Twilight

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Twilight

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:25 am

What do you think of this book series? I never read it but I seen the movie and it was ok (Not bad but not great as well). I am not really interested in the series and I have no plans to read any of the books.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 am

My sister seems to like the stuff. No idea why.

Annihilationscape
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilationscape » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 am

The series just doesn't appeal to me. In the occasion I do enjoy a Vampire story (there aren't many I really like), I'm picky about how they're depicted. Twilight's... (I'm trying really hard not to say emo...) brooding vamps who are cool with the daylight and whatnot just don't do it for me.

And the main female character is really annoying to me. I'm supposed to sympathize with her, I guess, but I don't. Like, at all. So... yeah. Not for me.

Yet a friend of mine keeps saying how awesome it is. Him and his wife loved the books and the movie. *shrug*
"I'll make you wish you hadn't burned our time before/ I'll live through this in a manner cursed at my own accord.

If my shame spills our worth across this floor/ Then tonight, goodnight... I'm burning Star IV."

-Claudio nukes creation because lolheartbreak, Coheed & Cambria

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:48 am

My sister loathes it. From what I've heard on the 'net, it's supposed to be worse than the Eragon books.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:17 pm

This is what I think of that over rated piece of crap.

:headdesk:
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

rberlin
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby rberlin » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:09 pm

For some reason my wife read them. She was telling me a little bit about it like a girl falls in love with a vampire and her brother's a werewolf and that's when I stopped listening to her.

Just what the world needs, another book about having sex with vampires for all the little 14 year old goth girls.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:20 pm

I don't know too much about it

some ladies at my college like it a lot, my sister is pretty indifferent to it, everybody else I am acquainted with doesn't know what it its
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:50 pm

There was a Stephen King interview somewhere, and he was asked who was the better writer: Stephen King, JK Rowling, or [twilight author]. And he said that the twilight author was a horrible writer, and that he respected JK Rowling...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:49 pm

I've heard of the name but I'm not really into the whole Vampire scene enough (Buffy the movie and series was cool though) too care.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:28 pm

From what I have heard, it is basically a sexually charged Vampire fan-fic that just happened to get a broad fan base and a movie deal.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:48 pm

rberlin wrote:Just what the world needs, another book about having sex with vampires for all the little 14 year old goth girls.

From what I read, the series is all about NOT having sex with vampires -- i.e. it's thinly disguised abstinence preaching. And that bit about the brother being a werewolf -- probably just at the age when he starts sprout hair all over and start acting like an animal anyway.

But yeah, there are too many books about vampires and the girls who fall for them or in the case of Anne Rice (when she's not plugging her sponsors), the guys, for that extra touch of yaoi. We demand balance -- the world needs more werewolves, especially more lesbian werewolves.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:52 pm

Mr. Tines wrote: We demand balance -- the world needs more werewolves, especially more lesbian werewolves.

No. What we need are more Werewolf Women of the SS.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:13 pm

I'm just surprised a guy brought up this topic.

kwsn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kwsn » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:22 pm

Read them, jumps the metaphorical shark between 3 and 4, dragged out way too long (book four gives the previous canon the big middle finger, or well, a nice amount of it, and proceeds to rip it to shreds).

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:We demand balance -- the world needs more werewolves, especially more lesbian werewolves.

Why bother... the furries will just ruin it anyway.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 pm

Everything I know about Twilight comes from this article:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16878_if-twilight-was-10-time-shorter-100-times-more-honest.html

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:49 pm

My opinion of it is that it is a very stupid and unintelligent series for girls. I thought maybe it would be half way decent. But as my sister read more books and informed me on the direction the story took, it is quite idiotic.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Twilight has to be the most over-hyped, over-rated bit of crap that passes as writing. I've been *TRYING* to get through the first book, but it's like reading every bad Mary Sue/vampire fanfic rolled into one.

And Edward Cullen? Is the poster for creepy, stalkerish, emotionally controlling creeps everywhere, plus Bella, the heroine, is so dumb and wooden, she's practically bait for those kinds of guys. Add to this, the author baptizes this kind of relationship as the epitome of True Love. And the tweenagers eat this crap right up: I'm predicting a rise of stalker targeting in our girls, especially Twilight fangirls, once they start dating, since they'll be thinking their abusers are "OMG, just wike Edwawd!!11"

I'm not bashing these kids, I'm just speaking from the viewpoint of someone who was in an emotionally abusive relationship.
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:29 pm

Twilight has to be the most over-hyped, over-rated bit of crap that passes as writing. I've been *TRYING* to get through the first book, but it's like reading every bad Mary Sue/vampire fanfic rolled into one.

This ^! I agree with everything about this post and I would rep you for this if this site had rep points system.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

GVman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GVman » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:59 am

I heard from some girls that I probably wouldn't like it, as I'm a man and not the target audience, so I never bothered to read them.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”