FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:07 pm

I just wanted to recommend a few fanfics

NGE: Walking in The Shadow of Dreams

NGE: Mitigation

Unbroken

Taking Sight

Lifespan of a Love Affair

Red Head

Hey Good Mams and Sirs, have any of you read Scar Tissue? Has there already been a discussion on it? If so can I ask a few questions? Do you think Asuka is capable of doing what she in the story? Would it be in character for her to be that bitter and angry?

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:45 am

I think she might have went overboard; her acting like that is a worst-case scenario in my books.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:21 am

^
Apparently she gets better... and then there some crazy Russian assassin appears and target the Children and everything turns weird or something...

By the way that makes me remember, the guy who's making Scar Tissue is also making a post-3.0 fic called Redemption Song. :bigeyes:

From what I see so far, Asuka is fairly well equilibrated, a mix of anger and caring deep down, while not being sure why she still bother with him, Shinji is sinking headfirst into pure isolation-induced madness, because the crew are portrayed as absolute assholes who locked him in a room in complete isolation for weeks are use the camera feed to see him lost his mind while giggling, as if they were looking their favorite TV show, Asuka want to bash their skull.
Last edited by ElMariachi on Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:22 am

hm.

We obviously had Darkfic genre conventions at work there. Just like in an etotic series, even if it's good and not too contrived/ham-fisted any situation that could realistically end in sex will include sex, in this kind of fic every bad thing that very well could, but didn't necessarily need to happen will happen.

There's a difference between if something could possibly happen, if it's plausible, and if it's among the most likely outcomes.
What happens in this fic is not the most likely outcome for the weeks after TI.

We have vicious cycles escalating more and more, it doesn't start with the extremeness that it already flaunts in the discription. At this point they have progressed/escalated beyond the states at the end of EoE, and EoE itself already has pretty extreme things happening.

If Asuka & Shinji actually did get together (or get stuck together), I can easily see that relationship turning abusive, maybe not to this exascerbated extreme, but there was exascerbation in the meantime.
That said, I don't think they would stay together, or they could at least have the option of stubborny walzing to some other part of the wasteland untill they stopped being pissed.

I stopped reading not because of the shock value things in the beginning, but when it became obvious that the author was dragging this out and intending to end this with LAS waff once they were done with the "betterment" /fetishize it after all, and not with one firm, decisive, "Get out!"
Which isn't the same as "Go fuck yourself".
You can feel sorry for a person, understrand why they do their ugly things and still decide they're not right for you without completely hating them, but this option did not seem to be present in the author's head.

Having them end up together just like every RL abuse victim HOPES that their GF/BF will finally change and stop doinbg shit and come back to them for that reason is just something he can't do.
If he starts with realism ("No, abuse is not allright if the girl does it, it hurts"), he has to carry it throughv to the end. (RL abusers rarely change, and in any case waiting for them to do that is not good policy)
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 am

Just so we're clear, if only for the possibility of heading off the expected confrontation between Asuka's Bulldog and the Defender of Puppy Boy: Does this fic take as a premise the interpretation that Asuka is more the way you perceive her, or is that something you're bringing into it? Because in the case of the former, we can at least defuse the usual exchange of Asuka-centric walls of text and/or omnislashes.

...Not that I don't like to read those on occasion, of course. But I'm thinking of other people here.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:05 am

It's not like I wrote this post to provoke anyone, I wrote it to answer the question.

...and I probably wouldn't have wound up with that title if I hadn't run out of regular ones around the time Q was released.

As for your question...
I don't think the author actually hates Asuka, (or interpretes her in a way that every single person who isn't so crazy about her would subscribe to. They're obviously interested if they if he wrote a fic focussed on her smashing things.) if you look at the later chapters.
I think they like the crazy disfunctionality of EoE and wanted to continue on it, and perhaps do something dark and abusive for the sake of dark and abusive. They're someone who digs crazyness, got carried away, or were venting the feels of the movie, and then progressively ran out of ideas.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Hey Good Mams and Sirs, how dark is too dark?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Dark is fine, as long as it's good.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:24 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Dark is fine, as long as it's good.

How depraved could dark get in the Evaverse?

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:42 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:I could think of plenty.

Could stuff like what Adam Kadmon, Strigon, KOAS, Modaetai and deathbringer374 write about really happen in the Evaverse? Would the characters really let it get that bad?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:56 pm

^
NO.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Crap sorry I have so many tabs open
that I deleted my post by mistake

son of a monkey..

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:59 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Crap sorry I have so many tabs open
that I deleted my post

It's alright Good Sir.

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Well, Kadmon hits pretty close and his concepts seem fitting in Evaverse and a lot of his fans see second Anno in him. Other authors seems less accurate with the setting.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:23 pm

How evil or insane do you view Yui as?

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:25 pm

As much as Kheel just with different goal :shrug:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:53 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:How evil or insane do you view Yui as?

i like to think that she was a animal in bed :)

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:02 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:i like to think that she was a animal in bed :)

Dammit where was that joke from? I forget the name of the fanfic but I know they got the joke from the Simpsons, Evanjellydonut maybe or was it NGE: Nobody Dies? Dammit it's gonna bother me for the rest of the day.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Can we knock it off with the light conversation? It's getting a bit too chatty in here.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Right, sorry

anyway can anyone point me to any good Shinji x Misato fics?

- Suicidahlia

Return to “Fanfiction”