Eva 01 origins

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ReeccaWoolf
Embryo

Eva 01 origins

•      
  •      

Postby ReeccaWoolf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:07 pm

This is just some random theory I've been working on since I've noticed a certian line in eva. It was a line in one of the earlier eps., sorry don't remember witch, durring one of gendo's meetings with the heads of seele. One of the seele big-wigs is compaining about cost and the list specificly the development costs of unit 00 and 02 and the repair cost on unit 01. Not listing unit 01's development cost would sugest that there was really little to know actual expense in the 'creation' of unit 01. Could it be that unit 01 was found in the black egg/genospere and all the other evas are acutually a clone of her and NOT adam or lilith? This would explain why, even though Asuka lists 01 as the test type, that all the acutual testing is done on unit 00. Or do you think I'm reading to much in to one line? :wink: Just want to see what other people think

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Mayhaps the development cost is infimal compared to the others, as Eva-01 was sprouted from Lilith's legs

Note: 10:51pm gmt-3 server really busy. Be patient with the image.

Note2: This new color scheme makes links on text REALLY hard to see.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

ReeccaWoolf
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReeccaWoolf » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:02 pm

dude, was that image from the series or movies? I don't remember seeing it anywhere or anything to it's effect mentioned and I've watched through it MANY Times, where was it? Can't belive it miss that!

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:17 pm

It flashes by (more like smeared into the background actually) in the Director's Cuts, during the scene where Ritsuko melts the Rei clones. Ahh, educating 'teh' 'n00b's is always fun.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:28 pm

But note that you need the original directors cuts to see this and the other strange images. They were removed in Renewal/Platinum.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:35 pm

You can see the caps here from the test type opening:

http://www.evamonkey.com/test_type/

or download the actual test type opening to see for yourself:

http://www.evamonkey.com/test_type_opening.avi

Yes, Eva Unit 01 is definitely created directly from Lilith. Hence why Eva Unit 01 is referred to as "special" and "Lilith's only true offspring".

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:15 pm

Here you can see how the images originally appeared on episode 23' (pre-renewal). The test type extra pics are just more clear and without the Rei transparencies.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:10 am

why did they remove these shots from renewal? i think that they are really great and that they help clear up some questions that some first-viewers may have. Maybe they wanted to leave the thought to our imagionations.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:12 pm

rip3mwk wrote:why did they remove these shots from renewal?

That's one of the great mysteries of Evangelion.

rip3mwk wrote: i think that they are really great and that they help clear up some questions that some first-viewers may have. Maybe they wanted to leave the thought to our imagionations.

There are enough images in that sequence that can exercise the imagination to more than make up. There are some pretty strange ones, discussed in this thread here:-

http://www.animenation.net/forums/showt ... p?t=167319
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:09 pm

wow that link has some interesting ideas going on. this is good stuff, just when i think i have it all down something like this makes me wonder again.
by the way - the color of the end of eva shots in the test type vid are so vibrant... must create region 1 dvd now!
i think the images should have stayed with the show in platinum

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:29 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Mayhaps the development cost is infimal compared to the others, as Eva-01 was sprouted from Lilith's legs

I tend to think that EVA-01 "sprouted" from BETWEEN Lilith's legs, and Lilith's legs subsequently atrophied into nothing as her baby continued to grow.

And actually, you can see details on Lilith more clearly in the non-Renewal #23' than you can in the FULL OP.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

rip3mwk
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby rip3mwk » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:09 pm

Reichu wrote:
AchtungAffen wrote:Mayhaps the development cost is infimal compared to the others, as Eva-01 was sprouted from Lilith's legs

I tend to think that EVA-01 "sprouted" from BETWEEN Lilith's legs, and Lilith's legs subsequently atrophied into nothing as her baby continued to grow.

And actually, you can see details on Lilith more clearly in the non-Renewal #23' than you can in the FULL OP.

Well the image of unit 01 and lilith looks as if 01 is growing directly off of lilith's lower body. now "sprouting between her legs" seems more logical, the image says otherwise. (will never know where her arm went though). they also seem to be in the test room where 00 went berserk twice.
the yui plug suit pic is a little strange in that her suit (looks just like Rei's - makes sence) looks like it has small wings on the back. whomever was the animator may have always just wanted the image to look cool according to his or her liking.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:28 pm

rip3mwk wrote:Well the image of unit 01 and lilith looks as if 01 is growing directly off of lilith's lower body. now "sprouting between her legs" seems more logical, the image says otherwise.

Check out the full write-up on my weirdo theory here.

(will never know where her arm went though).

Going the same route as her legs already went.

they also seem to be in the test room where 00 went berserk twice.

Nope. This is at the site where the skeletons of the prototypes are later dumped. (See the thread Mr. Tines referred to earlier.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

ReeccaWoolf
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReeccaWoolf » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:34 pm

See, this is why I bothered to join a forum, to learn. The original director's cut, as in not released in the US? As soon as I get some cash I'll buy that. Though, i guess my idea wasn't really wrong, just comon knowledge.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:37 pm

ReeccaWoolf wrote:The original director's cut, as in not released in the US?

As released in the US, "Resurrection" as opposed to "Platinum 0:7".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

ReeccaWoolf
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ReeccaWoolf » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:09 pm

OH, I get it now, I'm very slow some times, confused the renewal/platinum for meaning both resurection AND platinum, there both r words, easy to confuse!

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:33 pm

Geez Reichu, you need to have a baby ASAP. All those maternal issues, gendering stuff. Well, as far as I can see, Eva-01 and Lilith were joined by the legs, something confirmed by that liner note which said that Yui's accident happened when these two beings where joined by the legs.
My List @ AniDB

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:50 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:Geez Reichu, you need to have a baby ASAP. All those maternal issues, gendering stuff. Well, as far as I can see, Eva-01 and Lilith were joined by the legs, something confirmed by that liner note which said that Yui's accident happened when these two beings where joined by the legs.

Got the quote handy?

This interpretation doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why would Lilith's legs be growing into another entity? Is it any sort of accident that EVA-01 is essentially attached to the bottom of where Lilith's hips would be and, the next time we see Lilith, she is bleeding from the same place?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:55 pm

Umm we know that unit one comes from lilith because she's mentioned as her only true offspring.

Why would the leg thing be important if we know this?

Also Reichu you've got me calling the eva's " she" now damnit I hope your happy !
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:02 pm

Got the quote handy?

Many thanks to MDWigs for providing me with this.

From the Genesis 0:12 liner notes, in the "Eva Tomo no Kai" section (Translation by Bochan_Bird).

quote:

"[...] Sono naki ni yokotawatta nitai no kyojin no eizou ga aru. Kore wa Yui ga shoushitsu shiteshimatta jikken o shita dankai de, Lilith to Eva Shogouki dearu rashii. Tomo ni kahanshin ga hotondo nai joutai deari, ketsuraku shita kahanshin doushi ga tsunagatteiru you da. Lilith to Shogouki ga tsunagatta joutai de Yui wa, Lilith ni sesshoku shi torikomareteshimatta no darou."

"[...] Among these are an image of two giants lying stretched out. These apparently are Lilith and Eva-01 at the stage of the experiment where Yui disappeared. Both are in the condition with most of their lower bodies missing, and the missing lower torsos appear to be joined. Yui probably performed contact in the condition with Lilith and Eva-01 joined, and was taken/absorbed into [the Eva]."

Well, it wasn't legs but torsos. Still, in the pics we don't see legs opening as if giving birth or something. We only see them joined, nothing more. The argument of atrophied legs is, as far as I think, speculation.

This interpretation doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why would Lilith's legs be growing into another entity?

In the realm of speculation I could say it was induced, they induce Lillith's body to start forming a new individual, some sort of cloning, which we know is a mastered art in Evangelion.

s it any sort of accident that EVA-01 is essentially attached to the bottom of where Lilith's hips would be and, the next time we see Lilith, she is bleeding from the same place?

They had to separate them once, right? And if the separation is made in the part where they were joined it's only logical that if Lilith has to bleed from somewhere it has to be where it was amputated, right?
My List @ AniDB

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”