Official Evangelion Live Action Series Thread Cont. 2

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

PronsAmuro [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PronsAmuro [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 am

He was trying to get us to write\donate\whatever for his movie, all that really came out of it was a clip of the Eva naime with explosions super imposed over it. If I remember right, ADV and the church (he was bumming off his church's dedicated server for webspace) both double kicked his ***

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:08 GMT

Tenou [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tenou [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 am

Helvetica wrote:It seems like every forum he's promoted his fan project on has turned him into a whipping boy. I didn't know people from Animenation would take those kinda measures though - honestly, how likely was it that anything would have come out of a limited budget and an oversized ambition?

Personally I thought calling ADV was kind of harsh on Desslock's part, but going over his reasoning I guess he did what he had to do for what most people knew was an ill-fated project. Then again, he was just a high school kid with an unrealistic proposal.

Talking to him, he seemed pretty serious about making the movie. I can relate - I had oversized ambitions kinda like his in middle school and high school and talked about them as if they were gonna be pro-quality. Having that kind of experience, I wouldn't be so hasty to call it a hoax if it was one.

Just an outsider's $0.02. Cheers.
We did take to him in the beginning, we gave him suggestions and tried to point him in the right direction. He became a whipping boy when it became clear that he was either trying to con us or just a retarded puppy.
When he started claiming other's work as his own, that's when we got mean. When he tried to solicite donations based on other's hard work, that's when more than a few of us contacted ADV.

Nope, he really did ask for everything he got.

Helvetica wrote:I'm guessing that means donations.

I'm too lazy to read the whole epic thread in detail, so I don't exactly know what you mean. Was he soliciting people to donate money for the movie?
Yes, yes he was.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:13 GMT

Ketaru [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ketaru [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 am

This is the infamous Live-action Eva movie thread everybody is talking about all the time?

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:13 GMT

Bernard_Monsha [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bernard_Monsha [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 am

Unfortunately, yes it is.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:15 GMT

Tom Servo [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tom Servo [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 am

Good grief, not this again.
Talking to him, he seemed pretty serious about making the movie.So serious, in fact, that he never even bothered to put up a storyboard or anything of that ilk - the entire focus of the project (besides the paypal thingymajig) seemed to be on making a 'trailer' and not a movie.

Where are my previous posts here? As I certainly remember posting in this thread. Were they deleted or removed in a Back to The Future-type way - either way I have to wonder what the intention behind that was.

Playing with history again, timebender?

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:17 GMT

Helvetica [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Helvetica [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

PronsAmuro wrote:He was trying to get us to write\donate\whatever for his movie, all that really came out of it was a clip of the Eva naime with explosions super imposed over it.
Haha! That reminds me of one of the old Rocky trailers where they have a glove with the American flag and another glove with the Communist hammer and sickle colliding against each other...and EXPLODING!

Ahh...the 80's.

PronsAmuro wrote:If I remember right, ADV and the church (he was bumming off his church's dedicated server for webspace) both double kicked his ***
Ahh, the blunders of using your church's technology. That's how the BTK killer got caught...he gave himself away by delivering a floppy disk with a letter to the police in Word format. The information on the file and floppy disk led back to his church's PC and his personal account.

Would you believe, he was president of the congregation council. =\

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:18 GMT

Leader Desslock [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Leader Desslock [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

Tom Servo wrote:Where are my previous posts here? As I certainly remember posting in this thread. Were they deleted or removed in a Back to The Future-type way - either way I have to wonder what the intention behind that was.

Playing with history again, timebender?
They might've been in the other two threads. This was (I think) the third thread mae; the other two were deleted. I think I remember you posting in at least the second of those threads.

Dunno, it's been a while.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:22 GMT

Ketaru [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ketaru [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

Should use this thread as reason that there should be an "Ask Desslock" forum, almost as spoof of an "Ask John" forum, where the answers are always written a pinch of spite and wit. I also think we should we have an "Ask Prons" forum, but that's another story completely.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:25 GMT

Helvetica [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Tom Servo wrote:Good grief, not this again.
Talking to him, he seemed pretty serious about making the movie.So serious, in fact, that he never even bothered to put up a storyboard or anything of that ilk - the entire focus of the project (besides the paypal thingymajig) seemed to be on making a 'trailer' and not a movie.
I said he seemed serious. I never said he was capable. He spoke to me about his plans and what he wanted to do, and I listened, because I was curious how a high school student with a budget less than $100 would pull something like this off. Truth be told, I was willing to help him if he could produce evidence that he was capable of making this happen. Specifically, I asked him for footage to inspire me to write music.

I never got that footage, or even a follow up. I guess we share sentiments then.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:28 GMT

Tom Servo [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tom Servo [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

That makes sense, Desslock - there may have been multiple threads. Can't escape the feeling that I posted in this one, too.

I'll have to check what else might have been changed - hang on, the search function - even for registered members - doesn't actually search the entire stretch of subforums at all, which means I can't do that. What a waste!

Edit: I like the sound of this live action Pokemon thing, for the Pokeball all you need is one of those spherical hamster treadballs with various household pets crushed together inside - then when you throw it against the ground it cracks open and they all pop out... just like in the show! Animal Welfare might get onto your case with this plan, however.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:36 GMT

Tenou [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tenou [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

Tom Servo wrote:That makes sense, Desslock - there may have been multiple threads. Can't escape the feeling that I posted in this one, too.

I'll have to check what else might have been changed - hang on, the search function - even for registered members - doesn't actually search the entire stretch of subforums at all, which means I can't do that. What a waste!
There were numerous threads, the first where he announced his project, the second where he announced that he couldn't do what he wanted on the budget he had, then this one. And I'm thinking a couple of others in the Eva forum.
Some were locked, but I don't think they were deleted.

Either way, OT isn't included in the search, but if you really want to find what you posted, go to google advanced search, search animenation.net for your name. You'll find the archived threads.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:42 GMT

corncopp6 [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby corncopp6 [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

Do mods save these on their HDs?

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:43 GMT

Helvetica [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

corncopp6 wrote:Do mods save these on their HDs?
There's an archive. That's where I found this thread and that conversation log in the first place.

Originally posted on: 08-May-2007, 17:45 GMT

PronsAmuro [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PronsAmuro [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

He never did pay back the 50 dollars I sent.

Originally posted on: 09-May-2007, 12:11 GMT

Katayoku no Tenshi [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

Helvetica wrote:Personally I thought calling ADV was kind of harsh on Desslock's part, but going over his reasoning I guess he did what he had to do for what most people knew was an ill-fated project. Then again, he was just a high school kid with an unrealistic proposal.
Copyright infringment?
Desslock NO LIKE.
Seriously, don't bring it up. Image

Leader Desslock wrote:It appears that he's moved his copyright infringment on to other projects, like a Live Action Pokemon:
You know, I couldn't have made that up if I'd tried. Image

Helvetica wrote:There's an archive. That's where I found this thread and that conversation log in the first place.
You mean this Archive?

Originally posted on: 09-May-2007, 12:50 GMT

Leader Desslock [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Leader Desslock [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:48 am

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:Copyright infringment?
Desslock NO LIKE.
Seriously, don't bring it up. Image
To be fair, that has nothing to do with why I contacted ADV. His lies had merely gotten to the point of ridiculousness, so I called his bluff. If I remember correctly, the progression was like this:

1) He claimed to have [studio x] working on his 3-d models
2) Someone contacted said studio to debunk that claim
3) He claimed to have the eva-r team working on his script (which conflicted with previous claims that he was working verbatim from the show script, down to "every gesture and every nuance".
4) Someone contacted eva-r to debunk that claim

...detect the pattern here?...

5) He said that the moment he received a C&D, he'd shut down immediately.
6) I knew he wouldn't do that, so I'm the one who called his bluff. But knowing that debunking this claim could land him in hot water, I gave him an ultimatum. I told him that unless he posted proof of his work by the end of one week, I would contact the licensor.
7) He failed to produce proof, despite several reminders (in posts and PMs)
8) I let an additional week or so pass, then contacted ADV Films.

This was not a case of Desslock No Like Copyright Infringement. This was a case of calling a fraud on his claims. He could have avoided it by either: a) admitting the deception, or b) posting proof of his work. He chose to do neither, so the licensor was contacted.

Originally posted on: 09-May-2007, 14:32 GMT

GreatNekoKoneko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby GreatNekoKoneko [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 am

...nah. Desslock just HATED the living GUTS of that guy. seriously.

it's ok, LD. it's ok to hate.

Originally posted on: 10-May-2007, 00:51 GMT

FullMetal Haruko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetal Haruko [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 am

In honour of the 'Your Favourite Thread Ever' I am Necroing this WONDERFUL topic, all the way back from 2006. It's somewhat of a wonder it never got locked. Image

Originally posted on: 15-May-2008, 08:51 GMT

Sendo Takeshi [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sendo Takeshi [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 am

FullMetal Haruko wrote:In honour of the 'Your Favourite Thread Ever' I am Necroing this WONDERFUL topic, all the way back from 2006. It's somewhat of a wonder it never got locked. Image
You're about as dumb as you are a troll.

Originally posted on: 15-May-2008, 08:59 GMT

Mikosage [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mikosage [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:49 am

Now it's going to get locked and/or deleted, you know.

Originally posted on: 14-May-2008, 21:00 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”