Official Evangelion Live Action Series Thread Cont. 2

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Shinji_Ikari [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji_Ikari [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 am

- BLANK -

Project Shutting Down at 6:00 pm Tuesday

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 14:28 GMT

Samurai Drifter [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Samurai Drifter [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 am

*falls out of chair laughing*

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 15:29 GMT

Shinji_Ikari [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

- BLANK -

Project Shutting Down at 6:00 pm Tuesday

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 16:36 GMT

Leader Desslock [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Leader Desslock [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 am

I downloaded it yesterday. The high-quality version link didn't work, so I was waiting to post a thread. If you want my comments:

1) It's not a 'trailer'. A trailer, as I pointed out in the other thread, is a carefully scripted storyboard that compresses the attractive points of a story into a ~minute long clip. What you have is a clip that combines a model test, a tiny amount of model animation (the door), a POV test and a test to determine whether you can add a sound track. All minimally successful, but not a trailer at all.

2) Nothing in your clip demonstrates your ability to combine live action with CG. As I said in the other thread, a person in street clothes walking in front of a window with a CG landscape outside would accomplish this (or anything containing similar elements). Once again I'll ask: what have you done to prove this concept? Please post that test.

3) The clip ends with someone (I assume you) badly voicing Shinji over an animation clip from the show. You had originally said you were using no animation from the show. Once again, you have blatantly lied.

4) The moment GAINAX sees their name/logo in that clip, you will be sued. Ask your legal friend why. Not that he'll know, but at least it'll give him something to do since you clearly haven't consulted him in a while.

5) I notice that Eva Rosen's name has mysteriously disappeared from any and all writing credits. Interesting how fast you dropped that hot potato once the lie was discovered, innit?

That's all I have to say. Bravo. You've demonstrated the ability to stick other peoples' models into video. You haven't demonstrated the ability to pull off this project at all. I'm not being negative, that's an objective evaluation.

Also - please don't use my name as a claimed inspiration source if you're not going to do what I request. I requested that you demonstrate that this wasn't a hoax. You haven't done that. I requested that you show the other forms of test to indicate that you know how to combine CG and live action (the Captain Picard example in the previous thread) - you haven't done that. You haven't done a lot of things you'd have to have done if this was legit.

Now - before THIS thread turns into a 30+ page long flame fest with no purpose, why don't you just go away and do what we all asked you to do in the previous thread? Repeatedly. Incessantly. There is no purpose served by you returning to AN as a punching bag until you're willing to put in some kind of effort on this project.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:29 GMT

FullMetal Haruko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetal Haruko [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 am

Wow Shinji, you stole those images from a spanish 3D design website. Two Gold creativity stars for not eving removing the link to thier website for you.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:41 GMT

Evil_Koala [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evil_Koala [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:28 am

Well FMH, had he done that. It would have been plagerism. Which might I add is illegal. V_V

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:43 GMT

Shinji_Ikari [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

ahaha Oh desslock, desslock desslock. Please carefully read my posts on the site and any other places before you post. That is NOT the trailer and will not be a clip either. It is there for public veiwing but the Purpose of that clip was to point out a visual of the script I have thrown togather with my head 3D Artist which will help point out the events in which the trailer will take place. I am sorry avout the large version not working, I will get that back on in a little bit.

The forums are there to discuss anything you want.
The Clip You saw did not have anyones voice overs at all. The Shinji clip at the end is showing the exact scene that we are using and everymotion for the real trailer. The movie "Again" is not going to be using any of the original animation.

Thank You.
Joshua Pelkala

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:45 GMT

FullMetal Haruko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Shinji_Ikari wrote:ahaha Oh desslock, desslock desslock. Please carefully read my posts on the site and any other places before you post. That is NOT the trailer and will not be a clip either. It is there for public veiwing but the Purpose of that clip was to point out a visual of the script I have thrown togather with my head 3D Artist which will help point out the events in which the trailer will take place. I am sorry avout the large version not working, I will get that back on in a little bit.

The forums are there to discuss anything you want.
The Clip You saw did not have anyones voice overs at all. The Shinji clip at the end is showing the exact scene that we are using and everymotion for the real trailer. The movie "Again" is not going to be using any of the original animation.

Thank You.
Joshua Pelkala

We have the roughdraft for the tailer doene and It Shows what and where things will go and which events take place when. It is nothing compared to the full trailer. The music isthe right music but there are a lot of things to be done.

Sorry, i believe you said trailor. Maybe you're just handicapped, like when you stole those pictures and said they were yours.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:47 GMT

Shinji_Ikari [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

FullMetal Haruko wrote:Wow Shinji, you stole those images from a spanish 3D design website. Two Gold creativity stars for not eving removing the link to thier website for you.
Ok There is no point in posting if you are not going to read my posts. the Spanish 3D site Like I have mentioned twice already has made the Evangelion and has added new texture and updated detail. The model is being sold to us "Again I am repeating myself which is irritating" for $500.00 USD.

Now please read my posts carefully before you look at pictures and say something stupid.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:48 GMT

Shinji_Ikari [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

FullMetal Haruko wrote:Sorry, i believe you said trailor. Maybe you're just handicapped, like when you stole those pictures and said they were yours.
I stole no pictures at all. Every one of those pictures you cannot find anywhere else. The only picture there that isn't ours is the CCBC.it/3D artists ppicture of the Evangelion. I am not repeating myself again but I find myself doing it once again.

The clip shown was not the Trailer. It was the "ROUGH DRAFT" of the trailer to show in placement in which objects of events will take place.

I am sorry you don' understand my English. I am American. If you are from a differnt country and cannot read my posts please let me know on the forums and I will translate for you.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:51 GMT

Shinji_Ikari [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

No in fact I am laying down the pamflet. Show me the link to which you found these "Picturs on the other sites" and that will be your proof. Untill then stop whining.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:56 GMT

FullMetal Haruko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Shinji_Ikari wrote:No in fact I am laying down the pamflet. Show me the link to which you found these "Picturs on the other sites" and that will be your proof. Untill then stop whining.
Not a problem friend. http://www.ccbc.it/3d/cont/eva/eva.html

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 17:57 GMT

Shinji_Ikari [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji_Ikari [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 am

Oh my god you are hopeless.... Stop telling me that that ONE picture that I have already mentioned came from there more than 4 times... just forget it I am tired of explaining it to you.

Yes good work. THAT is the eva that is being sold to us from CCBC.it/3d You have brung it up a lot. Its like I say hey this is called a car and then you would come up and say no your rong its a car! And thien I say Its a car I know I just said that and then you would restate it again yes and you found the car here!

I am glad that you like the model and you have taken the time to go and chekc out the site. I have given three links to it already like when I say "The eva model is from CCBC" and when I say that i mean that the EVA Picture model is from CCBC.it/3d Please read my posts.
Thank You.
Joshua Pelkala

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 18:07 GMT

Leader Desslock [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Leader Desslock [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 am

Shinji_Ikari wrote:ahaha Oh desslock, desslock desslock. Please carefully read my posts on the site and any other places before you post. That is NOT the trailer and will not be a clip either.
You utterly ignore 30+ pages of feedback and specific requests, and you have the nerve to tell someone on this forum to carefully read YOUR posts? I take it back, you've just shown your first directorial trait: blind arrogance.

From your site: Our 3D Artist (Not the CG Artists) has put togather a roughdraft of our trailer and it is perfect! You can download it here!

Okay. Let's assume that it's no longer a 'rough draft' - say the scene is fully flushed out. Let's assume it's 100% generated at full detail, it has an accompanying voice over and live action spliced in, the right score - the whole nine yards. Would it then be a trailer?

No.

I put that word in it's own paragraph hoping I might be able to keep your attention for the 24 bits it took to represent the truth.

Why is that the truth? Think back on the 30+ pages of feedback you received and maybe you'll find your answers. You ain't the only one who's tired of talking to a brick wall, kid.

"Oh, but Desslock - I totally know what's gonna happen here."

Fine. Prove it. Post your storyboards. Post your script for the trailer voice over. Post some kind of proof that this is a real project and that you've actually put some work into something other than a website.

Ah, but there's a good excuse, I'm sure. Absolutely. There's always an excuse WHY you haven't got any of the preparatory work you'd need to make this work. It couldn't POSSIBLY be expected that you'd have any of that stuff lying around. What am I thinking?

What is it you hope to accomplish by standing up to be the AN punching bag? Why would you stand up to be flamed until you at least have a tiny amount to show that this might not be a badly executed hoax? I don't get your motives, and I don't care about them. I simply wish you well in court, because I've run out of any sympathetic notions of you receiving any other fate.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 18:08 GMT

gameoffreak8 [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gameoffreak8 [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 am

Shinji, you can't pwn Leader Desslock. Just admit it, you can't win against Mighty Leader Desslock. Again, I don't care what you talk. Don't post here until you have enough proof...

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 18:14 GMT

Nano [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nano [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 am

Resistance is.........................annoying! He'll just destroy you!

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 18:17 GMT

Samurai Drifter [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Samurai Drifter [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:29 am

Shinji_Ikari wrote:Oh my god you are hopeless....
I don't think FMH is the hopeless one here.

And you're American? Sad. There are Japanese people on this board that write English better than you do.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 19:20 GMT

Bernard_Monsha [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bernard_Monsha [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:31 am

I am willing to tolerate Shinjis colorful exagerations so long as it remains civil so stop flameing FMH.

My MD Geist Ballet is ahaead of Scedule we have picked out Tutu's as MD Geist will be played by a woman (kinda like Peter Pan).

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 19:37 GMT

FullMetal Haruko [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby FullMetal Haruko [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:31 am

Bernard_Monsha wrote:I am willing to tolerate Shinjis colorful exagerations so long as it remains civil so stop flameing FMH.
Flaming? All i was saying was how he stole those pics from some site.
And Shinji, you say you're buying those images? from a spanish site? who when i email will tell me they have no affilitaion with you, just like Eva-R?

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 19:39 GMT

Bernard_Monsha [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Bernard_Monsha [ANF] » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:31 am

FullMetal Haruko wrote:Flaming? All i was saying was how he stole those pics from some site.
Ahem

FullMetal Haruko wrote:Are you ****ing stupid?
Now for bonus points you can tell me why this is not acceptable.

Originally posted on: 07-May-2006, 19:46 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”