Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Xard
Banned

Re: What would YOU make an anime of?

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Indigo Arcangel wrote:From a western side, I would adapt the Artemis Fowl, purely because Hollywood would probably just create a CGI-Costume piece of turd - MEGA FAIL

I thought fail carries over from original material... :whistle:

Action_Bastard wrote:
Blade Runner

Why?

The Bastard King wrote:Harry Potter.

Seriously, have you seen some of the HP anime art on DeviantArt? It's surprisingly fitting.

well, retarted things go well together... :shifty:

Dartz wrote:Dark Tower.

Live action will never capture the run-down awesomeness and dis-reality of Mid-World the way gritty animation could...

SECONDED - but they should really nail the art style - something a kin Monster when it comes to character design.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:21 pm

There there, SSD...(reassuring headpat) The hobbit's not a bad choice!

Another idea - Max Payne, purely because the movie completely lost cite of the original values of the game, + because I think a good visual style could be done with it (think 'Detective's story' from 'The Animatrix)

Also, had a bit of an idea - What anime would you REmake?
(Perhaps I should do a different thread for that)

Oh, and by the way, Xard...who pissed in your coffee? (Allthough I concur with Dark Tower)
Last edited by Indigo Arcangel on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Anime war movies... Saving Private Ryu?

And I still stand by TR making an awesome anime series. Any politician capable of creating a modern war machine, manufacturing a reason to use it, then quiting his cushy job to participate unofficially in the resulting war is someone worth animating.

Hell, it would probably be bastardized into some sort of color-coded space-ninja team of former presidents facing rubber-suit kaiju with their arsenal of democracy. TR would fill the gung-ho 'brick' roll nicely though... hmm.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Neverwhere or Good Omens.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Indigo Arcangel wrote:What anime would you REmake?

I'd remake Blue Drop into a 24-episode series.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:40 pm

BobBQ wrote:I'd remake Blue Drop into a 24-episode series.

I'll drink to that...

My normal response in /a/ threads about "what book would you like to see as an anime" would be Glen Cook's Chronicles of the Black Company -- but having watched the first episode of Tytania, what I would really like to see would be a real Lensman anime. Oh, if only that particular well had not been poisoned lo, these many years ago!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:41 pm

I'd like an anime that would go along with a music group, such as my idea of "Gypsy Bandit Django"(a gypsy bandit named Django who gets caught up in a number of off the wall and weird adventures, along the lines of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo) featuring music by Bond, or something new and in the cyberpunk category, featuring music by Infected Mushroom.

Indigo Arcangel wrote:What anime would you REmake?

Do I smell a new, or currently existing thread?

Xard wrote:
Action_Bastard wrote:Blade Runner

Why?

I dunno, I mean the movie was good as it is, but if it were to be done animated and give more insight into the androids and what happens between the female one and Harrison Ford, then I would be very interested.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:37 pm

I'd like to make an anime from one of my own ideas, but that'd be a lot of work. So I'd probably settle for some great book like 1984, Fahrenheit 451, or something cool and philosophical like that.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:07 pm

{Insert Gustav Holst's Mars, Bringer of War here, and listen while reading}

Not in order of epicness...

Dune, It, Asimov's Foundation Series, The Shining, Asimov's I, Robot, Clarke's Space Odyssey Series, War of the Worlds, Ellison's The Invisible Man, The Abyss, Bioshock, System Shock Series, Bungie's Marathon Series (starting from Pathways Into Darkness), F.E.A.R. Series, Mortal Kombat Series, Shoal Kaleeboar Series, Equilibrium, Jason Bourne Movie Series, Jason Bourne Novel Series, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac, along with I Feel Sick and Squee!,

JAMESH BOND SHERIESH

Star Trek Serieses, Carpenter's They Live, Carpenter's The Thing, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Taxi Driver, The Deer Hunter, Apocalypse Now, 12 Monkeys, Fight Club, Glory, The Andromeda Strain, Snakes on a Plane (XD), Sin City, Kill Bill Series, Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb, Pink Panther Series, Burdick and Wheeler's Fail-Safe, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Series, C&C: Red Alert Series (excluding RA3), A Clockwork Orange, Naked Lunch, Lolita, A Scanner Darkly, Skeleton Key, The Omen Series, Dinotopia, The Matrix Series, Rosemary's Baby, From Here To Eternity, Casablanca, Young Frankenstein, The Addam's Family, Breakfast At Tiffany's, Vertigo, The Birds, Lawrence of Arabia, Sherlock Holmes, The Maltese Falcon, Hardy Boys Series (LOL), The Big Combo, Pulp, Nikita, Blue Velvet, The Departed/Internal Affairs, Chinatown, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest,

The Hunt for Red October, Alien Series (Maybe Ripley can coordinate his efforts for Alien 5 with this), Predator, Alien vs. Predator Novel Series, AvP 2 Game Series, Prince of Persia Series (LOL), Metroid Prime, Starship Troopers (1st Movie), Jack Ryan Series, The Fifth Element (nobody can replace Chris Tucker)
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm

A full-length Domo-kun series, preferably over 300 episodes. There could be all sorts of crossover episodes, too. For example, Domo-kun terrorizes the DBZ characters, One Piece characters, Death Note characters, etc. It would be great.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:26 pm

Well, in a similar vein...

Ebichu the movie:

The Sequel...
Ebichu goes to Rome

The Prequel:
The Phantom Hamster

The Sequel to the Prequel.
The rise of the Hamster./

I haven't seen all the shorts yet. But the ones I've seen left me howling laughing like a starving Hyena at a dead elephant that's just been shot by poachers, stripped of it's tusks, and left as a juicy meaty carcass for the carrion feeders of the world.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:07 pm

Slice of life animu based around whitewater rafting. Fuck yeah.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:39 pm

OK, I have something else to add. I was glancing over to one of our shelves with VHS tapes on them and I happen to take note of our "Disco Godfather" tape. Then I realized...

Anime based on the Rudy Ray Moore blaxploitation films.

Not familiar with these films?

Disco Godfather
The Human Tornado
Monkey Hustle
Dolemite
Petey Wheatstraw

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:29 pm

1. Back to the Future

2. What TAO said

3. Pink Floyd The Wall

4. Various projects of my own
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:38 pm

JAMESH BOND SHERIESH

Holy shit now i remember the time i watched paprika and they borrowed that scene from "from russia with love" and it made me think about how cool it would be if they made anime versions of 007.

lol

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:40 pm

I can imagine a Back To The Future anime. And I can also imagine that failing horribly.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:13 am

Having just played through Heavenly Sword, I'd say it'd make a pretty awesome animu. It'd be perfect for a 6 ep or OVA movie.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:36 am

LeoXiao wrote:
JAMESH BOND SHERIESH

Holy shit now i remember the time i watched paprika and they borrowed that scene from "from russia with love" and it made me think about how cool it would be if they made anime versions of 007.

lol

Fking AMEN TO DAT!
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:45 am

TheAyanamiOtaku wrote:{Insert Gustav Holst's Mars, Bringer of War here, and listen while reading}
<snip>

Wow.

Ah, as for Red October...imagine Norio Wakamoto cast as Marko Ramius and Tomokazu Seki as Jack Ryan! Amen to James Bond too.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:49 am

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:1. Back to the Future

No! Those films are perfect the way they are!

ALL OF THEM! :angry!!:
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Return to “Anime and Manga”