Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

niyyuu
Embryo

Anyone attending Ohayhocon '09?

•      
  •      

Postby niyyuu » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:15 pm

Official Site for Ohayocon '09
Tiffany Grant is listed as one of the guests. Hopefully there will be a good amount of Eva-related stuff there!

I went to my first con, Colossal Con, over the summer, and I was rather disappointed at the severe lack of Eva-related stuff (apparently no one in Ohio likes the series). The Dealer's Room had a limited Eva selection, (though I was able to nab a pretty nifty Sachiel hat), there were no panels, and the only event was a screening of Rebuild 1.0 that was cancelled in favor of some video game tournament.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:16 pm

I wish I could make it to conventions, another few years and I will.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:43 am

Are both of you by any chance Ohioans?
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:52 am

Western New York, but my sister attends college in Ohio so we travel there very often.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

niyyuu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby niyyuu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 pm

Northeast Ohio. It's about a 2-hour drive from where I live to Columbus (where the convention is being held).

niyyuu
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby niyyuu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Texas: I actually used to live in Houston, where ADV is located, but I moved away right before I started getting into anime.

My experience at ColossalCon, which was held in Beachwood, Ohio (a 10-minute drive for me), was rather bland. Most of the fun came from random hi-jinks rather than any Con-related stuff. From what I had heard, their attendance rate was much higher than they'd planned. A lot of the panels got cancelled, usually at the last second (there was a line of 90+ people for the "Zombie Survival 101" panel that got cancelled 2 minutes after it was supposed to start for reasons unknown). It seemed that they were focusing more on cosplaying and video games than any real anime/manga-related stuff.
[And, as I mentioned, I'm almost 100% positive that I was the only person representing Evangelion there, what with me wearing my Nerv logo shirt and the Sachiel hat I bought while I was there. Just about all of the cosplaying was from mainstream series like Naruto and FMA.]

Some of my friends have been to Ohayocon and, according to them, it rarely disappoints.

Gilgamesh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gilgamesh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:04 am

I went to Ohayocon '08 and I may go next year as well. It was the first big con that I ever went to (previously I had only gone to Tsubasacon, a small anime convention in West Virginia), and it was a very enjoyable experience.
A person...is a shadow which we can never penetrate, of which there can be no such thing as direct knowledge, with respect to which we form countless beliefs, based upon words and sometimes actions, neither of which can give us anything but inadequate and as it proves contradictory information-a shadow behind which we can alternately imagine, with equal justification, that there burns the flame of hatred and of love.
-Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

Return to “Anime and Manga”