Help (Need info on Mari's character for fanfic)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

Help (Need info on Mari's character for fanfic)

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:36 pm

Forgive me if this is the page? to put this topic; but I am working on a fanfic in Fanfiction.net called Moving On Chapter 6, it takes place after 3rd Impact in the series- the thing is I used a pic of Mari I got from danbooru, since it was under a tab for Mayumi; So I thought of adding her to it as well instead, nobody knows anything about her character yet do they, it would help me a lot if somebody could tell me something about her, other than what she looks like. Once again, I apologize if this should be put somewhere else. Im new here. :-[

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:43 pm

Very new. Unfortunately, I can safely say that no information on Mari's character is availiable yet. I would suggest either developing an original character or waiting for the movie to come out, because if you develop her from scratch without information it will date your fic very shortly when the next movie comes out.

I would also work on your typing: I know that if I were to come across a fic written the way your post is, I would gloss right over it and find something else to do. Just a tip.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Ok. Thanks anyway. I guess I could try to develop my own. They say she's a tsunedre?, forgive me if the spelling is wrong, but you know, "ice princess", type of character. At least in Wiki and other sites ive been to. I can work off of that. Although, I would also have to see the movie to know her interactions and opinions of Shinji for the fic. Its a Shinji Harem- NGE/Tenchi Muyo xover. Regardless, I appreciate your reply and tip.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:12 pm

I've never heard the claim that Mari is a tsundere before. If there's no source for the claim, like a Newtype article, it's BS.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

AuraTwilight
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:54 pm

How the hell can we call her a tsundere? We haven't even seen her entire face in any appreciable manner and we got her name from an ass-backwards manner in an obscure videogame. Besides, isn't Asuka already the tsundere?

Rogue Eva Squirrel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Rogue Eva Squirrel » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:03 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:How the hell can we call her a tsundere? We haven't even seen her entire face in any appreciable manner and we got her name from an ass-backwards manner in an obscure videogame. Besides, isn't Asuka already the tsundere?

There can be only one! *Cues intro music for Mari by Queen*
Rogue squirrels in disguise.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”