[News] News Thread - NO POLITICS or META-POLITICS

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

[News] News Thread - NO POLITICS or META-POLITICS

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:22 pm

Rebooting since the last one was going down a rat-hole (mea culpa) demonstrating why these things are a bad idea.

Interesting and funnies only.
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:32 am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/05/2410769.htm

I almost fell outta my chair reading this. I should work in that company...at least if you get your hair pulled off the company gets fined $360,000 benjamens...

Wait...that's bad! Half of her hair got pulled off! :w00t:

http://www.iht.com/articles/reuters/2008/11/04/asia/OUKWD-UK-INDIA-ACCIDENT.php

This is going to cause some more humiliation and embarrassment toward Indians. Not to mention the TAC will be putting up more ads for "reckless" driving.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:30 am

http://www.iht.com/articles/reuters/2008/11/04/asia/OUKWD-UK-INDIA-ACCIDENT.php

Very in-character.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:04 pm

Ok, now that I can't talk about politics, let's get on with prolapse and stuff. Here's something:

"A Korean woman addicted to plastic surgery has been left unrecognisable after her obsession led her to inject cooking oil into her face."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3439638/Cosmetic-surgery-addict-injected-cooking-oil-into-her-own-face.html
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:56 pm

^
It's really amazing what kind of stuff people can become addicted to.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:19 pm

That story deserves a big WAT way, way up.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:47 am

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0603626/

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Are you kidding me? That's just sad.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Ornette wrote:http://www.imdb.com/news/ni0603626/

Everyone knows that the best thing to do in these situations is just embrace it, like Philadelphia building a Rocky statue or Riverside, Iowa becoming the "future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk."

Apparently even Borat was good for Kazakhstan.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Looks like the German prison system has been solidly snaked.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:37 pm

"Fire in the hole!" to be replaced by "Photo in the hole!"

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:25 pm

BobBQ wrote:"Fire in the hole!" to be replaced by "Photo in the hole!"

We just have to make sure the insurgents don't gain access to blankets or coats to block the picture...

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:28 am

"'While I was still on the toilet, I flushed it, and I felt something pull. I stood up slightly, and I could see a foot in the bowl of the toilet.' Cardiff Coroner Mary Hassell asked Ms Jones if she realised she had given birth. Ms Jones replied: 'No.' She said the baby was underneath the water covered in toilet paper. 'I could see the baby's foot, so I pulled the baby out.'"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7746292.stm

Flush your pain away, and then LOCK it.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:13 am

Ann Coulter's jaw wired shut! We're sooo sad....

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/11/oh-dear-page-si.html

It was Klauser II for sure.
My List @ AniDB

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:19 am

State justice confirms he yelled "Tyrant!" at Mukasey before AG collapsed...

After listening to Mukasey defend the Bush administration's counterterrorism policies — its detainment practices at Guantánamo Bay, its interpretation of the Geneva Conventions' reach — Sanders stood and shouted "Tyrant! You are a tyrant!"

"Frankly, everybody in the room was applauding or sometimes laughing, and I thought, 'I've got to stand up and say something.' And I did," Sanders told The Seattle Times Tuesday. "I stood up and said, 'Tyrant,' then I sat down again, then I left."

I can't believe it! A right winger (judge) with balls and a sense of justice and humanity! Must be a commie if he's not for human misery, suffering, pain and death; which are the goals of we know who.
My List @ AniDB

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:21 am

"Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede"

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_at_long_island_walmart_after.html
My List @ AniDB

V
Banned

Postby V » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:30 pm

that's in Nassau on the Queens border; hardly "Long Island"...
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:24 pm

Ann Coulter's jaw wired shut! We're sooo sad....

What!? :w00t: maybe there really is such a thing as Karma :asuka_thumbsup:

Either Way on a different but related note A mutation, possibly Hox based causes humans to have twice the normal amount of teeth!
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:14 pm

And you thought you were ugly...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/1204081tatman1.html
My List @ AniDB

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:58 pm

^
Damn, that's a shitload of tattoos just on the areas above his shoulders. That's probably pretty stupid since something like that would make you more identifiable if you committed a crime. Only takes one peek at the guy's face to know what he looks like.

Also, apparently Barbie has killed her rivals slutz . . . er . . . I mean, Bratz in court: http://money.canoe.ca/News/Other/2008/12/03/7624326-ap.html
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”