For all Fan Video Creators

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

For all Fan Video Creators

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:33 am

I was having some thought on this today whilst driving and tonight watching some of the fan eva creations such as Zuggies "why did you shave it off" and Chaz's NME. With other projects all similar and fan made (ReDeath) would any of you object to a compiled DVD of all these fan works. This would give us all a combined opportunity to get out in the world and off the net and make all our creations available all together. Obviously non-profit but a chance to share our works around at anime conventions ect. Let me know your thoughts.

This is only a sugestion and what realy sparked it was some of the trailers I have recieved of other works for the retake project dvd.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:29 am

I seem to remember when that fan-made "Instrumentality Extras" DVD (or whatever it was called) was being put together the ReDeath creators wouldn't consent to their work being included. They probably wouldn't consent to this either unless they had a direct hand in it.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:44 am

Um, that was by forum member BrikHaus and had nothing to do with Redeath.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:47 am

I'm pretty sure he mentioned on the project blog that he wanting to put ReDeath on the DVD along with everything else but Sokodei said no. I might be wrong, of course.

EDIT: After looking over the old thread it looks like he didn't try asking them since Sokodei doesn't want it distributed online at all.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Non-profit?

I wouldn't object to making a contribution.

Putting things on the net however-
seems to have become the best way
to "get out in the world" lately...
whatever.

All in good fun, share the love.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:11 pm

I personally like DVDs and CDs more than files. Makes me feel more 'Hey, I've got something awesome in my hands'
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:14 am

ThroneofDravaris wrote:I seem to remember when that fan-made "Instrumentality Extras" DVD (or whatever it was called) was being put together the ReDeath creators wouldn't consent to their work being included. They probably wouldn't consent to this either unless they had a direct hand in it.

Sounds like the email I got from them about retake went along the lines of stop stealing our ideas bla bla bla.
webpage

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:17 am

ThroneofDravaris wrote:I'm pretty sure he mentioned on the project blog that he wanting to put ReDeath on the DVD along with everything else but Sokodei said no. I might be wrong, of course.

EDIT: After looking over the old thread it looks like he didn't try asking them since Sokodei doesn't want it distributed online at all.

Yes.

It was actually a blessing, because I was able to fit a lot more quality stuff on the disc by omitting ReDeath. Plus, ReDeath is overrated shit anyway, so I'm glad they wouldn't let me include it.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 am

BrikHaus wrote:
ThroneofDravaris wrote:I'm pretty sure he mentioned on the project blog that he wanting to put ReDeath on the DVD along with everything else but Sokodei said no. I might be wrong, of course.

Yes.

It was actually a blessing, because I was able to fit a lot more quality stuff on the disc by omitting ReDeath. Plus, ReDeath is overrated shit anyway, so I'm glad they wouldn't let me include it.

1 minute of funny stuff, nine minutes of crap.
I won.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:15 am

I think that is a good idea, depends on what I do with my film....
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 am

Themaninblack wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:

Yes.

1 minute of funny stuff, nine minutes of crap.

I would like to see this video is it still up? (not redeath I agree and big balls crossing pokemon with eva... thats like giving bill gates a mac).
webpage

Return to “Fan Works”