Bad Boy: A free-for-all fanfic

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Bad Boy: A free-for-all fanfic

•      
  •      

Postby pat457 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:55 am

As the name implies, this is a 'free-for-all'; more specifically, anyone can join and post a continuation of the storyline, provided they stick with the following guidelines:

1.) This fic is based on the premise of Shinji Ikari being a bad boy, i.e. evil incarnate. By now the only other character whose trait I've decided in is Gendo (who is an absentee parent, yet is a kind man and a loving father); other volunteer posters could decide on the traits of a particular character in the EVA series when necessary.

2.) This fic will mostly stick with the original series (and the EoE), with obviously some modifications; other, non-canonical events are allowed provided that they do not botch or derail the original storyline.

3.) Feel free to post as long as you want.

Without further ado:

CHAPTER UNO: ANGEL ATTACK

Tokyo-3 (former Hakone), Japan, in the year 2015.

As the daytime sun looms on the blue sky, bathing the city of Tokyo-3 in its (now year-round) summer heat, the 14 year-old Shinji Ikari is 'sitting' (more properly squatting) in some street corner puffing a cigarette. If a person ever saw Shinji, they would not think much about him; to them, he would be just another young boy. One would not think that beneath this 'normal young boy' lurks a monster: hideous, terrible and evil, almost like the Devil himself, or perhaps more than.

"It seems I've run out," Shinji muttered, looking at the now-empty cigarette box. He remembered the time when he 'bought' that cigarette from a convenient store; it took quite a lot of stealth to do that, he thought to himself, chuckling. He then stood up, and picking a handful of yen from his pocket, went to buy another box from a vending machine.

Tokyo-3, despite being a large city, is by now totally silent. No people, no cars, no anything can be seen on the streets. Even the street Shinji was in was as 'quiet as a church mouse,' as some would put it. Suddenly a loud noise of beating and glass breaking momentarily broke this silence.

"DAMN THIS F***ING VENDING MACHINE!!!!" Shinji bellowed as he repeatedly beat the helpless vending machine with an iron bar, breaking the glass and denting the metal. He finally gave up and resentfully thought, "To hell with these vending machines and Infrared identity verification stuff...I'll show them one of these days..."

Shinji, now tired, gave up, and raising his middle finger on the vending machine, started to walk downtown as a man announced, "a special state of emergency has been declared for the Kanto and Chubu regions." He was in this town because he's got to meet a woman. As to why a woman would want to meet him, he had no clear idea, yet as any red-blooded male would in this type of situation, this drove his hormones raging.
Shinji then pulled a picture of a woman wearing a really skimpy outfit out of his pocket. "This is f***ing dumb...I shouldn't have come here! Shinji again thought to himself. "What type of man would not refuse if a woman said they would be meeting with them? Oh well, I guess we won't be meeting here after all. But dammit, this woman's got really good boobies. Oh, the things I could do with this..."

Shinji stood still at the sidewalk for some time, staring at the picture and fantasizing many things which I would not dare even type here. He no longer thought much about the concept of 'time' anymore; he no longer cares if days or years passed; he no longer cares if a giant monstrous creature comes and wreak havoc in the city. As long as he saw a woman's breasts, Shinji would go to his heaven, and all would be right with the world.

...At least, that what he thinks of it.

Right, Bob Dole's turn...I mean, the next volunteer's.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 am

I refuse to add on. Present tense fanfics make me throw up my skeletal structure.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:57 am

BastardKing wrote:Present tense fanfics

Who said you had to continue writing in present tense though? Personally, I write in that past tense narration style.

Anyway, I might add onto this at some point. It sounds amusing but I have some projects I want to finish...or at least get up to a certain point with.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:49 pm

Here's a challenge if you don't like present tense. Try writing in future tense. :devil:
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Future tense first person.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:32 pm

You have beaten me, sir! :pwnd:
[/opinion]

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:16 pm

I'm all on board for writing the part from when they arrive at Nerv to just after the first battle. I've got some pretty good rewritings turning around in my head, so all I need is someone to get me to that part.
Gamer_2k4

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby pat457 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:42 pm

The Bastard King wrote:Future tense first person.

Are you sure it's not future tense, second person PLURAL? :grin:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:48 pm

@_@ is all I can say.

Anyway, I might add something at some point if inspiration decides to give me a delayed bite in the ass.

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby pat457 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:@_@ is all I can say.

Anyway, I might add something at some point if inspiration decides to give me a delayed bite in the ass.

Alright then. Feel free to do so. :)
"God forbid that I actually make any logical sense whatsoever!"
- Me from around three years ago. Thank God I still don't.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:45 pm

I am going to blow up NERV, I will think. And it will be fun, I will continue to think. I will climb in the Evangelion, and when it gets attacked by the harpies I will pull loose from their grip and descend on NERV like the fist of a mighty god. I will rip my good-for-nothing father's head off and will steer Rei into choosing a Third Impact that fits the path I want, I will think evilly as I walk down the sidewalk that will be wetted by rain.

Alright, I wrote a part in first-person future tense. Where's my money?
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:47 pm

Have a Rei instead: :rei_hissyfit:

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:48 pm

That works too.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Re: Bad Boy: A free-for-all fanfic

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:05 pm

CHAPTER UNO: ANGEL ATTACK (Future Tense Second Person Plural Edition)

Tokyo-3 (former Hakone), Japan, in the year 2015.

As the daytime sun looms on the blue sky, bathing the city of Tokyo-3 in its (now year-round) summer heat, all of you 14 year-old Shinji Ikaris will be 'sitting' (more properly squatting) in some street corner puffing a cigarette. If a person sees you all, they will not think much about you; to them, you will be just some young boys (or girls). One will not think that beneath these 'normal young children' lurks monsters: hideous, terrible and evil, almost like the Devil himself, or perhaps more than.

"It seems we will run out," you all will mutter, when you look at the soon-to-be-empty cigarette box. All of you will remember the time when you 'will have bought' that cigarette from a convenient store; it will take quite a lot of stealth to do that, all of you will think to yourselves, chuckling. All of you will then collectively stand up, and picking a handful of yen from your pockets, will go to buy another box from a vending machine.

Tokyo-3, despite being a large city, will be totally silent by now. No people, no cars, no anything will be seen on the streets. Even the street you all are on will be as 'quiet as a church mouse,' as some will put it. Suddenly a loud noise of beating and glass breaking will momentarily brake this silence.

"WE WILL DAMN THIS F***ING VENDING MACHINE!!!!" you all will bellow as you repeatedly beat the helpless vending machine with an iron bar, breaking the glass and denting the metal. You all will finally give up and resentfully think, "To hell with these vending machines and Infrared identity verification stuff...we'll show them one of these days..."

All of you, soon to be tired, will gave up, and raise your middle fingers on the vending machine, and start to walk downtown as a man will announce, "a special state of emergency will be declared for the Kanto and Chubu regions." You all will be in this town because you will meet a woman. As to why a woman will want to meet all of you, you will have no clear idea, yet as any red-blooded (fe)males will in this type of situation, this will drive your collective hormones raging.
All you Shinjis will then pull a picture of a woman wearing a really skimpy outfit out of your pockets. "This will be f***ing dumb...I shouldn't have to eventually come here! You each will again think to yourselves. "What type of (she)men would not refuse if a woman said they would be meeting with them? Oh well, we guess we won't be meeting here after all. But dammit, this woman will have really good boobies. Oh, the things we will do with this..."

You all will stand still at the sidewalk for some time, staring at the picture and fantasizing many things which we would not dare even type here. All you shinjis will no longer think much about the concept of 'time' anymore; you will no longer care if days or years passed; you will no longer care if a giant monstrous creature will come and wreak havoc in the city. As long as you will see a woman's breasts, all of you Shinjis will go to your collective heavens, and all will be right with the world.

...At least, that what you all will think of it.

No, I win. Or rather, you will lose.
Last edited by The Bastard King on Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:25 pm

I don't know what really sets the standard for :jawdrop: today, this, or that pokemon mindfuck fanwank theory. @_@
[/opinion]

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Have a Rei instead: :rei_hissyfit:

Can't! It's trying to fly away! Here I come with the tranquilizer darts...

(FIRES)

Damn, no effect. Another one.

(FIRES AGAIN)

Ah, there we go! She's calmed down now. You may collect your prize, Cpl Chaos. :leekspin:
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Bad Boy: A free-for-all fanfic

•      
  •      

Postby pat457 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:38 pm

CorporalChaos wrote:(snip)

Alright, I wrote a part in first-person future tense. Where's my money?

The Bastard King wrote:CHAPTER UNO: ANGEL ATTACK (Future Tense Second Person PluralEdition)

(snip)

No, I win. Or rather, you will lose.

...Ye is gods, both of you. :w00t:

EDIT: Just wanted to clarify something. It doesn't matter how long your continuation will be; even just a paragraph or less is fine.

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby pat457 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:16 am

Now for something to bump this up:

(Note that I will write this in present tense third person. If anyone has complaints, I suggest that they read this in their minds in future tense second person plural, or whatever they see fit).

Shinji stood perfectly still, still holding the picture and exploring the breadth and depth of his fantasy world.

Shinji's mind (or rather, the very small part of it which is still active) wondered: Was he standing there for only a few minutes? Or have years, no, centuries passed in the outside world? The small part of Shinji's mind answered its own question: I don't eff-ing know, and preferably would not like to know, especially if the latter held true.

Rather, Shinji wanted to stay forever into the bliss that is 'Shinji-world', where the skies are permanently sunny and the land flows out milk and honey while girls with hairs of different colors flock to him and do his every bidding. Literally every bidding.

Suddenly, a gigantic creature, all black save for its whitish 'face' (is it a mask?), ribs and 'shoulders', with a red orb on its chest roused Shinji out from his dream as it violently hurled an aircraft to the ground, missing Shinji by only a few feet.

"What the #%$)%'$&%''#&'%$&(*"+`{!!!!!!" shouted Shinji, more angry at the giant for snapping him out of his nirvana than its terminating the life of a fellow human.

Now continue.

Return to “Fanfiction”