The Evangelion Sestina: A Challenge to the Forum Folk

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

The Evangelion Sestina: A Challenge to the Forum Folk

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm not very poetically inclined, but I thought this would be a fun challenge. I'd really like to see someone write an Eva Sestina. For those who don't know what a sestina is, see HERE. Basically a poem of 6 verses of 6 lines each where the last words of each line have to be used as the last word in every line but in different orders and forms. the poem ends with a tercet that uses all 6 words in 3 lines.

The rigorous formality of the sestina kinda dictates that it needs to be in free verse (no poetic meter). While that's not always the case, I'll just say that don't feel pressured to put it to meter.

Some starting ideas I had, for example, was using Lilith, Rei, and Shogouki (and/or maybe Yui) as swappable "end words", as well as Shinji, Gendo, and Yui (all in the family).

Anyway, I don't think anyone will actually manage to write one. They're really difficult and I hesitate to even attempt it.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Return to “Fan Works”