(Second) Evas vs. Angels Design Contest! (Afterthoughts)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:20 am

Man, if only I'd been lurking two months back I would have noticed this thing! :toothy:

Ah, well, the price you pay to get your shit together...

So Chowwow, need an extra judge or anything? Or should I wait for the character contest round two? (assuming that'll happen?)
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:58 pm

Formless One wrote:Man, if only I'd been lurking two months back I would have noticed this thing! :toothy:

Ah, well, the price you pay to get your shit together...

So Chowwow, need an extra judge or anything? Or should I wait for the character contest round two? (assuming that'll happen?)

I could always use more participants: the more Judges, the more Democratic this is.

As of July 29, 5:54 pM EST:

Designers:
    Sachi_13
    chazthesilencer
    PuppetChaos (withdrawn)
    Heinkel
    AyrYntake
    Axell
    devil_eAter
    Duskbyday
    evilhead008
    pat457

Judges:
    Legendary
    NemZ
    UrsusArctos
    Omegagouki
    Formless One

Since we now have an odd number of volunteer Judges, we won't be needing me to cast a vote for Judgment. Note that meetings will still take place as planned and I will moderate.

In other updates, Avatar has sent me more advanced versions of his Awards and I say they look REALLY well done. I am envious of his editing technology and his talent!

Just a few weeks left, I hope everyone has been busy!

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:45 pm

I suppose I'm at a serious disadvantage here, as everyone else has had months to work on this and I have just joined in.

So would you mind if I joined the ranks of the Designers?
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:I suppose I'm at a serious disadvantage here, as everyone else has had months to work on this and I have just joined in.

So would you mind if I joined the ranks of the Designers?

No problem at all! Welcome!

As of July 29, 11:42 PM EST:

Designers:
    Sachi_13
    chazthesilencer
    PuppetChaos (withdrawn)
    Heinkel
    AyrYntake
    Axell
    devil_eAter
    Duskbyday
    evilhead008
    pat457
    Vegeta 20XX

Judges:
    Legendary
    NemZ
    UrsusArctos
    Omegagouki
    Formless One

And remember guys, you can request relative dates for when you want to Present!

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:17 am

Ok then, we are at the end of the third month of our Contest. I would just like to check again on the status of everyone's Angels. Those of us who have been here since the start should be pretty far and just about done, I'm estimating.

Now would be a good time to request a time period to Present. As it stands, the Presentation schedule should go from the earliest Registrants to the latest, due to differences in the amount of time each Designer had.

Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Avatar of Dreams » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:42 pm

You flatter me Chowwow ^_^

As for my "technology", it is merely Photoshop CS3, and a pirated copy no less (shhh don't tell anyone).

Good luck to all designers! I look forward to seeing all of your designs.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:07 am

I wish all contestants good luck! Let's see some epic badassery dudes!
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:49 am

Unfortunately, it looks like Sachi_13 is going to withdraw from the ADC. Something having to do with "real life" or something...

As of August 1st, 1:47 PM EST:

Designers:
    Sachi_13 (withdrawn)
    chazthesilencer
    PuppetChaos (withdrawn)
    Heinkel
    AyrYntake
    Axell
    devil_eAter
    Duskbyday
    evilhead008
    pat457
    Vegeta 20XX

Judges:
    Legendary
    NemZ
    UrsusArctos
    Omegagouki
    Formless One

In other news, chaz looks like to be the first out of the gate. Get primed for his debut soon!

As for Avatar, I'd like for you to give me an update for the Medals. Time's approaching!

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:51 am

Hmm, I really want to start up a rudimentary schedule now, but I'm in the dark about the statuses of many of our Designers. I haven't heard from Heinkel in ages, some people still need some time, and I have no clue what some of you guys are doing.

If any Designer hasn't updated me yet, please do so. I should have a rough schedule by Monday. Speak up before you get a bad slot!

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:26 am

Ok, I now have a tentative schedule for you all:

Schedule for 2nd ADC:

Aug. 15: chazthesilencer
    Aug. 16: evilhead008
    Aug. 17: Duskbyday
    Aug. 18: AyrYntake
    Aug. 19: Axell
    Aug. 20: Vegeta 20XX
    Aug. 21: devil_eAter
    Aug. 22: pat457
    Aug. 23: Heinkel

Heinkel is being put last because I seem to have lost contact with him. I hope we hear from him soon.

Revise this at your pleasure. Let me know if you dispute this, and I'll see what I can do.

Off to the future!

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:42 am

I've finished typing up all of my stuff, Just waiting on the artwork for my friend, so the 19th is fine

Duskbyday
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Duskbyday » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:05 pm

Cnt wait! Still got to push harder to finish this!!!!
(Your sig is kinda long. Maybe you could shorten it?)
"Mountain. Heavy are the mountains, something that changes through the ages. Sky. Blue sky. Something visible, something invisible. Sun. Something unique. Water. Something agreeable. Commander Ikari. Flowers. Many of them alike, many of them useless. Sky. Red, red sky. Red color. Red color that I hate. Water flow. Blood. The smell of blood. A woman that does not bleed. Made from the red soil are humans. Made by Man and Woman are humans. Town. Something that humans made. Eva. Something that humans made. Humans are what? Something that God made. Humans are things which humans made. The things I possess are my life and mind. The vessel of a mind. Entry plug, the throne of a soul.

Who is this? This is me. Who am I? What am I? What am I? What am I? What am I?

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:18 am

LAST DAY FOR REGISTRATIONS

Well, it's been three and a half months, and now it has come to this. Thought this only means that the ADC is closed after today. If you had to join now, you might be out of luck anyway.

Starting tomorrow, we should start seeing Presentations from all of our Designers. Good luck to all!

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:44 pm

ADC Presentations

After more than three long months, we can finally see the fruits of our Designer's labors. The one with the honor of opening our Presentations week is none other than chazthesilencer. On with the show!

August 15
Image chazthesilencer

chazthesilencer wrote:Name and Title:
Ensuivanel; Angel of meadows. (Fig01)

Size Measurements:
Big x Big x Big (Fig03)

Class Ranking:
C Class.

Type:
Close combat, ground attacker.

References:
Slug; Squishface; Poyomon and…it just popped in there. (Fig02)

Flavour:
Pineapple.

Physical Description:

Exterior:
Mostly squashed-dome in shape; back-most flesh trails main bulk in transit, stretching the body to a slug-like form. (Fig03)
Three slits, resembling eyes pattern the outer flesh. (Purely decoration, we don’t want a Poyomon clone, do we?)

Interior:
Dense flesh, housing a brittle core. (Fig04)

Notes:
Majority of the subject’s body mass consists of an expandable, rubber-like flesh; acting as transportation and protection for the core.
This flesh material is soft and easily deformed; able to morph into various shapes- depending on the environment and the threats within.
Core is located at the centre of the body mass; however, its position never remains stationary. (Fig04)

AT Field performance:
Medium strength (see Sachiel).
Short range; field is unable to expand beyond 2 meters from the subject’s cells.
The subject relies on it’s AT field to maintain the integrity of its gargantuan body; utilising it in both defensive and offensive applications. (See Offences)

Armour:
Subject is unprotected; however, it’s enormous body mass serves to absorb all shocks and lacerations, keeping the core safe.

Regenerative abilities:
The subject’s cells require very little time to regenerate (see Israfel (manga incarnation, pre-N2 bombing))

Durability:
Conventional weaponry – remains ineffective against the subject.
N^2 bombs- estimate 20% of the subject’s body to disintegrate with blast, but quickly regenerate.
Progressive knife/Pallet rifle rounds – effective at piercing and lacerating flesh, but again, cells will quickly regenerate.

Offences:
Subject is able to ingest any object(s) smaller than itself.
Ingested matter is digested by enzymes and acids secreted within the body.

Its shape-shifting ability allows the subject to sprout limbs, which stretch beyond the reach of the bulk of the body. These limbs can be used to deliver fearsome, club-like blows, with a strength bolstered by the subject’s AT Field. (Fig05)

The range of these limbs are limited however, the further they stretch beyond the main bulk of the body, the more strain is put on the AT Field. Estimate an average reach of 300 meters.
(Tentacle gags aside, these limbs can take any form eg. The shape of a giant hammer, or even the form of Michelangelo’s David)

Overview:

Weaknesses:
Slow moving in transit; estimated top speed of 20km/h
Main body provides a large target.
Shape-shifting requires a drain on the subject’s AT Field; sprouting too many limbs will see the integrity of the body collapse- leaving the core unprotected. (Fig06)

Strengths:
The core is small and difficult to target due to its constant movement within the body.
Able to engulf and digest attackers, including Evangelions.
Capable of sprouting long-reaching, tentacle-like limbs; which deliver damaging strikes.

Miscellaneous:
The subject’s soft body and shape-shifting ability allows it to squeeze through practically any opening. (The core remains inflexible however, so the body can squeeze through no opening smaller than the core) (Fig07)

Due to the subject’s soft body- coupled with its large surface area- flat fields and land expanses in the subject’s travelling path will remain largely undamaged.

Combat skills and strategies:
Upon detecting danger, the subject will attempt to ingest the threat.
To do so, it sprouts limbs to attack and render the threat immobile (Fig05), whereupon it can absorb the aggressor with little struggle.

Out of instinct- multiple, surrounding threats will be dealt with by numerous sprouted limbs. (Fig06)

Extras:
Sentience- Subject is dumb as a slug.

How can it invade Nerv HQ? – Digging, making use of its shape-shifting ability to sprout shovel-like limbs…it’ll take a while…but it has the time.

Name of Designer: Calvin Klein

Name of Angel Designer: God … aka Chazthesilencer :]

Comic. Warning: contains memes

And the show goes on!
Last edited by Chowwow on Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:57 am

Most lulzy. (not lookin btw)
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:22 am

Am I allowed to say my opinions, or am I forced to remain silent because of my Judge-y-ness?

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:26 am

Legendary wrote:Am I allowed to say my opinions, or am I forced to remain silent because of my Judge-y-ness?

You can give your opinions (in fact, I think Designers live for them), but don't give out anything that may relate to how you will vote during Judgment.

Legendary
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Legendary » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:45 am

Wonderful.

I enjoy many of this individual's powers, and find that on the whole they mesh together well rather than seeming like a hodgepodge of abilities. It is disappointing to me that the Angel doesn't seem intelligent enough to use its shapeshifting to the best of its ability (CHAINSAWS. THIS GUY COULD HAVE CHAINSAWS.), but I suppose that's why he's C Class and not "Holy shit did that thing just eat Eva-01 and rip apart GNR" Class.

The movement of the Core is by far my favorite thing, as this makes it harder to defeat. The Evas shoot at one point in unison? Move the Core out of the line of fire.

I must admit though, I'm curious as to how much it can sense. Does it have any sensory capabilities besides smell and touch, or is it being a giant amoeba get in the way of that?

Still, I feel that this is a good entry, and that you have produced a great start. I can't say if I'll vote for it (not just because chowwow won't let me, but because no one else's angels are up yet and it's just not fair to them to make up my mind now), but I can say that you've created something that was worth reading.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:04 am

Those eye markings make it look like it's demanding a hug from someone. ^_^

Jokes aside, there's a simplicity and functionality to the design that I like. It's a plain, no-frills design, but there's something about it that I just can't ignore, and I don't mean the cuteness. I figure it'd actually make a decent replacement for Leliel from Episode 16.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:08 am

Chowwow wrote:You can give your opinions (in fact, I think Designers live for them).

You think correctly.

That link to the comic isn't easy to see;
so here's an extra, for safety.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Return to “Fan Works”