Questions on Lilith (Motivation, Mind, Soul)

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:14 am

AuraTwilight wrote:Angels don't Tang.

Okay, so is there a theory floating around here somewhere that does account for the the water at the south pole being red, or is this just one of those "because it is" sorts of situations?

What actually happened ultimately followed no one's scenario, but all that's really needed is Lance + Adam + Lilith, with possibilities for substitutes.

Which then could have quite possibly have been fulfilled in ep22 as Misato feared, yes? We've got both a clone and an offspring of Adam nearby, both the body and soul (in two or more parts), and the lance all in the same place involved in this little adventure. Yet it didn't happen, so obviously there is something else at play.

http://evageeks.org/FGP/Particle-wave_matter

That's interesting, but ultimately tells me nothing. It might as well say (insert technical words in a random order here).

The Angels aren't omniscient. They might've sensed Lilith and mistook it for their Mother, or the same with the EVA Units.

..or we just don't know exactly what the hell they're really up to since nobody ever takes the time to ask in any of the many chances they have for such contact.

To cut the fat for NemZ, "During EoE, Adam, Lilith, and Yui are essentially omnipotent as the plot demands."

True as that seems to be, it's hardly a satisfying answer. In fact many of the answers that seem to be offered boil down to "because that's what happened, so deal with it." Excuse me if I continue to look for something a bit more concrete, because the only other option is to be left disappointed by the hand-waving thus employed.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:44 am

NemZ wrote:Okay, so is there a theory floating around here somewhere that does account for the the water at the south pole being red, or is this just one of those "because it is" sorts of situations?

You mean the one from 2003-2004-ish about the AATF in antarctica releasing the souls of the Katsuragi expedition, and their souls cause the water to look red (like in EoE)? I haven't been reading all the posts in this thread so I'm not even sure I understand the context completely. It's a big mess to assume that Adam and the Adam derived organisms are made of LCL, it's also strange that we see something that looks like LCL in the Sea of Dirac, trying to tie up all the loose ends caused by already existing internal inconsistencies in either case is more time than I'm willing to spend discussing it. (LCL is orange, not red, sometimes)

True as that seems to be, it's hardly a satisfying answer. In fact many of the answers that seem to be offered boil down to "because that's what happened, so deal with it." Excuse me if I continue to look for something a bit more concrete, because the only other option is to be left disappointed by the hand-waving thus employed.

Or make stuff up and contrive an interpretation to explain away some of the already given consistencies of the show. Unfortunately, that's the only option there is when there is no explanation given about how some things work aside from "it just works", so you're left with making up your own and trying to make that fit. Is that kind of an answer any better? Maybe for you it is. There's nothing wrong in discussing it as long as it doesn't get out of hand or wildly off topic. Some people have been discussing these same issues for years, and are either done with it because the most consistent answer for them *is* "because it is" or they'll stick with the select theories and interpretations that most people agree with.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Yeah, the most workable explanation (that I've seen) for the vaguely reddish-looking water at the South Pole is due to the souls of the Katsuragi Expedition, and every other organism for that matter, being released by Adam's AATF. Worth noting that the water's color doesn't bare any real resemblance to LCL's.

NOTA BENE:
I locked the thread because I originally placed a warning of sorts prior to Aura's last post. It was ignored; I bumped it with an addendum; it was ignored again. See also here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”