Instructions for saving your soul from bootlegs

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Instructions for saving your soul from bootlegs

Postby bp32 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:48 pm

Just saw this: [link to bootleg purchase removed]

It is region free with the wrong title (plus the low, low price), so I am assuming this is a straight up bootleg--but god am I dying to get my hands on something with English subs at this point...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: First Bootleg?

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:00 pm

bp32 wrote:something with English subs at this point...

Learn to torrent, young padawan. At least that way you don't give money to the undeserving (nor to the deserving, yet -- but that can come later with the official release). There's been fansubbed DVD rips around for about 6 weeks now.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:15 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
bp32 wrote:something with English subs at this point...

Learn to torrent, young padawan. At least that way you don't give money to the undeserving (nor to the deserving, yet -- but that can come later with the official release). There's been fansubbed DVD rips around for about 6 weeks now.

Yes, but alas I am not that swift when it comes to torrenting. When I've looked I've seen the movie but then a sub file that somehow has to be merged with the other one...I don't have a clue.

Can't seem to find one where everything is already put together. Not that I am all that sure where to look...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

iamsynch
Embryo

Postby iamsynch » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:37 pm

bp32 wrote:Can't seem to find one where everything is already put together. Not that I am all that sure where to look...

vlc--> file>open file->load subtitles

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

Postby slothen » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:10 pm

im fairly sure there's a version out there that doesn't require a separate subtitles file.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:15 pm

Wow. Old member is old. O_o

but yeah. Torrenting or just downloading the movie via Realplayer from Crunchyroll (a "download this" tab appears on Youtube and Crunchyroll....for me at least. no idea why though) is the best way to have the film until an official Region-1 release is out.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:53 pm

You know, I used some of the subs and vids floating around to create an avi video file with subs burned in. You can't remove them, but someone like me probably wouldn't want them removed. I have no idea how to post files online though, if you're really, really desperate I could try to figure out how to post it on bittorrent. It's a 700mb file and I don't have the authority at my home to leave the computer on all night for other people to receive a file that large.

On a side note, the format is great for converting into iPod friendly formats. Great for portable Eva! It really complements the entire show that's also on my iPod. I really need to get EoE on there too.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dartz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:54 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Wow. Old member is old. O_o

but yeah. Torrenting or just downloading the movie via Realplayer from Crunchyroll (a "download this" tab appears on Youtube and Crunchyroll....for me at least. no idea why though) is the best way to have the film until an official Region-1 release is out.

Realplayer.... You know that thing is basically just adware?

Anyway, there are full DvD rip's out there, with subs,. I know because I have one. There's a thread over at Evamade that you may find relavant to your interests....

But you'll have to dig it up yourself.... It's somewhere,.,, maybe in the NGE section.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:24 am

I've PM'd bp32 with details of the usual site to look at to find the Nyoro~n or NF hardsubs.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 am

Everyone,

Thanks for your help on this!!!

I am in the process of DL a subbed version, so hopefully this will tide me over until an official release. If this doesn't work I'll be back :)

Thanks again!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:40 am

Is it okay if I lock this now?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby bp32 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:58 am

Certainly fine by me--thanks again to everyone for your help.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”