The Wall vs. Evangelion...a little project I have in mind

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:EDIT: I'm assuming The Wall = AT Fields? (While watching the film, that's the connection I was personally making...)

Another idea just struck me: Symbolically, the wall is the AT field but visually, it'll look like a long string of SEELE monoliths, each made up of hexagonal "bricks" (hexagons are very important in EVA) with red outlines. The outlines fade when the wall is complete, but when the wall is torn down, it shatters and bleeds. Heavily.

Here, an image for you:

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/thewallvsevangelionagri.jpg/]Image[/URL]
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:20 pm

I've been searching for images of Tokyo streets to use as effects-plates for "In the Flesh" (the idea is, wherever there's a video screen, that still is superimposed with video footage) and I came across a building called Tokyo Big Sight.

It's big, impressive, and really looks like a palace in someone's fascist delusion--in fact, I can already see it adorned with the crossed-hammer banners. Will see what I can do with that.
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:56 am

Sweet idea, its funny cuz LK(abridger guy) said he wanted to do the same on his twitter a while back. Eva nerds often think a-like.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:17 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:Sweet idea, its funny cuz LK(abridger guy) said he wanted to do the same on his twitter a while back. Eva nerds often think a-like.

What, a Wall project? Must get in touch with him. Perhaps he can add to the equation. It just so happens that mine goes a step further than his or probably anyone else's ideas.

OK, self-aggrandizing over, let's get on with it. I have a lot of fresh, brand-new ideas.

Misato'S APARTMENT

For the Apartment set, I've decided to forgo any attempts at screen accuracy for the sake of the story (and for my wallet---ha-ha). The idea here is, both Misato and Shinji are otaku in their own way. So, the living room in the apartment has the huge bookshelves with manga, anime, My Little Ponies, Happy Meal Furbies (mine, actually), and...um...empty beer bottles?

She hasn't been home for the past few days, so Shinji's kind of made a bit of a mess of the place...there's a half-eaten bento box here, a half-spilled bag of Roppongi crisps there, a box containing Shinji's collection (which features notable classics like Two Witches, One Cauldron, Nyssa Does Necros, and a few issues of Busty Comatose Redheads), and other ephemera. (Keyword here is "a bit": Shinji at least makes an attempt at presentability.)

Everywhere you look there's a sense of despair amid the ticky-tacky look of the apartment (seriously, it resembles the old "Barbie's Dream House" playset from the 60s). Shinji's...unusual...preferences only add to his anger and self-loathing, which is why he smashes the place to bits instead of giving Asuka what she (thinks she) wants.

Mind, the Apartment looks like it's going to be built as a partial set in real life, as there's really not a lot of stuff in the original anime for "One of My Turns".

naxa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby naxa » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:46 am

View Original PostSharaz Destler wrote:[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=169&i=pfproject01fy5.jpg]Image[/URL]

All in all, all's right with the world

btw, I was thinking on something like this for ages. Bring it on! ;)
Hey

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:08 am

Thanks for your support! Must get around to finishing the fifth and hopefully final draft of the book, then find a few very talented AMVers.

Seef Kröy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Seef Kröy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:40 pm

I stumbled upon this thread looking for some simple comparisons between NGE and The Wall, and was completely blown away by the sheer scope of the undertaking which is described in the thread. Reading through most of the thread, I would have expected the project to have died by now but the perserverence of those involved has also piqued my own interest. I have few applicable skills beyond rudimentary image and video editing and knowing how the play the bassline from Money, but I'd offer my support for this endeavor. Here's yet another Crossed Hammers logo for NERV, that I've whipped up as a show of my support.

TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 am

Awesome, but I like what I've got right now. :asuka_happy:

Also, the "NERV" arrangement brings back awkward memories of the series FLAG. I've never seen it, but I have seen DVDs of it in the stores...some idiot always manages to cover up the L in the series name, leaving behind...something else. :shinji_boohoo:

Still, though, glad to hear someone else likes it. I should start up a Facebook page for it.

BTW, this thing almost was dead for a long time. Real life got in the way of doing anything, as well as my own AT Field. Rebuild 2.22 kind of jolted me out of it...I also wanted to see what the Rebuild series has to offer, and it's shaping up to be much less Wall-like.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:56 am

NEW LINK!

www.wilsonrental.com

This site leads to Wilson Rental, from which I may procure the staging.

NEW INFO ON THE APARTMENT SET:

I think I've got the gist of the Apartment set. What I need to do is build it on an angle so that I can have cameras at the veranda/balcony/lanai when the glass gets smashed. The setup for it is, three high-angle cameras and three mid/low-angle cameras. This way I can cut it all up and stick it back together with different angles.

Now to find a decent recipe for sugar-glass, and large enough ovens to make it in.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Here, will you look what I found:

http://virtualset.com/

They offer chromakey work at very affordable prices. MUST look into this one.

Henry Spencer
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:02 pm

If I happen to get adequate video-making software, I'd love to contribute to this.

There was a pretty amazing AMV for "Another Brick In The Wall, Part III" on Youtube, but apparently their Copyright Nazgûl took it down. It might be on one of the main AMV hosting sites, though.
In Heaven everything is fine.
2% of people on internet forums are impressionable n

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:22 pm

A little while ago, I mentioned trying to find the work of a Japanese photographer.

I do believe I've just found his name: Ryoji Akiyama.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:17 pm

Anything ever come of this?
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:54 am

From what I can tell, it was too much and life caught up, or it must have simply gone to the trash. Funny you should re-surface this though, as Roger Waters just premiered the documentary of his own Wall Tour in Toronto this week.
"That's no way to treat an expensive musical instrument!" -Jim Steinman
"When I was growing up, there were two things that were unpopular in my house. One was me, and the other was my guitar." -Bruce Springsteen
"Alcohol is humanity's friend... Can I abandon a friend?" -Yang Wen-li
"...See you on the Dark Side Of The Moon~"

Return to “Fan Works”