Do You Want to Become One With Me?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Yeah, because it's obvious he didn't know what he wanted but he knew what he was after which he felt would provide him with what he wanted.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:11 pm

He figured it out in the end, it just took him awhile to get there. Funny enough, Shinji was right about Rei. She made a great mother getting him to that point. Too bad he was so dense it took 3I to do it.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Yojimbo wrote:And keeping in the tradition of half-truths we can't take they said in P3II at face value.

Though apparently part of what's going on in that scene is both are saying half-truths since they knew what the other was thinking due to pre-Instrumentality.

AEF wrote:Funny enough, Shinji was right about Rei. She made a great mother getting him to that point.

Agreed.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

bioweapon680
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby bioweapon680 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:44 pm

Evangelion217 wrote:
Should Shinji stay in the Eva and become one with his mother

Now I'm starting to doubt the posibility of a live action "Eva" film. Because the average viewer would look at that, and only see "incest." :headbash:

Well, the movie will be edited for reasons like this and to make it a little more welcoming to people foreign to EVA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0aQB4rNV_w Read the vid description b4 watching

nonexistent
Embryo

Re: Do You Want to Become One With Me?

•      
  •      

Postby nonexistent » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:57 am

I hope I'm not violating any rules replying to a thread after nearly 12 years.

I was watching EOE the other night and I noticed a few sketches during Shinji's Become One With Me scene during instrumentality:
SPOILER: Show

The implications are clear, but the images themselves: not so much. I searched but couldn't locate any topics related. Any chance the source or raw sketches are still available and floating around?

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”