If Rei was related to you . . .

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

If Rei was related to you . . .

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Sun May 25, 2008 6:40 pm

Another dumb hypothetical question . . .

What would it be like if Rei was a close relative of yours (for example a sister) and you had to be in contact with her every day due to aforementioned circumstance? Would you help her be more social? Would you ignore her? Would you be a dick and take advantage of her obedience :money: ?

Be creative, since this is in no way serious at all.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun May 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Iron Rooster wrote:What would it be like if Rei was a close relative of yours (for example a sister)

It wouldn't be any fun to think about.

I prefer questions like "what if you and Rei got on the same bus each day?" or "what would Rei's reaction be if you gave her a muffin?" would Rei eat the delicious muffin or cherish it, like she does those glasses, because it was an act of kindness and walk around with this stale muffin on her person?

Devil_505
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Devil_505 » Sun May 25, 2008 9:06 pm

Since I have trouble socializing myself, I'd probably keep to myself.

If this was the Angelic Days Rei, however, I'd probably open up to her.
"That old hag is annoying. That old hag is no use anymore."
-Rei Ayanami

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun May 25, 2008 9:14 pm

If I still recognized her I would stand up and sit next to her and ask her where she get the hair dye, and if she knew about Rammstein.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Kurochi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kurochi » Sun May 25, 2008 10:30 pm

Kill myself, probably.

I couldn't handle the emotional stress of trying to help her.

She has too many problems.
Who needs roads when we've got wings?
Who needs wings when we've got minds?
Who needs minds when we've got sins?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 25, 2008 10:36 pm

Kurochi wrote:Kill myself, probably.

You're talking about Shinji, right?
Rei didn't have any problems, she was just quiet.

If I knew Rei in real life, (which I know someone similar) I probably wouldn't be friends right away. But later, I'd could probably learn to like her a lot, and make a fool out of myself asking her out.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun May 25, 2008 10:55 pm

An evangelion character without problems? Somethings not right about that statement.

But yeah Rei had some problems, she just didn't whine about them like everyone else.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sun May 25, 2008 11:08 pm

half the time I would be annoyed, the other half I would be freaked out
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Kurochi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kurochi » Sun May 25, 2008 11:16 pm

Sachi_13 wrote:
Kurochi wrote:Kill myself, probably.

If I knew Rei in real life, (which I know someone similar) I probably wouldn't be friends right away. But later, I'd could probably learn to like her a lot, and make a fool out of myself asking her out.

Rei is worse than Shinji, problem wise, but she doesn't bitch about it. She has to ask herself who am I, why am I here, why am I Gendou's tool. Why do I feel companionship with the angels, and such. It would be hard.
Who needs roads when we've got wings?
Who needs wings when we've got minds?
Who needs minds when we've got sins?

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun May 25, 2008 11:56 pm

I'd take one look at her and flee in terror once I saw her disfigured, bug-eyed, bleach-skinned face and grotesquely overdeveloped body.

What do you mean "anime proportions"?

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Mon May 26, 2008 12:20 am

chee wrote:I'd take one look at her and flee in terror once I saw her disfigured, bug-eyed, bleach-skinned face and grotesquely overdeveloped body.

Die.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon May 26, 2008 12:34 am

You know this got me thinking, you know if you got to live out the dork fantasy where for unknown reasons you and Rei share a bed. You aren't Reis lover, your just a person who happens to share a bed with her for some reason. It would be sexy, but at the same time it would be very awkward if you think about it. I mean you'd like have this uber quiet person sleeping next to you all the time. And then if you touch her boobs on accident you won't know how to react. Should you just say to hell with it and just touch them whenever you want, or would the guilt of touching the boobs of an unresponsive girl be too much for you to handle?

Or what if your like me and sleep in the nude? You wouldn't even need to sleep in the nude though, nude or not there would be potential for accidents. If Rei has a funky dream and roles over and touches you know where in her sleep and then doesn't move anymore leaving her hand there! Do you take her hand off of it, or do you just leave it there and see what happens?That would also be an awkward situation. And she wouldn't understand why it suddenly got all hard either if she woke up and you would need to explain to her why that happens to guys. Or you would lie and tell her it was thermal expansion because she has warm hands even though their ice cold.

And lastly theres the issue that it appears Rei coughs up blood sometimes since she had blood on her pillow. That could cause problems.

People who have dork fantasies about Rei don't think these things through enough.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 am

You know, I think there was a movie or a book with two kids (a boy and girl) on some island by themselves for year. They got there when they were too young to know about the difference between boys and girls. As they got older, no one had taught them about sex, but they eventually started to find out on their own. I think something like the girl saw the boy masturbating or something like that got that started.

Okay, then . . .

When I started the topic, I was actually thinking more in terms of like sister or cousin.

If that was the case, I'd feel bad for her due to her inability to open up to people. Maybe if she had an actual family and not that manipulative ass, Gendo, for a role model then maybe she'd be more normal. I'd try to help her make friends and open up to others. Hell, with the exception of social skills, she's probably the most brilliant of the pilots in any other area. If someone could help her with that, she could be a top government figure, a business woman, or a director for a revolutionary new anime.

Oh yeah, remember, Rei does not dream. So no midnight groping FROM her would probably occur if you shared a bed with her.
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon May 26, 2008 12:56 am

Defectron wrote:Or what if your like me and sleep in the nude? You wouldn't even need to sleep in the nude though, nude or not there would be potential for accidents. If Rei has a funky dream and roles over and touches you know where in her sleep and then doesn't move anymore leaving her hand there! Do you take her hand off of it, or do you just leave it there and see what happens?That would also be an awkward situation. And she wouldn't understand why it suddenly got all hard either if she woke up and you would need to explain to her why that happens to guys. Or you would lie and tell her it was thermal expansion because she has warm hands even though their ice cold.

And lastly theres the issue that it appears Rei coughs up blood sometimes since she had blood on her pillow. That could cause problems.

You act as if she's dumb for being unresponsive. Rei is also uber smart on top of uber quiet.

And I think the blood on her pillow is from her head/eye injuries. And when taking off the bandages.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 26, 2008 1:12 am

Regardless of how I'd know her, I'd try to be friendly to her and help Rei...

But because she's more quiet than Shinji it'd be very hard and painful to get her to open up/help her deal with her problems.

Plus I'd probably be a little scared of her even though I know she's a good person.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon May 26, 2008 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Mon May 26, 2008 1:49 am

Defectron wrote:I mean you'd like have this uber quiet person sleeping next to you all the time.

Depends who you are. In episode #5 Rei bounces all girly-like in front of Gendo and chats with him when he comes to reassure her.

Defectron wrote:or would the guilt of touching the boobs of an unresponsive girl be too much for you to handle?

Rei isn't unresponsive - if you can't see the discomfort in her face when Shinji is on top of her then you're blind - tried to pick up on some of this stuff here: http://evageeks.org/FGP/Rei_Ayanami_%28In-Depth%29#Episodes

Think to when you were depressed and how little you cared, even if it was for a moment, if someone came along and did whatever to you.

Defectron wrote:she wouldn't understand why it suddenly got all hard either

Rei isn't stupid.

Defectron wrote:And lastly theres the issue that it appears Rei coughs up blood sometimes since she had blood on her pillow. That could cause problems.

Had always thought that was from her head injury. Which episode was that in again?

Iron Rooster wrote:Rei does not dream.

This has come up before. Don't remember what was said but what Rei means there is up for debate!

Dancemacabre
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dancemacabre » Mon May 26, 2008 2:34 am

I wouldn't take advantage of Rei, that's for sure, but I would try to get to know her a little before being too affectionate or friendly-Rei just wouldn't understand notions such as that unless she's given time to realise what it is and become a little more used to you. If I were ever in a romantic relationship with Rei (which I fervently wish I were) I wouldn't really be interested in a physical relationship... at least not until much much later.

... does that make me one weird puppy, considering that Rei is drop-dead gorgeous? ;)
A moment of silence for Rei x Shinji forever...

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Mon May 26, 2008 2:45 am

Little sister Rei... I would:

1. Keep an eye out for crazed, stalking, fan-boys
like the (seeming) majority of members on this forum.

2. Ask her questions and not budge until an answer
is given.

3. Challenge her to Bomberman, she might be a
good competitor.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:39 am

I'd kill her...because she's nothing but a clone and doesn't feel pain so I might as well kill her... Or put her in a mental hospital... :)
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Mon May 26, 2008 4:00 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:I'd kill her...because she's nothing but a clone and doesn't feel pain so I might as well kill her... Or put her in a mental hospital... :)

Uhh, no

I don't know what I'd do for her. She's way too tragic character to be "saved". She'd die anyway due to not getting Ritsuko's medicine. Plus because of her state and deep down fear she isn't human, well, it sucks

I'd propably try to make her last days as comfortable as possible

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”