Any word on REBUILD 2.0 yet?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment is scheduled to debut in Japan at some date to be announced.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sceleris
Adam

Postby Sceleris » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:33 am

Lagann wrote:Well the evangelion homepage just put the new poster up. Im started to get excited!

The flash links to this. (Saved and uploaded on Imageshack for... laziness or something.)

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:37 am

Well, the shoulder pylons have always been one of those things in Eva that come and go depending on the shot.

JimmyWolk
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby JimmyWolk » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:18 am

cat42 wrote:
A mysterious and suffering Cyber-Character (saiba-kyara) ((Something about a green device that is on someone’s head))
Mari, the true "Girlfriend of Steel".

There was a 1.0 trailer with "Fly me to the Moon"? I only remember tons of ads with the annoying "Beautiful World" and one with "Angels of Doom"...

Ingraman
Lilith

Postby Ingraman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:41 am

About the pylons...if it is really the old positron gun at least one pylon has been removed. I said that the unit seems the EVA-00 just for the lateral part of the head, and for the color of the arms (this time EVA-02 should have dark arms, as reported in that Newtype image). But it's only a speculation.....and those horns are really big......

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End
The Beginning and the End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:53 am

Wierdness.

"Onna no KAN"- ???
"NEBUCHADNEZZAR no...???" What the heck? From Babylonian Gods to Babylonian kings?

I see what looks like "Tabupa base" and "Betania base".

Evangelion Unit-06 is instead called "Evangelion Mark.06", and while Eva-03 is designated as a production model, Eva-04 is called a "Next Gen Testbed".

Overall, interesting.
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:07 pm

so no crappy cell/cam rip yet?

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:08 pm

It's interesting, but I'm kind of worried. Will it still be Evangelion with all these changes? Oh, wait. It's not really supposed to be Evangelion. "Rebuild."

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Ingraman wrote:About the pylons...if it is really the old positron gun at least one pylon has been removed. I said that the unit seems the EVA-00 just for the lateral part of the head, and for the color of the arms (this time EVA-02 should have dark arms, as reported in that Newtype image). But it's only a speculation.....and those horns are really big......
Indeed, looking at it again, it appears to most likely be Unit 00. The reddish color is probably the result of the crappy camera with which the image was shot.
Chrad wrote:
NAveryW wrote:Even if it does turn out to be inadequate, though, this "new production" doesn't in any way mar the original. There's really nothing to lose by making more.

Except, you know, artistic credibility.
Oh, pshaw. If there's an artistic project you're enthusiastic about making, don't let fear of your reputation stop you from making it.
Last edited by NAveryW on Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Lucretius
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby Lucretius » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:20 pm

So, is Mari some kind of robot ("mysterious cyber character)? That's even weirder than any of the fan speculation. :wut:

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:22 pm

Lucretius wrote:So, is Mari some kind of robot ("mysterious cyber character)? That's even weirder than any of the fan speculation. :wut:
There are only two possible conclusions:

-Mari is actually Porygon that has taken human form.
-Mari just likes to cyber.

Ingraman
Lilith

Postby Ingraman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:40 pm

"Cyber chara" is a little generic...but maybe it is Keel (or his substitute). "Students walking to Unit-03"? Damn, i'm too curious...and for the shitty camrip, let's hope for tomorrow.

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:16 pm

but i want it now :(

cat42
Lilin
Lilin

Postby cat42 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:45 pm

NAveryW wrote:
Ingraman wrote:About the pylons...if it is really the old positron gun at least one pylon has been removed. I said that the unit seems the EVA-00 just for the lateral part of the head, and for the color of the arms (this time EVA-02 should have dark arms, as reported in that Newtype image). But it's only a speculation.....and those horns are really big......
Indeed, looking at it again, it appears to most likely be Unit 00. The reddish color is probably the result of the crappy camera with which the image was shot.

I think it's UNIT-00 getting ready for the long jump mentioned in my crappy translation.

Ingraman wrote:"Cyber chara" is a little generic...

Cyber Character is almost definitely what is said there, since what is written is サイバーなキャラ (Saibah na kyara). Cyber (as an adjective if my understanding is correct) and Chara, which is often what the Japanese use for "Character".

Ingraman wrote:"Students walking to Unit-03"? Damn, i'm too curious...

That one really makes me wonder about the translation. It was the best I
could figure out. I have a feeling that it indicates the pilots walking towards UNIT-03 while still in their school uniforms.

Keep in mind, my translation is no no way guaranteed to be accurate. I know that it contains errors. If SSD, or Reichu eventually fixes it (and probably puts me in my place for using Google translator to assist me in what i could understand) I'd be much obliged. (btw, I love how depending how you word it, each Eva unit is an aircraft according to Google translator)
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

RVR
Embryo

Postby RVR » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:05 pm

The shot from trailer with BIG horns - fake.
http://s54.radikal.ru/i145/0903/b4/a9c2bc7eb155.jpg
geofront.ru

Ingraman
Lilith

Postby Ingraman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:33 pm

@cat42 don't take my post as a critic; on the contrary, thank you for the quickness!
About the photo posted by RVR... it seems somebody has already an excellent rip of the trailer....(SHARE it! Please!).

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:33 pm

RVR wrote:The shot from trailer with BIG horns - fake.
Awesome.

So what's the source of the actual image? Is it something we've seen before?

Ingraman
Lilith

Postby Ingraman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:47 pm

The pose of 00 seems original...but the colors of the unit are identical to the TV series design...and the ventral and chest plates seems...strange. After a better look...i'm not sure it is real.....

RVR
Embryo

Postby RVR » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:54 pm

I think it's from pachinko. Aniway it's from ani Eva game. I'm shure thar this pic not simple fanart.
geofront.ru

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:00 pm

RVR wrote:The shot from trailer with BIG horns - fake.

So it probably was a gattai with Gurren Lagann...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics|🕊|🐸|MAL

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:27 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:So it probably was a gattai with Gurren Lagann...

...What?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”