The "Sequel Theory" Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Action_Bastard » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 pm

I don't want to say poor, but maybe just as good, just a little more "flashy"
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Without limitations, and if we see how he managed to pull off The original, I should say that it will be good, or better, and maybe he will stop making things too vague at the end.
I feel old

SeanTucker
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby SeanTucker » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm actually hoping it's an honest-to-god sequel to the series, either completely or partially ignoring EoE.

(While EoE is a good movie, and a very well-made ending for the series, it's kinda anticlimactic. After we get to know all the characters, we basically learn that all of humanity is royally fucked no matter what anyone does, rendering the entirety of the series utterly pointless.)
Timstuff wrote:If you live in a Gainax production and are allergic to melons, I imagine you'd be sneezing a lot...

Oh wait, did you mean the fruit?

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Aww, you're boring. It would be cool if it was a ReTake thing, along that lines. But chances....
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Formless One
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Formless One » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:24 pm

SeanTucker wrote:I'm actually hoping it's an honest-to-god sequel to the series, either completely or partially ignoring EoE.

(While EoE is a good movie, and a very well-made ending for the series, it's kinda anticlimactic. After we get to know all the characters, we basically learn that all of humanity is royally fucked no matter what anyone does, rendering the entirety of the series utterly pointless.)

As disturbing as EoE was, as much as it proved Shinji is an unforgivable douch, as much as it seems anti-climatic, I don't think many people will agree with you there. Since after all, wasn't EoE being an anti-climax kinda the point of EoE? :rolleyes:

Besides, the reason people don't want it to be a sequel has to do with it screwing with the series itself. Everything is changed, especially the plot. It just... isn't Evangelion any more.

That's my $.02.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:28 pm

It's still Evangelion in essence, just not the Eva we're firmiliar with, we have to let this new one grow on us. The original Eva has had 13 years so...
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

Postby The Imperialist » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:06 am

As some politician have said "Let us wait and see"
I feel old

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:08 pm

SeanTucker wrote:I'm actually hoping it's an honest-to-god sequel to the series, either completely or partially ignoring EoE.

How do you reach that conclusion? Everyone has the choice to come back to life and it's implied heavily that the world will restore itself like it was second Impact. If anything, EoE is the best case scenario, just carried out in a frightening manner.

SeanTucker
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby SeanTucker » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:58 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:

How do you reach that conclusion? Everyone has the choice to come back to life and it's implied heavily that the world will restore itself like it was second Impact. If anything, EoE is the best case scenario, just carried out in a frightening manner.

Whether or not the world restores itself honestly depends on who chooses to come back. If important politicians stay dead, the world economy goes to hell, causing most governments to collapse. That would basically mean humanity gets sent back hundreds of years, at the very least.

Better than angel-controlled 3I, but still pretty damn bad.
Timstuff wrote:If you live in a Gainax production and are allergic to melons, I imagine you'd be sneezing a lot...

Oh wait, did you mean the fruit?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:43 pm

SeanTucker wrote:If important politicians stay dead, the world economy goes to hell

Your statist faith is touchingly naive, young padawan.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:29 pm

It had to happen eventually.

Thread locked for lack of content. (Well, that's not the only reason, but it sounded good.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Nissan
Embryo

My Rebuild of Evangelion Theory! (= Sequel Theory, Again...)

Postby Nissan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Okay i have a really crazy theroy about the Rebuild of Evangelion. I believe that its not a re-imageings of the series i beleive its really 10 years after end of evangelion and every body has reverted from the LCL. The reason i believe this is because at the end of evangelion Reis neck spilts open and shoot red stuff all in the sky and on the moon and at the end of the Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 you are (not) alone kawru was on the moon and you could see the red strip going across the moon.

Please tell me what you think of this!!!

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 pm

welcome to eva geeks :)

o and get in line, many people already think that here

edit: also, wrong section

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 pm

To put it bluntly, this is nothing new. This has been speculated over since the movie came out and the visual details and Kaworu's line of "meeting/seeing" Shinji "again" were made.

Anyone want to dig up some old threadage?

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Axell » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:56 pm

http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4369

that good?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Axell wrote:http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4369

that good?

Oh god. Why did it have to start with V...

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:54 pm

Wait, how does ten years work? Even if Sequel Theory is true, there's no way that ten years would allow everyone to come back, rebuild society, somehow not age, and then forget everything that happened.

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:03 pm

Quantum Magic

nuf said

Twsa'teotu
Banned

Postby Twsa'teotu » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:12 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
Axell wrote:http://www.evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4369

that good?

Oh god. Why did it have to start with V...

he's the guy that started this theory?
Question: "who the hell do you think I am?"
Answer: "My name is Mr. Snrub and I come from some place far away....Anyway, I say we invest that money back in the nuclear plant. "
"I like the way Snrub thinks!"

Ramiel²
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby Ramiel² » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:20 pm

I think everyone who watched rebuild and know the Series +EoE thought about that possibilty after maybe the second or third watch of Rebuild?

The Red stream on the Moon, the Red sea at the beginning and that white Chalk outline that looked a bit like a harpy, so meh..

Wether it is a sequel or not is up to now only speculation, no true evidence is given and probably we will never get more.
It depends on how Anno want to introduce Rebuild to the old and new audience.

Edit: Yay 100 Posts! Ramiel digivolve toooooo Lilith :P

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”