[RP]A Post Third-Impact World ~Session 1~

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 19, 2008 8:08 pm

(OOC: Edited to fit better with later posts/a mistake on my part.)

“So...” Akira returned to sitting at the base of the tree after Misato decided not to go after Shinji. “Did you come here to see me?”

“Eh?” Misato abruptly looked away and scratched the back of her head sheepishly. “Uhh... Yeah, I guess I did.” She tentatively peeked back at him.

Akira gazed deep into her eyes. “Well... if there's time for it, you can join me down here.” He shuffled to the side and patted the ground softly. Smiling warmly, Misato sat next to her father. "Thanks." Misato sat next to Pen-pen, caressing the sleeping bird's head.

“Misato, is anything in particular on your mind?”, her father quietly asked.

Misato and Akira's eyes met. Her reflective mood was somewhat strange, yet... "Nice weather we're having, huh?" Misato's voice shook a little when she mentioned the weather. Changing the topic like that...she just couldn't. She needed to talk with him finally... "Um...yeah. There's something on my mind."

The young woman let out a breath as her hands rested in her lap. Quietly, slowly, Misato spoke: "I know I was a brat with how I acted. Not just laughing when mother divorced you but...Being cold to you all throughout things. Especially after you gained custody of me from Aunt
Yura, after Mother killed herself...I know I was in disbelief that mother did that, and in such a direct way, but... That expedition in the South Pole was the only time we truly spent together and I blew it..."

Reaching to clutch the object around her neck, Misato remembered it wasn't hers anymore. Sighing, Misato shook her head slightly, purple hair falling on her shoulders. She bit her lip then finished, "I guess...what I'm trying to say is I'm sorry for all the awful things I did or said. Father."

Fighting back tears, Misato bowed her head at the word "father", hoping he'd forgive her. Someway, somehow.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 22, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon May 19, 2008 8:12 pm

(Misato failed to adress Shamshel, Ramiel or Leliel present with Kensuke and Toji. And I thought they were still in the middle of the staircase tripping over Shinji's sudden scene.)
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon May 19, 2008 9:42 pm

((This post is made on the assumption that Misato edits the Kensuke/Toji stuff out of her post for the Love of Continuity. Also using some of that IRC dialogue I said I wouldn't use. If SSD doesn't like something I gave to Misato, I can change it.))

Akira heard footsteps on the grass. Immediately stirred out of his thoughts, he reflexively pivoted his head.

His daughter stood not far off, hair jostled slightly by a passing breeze. She regarded him with a sort of … apprehension. He wasn’t sure what to think of it.

“Misato?” he began, his tone tinged by unaffected worry. “Is something the matter?” Granted. The question was intended as an open invitation to elucidate. Upon her mental state. Upon current events. Some combination thereof. Whatever it happened to be. Maybe she would be willing to tell him such things.

The father who hadn’t been there to listen before. Never in a meaningful way. Never in a situation where father or daughter weren’t deafened by—

Misato suddenly looked away with a sharp turn of the head. “Is that Shinji-kun?! Where's he running to?”

'Shinji-kun'? He propped himself up and peered around the trunk of the tree. Someone was running away, and apparently in a big hurry. Akira stood up and squinted his eyes. Shinji? So it appeared to be. Did he come out the back way, so that people wouldn't notice him leave? “...Did something happen?”

“I have no idea.” Misato crossed her arms. “He was running like a madman...”

He glanced at her. “Are you worried?”

Misato nodded. “Somewhat, yes, but...” A serious look took her face. “I'm not so sure that I want to go after him.”

“He does seem rather troubled. At least, that's my impression from the conversation he and I had earlier. I suppose I didn't have much effect, though.” But, then, I didn't really expect to...

She sighed. “I'm sure you did fine. But, Shinji... He needs to stand on his own two feet. If people keep helping him, he'll never learn.”

Akira glanced off in the direction Shinji had ran. “Let him go, then? Well... whatever you do...” He looked back at Misato. “...don't have any regrets.” He smiled warmly.

Misato nodded.

“So...” He returned to his place at the base of the tree. “Did you come here to see me?”

“Eh?” Misato abruptly looked away and scratched the back of her head sheepishly. “Uhh... Yeah, I guess I did.” She tentatively peeked back at him.

Akira gazed deep into her eyes. “Well... if there's time for it, you can join me down here.” He shuffled to the side and patted the ground softly.

"Thanks." Smiling, she sat down in the space he'd allocated, between him and her avian companion. After petting the bird on the head — and Pen-Pen not stirring a centimeter — she gave Akira her eyes once more. Her mood seemed different now. He wasn't sure how to describe it.

Even though he'd never done it before, he tried breaking the ice in a way he thought a parent might. “Misato, is anything in particular on your mind?” He had words he wanted to say himself, even about things that had happened as recently as the day before. But he would have his turn, too. He hoped.

"Nice weather we're having, huh?" she said, her voice shaky.

He didn't say anything.

"Um...yeah. There's something on my mind." Misato let out a breath and brought her hands into her lap. She began to speak, quietly and slowly. “I know I was a brat with how I acted. Not just laughing when mother divorced you, but...”

His expression sank visibly. A single word carried so much emotional potency. 'Divorce'. And... 'Just laughing?'

“Being cold to you all throughout things. Especially after you gained custody of me from Aunt
Yura, after Mother killed herself...”

Fast. It's so fast. Even I can't say those words without...

“I know I was in disbelief that mother did that, and in such a direct way, but...”

He placed a loosely-clenched hand over his mouth and cast his gaze down.

“That expedition in the South Pole was the only time we truly spent together, and I blew it...”

'After all that's happened, Akira, you didn't really expect her to want to spend any time around you, did you?'

'No. No, I guess I didn't.'

'What were you thinking? Bringing that poor kid down here?'

'I... I...'

...I'm the one who failed.

He heard her voice continue. “I guess... what I'm trying to say is, I'm sorry for all the awful things I did or said.” A brief moment that might be interpreted as hesitation. “Father.”

Akira closed his eyes, smiling at the sound of the word. And he realized... “Heh. I'm crying again.” So easily affected. He looked at Misato, and she seemed to be fighting tears herself. “Misato... I know... I know you're sorry.” A lump in his throat as his eyes wavered. “But I understand why you did it. You didn't deserve any of what happened, Misato. You were just... trapped in a drama of broken adults.” He dabbed off his eyes. “It wasn't your fault. None of it.”
Last edited by Reichu on Thu May 22, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Tue May 20, 2008 3:12 am

Note: Edited since Maya has a Controller already (yours truly) ~SSD

[Shammy post coming up, eventually]

It was a funny sight.

Asuka had stopped by a room in passing, noticing Ibuki was staring at the respectable Doctor Akagi who was snoring while still clutching a can of coffee on her hand.

"You have trouble waking her up? 'cause I always had the same trouble with Baka Shinji."

“A-ah! Asuka-chan.” Asuka noticed how the simple term of familiarity used by Maya was enough to give the young ex NERV technician a deeper blush, while the sound that came form within Maya's body was something that could either be a squeak or an "eep", before the assistant turned around with a flushed face, looking almost guiltily, as if she had been caught red-handed doing something wrong. “I w-was just trying to wake Senpai up a-and then she was grumbling something about g-guns a-and Smith-san is nowhere to be seen so I thought-“

A few seconds after Maya had launched herself into a full blown rambling explanation Asuka had already decided she was not gonna be of any help, so instead of trying to make it seem like whatever Ibuki was saying was of noted value, Asuka turned to look at the snoring face of the doctor and smirked.

"Hmm... I guess Akagi-san will probably put on the list of supplies some real coffee and nicotine as well." Asuka said absentmindedly as she walked over to where Akagi was still sleeping. "We don’t want her to have some sort of caffeine withdrawal, right?"

[Maya's Lines]

Maya’s Response was a simple, blushing nod, silent, before Asuka decided to wake up the good doctor, grabbing Akagi’s shoulder and shaking her with a bit of force, making Ritsuko open her bleary eyes and blink twice to focus on the image in front of her.

“Rise and shine, doc.” Asuka said simply before she made her way out.

[Ritsuko’s and/or Maya's response, if any]

She ran quickly down the hall, making her ay t the dor, and just as she was going to barge right in... Asuka stopped.

She simply stopped and stared.

The time she had spent standing in front of the door that held her mother felt like hours or days even for Asuka felt oppressive in many ways, but it also housed a lot of unpleasant memories.

She could see herself, barely 4 years old, still dressed in that dress her mom liked so, her hair made into the twin pigtails that Kyoko loved to do them in.

She could still remember the shivering feeling of anticipation, her heart beating as fast as it could as she ran to her mother's room, happy to give her the news that she was indeed a special, chosen person.

She could still feel the soft tearing of her soul and psyche as the image of dangling feet encased in a long night shirt, swaying slowly to and fro as if to the sound of a compass that Asuka could not hear nor understand, the stupid doll that her mother had chosen over her next to Kyoko's body, dangling and mimicking the motion of it...

A distant sound snapped her back to reality, back to the door and to the realization that even if those images were memories, she had been given a second chance, and so, with a look of resolve and determination on her face, Asuka nodded to herself and opened the door, walking softly to the bed where her mother was still in, noticing that now her body had been changed from the golden, tight fitting unitard she had been wearing, similar to her old red plugsuit, into some shirt and pants, both of which looked two sizes too big, and with the colors old and faded.

Asuka looked around, carrying a small basin full of water and a towel, as well as a bottle of the same purified liquid and some solid food.

"Mama?" Asuka asked softly, part of her wanting to wake Kyoko up, but another just being content with sitting down and watching her sleep. Before long, Asuka decided to get up and continue, putting down the food, water and towel next to Kyoko, dabbing the small towel on cold water and placing it gingerly on her mother’s forehead, taking it after a moment and placing a soft kiss on Kyoko’s forehead before Asuka made her way to the door.

“schöne Träume, Mama.”

Closing the door softly behind her, Asuka made her way to the stairs with the intention on checking on Shinji and Rei before she heard everyone on the ground level, and decided to head over there.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, she heard broken lines with one particular name that instantly caught her attention; rolling her eyes and letting out a long suffering sigh, Asuka appeared with her hands already at her hips.

"What's going on with Baka Shinji?"

[Edit: Re: Maya, I am not taking her, however seeing as how she is right now controller-less, I think she can be used as moving scenery in such cases as this. /shrug/]
Last edited by Eric Blair on Thu May 22, 2008 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 am

((SSD: Maya showed up after the fact and was promptly sent off by Smith to fetch “the medic”.

EB: Admittedly, I changed some little things, but that's what you get for writing the other characters so heavily without their permission. If you didn't get SSD's approval for the Maya stuff... hoo boy! That has to stop!))

Ritsuko peered down at her blouse, expecting to see a hole where the bullet had gone in. But there was nothing. What a relief.

She quickly looked up to see Kuroneko blowing the smoke from the top of his gun with a catty grin on his face. Right next to him was a pile of shattered white porcelain.

Splat, indeed? Ritsuko's brows furrowed. “Why did you do that to my Shironeko-chan?!?”

“She was a chain-smoker. Didn't you see? She was going to die anyway.”

“Liar!”

“Well, alright.” Kuroneko adjusted his glasses. “The truth is, I just didn't like her. She was so clingy. Know what I mean? And then she started threatening to blow things up. So I had to do away with her and that's all there was to it.”

Ritsuko's eyes darted back at the shattered remains of Shironeko again. But, for some reason, the pile of porcelain was gone, and replaced with a gooey pile of...

“Whipped cream,” said Kuroneko. “Go ahead.” He gestured with his head. “Try it. It's delicious.”

“Um... No, thank you.” Just what the hell was going on here? “Is there supposed to be some kind of distorted symbolism to all this?”

Kuroneko shrugged. “I dunno. It's your brain.”

Ritsuko threw her hands up in frustration. “Whatever. This is just ridiculous. I'm leaving.” She snatched the gun from Kuroneko. “I'll be taking that, thank you.”

“Are you sure you want to do that?”

For no apparent reason, the gun had suddenly become a dead white rat. With a small, hole-shaped wound in its chest. Ritsuko's face took on a peeved expression, and she threw the rat back at the cat. “Oh. You think that's funny, do you?”

“Yes,” he replied cheerfully.

“Fuck you,” she said, voice laced with bitterness. She opened the door and was about to walk out when she heard knocking. A soft voice sounded out from the distance. She didn't know where it was coming from, but it was more than obvious WHOSE it was.

“......Maya?” Wait. And another one, too. Was that... “Asuka?” Dammit. How was she supposed to get out of this place? She fumbled around in her pocket, hoping that a flashlight would mysteriously be there. Yes! There was something... She pulled it out and flicked a switch, and twin beams of light appeared. Ritsuko was about to release a sigh of release when she found out that her flashlight was really that accursed dead rat, and the illumination revealed she was wandering precariously close to a very unpleasant place.

In the distance, she could see a congregation of tall, thin, dark objects gathered 'round in a circle, each one with a thin slit of light directly below it.

“Enough of this,” she muttered.

We agree. But perhaps another time, then?

“No.” Ritsuko shook her head defiantly. “I won't stand for it.”

You may not have any choice in the matter. But, be that as it may...

“Rise and shine, doc!”

......'Doc'?

Ritsuko felt herself being shaken harshly. She finally opened her eyes, feeling very groggy indeed. “Ahh... Asuka. And... Maya.”

“Senpai. Good morning.”

“Good... morning?” She slumped out of the chair and stretched with a low groan. “I appear to have taken a little nap. That wasn't quite my intention...” She gazed over at the closed door within which Soryu-san was still presumably sleeping, then to the “patient”'s daughter. “I assume you're here to see your mother, Asuka? Or have you done so already?”

“I came to check on her, actually...” Asuka replied. “I really think it's a daughter's duty to stand by her mother.” There was a hint of coldness in her eyes and voice, but Ritsuko disregarded it.

“Hmm,” she affirmed. Then, sighing, “I still have to check on Shinji-kun... Asuka, let me know if your mother's status changes.” She reached for the bag of supplies she'd already gathered — just in case they'd be needed. “Where is Shinji-kun, by the way?”

“I overheard some commotion outside in the hallway a little while ago, Sempai,” Maya said. “I think people were calling after him.”

Ritsuko stood up. “I see. Thank you.” She finally noticed that Maya seemed to have something she wanted to say. “Maya? What is it?”
Last edited by Reichu on Thu May 22, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue May 20, 2008 11:57 am

((EB: SSD has taken up Maya as a provisional.

"Anna" is just a makeshift name for some nanny Asuka might've had.))

Memories... Deep and thick. Why was she being sent back to them again?

“So you took off the rest of the day after all.”

“Mm. I promised Asuka this morning.”

“I noticed. I'm surprised your promises still mean anything to that girl...”

“Why wouldn't they? I
am her mama.”

“Hmm. Indeed.”

“Asuka! Mama's here!”

“Mama!!”

The girl ran to her, and Kyoko lifted her up, spinning her around a couple of time before taking the child into her arms. Smiles and laughter. “How is my little Asuka? Did you miss Mama?”

Asuka hugged her and hummed in affirmation. “Papa won't play with me. And Anna is so boring!”

“I know! Papa isn't any fun at all, is he? And, Anna's boring? That's no good!”

“Mm! Mama shouldn't be away so much.”

Kyoko's expression dulled upon hearing that, and she set Asuka down and crouched at her eye level. “But Asuka, your Mama is a very busy lady.”

Asuka pouted. “Mama always says that Asuka is special. So why can't Mama be around more?”

“Oh, Asuka.” She patted her daughter on the head. “You
are special. You're the most special girl in the whole world. And your Mama loves you very much.”

Asuka didn't look so sure.

“And she'll prove it to you! Today, we'll do whatever you want.” Kyoko smiled.

Asuka brightened immediately. “A-ny-thing?”

“Anything!”

“I want to go to the park, Mama!”

“Well, then. Let's go!” Kyoko replied cheerfully.

Near dusk, they sat outside on the porch, Kyoko with Asuka in her lap. She brushed her daughter's hair.

“You're such a good girl, Asuka. When I was a little girl, I hated having my hair brushed.”

Asuka giggled, and then abruptly changed the subject. “I liked the monkeys, Mama.”

“Hm. So you've told me.”

“I want to see the monkeys again soon. Can we, Mama?”

“'Soon'? Well, I suppose we can.”

Asuka spun around and gave Kyoko a firm look. “I want your promise, Mama!”

Kyoko smiled. “Alright. I promise, Asuka.”

Asuka smiled and returned to how she was. And they sat there together, and Kyoko felt a warmth emanate from deep down inside her.

Her Asuka. Her precious little Asuka.

To Be Continued... (Probably)
Last edited by Reichu on Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue May 20, 2008 6:47 pm

(OOC: Sachiel13: Misato is outside; she was addressing Touji and Kensuke there (I thought those two already went outside). Will fix that later though. EDITED.)

"You have trouble waking her up? 'cause I always had the same trouble with Baka Shinji."

Turning at the voice, Maya was surprised to see Asuka. “A-ah! Asuka-chan.”

The young woman felt embarrassed about being caught watching the sleeping doctor, but tried her best to hide it. “I w-was just trying to wake Senpai up a-and then she was grumbling something about g-guns a-and Smith-san is nowhere to be seen so I thought-“

Noticing Ritsuko waking up, Maya couldn't help but smile. "Senpai. Good morning."

She noticed Asuka--holding a towel and a bowl of water--walking over to presumably her mother in the bedroom, and decided to give the girl some time to herself.

"Where's Shinji-kun?", Ritsuko asked as Asuka was getting ready to leave.

Maya said, "I overheard some commotion outside in the hallway a little while ago, Senpai. I think people were calling after him." The woman noticed Asuka looking worried as the redhead left the apartment.

She suddenly looked nervous, not knowing what to say to Ritsuko about their possibly missing ally Smith. Her palms grew sweaty. Ritsuko apparently noticed Maya's anxiety and asked, “Maya? What is it?”

"Senpai, I'm glad you're here. Um, to get right to the point..." Maya seriously added, "I think Smith-kun is missing. It's strange; I haven't seen him anywhere. I have a bad feeling about this...What should we do?"
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 22, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Thu May 22, 2008 12:55 am

Granted, Shamshel didn't know a lot of human interaction; most of what she knew was due to memories that weren't really her own, but then again... there was something about the glasses wearing boy that made her remember something...

They're staring at me with wide eyed terror, I have light tendrils coming out from me, flailing around, destroying man made machines and leveling patches of green and gray towers around.

"SHAMSHEL!? You mean that one that Shinji protected us from when we saw how much he suffered in the Evangelion? After Toji punched him? THAT Shamshel!?"

The realization that she had been close to killing them back then made Shamshel uncomfortable; that and the fact that Kensuke kept trailing her with that device that seemed to be forever glued to his hand, making Shamshel turn around.

"I..."

Luckily, it had been Kaji of all people the one to somehow offer both Ramiel and herself an easy way out.

"Are you two going upstairs? Leliel here must be starving, can you take her with you to get something to eat?"

"Yes." Shamshel spoke quickly, not really caring if Ramiel was up to it or not. She had taken a step in the general direction of the stairs when she heard Kaji again.

"Take these two as well."

Shamhsel stood for a moment there, not really wanting to do it, but then again it wasn't like she had a choice; so she let out a sigh and turned around, addressing both teens. "Follow me, and please, stop pointing that at me." She said in a soft, quiet whisper, hoping to get her point across.

The only answer she received from the taller of them was words bitten out, bitter and full of resent as he stomped away without turning back. For a moment Shamshel wondered if the appropriate reaction would be to go behind him, but he was going the wrong way; sideways instead of up.

Then she thought maybe this was what they referred to as "space" maybe he needed to be alone, to think, to come to terms.

And Shamshel realized it wasn't Toji the one who needed that moment of solitude.

It was her.

Somehow she felt like the task was monumental under the constant watchful eyes, both human and human made, somehow it made her feel more like a freak, like a virtually caged animal whose every move was to be recorded and analyzed, audited even for some reason.

Maybe it also had to do with the fact that with her current clothing, but Shamshel felt even more exposed than when she had been nude, so she kept waking forward, ignoring anything else, focusing simply on her mission; bringing food to her sibling.

Shamhsel turned, deciding that in this case, silence was a better tactic; she wanted to stop, to go back to the darkness of the room where Sachiel had been, to stop the interaction of people she didn't know and yet treated her with such familiarity it made her feel awkward and disconnected, like a stranger dressed in clothing that wasn't her, almost expecting her to be someone she was not.

Somehow, thinking of Sachiel made her calm a little: she figured it had to do with the fact that she had somehow helped him.

Or perhaps it was simply her; It somehow felt like she was just a puppet walking around in preconceived lines and situations, with no sense of direction of going forward at all, before she stopped in front of a door.

"Leliel? Sister?" Shamshel asked as she neared the door where she felt the presence the strongest, glad to be able to focus on something other than the actions happening around her. "The man... Kaji, he asked me to bring you some food." Shamshel said simply, standing by the door, waiting for some form of acknowledgment, staring at the room and seeing clothes strewn around.

[OOC: not sure where the heck Leliel is, but I'm guessing in some room conveniently located near Misato's old unit, Asuka might walk inside after the whole Shinji incident and now, perhaps, we can start scavenging around to get some much needed supplies, in any event should the post need some cleaning/editing let me know]
Last edited by Eric Blair on Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby honsou » Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 pm

Brian walked though out the store, picking up a some canned food, a towel, and some simple tools. He then worked his way back towards the front counter, eying at the cigarettes. Then he noticed that to the right where the nicotine patches.

Well...this is a new world, a dawn of a new age so to speak. Maybe I should quit...yeah thats it from this day forward I am not going to smoke.

With a small sense of pride Brian went behind the counter to grab some of the patches. As he was about to grab the patches he heard a crash.

“Shinji are you okay?!”

Brian quickly grabbed a pack of cigarettes and ran towards Shinji, seeing him on the ground, sitting with his back against a shelf. He looked very pale, tears streaming down his cheek, clearly going though another panic attack.

“Oh god, Shinji its going to be okay, just relax.”

Brian quickly made the towel into a makeshift pillow and had Shinji lay down with his head on the towel. Brian gripped Shinji's hand and looked right into the eyes of Shinji.

“Shinji I'm here, your not going to die, everything is going to be just fine.”

Brian spotted the pen and paper next to Shinji and grabbed both.

“When you feel a little better we can talk about this, but for now just breath in and out. This will go away don't worry Shinji”

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu May 22, 2008 9:29 pm

(OOC: Fixed! Thanks Reicchan! :sweatdrop: )

Misato noticed that at the word "Father", he had smiled. Although he was crying, eyes full of tears...

“Heh. I'm crying again.”, he had said with a smile.

“Misato... I know... I know you're sorry.” A lump in his throat as his eyes wavered. “But I understand why you did it. You didn't deserve any of what happened, Misato. You were just... trapped in a drama of broken adults.” He dabbed off his eyes. “It wasn't your fault. None of it.”

"But that doesn't mean my behavior was alright!", the woman nearly yelled from anguish. Burying her face in her hand, ashamed, she miserably continued: "And then, once I joined Nerv, I claimed to be getting revenge on your death by fighting the Angels, but in reality I was just trying to run away! I hoped burying myself in work would make me forget the memory of losing you--along with the pain of everything else--and it didn't!"

Weary, letting out a breath, Misato sat upright, drew her knees into her chest. She quietly added, "Kaji...He was just so much like you. I had no other choice but to break up with him the first time we dated..."

Thinking back to Instrumentality, the times with Kaji, Second Impact, and her childhood, Misato shook a little from the memories.

"No matter what I tried to do, I ended up thinking about you and felt nothing but pain. That's why a part of me hoped maybe I really hated you...but I just can't bring myself to do that!"

Through his water eyes, Shinji noticed the Nerv psychologist by his side, saying...something...to him.

“Shinji are you okay?! Oh god, Shinji its going to be okay, just relax. Shinji I'm here, you're not going to die, everything is going to be just fine.”

Nodding, Shinji let out a breath, trying to calm down his racing heart as he closed his eyes. Inhale...exhale...inhale...exhale... Just calm down it's going to be okay, just breath, Shinji.

“When you feel a little better we can talk about this, but for now just breath in and out. This will go away, don't worry, Shinji.”

Inhale....exhale... A sigh in the back of his throat. After several minutes, Shinji opened his eyes, feeling better. The boy nodded at the man in thanks. Hands somewhat shaky, Shinji finally came to his senses and furiously started writing in one of the notebooks: his from now on.

"Truth is...was only(?) survivor 3rd Impact. Alone for month. Went cra...crazy. Try to hang in there, be happy, but keep on depression/panic/fear/anger least expect. Unable "go with flow of things". At total loss times like this, want death but...death wrong. Not help. Nothing help anymore. That why...no speak. Prevent do or say stupid things then."

Full of shame, eyes averted, Shinji looked away as he showed Brian the words. His right hand unconsciously fingered his cross pendent. Closing his heavy eyes, another odd-sounding sigh escaped from his lips. The "I'm depressed" note he wrote shortly before his attack from Bardiel nearly burned like fire in his pocket. He debated on showing it to the man, but Shinji felt weary instead of depressed. Of himself. Of others. Of everything.

How were people able to put up with him when he was like this?! People...Asuka. I wonder what she's doing right now? Does Asuka still have that love letter I gave her? She'd...be so mad if she were here right now.

Shaking his head, Shinji sadly wrote down: "Why people no give up me already? Not lost cause?"

Noticing the pack of cigarettes in Brian's pocket, Shinji made a face. He somewhat jokingly added: "Hey. Smoking bad."
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri May 23, 2008 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Thu May 22, 2008 11:22 pm

((Won't do my Toji thing until I can ask EB about a few things... Also have some comments on the Misato post, but I'll take those to IRC, save for pointing out: "Kaji-san"?))

“No matter what I tried to do, I ended up thinking about you and felt nothing but pain,” Misato said. “That's why a part of me hoped maybe I really hated you... but I just can't bring myself to do that!”

Akira simply sat and listened, a plaintive look on his face. This all felt very familiar. And, at the same time, he was still very much confused about it all. What should he do? What should he say?

He took a deep breath. “I... don't want to be hated, anymore. I'm through with hating myself and rejecting the concept that other people might care about me.” He looked at the ground and fidgeted. “But, Misato... You don't need to resolve your feelings right away. You don't need to deny any anger or confusion you still feel. And, the truth is that I wronged you far more than you ever wronged me. As much as I want to overcome the past... feel ready to overcome it... those things can't simply be forgotten.” Akira finally looked at Misato again. “If you're not truly ready to forgive me... that's fine.”

“I think Smith-kun is missing,” Maya said. “It's strange; I haven't seen him anywhere. I have a bad feeling about this...What should we do?”

“If he isn't here in actuality,” Ritsuko replied, “he may have just left the complex temporarily to get supplies. Or look for more guns, I suppose.” She rolled her eyes slightly. “But I wouldn't be concerned. Smith can take care of himself.” Ritsuko slung the bag of makeshift medical supplies over her shoulder and looked ready to leave. “Maya, would you be able to help me find Shinji-kun?”

Shinji-kun. Had she even seen him once since arriving? No, this would be the first. Another very awkward reunion. Oh, how she loved those. As if seeing one of the faces from that wonderful evening in the dungeon of secrets wasn't enough. ......The boy was the greater of two evils.

Ritsuko tried to shove the thought back into a conveniently out-of-the-way place.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri May 23, 2008 4:06 pm

(OOC: Brief Misato and Maya post since I'll be busy this weekend though I'll make more posts later. I don't plan on making another Shinji post until people show up there.)

Akira finally looked at Misato again. “If you're not truly ready to forgive me... that's fine.”

Thinking for a moment, Misato managed a smile. At length, her hand reached for her father's. She hesitantly placed it on top of his, feeling his warmth. "But that doesn't mean I can't try to forgive you, right?"

Standing up to stretch, Misato let out a yawn. "Now then, since we're going to try to have that apartment complex meeting at Noon, just what should we discuss? Do we really have enough resources out here for long term survival?"

She sat back down and blushed slightly. "Oh, um...sorry, father. If you want to say anything else about our conversation, feel free to."

Ritsuko slung the bag of makeshift medical supplies over her shoulder and looked ready to leave. “Maya, would you be able to help me find Shinji-kun?”

Nodding, Maya walked to the door, holding it open for the doctor. "Of course, Senpai."

Maya wished that she could talk to the doctor about more personal matters but wondered if maybe it wasn't necessary. At least not saying anything would protect Maya from the heartbreak of rejection. Besides, if Ritsuko knew Maya's feelings because of the Instrumentality Project, yet said nothing...Then what was the point?

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby honsou » Sun May 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Brian saw Shinji start to write quickly

"Truth is...was only(?) survivor 3rd Impact. Alone for month. Went cra...crazy. Try to hang in there, be happy, but keep on depression/panic/fear/anger least expect. Unable "go with flow of things". At total loss times like this, want death but...death wrong. Not help. Nothing help anymore. That why...no speak. Prevent do or say stupid things then."

Brians heart broke at these words

My god this kid has been though a lot...are there right words to even say to him. Well I guess I will just have to give it a shot.

“Shinji you went though a month of hell, not knowing if anyone would come in back. Your just going though a very rough time. You cant force your self to be happy but to even have a chance at happiness you need to talk to talk, don't worry so much about saying stupid things...And your right death is wrong, its always the wrong choice.

Brian saw the next words

“"Why people no give up me already? Not lost cause?"

“Shinji your not a lost cause, no one is ever a lost cause.”

Brian gripped Shinji's hand

“Your going to be okay, its just going to take some time. There is no miracle cure...but I can promise you I will do everything I can to help you and it will get better.”

Brian then saw the last line and laughed

“Well smoking is very bad, its just a horrible habit I have. But I guess everyone has their vice.”

Brian stands up and helps Shinji to his feet.

“Well then, now that we have some stuff, shall we make our way back to your place?”

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun May 25, 2008 5:13 pm

“Shinji you're not a lost cause, no one is ever a lost cause.”

Warmth. The man had held his hand. Shinji averted his gaze as the man spoke, but he did feel thankful. “You're going to be okay, it's just going to take some time. There is no miracle cure...but I can promise you I will do everything I can to help you and it will get better.”

Suddenly laughing he added, “Well smoking is very bad, its just a horrible habit I have. But I guess everyone has their vice.”

Standing up, the Nerv Psychologist helped Shinji to his feet. “Well then, now that we have some stuff, shall we make our way back to your place?”

Carrying the bag of supplies he found, Shinji nodded. He quickly wrote down: "Um...what's your name, mister? You didn't tell me it yet." Surprised he was writing properly despite his earlier fits of panic, the boy managed a slight, sincere, smile. Maybe...things would get better after all.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun May 25, 2008 10:30 pm

"These Lilin bodies...seem to come with the same stresses as Lilin."

"I feel I need to communicate with others to survive."

"Is that valid?"

Hmm....well...I do remember a few things about Lilin...when our minds were together...

"Well, if we do encounter the same pressures as Lilin do, then yes. If I remember correctly from the Calamity, Lilin evolved from primitive social animals, which is why they live together instead of apart. So that is considered normal, from a Lilin's prespective."

Somehow I know it's something more than just that....

"We're going to be late for breakfast...let's go big brother!"

I grab his hand and start to drag him towards the complex. The red ribbons have seemingly multiplied. I don't remember having ribbons on my wrists or in my hair...or around my neck either...

Ayanami Rei the Statuette

Where did Shinji run to? What-

"I hate everyone. And everyone hates me too. I don't want to be here anymore! Nobody's kind to me! Everyone is bad. They always use me!"

"Why does it always have to be this way..."

"No! If it's going to be like this, I'd be better off dead...But, I don't have the courage to die... Somebody help me. Somebody care about me! Somebody be kind to me! Somebody stay with me!!"

! He's...but...

"Everybody doesn't hate you.....I want to stay with you...I want to be with you...I..

want to be one...one with you?

"I love you. Please...don't hate yourself for trying...time gives you...a second chance, but you need to use it and expect failure..."

I jump off the balcony and fly track his aura down to a small abandoned shop.

"It pains me so to see you hurt yourself like this. You have to understand that you have to continuously work for your happiness."

He's talking with someone..

“...you're not a lost cause, no one is ever a lost cause.”

A new arrival? I quickly fly to the roof of the shop and lay prone.

“You're going to be okay, it's just going to take some time. There is no miracle cure...but I can promise you I will do everything I can to help you and it will get better.”

“Well smoking is very bad, its just a horrible habit I have. But I guess everyone has their vice.”

“Well then, now that we have some stuff, shall we make our way back to your place?”

"Shinji, you are in good hands. If you want to see me, you can find me where I was before."

I close my eyes for a few seconds...to try and picture Shinji's dining room...I haven't done this is a while...

the chair...the table...the dried tear spots....open door...top floor...that cooking smell...

I open my eyes back in Shinji's room, sitting in the same chair before I flew away.

"I'll be waiting for you...here...so...if you come here...you'll find me."

He longs for Soryu-kun too...what...what have I done...to himself...what have I done to myself...

"Adam...I need you...where are you?"
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon May 26, 2008 1:56 am

"Everybody doesn't hate you.....I want to stay with you...I want to be with you...I...I love you. Please...don't hate yourself for trying...time gives you...a second chance, but you need to use it and expect failure..." My eyes grow wide, in shock, from the sudden voice in my head. Ayanami.....

"It pains me so to see you hurt yourself like this. You have to understand that you have to continuously work for your happiness." My breathing is steady as her words process in my mind, comprehending what she's saying. Rei....

"Shinji, you are in good hands. If you want to see me, you can find me where I was before. I'll be waiting for you...here...so...if you come here...you'll find me."

I nod, a slight smile on my face. Yeah...I'm going to be okay. Everyone's with me. It'll take some time but...I am not alone. I'm not.

Warmth spreads into my chest as I let out a sigh. I feel calm. That believing things will be okay is really true as long as I work on it... Thank you....Rei. I...I love you.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue May 27, 2008 12:44 am

Being tugged by his sister up the stairs, Sachiel felt life as a blur. More or less paying attention to what was actually happening, his mind was lost in a sea of thought. All the questions of being a Lilin. All the questions he could ask now that he had a mind to ask it. Any question, he could now ask. And he did. Not really looking for a right answer, but still asking for it. Even questions about how he could ask questions.

Thought. The thrill of being able to think. Something he could not do freely before. Something only in a dream that was never dreamt because he had not the mind to dream it. Now he had those dreams, those thoughts, those questions.

If only I had someone to think them with...

It was true, communication had been a major issue on his mind, but the issue? No. His mind wasn't on the communication with the others, but more the interaction between others as a result of communication. Opinions. Judgement. Subjective. Favor. People tend to favor certain things over others. Same with other people. Favor? Affection? ...Love? Do I favor one over another. Am I affectionate of one over another? Do I love one? What about the others? I don't favor, affect, love the others? I can't. Only one. Why? Why not others? Special. She's special. None alike. None similar. None can amount. Opinions once again.

His hand hung loosely from Armisael's as she pulled him along. "We're going to be late for breakfast...let's go big brother!" Trying to keep up, occasionally overstepping. Though, it was a problem for him since she was flying. Not worrying about the friction the floor fought with.

Food sounded good right now. He hadn't eaten since the previous day and his stomach hated him for it, making all sorts of aggressive noises. And as the smell from the quickly approaching room became stronger, so did the growls. He could not recognize the smell, but it was fresh and he wanted whatever it was making that aroma.

They reached the apartment, entering through the already open door they observed Rei cooking. Is she the only one here? An wave of discomfort washed over him. Alone...with Lilith.

"E-excuse me?" He asked politely, though unintentionally. "We're hungry..." He slowly walked over to the dining room table, watching ever step, cautious of his movements. Not wanting to make a false move for fear of Lilith. Fear? No. Respect. For respect of Lilith. Sitting down, giving off an appearance of staring off into space again because of a mask that faced only one direction, but in reality his eyes were all over, inspecting every detail in front of him out of sheer curiosity.

(OOC: lol, correct me if I'm wrong about that. I'll make a Kensuke, Kaji and Bardiel post tomorrow. I just wanted to get this in before I went to bed.)
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue May 27, 2008 2:09 am

(OOC: Sachi, Rei was sitting in a chair on the table, but I'll change that.)

Armisael, the Embryo Mystic

Sachiel seems to drag his feet as he walks...perhaps he is just hungry...

Why can I stop thinking that he's thinking about his new existence...and yet I have no evidence- ...

I smell food! Aha, so we weren't late after all! We're gonna chat with our siblings and the Lilin and the-

Lilith. Did she-

"I've been expecting company."

Ah....she cooked for us...Lilith...well...hmm her voice doesn't seem so flat.

Perhaps she can help Sachiel...

Why does she only have two bowls? She's not going to eat? Meh, she probably ate earlier. Hmmm....my Lilin memories say that this stuff is vegetables...with ramen, and the soup has some...uerm...miso paste in it.

She sets the bowls down to sit down and wait for us....us? She's looking at us? Wait no...she's looking at Sachiel...weird.

"Sachiel, food! Aren'tya hungry? I haven't eaten ever since I got here! Phoo...being in a Lilin vessel is so demanding..."

He seems distant...Lilith seems...well no she always seemed preoccupied in her mind....

A FEW MINUTES PRIOR...

Ayanami Rei, Somewhat Lost...

...I need your help Adam....why did you have to leave...

Sachiel and Armisael? I thought Sachiel was injured...he must've recovered by now, then.

They must be hungry; I didn't see them earlier today.

-

Two bowls...

I turn around and face Adam's Children. The youngest and the eldest. Sachiel seems more down than he usually is.

"I've been expecting company."

? I sound relieved..strange.

I place the bowls on the table and sit down.

"Sachiel, food! Aren'tya hungry? I haven't eaten ever since I got here! Phoo...being in a Lilin vessel is so demanding..."

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Tue May 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Sachiel looked down at the strange meal in front of him. There were vegetables and noodles in...water. A strange tint of color due to the broth. He stared at it, trying to figure out how we was supposed to eat this. One the left side of the bowl lay two identical, polished sticks. On the other lay a strange spoon.

He supposed that the spoon could be used to carry the broth and maybe a few of the vegetables, but what about the noodles? And what are these small sticks for?

Finally he just asked. "How do I eat this?"

[Rei]

Still confused, he picked up his sticks with one hand and attempted to pick up one of his vegetables, failing and dropping one in the soup. Not faltering, he tried again, picking up both sticks. One was supported by his index, the other pinned against his thumb. How can Lilin eat like this?

[Cute little Rei feeding him (lol)]

He blushed as Lilith did it with ease, he preferred learning on his own, but this worked just as well. He had lifted his mask up just enough to still be able to see, but so that his mouth was exposed. Taking a bite of the vegetable on the sticks, another wave of sensations shot through his body. The flavor was beyond him, either because food was such a new thing to him or that Lilith was an excellent cook. Either way, he liked it.

He observed that when he had something to do, his mind focused on one thing, but in observing that, he had already strayed from that thing. Thoughts. What are thoughts? And why are they so unorganized?
- Sachi

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm

(OOC: LILY IS TEH PWNZ OF COOKERZAH!)

Lilith

"How do I eat this?"
Sachiel doesn't know how to use chopsticks.

"You pick the sticks up with one hand. Hold on with the tips of your second, third, and first digits, and use the base of your first and the tip of your fourth digit to secure the second stick in place. Maneuver your second and third digits to use the first stick pick up food articles."

His fingers aren't conditioned to use chopsticks.....

I stand up and walk over to sit next to Sachiel, using his chopsticks to pick up a portion of ramen and vegetables and aim them at his mouth.

"Open your mouth."

...He's lifting his mask, so I fluidly extend my arm until he bites down on it.

"You cannot pick up objects with chopsticks with as much pressure as you can exert on the chopsticks. They will break, or the food will fling away. There has to be a balance between pressure and lightness."

Armisael must've been starving...she's finished her bowl. Or...or maybe...she...she ...likes m-my cooking?

Return to “Role-Playing Related”