[RP]A Post Third-Impact World ~Session 1~

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:11 pm

(OOC: Meh since barely anybody's posting much, I'll try to motivate people to get their butts in gear by by-passing walking through the apartment hallway. Though Real Life is important, of course. And yay at getting to page 30! Certainly farther than what we got to in the first RP thread! ^_^ Slight EDIT at Sachiel's request.

Entering the apartment of Shinji's room, Misato looked around somewhat confused. "Father isn't here...", she muttered to herself. "I wonder if he went somewhere? I guess I just missed him."

Looking towards the door to Shinji's room, she noticed it was closed. Turning her head towards Rei and the others that decided to tag along, Misato gently put a finger to her lips, whispering, "Shinji-kun's probably asleep. Let's try to keep it quiet, okay?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed Pen-pen sleeping on the bed of the master bedroom, the door wide open. The purple-haired woman tried her best to stifle a laugh. How she loved that penguin of hers.

Wandering towards the kitchen, Misato couldn't help but smile at thought of everyone working together. Hopefully this was a sign that life after Third Impact wouldn't be as bad as it seemed at first.

Opening the cabinets and drawers, Misato pulled out several cans of food-- mixed vegetables, corn, and various meat--as well as some packages of dried food and a few can openers. The dried food wasn't anything that fancy: just some packets of curry, white rice, brown rice, flour and such.

She then pulled out a few cooking bowls to work with as well as a bottle of water to rinse the food.

Turning to Rei, Misato quietly asked, "So, what should we make, anyway? It looks like we'll have enough for about everybody, based on what we have here." The woman added with a smile, "And don't worry, Rei, I'll make sure your plate is vegetarian."
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 01, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm

(OOC: DURR HURR DOUBLE POST. And since this is a dream/slight mind-fuck, things don't have to be exactly in reality as what Shinji's stating. EDIT: Decided to add more since nobody posted anything yet.)

Realizing I'm in a dream, I look around. Where I am? Blinking as black nothingness surrounds me, the realization hits me like a ton of bricks.

"I'm out in space! How...?!" Yet, this is kind of fun....It's as if I'm able to fly and breath while I'm up here...

I notice the beautiful blue Earth far, far off in the distance. The red ring of LCL still surrounding it. I can't help but wonder if that's permanent from what Ayanami did, or if it'll go away with time. At the very least, Earth is no longer tinged red...

"Shinji." Hearing that familiar voice, my eyes widen from shock. Turning my head--I see her--blue hair like a flame waving behind her. The Spear of Longinus, split in two, is behind her.

"M...mother??" The tears are already falling from my eyes.

"Mother!" I float over to her, overwhelmed at seeing her. "I..." I'm not sure what it is I want to even say to her, or ask her, but the words...just don't come.

Despite her being Eva, I can feel her loving smile at me. "Shinji, you can't give up with life. I believe that you can learn to love yourself and others. And I wanted to see you and the others happy."

Her eyes meeting my blue ones, mother continued, her voice almost sad, "Please, darling, don't throw away this second chance I gave all of you."

Mother smiled warmly, lovingly, before she said her final words: "Don't forget why you returned to begin with. You have the potential to be happy. You've already been taking those proper first steps since returning, and since your friends have returned. Regardless of life's hardships, it's a beautiful world. You're such a beautiful boy, Shinji, and I believe in you with all my heart."

Before I could even reply, she was gone. I was left alone in a peaceful, soothing, white void. Relaxation calmed my entire body as I fell into a deeper state of sleep, managing a genuine smile outside of my dreams. Somehow, I knew that I would be alright again, and one day I'd be truly content. Not happy, since constant happiness is impossible, but content. That was all I wanted to begin with, even before I realized it.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby jenova7 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:52 pm

(OOC: edited this post for continuity, only just realised Ramiel is no longer in kyoko's room)

Ramiel awoke in complete silence. She had fainted in the arms of the young lilin, the girl must have gotten help because she was now lying down on another bed of somekind. Standing directly above her, were two lilin woman who appeared to be tending to her wounds.

Ramiel gave a slight nod and said "thank you" before unconciousness took her away once more.
Last edited by jenova7 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:40 pm

(Just a short little post to get things moving.)

“Everybody to the top floor for grub! You're gonna hafta cut that thing short, Kensuke. It's dark enough that your footage'll look like shit anyway. Bet ya didn't think of that!” He looked over at Sachiel, and frowned. “But, uh... how we gonna get you up there...?”

"Don't worry about me. I can walk on my own." Sachi winced in pain as he said that. "But I suppose that...somebody could help carry me. hehe..." Sachiel stood up, using the table as support and he smiled. "See, I can do it." Then he lost balance and fell, Kensuke quickly caught him and propped him up over his shoulders. Sachiel just laughed. "I guess not. I'm sure with help I can get up the stairs...slowly." He shifted his weight to better support himself on Kensuke.

"Sachiel, I think you should stay down here, at least until you can walk. We'll bring you down some food, and I'm sure somebody will stay and keep you company." Kensuke turned to the other Angels in the room. "Right?" They nodded as Kensuke sat Sachi back down. "Ok, so just stay here and we'll take care of everything."

Sachiel stayed put, wondering where all his other siblings were. He wanted to talk to somebody, just to talk. Didn't matter what about, he just wanted to talk.

--

Bardiel wasn't moving. Kaji wondered what was up. It would be hard to drag him all the way back if he refused to cooperate. He didn't want to say anything wrong to upset him even more, so he waited for Leliel to speak with him.

(SRSLY, what happened to Bardiel making one post a day?)
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:29 am

Cooking with Ayanami Rei

"So, what should we make, anyway? It looks like we'll have enough for about everybody, based on what we have here. And don't worry, Rei, I'll make sure your plate is vegetarian."

"...I can cook some dishes, but I'll help you with the range and the water."

I regenerate the ring of blue flame where the range flames were supposed to be. Now...for the water...I'll have to do this far away so Ikari-kun won't wake up...maybe...yes...

The will hear the explosions as thunder...

I start the reactions 16 kilometers away. There is a continuous flash of red light as the the water particles travel from the explosions at a high speed and snake through the open doorway and collect in a growing sphere in my raised hand. Ten seconds later, I hear the soft rolling of the explosions...A minute has passed, and the sphere of floating water has a diameter of one meter.

"I believe our water troubles for cooking are over. I can create as much water as we need. Steamed vegetables...with ramen, ramen broth and other food for others who desire meat and other things...is the fastest way to serve a large amount of people...and we can have steamed corn to finish the meal. if you don't know how to steam vegetables, then I can teach you, so we can cook simultaneously. I am also open to your suggestions and will comment on them if you have any. I am especially curious about your instant curry dish. I have never tried curry before, so I suppose this is a good time to try it."
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:51 pm

Cooking show with Katsuragi Misato! Special Guest Chef: Ayanami Rei!

"I believe our water troubles for cooking are over. I can create as much water as we need. Steamed vegetables...with ramen, ramen broth and other food for others who desire meat and other things...is the fastest way to serve a large amount of people...and we can have steamed corn to finish the meal. if you don't know how to steam vegetables, then I can teach you, so we can cook simultaneously. I am also open to your suggestions and will comment on them if you have any."

Misato couldn't help but smile at Rei's comment about trying her cooking.

"I am especially curious about your instant curry dish. I have never tried curry before, so I suppose this is a good time to try it."

"If you want to try it, Rei, that's fine. Um, just be warned my curry and cooking isn't the best... It's nowhere near as Shinji-kun's level, for one thing. And I think even Asuka--who didn't cook that much--can do a better job then me." The woman nervously added with a laugh so not to scare the blue-haired girl off: "But I have been practicing, so it should not make anybody sick, at least."

Clearing her throat, Misato began washing some corn to be steamed. "Steamed corn would be fine...I think chicken curry's a good choice. After all, it's simple and healthy." She chuckled to herself, adding with a smirk, "It might be a strange choice for breakfast, but I know teenagers tend to eat unorthodox meals for that, anyway."

Putting the corn in one of the pots full of water, she covered it with the lid while muttering to herself: "Okay, while that's cooking, I guess I'll cut up the chicken..."

Setting herself to work, Misato quietly said, "Thanks for your help, Rei. I really appreciate it. I'm sure Shinji-kun and the others do, too."
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 01, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:57 pm

Toji headed upstairs with Kensuke, dashing up the steps like they were nothing. “Poor guy,” he said, referring to Sachiel. “I wonder why we couldn't just cook in that room, anyway? Didn't Misato-san say that Shinji was probably sleepin' or something? Honestly...” He clicked his tongue. “...them chicks make no sense.”

They found Misato and Rei in the kitchen of Shinji's apartment. Kensuke immediately started gawking at the old-fashioned range, which left Toji rather confused, until he finally noticed that there was a weird ring of blue light instead of actual flames.

“What is that?” Toji asked.

((If Misato could edit things so that she asks Kensuke and Toji to do things now that they've actually arrived, that would work better. And seriously, SSD. I have no idea why you and Rei had to cook in THAT apartment unit.

Holding off on Akira and Ritsuko for now.))

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:11 am

Toji headed upstairs with Kensuke, dashing up the steps like they were nothing. “Poor guy,” he said, referring to Sachiel. “I wonder why we couldn't just cook in that room, anyway? Didn't Misato-san say that Shinji was probably sleepin' or something? Honestly...” He clicked his tongue. “...them chicks make no sense.”

"Tell me about it..." Kensuke replied. "Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Sometimes I think we're just better off on our own..."

--

They found Misato and Rei in the kitchen of Shinji's apartment. Kensuke immediately started gawking at the old-fashioned range, which left Toji rather confused, until he finally noticed that there was a weird ring of blue light instead of actual flames. "IT'S AMAZING!!"

“What is that?” Toji asked.

"And how is Rei doing that!? It must be some sort of fluctuating manifestation of the AT-Field! Instead of just protecting the host, it can also mutate to an endless number of things! THIS IS AWESOME!" He shuffled for his camera. "Rei! Face over here and smile for the camera! I want to get every second of this!"

Getting no response, he stopped. "Fine...We left Sachiel and the others downstairs since he can't walk. So we'll be available to deliver food to them. But sheesh...did you have to pick the top floor!?" He let out a breath, running up and down to pass around food was going to be a a pain. "If there's anything we can do, I'll be more than happy to oblige!"

--

Sachiel sat there, bored and with nothing to do. Looking around in the dark, he observed his siblings standing there quietly, blank looks on all of their faces, like they weren't even completely there. It had been a long day, not surprising that they'd be tired.

Sachi yawned. He had the urge to lie down somewhere warm and just close his eyes. It was also really cold. His jacket was still with Shamshel, which left him with just his t-shirt, the hairs on his arms standing from the cold.

This room was dull to him...he was hungry, and was glad that the others were gonna bring food, but his drowsiness didn't want him to stay here. He got up slowly, this time it didn't even hurt too much. Walking did though. He limped over a bit, ignoring the stares he was getting from his siblings, and slumped over to the bedroom, each step sent a sharp stab of pain in his side.

He dropped himself on the bed, letting out a breath of relief. The bed felt so good. He had never been on a bed before, and he wondered why he never did before. The previous night he fell asleep in a wooden chair. Heck, he didn't even know what sleep was. When he awoke that morning, he thought he died and came back again. And now, death wanted him back. He wrapped himself in the blanket, feeling the warmth of it's touch all over him, almost forgetting about the pain as he closed his eyes. But the strange temporary death did not come, not yet.

All the events of the day came rushing back to him, several thoughts, questions and speculations filled his mind. Days...long days...filled with so much. My siblings, they have not all returned. Bardiel...what is he doing? Arael...what happened to you? You're...different. Shamshel...there's something strange about her. Something very intimidating about her. My Aura...has it returned, can this vessel allow my Aura to flow? Pain. Why do Lilin feel pain?......Monster. I am a monster...NO. It's true...they wanted me dead. NO. Not true. They accepted me. NO. Ramiel...abandoned me. Left me with the Lilin. NO. My siblings still accept me too. NO. I don't know... His thoughts trailed off as he fell into sleep.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:53 pm

(OOC: @Reichu: Misato wants to be around so she can check up on Shinji if need be. Really, is it that big of a deal?)

Blinking at the familiar voices, Misato smiled warmly at Kensuke and Touji. "Hello, you two. How's it going?"

"Sheesh...did you have to pick the top floor!?" Kensuke let out a breath, looking tired from walking so far.

Misato frowned, feeling bad, but... "I'm sorry about that, Aida-kun. Suzuhara-kun. It's just Shinji-kun still might not be feeling well, so I want to make sure he's alright and it's a good idea for him to not strain himself that much... Besides, he probably wants the company once he wakes up."

The women turned away, her back facing them as she stared at the floor in thought as she murmured to herself: "I can't screw things up again...Not this time around."

"If there's anything we can do, I'll be more than happy to oblige!"

Broken out of her thoughts, Misato nodded at that. "Thanks, Aida-kun. Then, could you one of you please help with cooking the rice and the other with getting the curry mix together? I'm cutting up the chicken while Rei's taking care of the corn."

Winking at Touji and Kensuke, Misato jokingly giggled out, "Anyway, I'll do what I can to impress you with my cooking. :heart: "
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 01, 2008 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:42 pm

MAOR Cooking With TEH Rei!!!!!!1111oneoneone

Ayanami Rei, Lilith, Mother

"Thanks for your help, Rei. I really appreciate it. I'm sure Shinji-kun and the others do, too."

They....they're thankful...

"Rei! Face over here and smile for the camera! I want to get every second of this!"

Kensuke-san....

Fine...We left Sachiel and the others downstairs since he can't walk. So we'll be available to deliver food to them. But sheesh...did you have to pick the top floor!?"

"If there's anything we can do, I'll be more than happy to oblige!"

Sachiel can't walk?

"If any of Adam's children require or desire food, travel to the highest floor and use my aura to find us. We are having breakfast. I understand that some might want to stay with Bardiel; that is fine. Sachiel, I can levitate you to our room, if your vessel is injured."

Why can't he recover from his injuries? He shouldn't be taking this long...

Something Kensuke-san said. A slip of the tongue. I will speak with Sachiel later.

"Kensuke-san, you need to be careful about what you say to Adam's children. They take your words very seriously, and do not understand your lightheartedness."

I continue chopping the Napa Cabbages next to a grinning Misato...she feels responsible for their downfall...

(OOC: I won't post Adam's Part III until the day after this one.)
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:02 am

"Kensuke-san, you need to be careful about what you say to Adam's children. They take your words very seriously, and do not understand your lightheartedness."

Kensuke blushed. "Um...hehe...that was an accident. My tongue just slipped. What I mean to say was-!"

He was interrupted when a certain somebody giggled: "Anyway, I'll do what I can to impress you with my cooking. :heart: " Kensuke's jaw immediately dropped, and his eyes turned to hearts.

"Yes Ma'am!" He ran off to do the rice. He had never done this before, but he was more than willing to impress Misato with his cooking. Though he wasn't sure exactly what he was doing...

--

Sachiel tumbled off into sleep, like free falling off a cliff and with not a worry in the world, he soared down into a big blue bubble, popping it.

Suddenly he was in an apartment, but the power was working, and ALL of his siblings were there eating and having a good time, in LILIN form. He couldn't help but smile at the large round table everybody was sitting at, to his left and right was Shamshel and, grimacing upon notice, Asuka. He didn't wonder why she was even there, but just shrugged and continued eating his feast. Everybody was so happy, and it pleased him to know this, but...

The room suddenly became dark, everybody was gone and so was the food. Sachiel's image of himself became shaken, a huge shadow arose from his feet and onto the wall, manifesting into something much more real than a shadow. It was himself...but not himself anymore. His old Vessel. He fell to his knees, suddenly naked, and his shadowed wrapped itself all around him, engulfing him, until there was nothing left. The amber eyes now glowing brightly.

A single word went through his mind during all of this: Monster.

Before losing his last breath to the thing taking over, he appeared in a different room, an empty room, similar to that of an Asylum cell, his regular attire on. Having no control of his body, he took off his mask revealing a crying child, and within a second, it turned into the cracked face he had before, after the Lilin had hurt him. Though it had no mouth, it looked like it was giving off a broken grin, his eyes glowing brightly.

And the dream didn't end there...
- Sachi

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:58 am

[I’m taking Ritsuko and Maya for a spin.]

“Where are you going?”

Before Asuka could try and come with a reason to leave, Ritsuko continued, not even trying to conceal the sarcasm on her voice. “You can't just come here and dump her and then go out as if this was a school outing.”

Shamshel simply walked to where her fallen sibling laid and knelt next to her, frowning as she saw her body.

“Will she be alright?”

Ritsuko sighed for what seemed like the 9000th time, silently cursing for not having any cigarettes before she shrugged. “Hard to tell right now, but if I were to make an assumption based on what we have seen so far in regards to them, I think some of the “new angels” still retain some aspects of their former selves.”

“What does that mean in plain speak?” Asuka asked in an annoyed tone, feeling tired and hungry.

“Take a look yourself.”

Both Asuka and Shamshel looked at Ramiel, noticing how her body was looking less burned in some areas.

“Do you… feel something?” Ritsuko asked cautiously as she noticed Shamshel’s frown.

Shamshel shook her head, not really sure if she should confide on any of the people here, regardless of what Sachiel and the others had said, she was still not sure if the were actually having their best collective interest on their mind.

“Whatever.” Asuka said in an overly nasal tone, signifying she was bored by this turn of events. “I have to get this one to get some decent clothing.”

“I think this is not something that should be a priority.” Shamhsel said, pointedly, turning to look at the redhead with an impassive expression, which made Asuka snort at her.

“That’s because you have no sense of decency. Every normal person knows that walking around naked is not something you should be doing!”

Shamshel looked down at her current clothing before shrugging in the same way she had seen the redhead done before, mimicking to some extent her actions. “You can go ahead and look for a more suitable wardrobe for me then. I will stay here and assist them with Ramiel.” She said as she turned back to Ritsuko and Maya. Asuka watched the angel and grounded her teeth before grumbling and following her.

“Whatever, if you wanna parade yourself around and make all those perverts try and molest you I will not help you ward them off.”

“I doubt they will try anything and if they do I feel capable of dealing with them myself.” Shamshel said, not even bothering to ask the redhead what she meant when using the words ‘perverts’ and ‘molest’.

“I actually think Shamhsel is right on this. Ensuring our survival should take precedent over such trivial things such as clothing.” Ritsuko said, going out, followed by Maya who had remained silent, trying to not garner anyone’s attention. “In any event we should probably worry more about other things like our current infrastructure, as well as our resources.”

“Why?” Asuka asked grumbling. “We have food.”

“How long will that last?” Ritsuko said simply as the four females walked down the hall, and turning to the stairs. "On that same note, we need to start rationing our food supply; that means all food must be done in such a way that nothing is left to waste."

It was the smell Shamshel picked that made her frown and look a bit sick at the pungent smell of spices and food combined.

"What is that smell?"

Ritsuko was the first one to realize what that smell meant, memories of other times and places coming forth. “Oh shit, she’s cooking.”

Asuka too, noticed the smell and paled at the notion of who was in charge of feeding them, silently praying someone else, preferably Shinji, would take it upon themselves to feed them. She frowned as her thought shifted form the mundane to something more intimate, wondering how Shinji was after what had happened, and feeling somewhat guilty for not being besides him, before she rationalized it as only natural, since Misato had been with him, and she had to look after Kyoko.

“What is that?” She questioned, noticing how the blond and the redhead had stopped with a look of worry on each their faces.

“An accident waiting to happen.” Ritsuko mumbled, followed by Asuka’s soft “Or worse.”

Ritsuko turned to both teenagers, eying Shamshel critically. “Maybe Asuka is right, Ramiel is currently resting, and we need to check on the rest to see how they are evolving. Perhaps in the meantime we should start organizing ourselves in tasks, We need to make an inventory of how much water and food we have, which of it is perishable, and if we have any supply center nearby.”

Asuka nodded, understanding suddenly that this was not, in fact, a camping trip. This as real; they were trying to survive and they should all pitch in, herself included.

“I’ll go and check how much food and drinking water we have.” Asuka said as she began to go up the stairs.

Ritsuko nodded. “I’ll talk to Misato and the rest of the grownups, we need to start planning for any eventuality, this building can give us some sort of protection, but we also need to think of changing to a more stable location.” She said, her mind immediately trying to come with a worst case scenario and it’s contingencies and plans.

“We need to check the layout of what is left. Get more supplies as needed, preferably canned food with an expiration date of a year or so. We also need to find fresh water sources in case we ran out of bottled water and ways of purifying it as well.”

She stopped short as the smell of whatever it was they were cooking began to change into something more pleasant, making their stomachs grumble and protest, asking loudly for substance.

“In the meantime we need to eat and then begin laying out and organizing ourselves.”

Shamshel had stopped short at this, feeling a familiar presence nearby, noticing as the blond the redhead and the brunette kept walking up the stairs, the sounds of their conversation, mixed with laughter and good natured conversation coming forth.

Asuka, meanwhile made her way to the apartment, a few steps ahead of Ritsuko and Maya, entering the door only to see...

"Stooges." Asuka said is as much a subdued tone as she could muster, taking in the homely atmosphere; Rei and Misato cooking, Kensuke and Toji goofing around, before she looked at Ritsuko and Maya behind her.

Without saying anything else, she looked at Misato who simply nodded and made a motion to her head to Shinji's room, answering Asuka's unspoken question, and watching as the redhead took a couple of plates filled wiht the home cooked meal, taking them towards Shinji's room, stopping at the door, cautiously opening it, before she made her way to the boy, and sat there next to him, waiting for him to wake up.

She wasn't disappointed as minutes later, she heard Shinji mumbling in his sleep before his eyes slowly opened up.

"H-hey..." Asuka said softly, before taking Shinji's hand. "I brought you something to eat."

/////

Shamshel stayed behind, walking as if in a trance to where the presence felt stronger, getting inside the other room, noticing the figure of Sachiel; he was laying down but he felt troubled, moving around as if he were being attacked. Shamshel frowned and knelt next to him, before looking back the door and, after making sure no one was there, she took of his jacket, putting it to his body and brushing the hair that was sticking to his mask, damp with sweat, a sense of… something making her reach forward and grab his hand, trying to in some way make him feel protected.

She got up, remembering what Asuka had said about nudity and for the first time Shamhsel felt awkward, being naked and in such close proximity to Sachiel, looking around the room and finding a spare gym uniform nearby, walking to it and looking at it, before deciding it would suit her for the time being to cover her body. She had enough common sense to put on the shirt and bloomers, noticing the felt a bit constraining, mainly die to the fact they were probably one size too short for her but also feeling they would work in case she needed to do any sort of physical activity.

Shamshel turned back to where Sachiel was and still felt him feel anxious about something. And silently went to sit next to him, holding his hand to try and calm him some.

“Here, I brought you something to eat.” The soft voice made her turn around, noticing Maya with two plates of something that smelled good, but Shamshel made no intention of reaching them, only taking them after Maya had deposited them on the floor and walked away, before she took one for herself and began to eat slowly, marveling at the taste and wondering if she should wake Sachiel up to give him his portion.

Slowly, she kept eating, keeping her eyes on Sachiel, wondering why she felt that way.

[Well, that should start us into trying to organize us all into surviving, guess Ritsuko and Akira will have a very pleasant conversation about this.]
Last edited by Eric Blair on Fri May 02, 2008 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
In this time of Rebuild, I'm proud to be one of the few fans of the original NGE, and one of the last proud fans of Asuka Langley Soryu.
Avatar: A fighting boy meets girl on a one night stand, walking into the blue, ending day by day as they dance in a very merry Christmas, continuing on my own as a burning one man force while you come and make my day approaching in the nick of time and always, stand by me.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:43 pm

The dream continued...

In a park, early dawn, the morning fog still hovering around a playground. Two children, one a boy, the other a girl, were skipping around having a good time. A mother sat a bench watching, with a smile on her face. Without warning, a giant black foot came and crushed the park and everything around it. Sachiel's foot. And he just continued on like nothing happened.

Monster

Next, he was in nothingness, black everywhere. He, in Lilin form once again, floated naked staring at a scaled down image of himself, an Angel. For the longest time, they just stared at each other, not doing anything else, until the Angel grew bigger and bigger, or Sachi just shrunk smaller and smaller, or both. Until Lilin Sachiel was an insignificant spec compared to his Angel self.

--

In reality, something grabbed his hand. Something warm and comforting...

--

Then he was with Shamshel, simply walking down the beach line. His arm around hers, but not because he was using her for support, but as if he just wanted to hold her, to have all of her, to protect her. He was held close by her arm around his lower back. His shadow was normal...

Slowly, his siblings began popping up, appearing out of nowhere and walking besides them. Friendly conversation soon filled the air and Sachiel couldn't help be smile. They weren't hiking anywhere in particular, just walking, having fun, enjoying the day. The sun shone brightly through the partially clouded atmosphere, just as Sachiel's current joy could be seen through his mask.

Mother was no where to be seen...

[Edited so that the dream continues, and he doesn't wake up just yet/]
Last edited by Sachi on Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:01 pm

“It must be some sort of fluctuating manifestation of the A.T. Field! Instead of just protecting the host, it can also mutate to an endless number of things! THIS IS AWESOME!”

Toji shook his head. “Honestly, Kensuke...” He glanced at the 'ring of fire' again. “Hmm... A.T. Field, huh?” He could still remember a handful of things about them from his extremely brief … training, but, yeah... That had just been a forcefield or something. Nothing like this.

“Rei!” Kensuke again... “Face over here and smile for the camera! I want to get every second of this!”

Ayanami's just givin' that blank stare. At least some things don't change.

“Hello, you two.” Misato's babe-a-licious face turned to him and Kensuke. “How's it going?”

Toji smiled stupidly and threw an arm behind his head. “Well... not a whole lot has changed in five minutes.”

“Sheesh...did you have to pick the top floor!?” Kensuke quickly complained.

“Yeah...” Toji said, somewhat more mildly. “We had to leave Sachi-kun” — 'Sachi-kun', that sounded funny... — “down there. He seemed hurt... like, he was limpin' and stuff, so... I feel kinda bad...”

Misato's response indicated that Shinji was clearly on her mind, so she could probably care less about an Angel. He wondered what the big deal with Shinji was this time... but he didn't say nothin'.

“If there's anything we can do, I'll be more than happy to oblige!” Kensuke called out.

Misato nodded. “Thanks, Aida-kun.”

“Oh, uh, yeah,” Toji murmured demurely, “me... too...”

“Then, could you one of you please help with cooking the rice and the other with getting the curry mix together? I'm cutting up the chicken while Rei's taking care of the corn.” With a wink and a giggle, “Anyway, I'll do what I can to impress you with my cooking.”

As soon as she was distracted for a moment, Toji whispered to his friend, “'Impress us with her cooking'? You've heard Shinji's stories, right?”

But Kensuke didn't seem to hear him.

((I.e., Kensuke is receiving the telepathic messages in TAO's last post. I guess.))

((EDIT: And now some more. LOL TIMESKIP!!! Some of this post has been displaced into my next one for optimum flow.))

Maya looked around the room. Asuka was already nowhere to be seen, but there were many others... “Major Katsuragi... Toji Suzuhara...” Then, addressing Kensuke, “You're one of the boys who entered Eva-01's entry plug when the 4th Angel attacked. And—” She finally regarded the remaining individual, “Rei, but how...?”

Ritsuko grunted, almost inaudibly. “I'm at a loss to explain it myself.” Then, trying to distract herself from the presence of The Thing, she approached her old friend and offered the most casual greeting she had.

“It's been a while, Misato.”
Last edited by Reichu on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:47 pm

(OOC: First post of somewhat bitter Shinji. Let the fun begin! By the way, this post was written with the combined effort of Shinji and Asuka's controllers.)

Mumbling about something in his sleep, he didn't remember what upon awaking, Shinji opened his eyes and blinked. The first thing he noticed in his immediate field of vision was Asuka, sitting on the side of his bed. She was holding a plate of good smelling plate of chicken curry-rice with corn and other vegetables. Asuka? He blinked again, somewhat surprised. What was she doing here?

"H-hey..." Asuka said softly, before taking Shinji's hand. "I brought you something to eat."

"Asuka....", he began in an equal soft voice, not knowing what else to say. "Um...hi." Well, it was a start.

Thinking about his dream, the boy realized something. He felt calm and relaxed after seeing his mother--whether it was an actual message from her or not, God only knows--and yet.... And yet, he felt somewhat betrayed and angry at the others for what they did: leaving him all alone for so long, thinking life could just pick up right where it left off. Or even worse: that a clean slate would be best so not to acknowledge-mostly his own--fucks up in the past.

Letting out a breath, Shinji shook his head, lost in his head. What would he say to her? What could he say to her? After everything, after both of them just pretending like him strangling her or Instrumentality--the melding of everybody's mind--didn't happen. Nor the events prior.

Apparently, denial isn't just a river in Egypt, the brown-haired boy thought bitterly to himself.

"Um...I already ate", he quietly began. He motioned to the half empty bowl of rice and edamame left for Akira for emphasis.

"Oh", Asuka replied, blushing slightly.

"But", Shinji added as he managed an awkward smile at the dish, "that sure looks and smells good." Taking the plate, the boy managed to ask in as nonchalantly as he could muster, "Who made it?"

"Rei, I think. I think Misato might have something to do there... b-but when I came in, Rei was helping her so..."

Shinji froze, chopsticks in hand, about to enter his mouth, with a piece of chicken curry between them. "I hope I don't get food poisoning", he muttered.

"I uh... I can try it for you... I mean, I know Misato's cooking is horrible enough to qualify as a bio-weapon." Both more than aware of the awkward silence, Asuka let out a sigh before putting the plate next to her. "Look Shinji, we need to talk."

He nodded in agreement.

"Listen...about what happened before..." Asuka tentatively tried to reach for his hand, stopping short. She put her hands in her lap instead. "I know this is hard for us all..." The redhead shook her head, adding, "I mean, where did we go wrong?" Blue met blue. "Sometimes I don't know if you are even here with me or not...a-and other times...Other times I'm not sure we should be here..."

Shinji was at a loss on what to say, so he decided to just listen instead.

"I've been thinking...about what we did, and we said to each other a-and I mean..." Their eyes locked, intently as Asuka asked, "D-did you mean it? D-did you?"

"Mean what?" Shinji was looking at the girl somewhat blankly, confused. Asuka blushed as Shinji added with a sigh, "So...sorry. I'm still not feeling all that well..."

The girl frowned at that. "Yeah...I bet... And, this is also something I need to tell you. About mama...she is sick...a-and she didn't mean it..."

Shinji yet again didn't respond. He was too lost in his own thoughts.... Not understanding what or how he should feel after being betrayed like that.

"Look, can you...", Asuka began, noticing the boy wasn't replying. Frowning, she angrily continued, "Are you gonna just sit there and not say anything? Well?! SAY SOMETHING DAMMIT!!"

In a quiet voice, Shinji shook his head to himself. "...What do you want me to say?"

"I don't know!", the redhead was desperately trying to fight back tears. "Do you even care?"

"YES! I care about you a lot, and--" Noticing she was trying not to cry, Shinji reached out to hold her, against his better judgment.

Shaking her head, the girl pushed him away from his arms. "No, wait. Let me finish..."

Nodding weakly in reply, Shinji found himself staring at the blankets covering him up. A soft hand suddenly rested on top of his. Blinking, Shinji looked up, noticing Asuka's serious expression.

"Shinji. So you...I mean...Do you think we should be together?"

His eyes widened at that, not expecting that question. If I'm honest with myself, I know it's what my heart wants, and yet.... Staring back into Asuka's eyes after being lost in his own thoughts, Shinji's hand held Asuka's, their fingers slowly but gradually interlacing. "I know that I want to be with you, but whether or not we should--"

"What I'm trying to say is this," the German girl interjected while reaching out to hold him. Shinji flinched at that, pulling away slightly. The pair both frowned. "Ma...maybe we need to take it slowly...", Asuka finished.

Shinji's voice grew cold. "Why bother dating at all?"

"I'm not saying that we shouldn't date!" Sighing yet again, Asuka smiled bitterly. "It's just...we don't have the best of chances, do we? Never had to begin with."

"Then, what should we do?" Shinji felt absolutely miserable as he let that question hang in the air.

Overhearing the moments of yelling between Asuka and Shinji, Misato let out a frown. I hope they'll be okay. I have no problem with them dating, because I know they're good kids, I just... She frowned slightly. They're just so young... I don't want to see them hurt.

Shaking her head, Misato sighed quietly to herself. I know I'm pushing away my guilt by acting cheerful, but right now I need to care for my kids. All of them, not just Shinji and Asuka. Thinking about what to do with my "family" 's problems as well as my own can wait.

“It's been a while, Misato,” , a causal voice broke the woman out of her thoughts.

With a start, Misato turned to greet her old friend. "Ritsuko...", she began, feeling awkward. At length, she cautiously said, "....It's been a while.", waiting for Ritsuko to respond.

The fake blonde glanced at the various signs of food preparation. “Good to see that some things haven't changed. Planning to poison us all with your cooking, as always?”

The purple haired woman couldn't help but laugh wholeheartedly at that, her worries already melting away. "Don't worry, Rei, Touji-kun and Kensuke-kun helped me." She gestured to the blue-haired girl who was quietly preparing the meal.

"We already have a few plates made, so feel free to dig in already. I was actually thinking that everybody--including the tenants who haven't eat yet--could maybe meet up and have a discussion on how we should survive together. Seeing as Smith-kun couldn't gather us all up last night... What do you all think?"

Misato flinched at the memory of hearing about what happened to Shinji, but brushed it off. She HAD to focus on everybody's survival. Now was the worst possible time to be selfish.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 01, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:43 pm

((Some dialogue retroactively added from SSD's next post.))

Misato seemed to break out of a daze. “Ri-Ritsuko...”

Hmm, this was a little awkward...

“...It's been a while,” she went on.

Ritsuko nodded simply, then looked around at the various signs of food preparation and what appeared to be at least one finished dish. “Good to see that some things haven't changed.” She shot a wry smile at Misato, one eyebrow raised. “Planning to poison us all with your cooking, as always?”

Surprisingly, Misato laughed. It was actually a welcome sound. Reassuring, even. “Don't worry. Rei, Suzuhara-kun, and Aida-kun helped me.” The ex-major indicated the blue-haired girl, who was quietly engaged in cookery.

Ritsuko glanced at Rei through eyes narrowed for a single moment. Rei was up and about already. How... disappointing. At the edge of her vision, she could also see the former Fourth Children edging away, slowly. Well, she couldn't blame him.

“We already have a few plates made,” Misato continued, “so feel free to dig in already.”

“Maya and I actually ate not that long ago, but I suppose I might have a small helping...” She started looking around idly for the penguin. Maybe the food could be tested for safety on him first... But she didn't even know if the penguin was here. Drat.

“I was actually thinking that everybody — including the tenants who haven't eaten yet — could maybe meet up and have a discussion on how we should survive together. Seeing as Smith-kun couldn't gather us all up last night... What do you all think?”

Ritsuko could only really think about how dreadfully early in the morning it had to be, and how much she direly needed her coffee and cigarettes. But the coffee especially.

It was necessary. To survive.

“Are you all right, Sempai?” Maya asked.

Ritsuko kneaded her brow for a moment. “I'm fine. I just need... Well, never mind.”

“Ah... Well... I think it's a good idea, Major Katsuragi. Ritsuko-sempai also mentioned the need to discuss those sorts of things, right before we came up here.” Maya looked around. “It's a little small to fit everyone, though, isn't it? Aren't there supposed to be a lot more people than this? Including the Angels?”

“Maybe... we can somehow force everyone to congregate in that large lobby downstairs once we're done eating,” Ritsuko said. “Smith-kun's shout tactics obviously don't work, but I suppose alternating doses of polite persuasion and brute strength might.”

Misato nodded solemnly. “I agree completely. ” Another welcome thing to hear... “Although....” She merely trailed off.

Ritsuko cocked an eyebrow. “'Although...'?”

“So, Misato-san...” Toji's voice appeared out of nowhere. “If we're gonna stay up here and finish eating, is it okay if I take something down to Sachiel and the others?”

Misato smiled and gave a slight nod in reply. "Of course. Just don't go off too far — it'll get lonely without you and Kensuke-kun around.”

“If it's alright... I'd like to help,” Maya offered. “This would be a good opportunity for me to meet some of them. The Angels, I mean.”

“Oh...” Toji glanced at Kensuke in that guess-you'll-be-staying-here sort of way. “Fine with me. It's, uh... Ibuki-san, right?”

She smiled and bowed curtly. “Yes, I'm Maya Ibuki. We didn't meet under the best of circumstances before, but it's nice to see you again.”

“Same here, ma'am.”

They collected a few plates and departed.

Afterwards, Ritsuko eyed the concoction warily for a few moments before deciding “to hell with it” — her stomach would likely be exposed to many horrifying things in the coming months, anyway. She nabbed a helping and sat down in the chair farthest from Rei.

I'm just acting silly... She peered at the quiet girl from the corner of an eye, still unable to suppress those deeply-embedded feelings of... Wait, what was that? Her ears perked up. Voices in a room nearby. “Is that Asuka and Shinji-kun?”

Misato rubbed the back of her neck and cast an awkward glance at the floor. “Yeah... I'm not certain what's going on, but I think it's wise to let them work things out for themse—”

Suddenly, somebody walked into the room, and Ritsuko made a quick survey. A rather tall, thin man with short, scruffy purple hair. Looked to be middle-aged or so. The angular biseinen face betrayed a heavy degree of fatigue — apparently he needed some coffee, too.

Ritsuko felt like she'd seen this guy somewhere before. In fact, she felt stupid for not being able to immediately recognize him.

“Hello, Father,” Misato greeted. “Are things alright?”

He released a weary hum of affirmation. “They're a bit sleepless and hungry, but they're alright.” He smiled tiredly. “I see you've been busy here, and that I need to make a few introductions as well...”

“'Father'?” Ritsuko repeated at last. Hmm, now that she looked again... he was somewhat obviously her father, wasn't he? And that meant... Yes, of course. An excited smile spread on her face. “So you're Dr. Katsuragi?”

“Ah... Yes, indeed, I am.” He regarded her for a moment in apparent thought. “Are you... Akagi?”

Ritsuko rose out of her chair, leaving the unfinished plate behind. “Ritsuko Akagi, former head of Nerv's science division, and acquaintance of Misato Katsuragi,” she indicated Misato, “since her graceless college days.” She tipped her head. “A pleasure to meet you, Dr. Katsuragi.”

He looked taken aback. “Is it really?”

“Of course. Don't underestimate your own importance.”

“Truth to tell, I don't know the full extent of my legacy, since I...” He scratched the back of his head. “...missed out on all those years. I'll be happy to discuss it with you later... ah... Dr. Aka—”

“'Ritsuko' is fine.”

“...Ritsuko. But, actually, I need your help with something. You have some medical training, I understand?”

“Yes, some.”

“One of the individuals involved in the incident earlier slipped through the cracks. She's in one of the nearby apartments. Shinji needs to be checked, too, but... unlike him, she hasn't woken up yet.”

“I see," Ritsuko said. “Well,” — she nabbed a final bite off her plate — “lead the way, then.”

Dr. Katsuragi nodded. “Be back soon, Misato. Hopefully this won't take too long...”
Last edited by Reichu on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:47 pm

(Catch-up completed! Let's-a go!)

Arael couldn't sleep, and she knew why. That damnedable male Lilin with the glasses, the nerve of him... She had kept just enough self control to not bisect him vertically. All she could think about was what he had said, and continued to run the confrontation through her mind over and over.

"Damn it... we need to make peace with them and all I can think about is killing the boy for one mistake of tact... If I had done so, I would have been no better than him... no, that would have been worse. Hopefully he's got the message, now..."

And still, now that her mind had cleared, she still couldn't sleep. Only one thing to do...

And with that, she headed out towards the entrance. Maybe looking at the stars would help.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:10 pm

(OOC: Good to have you back, Omega! ^_^)

“Smith-kun's shout tactics obviously don't work, but I suppose alternating doses of polite persuasion and brute strength might.”

Misato nodded solemnly. "I agree completely. If we're going to be make it in this new life of ours, we need to put aside our differences and figure out how to peacefully-peace being the key word here--survive. Although...." The woman couldn't help but flinch at the memory of what Asuka's mother did to Shinji. ...what do we do in the case of somebody like Soryu-san, Asuka's mother? Would she agree to our meeting and keep her anger at Shinji-kun in check?

“So, Misato-san...”, Touji suddenly said. “If we're gonna stay up here and finish eating, is it okay if I take something down to Sachiel and the others?”

Smiling at the former Fourth Children, Misato gave a slight nod in reply. "Of course. Just don't go off too far, it'll get lonely without you and Kensuke-kun around." The woman flashed the pair of boys a pearly-white smile at that. Hehe...teasing them is great fun!

“Is that Asuka and Shinji-kun?”

Rubbing the back of her neck, the purple haired woman stared awkwardly at the floor. "Yeah...I'm not certain what's going on, but I think it's wise to let them work things out for themse---"

Before Misato could finish, Dr. Katsuragi suddenly entered the apartment.
Regarding him, Misato asked, "Hello, father. Are things alright?"

Misato sighed to herself, letting the conversation between Akira and Ritsuko fade into the background. She put together a few more plates of chicken curry-rice before stirring up a new batch of chicken inside the pan with a spoon. She felt strangely at peace while cooking, thinking about nothing in particular...Knowing that despite the somewhat troubling circumstances that already occurred, that life would take care of itself.

“Be back soon, Misato. Hopefully this won't take too long...”

Back still turned, busy with taking care of the tenants' unusual breakfast, Misato replied with an "Okay then. I'll see you both soon." as confirmation.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Thu May 01, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:08 pm

(Ok, if someone else isn't gonna do it, I will.)

All of a sudden Bardiel just collapsed, hitting the sand quite hard. Kaji ran up to him, and checked his breathing, which was just fine. He was just unconscious. Kaji let out a breath of relief. I'd hate to have somebody die on my watch, even if it was a juvenile Angel. "Well, let's get the big guy back before something else happens." Kaji picked him up and hung him over his shoulder, Bardiel's leg dragged along the sand. "Here, grab his other arm and help me carry him." Leliel did so, after grabbing Bardiel's stuff and securing it in her opposite arm. And started walking back to the apartments.

"Been a tough day, huh? How are you holding up?" Kaji directed the question to Leliel, who had been silent the whole time. Kaji noted that she was a lot tougher than she looked and didn't seem to be straining herself carrying the big lug. She had a stern look in her eye that Kaji respected in her and several other Angels, she was focused.

Then he directed his gaze to Bardiel. He looked remarkably similar to Toji. Is it because of the incident with Unit-03? It really is true, Bardiel is just a parasite looking for a new host. At least now he can't switch bodies. Kaji smiled, hope for the small group of people glimmered in his eyes, hope that they would survive...together. Angel and Lilin.

Kaji smiled because he knew it would be too good to be true.

--

From tossing and turning in his sleep, Sachiel now had relaxed in his movement, thanks to somebody with him, comforting him, making everything better, even if he didn't consciously know it. His frown lessened, and his breathing slowed to normal, but he was still out cold.

--

"Of course. Just don't go off too far, it'll get lonely without you and Kensuke-kun around."

"Yes Ma'am! C'mon Toji, we got to get this food to the others!" Kensuke grabbed all the plates he could carry, all had their separate servings of food, and made Toji do the same and they rushed out of the room to go downstairs to the Angels. Wanting to be of some use, Maya also grabbed a few plates and came down.

When they got there, they were hushed by the Angels in the kitchen. "Sachiel is sleeping. Shamshel already went in there with food for both of them." Said one pale white one with a jacket. Smith's jacket.

"Oh, well that's fine. We got food for guys too though. Here ya go!" Kensuke placed the plates of food on the kitchen table, but the Angels were reluctant. "Listen...sorry about earlier. I didn't mean it like that. I think you guys are wonderful and amazing. And it's awesome that you're human now and we can talk! But, yeah...I'm very, very sorry. Forgive me." Kensuke bowed, showing his respect, hoping that they would accept his apology.
Last edited by Sachi on Fri May 02, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Sachi

Eric Blair
Alberto del Rio
Alberto del Rio

Postby Eric Blair » Fri May 02, 2008 1:42 am

(@AT-kun: I hope you don't mind but I added this one brief Shinji thing you forgot about. ~SSD)

“Then what should we do?”

Asuka frowned at that. It wasn’t so much the question or who had made it that made it feel so heavy.

No, that was a lie. It was the question, and who had made it, but it also was the future that was laid before her and Shinji’s eyes, and Asuka knew that any answer she could give will be a breakpoint from here on.

So Asuka decided to be as truthful as she could.

“Look Shinji...” she began, soft words and low tones, unsure for a very long time of what to say, or what to do. Asuka knew she could go back to how she had been, go back to being an explosive girl, always trying to hide her true feelings behind a perennial mask of anger and conceit.

But it felt like she would be cheating both Shinji and herself.

“I love you, I really do...” Asuka began, looking down at her hands on her lap. “But I've just been given a second chance at living with Mama, a-and I want to be with her, too...” she trailed off, not looking up… not wanting to see Shinji’s face as she kept focusing on how to make him understand.

“I don’t want to chose... and I hate it...” She trailed off, waiting for Shinji to do something, say something… before she let a soft sigh and got up.

"Ju...just tell me." His sudden words made Asuka stop, curious. "Why?" He shook, expression cold and eyes wet, meeting hers. "Why did you betray me, Asuka?!" Standing up, he reached out for her neck with his hands--unsure if he wanted to hurt her or hug her--choosing the latter option. His hands "missed" her neck as his face and hands landed into the girl's soft, warm chest instead. "Why weren't you by my side when I needed you most?" he whimpered.

Voice cracking as he began to sob, Shinji added, "I hate this so much! I'm really si...ck but nobody's helping me fully get better! Wh...why do I even bother with living after everything? Nothing's been a truly happy moment, constant pain is always there or soon follows! I..." he trailed off, too weary to speak anymore. The brown haired boy brokenly sobbed into her soft chest.

“This was a mistake...” the redhead whispered, looking down, trembling, as she made her way towards the door. “I should just let you sleep.”

“Asuka! Wait!” Shinji said as he caught up with half way, making her stop. “I'm sorry, okay? I'm...sorry!”

Asuka turned to him, and on her face was a smile remembering all those times he had said the same words, and how familiar it felt to have him back, at least under these circumstances.

“Look, we have too much right now going on.” Asuka started, noticing Shinji was simply staring at her, nodding but not adding anything else. “And besides... we need to start focusing on surviving, but…”

Shinji looked up as the German teenager trailed off, taking his hand, while she intertwined her fingers with his, smiling the faintest and slightest of smiles.

“I still want to be with you...” she said softly, her voice just barely above the sound of a whisper, and Shinji smiled back, blushing.

“I want that, too. I really, honestly do, Asuka...”

It was the way he said it, softly, mirroring her own attitude the same fragile whispers that paradoxically made it feel stronger. Something Asuka had often noticed on the boy in front; when the chips were down, when the going got tough, when there was only one way out, Shinji would stick to it.

He might moan, and he might run away, but he would stop halfway running, curse himself and then turn around, running back to do what was needed and expected of him.

Expectations.

Something that Asuka had began to understand so late.

“Look... I promise you this... no matter what happens, and come what may, I promise to be with you.”

Shinji’s face became bright red at Asuka’s words. “A-Asuka...”

Asuka blinked, before her mind reacted to her words, making her blush the same color as Shinji did. “Stop it! Not like that!”

And just like that both Shinji and Asuka were back to being young kids; managing to smile, laughing at little things.

“Not like what? You're all red in the face...”

“Idiot! You're thinking perverted things! Stop that!”

“Asuka...” Shinji said simply, softly, making the redhead look at him, his face inching slowly at hers before his lips touched hers in soft, chaste kiss that couldn’t have lasted for more than 5 seconds before he pulled off, breaking away, but still keeping his face inches apart from her.

“I promise, too, that no matter what happens, I'll be there for you. And...that hopefully, we can find some way to always stay as a couple.”

He took her hand and looped his fingers around hers, before he closed it tightly, clenching his fist into hers, and Asuka felt like nothing would be able to pull them apart.

“Asuka, you're the only woman I want, and I promise you that until the day I die I'll be yours and yours alone,” Shinji finished, his face blushing before quickly adding an afterthought. “Um! I-if that's okay, of course!”

“B-baka... Of course it's alright,” Asuka stammered out before she looked at their hands, a slight frown marring her features. “Maybe it would also be a good idea to not be so close with Mama around.”

Shinji nodded, looking sad at that. “That's fine. I...don't want her to hate me.”

Asuka was about to nod before she caught his whispered last word.

“That is, not anymore than she already does.”

Asuka stood like that, not saying anything, simply feeling Shinji’s hand on her before she turned around, pulling him behind her.

“C’mon, Baka. We need to start helping the others survive.”

---

Shamshel kept simply staring at Sachiel, wondering what would have made him behave like this. Was he worried? Was he scared? What sort of dreams was he having?

She had seen his hand twitching, as if trying to grab onto something and she slowly pressed her fingers on his, before he caught a hold of them, clutching and yet, Shamshel never felt the urge to let go, she simply stayed like that, watching Sachiel’s hand clutching hers tightly, amazed at how such a superficial contact was enough to calm her sibling.

Cold, red eyes analyzed it, trying to understand what was going on, why her hand touching his hand instantly seemed to quell whatever was ailing Sachiel, and all the while Shamshel never felt the silent intruder creeping up on her.

She never realized before it was too late and she felt her lips, curving up slightly.

That’s when she realized she was smiling as Sachiel’s breathing became more and more regular and steady.

[This Shinji/Asuka has been done in collaboration with teh SSD. Sachi Should really wake up in the nearby future or Shammy will start to get bored and wonder off, maybe a quick stroll down the beach, encounter a certain Angel that seems to be the clone of a certain jock.]

Return to “Role-Playing Related”