[RP]A Post Third-Impact World ~Session 1~

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:00 am

(OOC: Another surprise?)

Ayanami Rei of the Black Moon

Yes, I know I'm crying...I know that...I...I...

Rei showing concern for me? How sweet...

Compassion....helping others...putting people's priorities as of more importance than one's own...

"So, what can I do to help you?"

"I need...many Lilin are hungry.You can help me in Shinji's apartment to cook for the for them later...at least until we exhaust our food supplies."
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:45 pm

(OOC: The closest to any Rei/Misato action you'll get in this thread! :smirk: )

"I need...many Lilin are hungry. You can help me in Shinji's apartment to cook food for them later...at least until we exhaust our food supplies."

The purple haired women nodded in agreement at that, becoming all business. "Of course. But things will be difficult since the power is out. It's best to just do what we can right now, at any rate. If worse comes to worse, we can always go into town and get some supplies: bottled water, matches, can openers, canned food, dried food, that sort of thing."

Rei said nothing; she only continued to silently cry. Relaxing her posture, letting out a quiet sigh, Misato's expression softened at that. She only just noticed how truly tired Rei looked: some slight bags were under her eyes, although her facial expression was neutral as always. And yet, something about Rei's behavior left an impression of sadness...more so then usual.

Gentle brown eyes deeply locked with wet, red ones. "Rei."

"What is it that you need most right now? You may be Lilith, but...you can't expect yourself to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders; to do things all by yourself. That's not fair to yourself or anyone else."

The former Major of Nerv proceeded to wrap her arms around the blue-haired girl's back in an embrace, momentarily stroking Rei's soft hair as she pressed the Angel's forehead against her shoulder.

Misato whispered into the girl's ear: "It's alright, Rei. You don't have to hurt all by yourself. Everybody's here for you. You are not alone."

Not knowing what else to say, Misato went back to simply hugging the girl, hoping to give her some comfort.

Rei...I know I don't know you very well, but...Just like I'm here for Shinji-kun and Asuka, I'm here for you, too.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:20 pm

((EB: Maya is not in fact in the front lobby; she went off to fetch “Sempai” a number of posts ago. Speaking of whom, I'm going to take the liberty of making a crappy Minimal God Post to jolt the two characters out of Buffering Mode. If/when their controllers show up again, they can fill in details and such on what the heck their characters had been doing, and what they're thinking, or whatever.))

Maya successfully located Ritsuko, and — after possible distractions this writer will not attempt to elaborate upon — they at last set back to the front lobby, hoping Smith or any other informed person would be there and capable of providing further direction. However, before they actually got that far, Maya pointed out Asuka and this other girl she didn't recognize, who appeared to be exiting a stairway carrying a somewhat unconscious- and injured-looking young lady (again whom she didn't recognize).

Ritsuko entered Professional Scientist Mode and quickly ran up to the two. “Asuka,” she addressed, then drew a blank with the other girl. By the candlelight, she made a quick assessment of the girl's features, and supposed that— “and, might you be Shamshel?” Ritsuko noted the third girl's burns and cuts. She lightly felt one of the burns — still warm. “Girls, wait here one moment.”

She dashed into the nearest apartment unit and checked the bathroom's facilities. Luckily, there was a mobile shower head, and, despite the fact that the power had gone out, some water seemed to still be available through the pipes. Ritsuko set down her candle and went back out. “Girls, thanks for bringing her this far. Maya, could you help me carry her the rest of the way?”

“Y-yes, Sempai!”

There was an awkward trade-off, and Ritsuko and Maya brought the girl into the bathroom and set her into the shower. The blond-haired girl was already naked, for some reason, which simplified matters. They started to run cold water — precious water — over the burns, as economically as possible. Any conversation between the two ladies that might occur at this time will not be furnished.

What could Asuka and Shamshel be doing? Will they come to help out Ritsuko and Maya, or...?

((I can't actually remember if Ritsuko has ever seen Ramiel without the helmet on...

Assuming Doctor Memory and BobBQ don't pick up, I wonder if anyone would care if I continued dragging their characters through this "Check Up On the Patients Mini-Arc".))
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:02 pm

((At long last, the two other stooges return! So, to make up a bullshit story about where they've been and to bring them back to the current timeline...))

Toji wanted to distract himself from his troubling recollections of the past, and Kensuke wasn't having much success interviewing the Angels. So, the two snuck off together to wander around the town and its periphery, with Kensuke documenting the various indications of Third Impact on his handy Sony Super 8. Of course, he eventually ran out of batteries, and data discs, and somehow convinced Toji that going on a dogged search to replenish his supply was a good idea. Soon enough, they became quite lost, and quite tired, and they didn't find a single thing for Kensuke's camcorder, either.

When that glowing thing flew up into the sky and, apparently, exploded, Kensuke was quite upset that he couldn't get footage of it.

“The hell was that?” Toji said after the fireworks had cleared.

Kensuke pointed excitedly. “It came from over there! C'mon!”

After a decent bout of running, with Kensuke lagging behind at points, they eventually spotted a familiar-looking building in the near-distance.

“The apartment!” Kensuke exclaimed.

“Man...” Toji huffed, “I thought we'd never find it again... This is all your fault, you moron!”

“My fault? It was your idea to leave the apartment in the first place, wasn't it?”

“Yeah, well...” Toji conceded. Hadn't they had this argument a few times already? He forgot. “Let's just hurry up and get there, eh?”

At LONG last, the two boys reached the current point in the stor— er, the apartment complex.

In the dim light, Toji could immediately see the American, Smith, standing there, albeit with the words “BUFFERING...” floating over his head. Hmm, better not mess with that... Looking the other way, he saw someone slumping against the wall, a skinny guy dressed in black, wearing a mask...

“Isn't that Sachiel?” Kensuke said, adjusting his glasses.

“Yeah, and he doesn't look too hot!” Toji ran on over. “Whoa, Sachiel, watcha doin'?” He forcibly propped himself under Sachiel's shoulder. “You look hurt or somethin'. Why the hell are you tryin' to walk?”

((Okay, Sachi_13, you can pick up with Kensuke now.))

Akira felt very strange. Enveloped by the boy's weak embrace... Why would this boy choose to hug a complete stranger? Had Akira really helped that much? For so long, he'd been a person who'd all but forgotten how to deal with his deepest emotional ailments. He'd accepted Shinji's thanks, but... Akira was no source of advice, no source of consolation. He couldn't help anyone...

Don't think so much.

Wise words...

Just go with the flow of things.

He released his inhibitions and allowed himself to return Shinji's hug. It didn't seem to much matter how the action could be misinterpreted by those looking for only the darkest intent in people's hearts. Contact was contact, touch was touch; used properly, it could provide reassurance on the most fundamental level.

Just who was this boy who wore the cross Akira had once carried close to his heart?

It was obvious that Shinji's traumata ran deep. Very deep. Their conversation had only revealed the vaguest glimpse. Even eliminating Third Impact from the equation, Akira's own personal problems in early adolescence undoubtedly paled in comparison. All things taken together, there was much about Shinji's condition to feel troubled about.

”You two are the same.” How were they alike? They seemed to share a propensity for crying, but that didn't necessarily mean much, especially if Shinji's regularly took the form of angry outbursts. In addition, there was a well-developed sense of self-hatred. Well, Akira could certainly relate to that...

He supposed this puzzle would have to be solved piece by piece. And what about Shinji's deep psychological wounds? What could be done about those?

Wounds... Well, first things first.

Akira parted from Shinji. “I know you managed to get through your first 'counseling session' without any apparent problems, but...” His face was earnest, but easy. “...what happened to you is 'serious business'. You might have gotten off lucky, or something might actually have been damaged, even if you aren't aware of it right now. Making you talk so much so soon probably wasn't the best idea...” He glanced off for a moment, then back again. “For the meantime, you should try to take it easy, on your voice — and on yourself. You've been through a lot, Shinji.”

He saw that Shinji got back into bed, and took the liberty of opening up the window a little, allowing the fresh pre-dawn air to enter the room. It had lightened up some more outside — a welcome sight, but, at the same time, a grim reminder of the fact that Akira had engaged in another sleepless night. Turning back to the boy, he said, “Is there anything I can get you? Water, whatnot?” He looked out the door into the empty living space beyond. “And our medic still isn't here. I guess I should find out what's going on with that, too...”
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:26 pm

“Whoa, Sachiel, watcha doin'?” A boy in a black jacket forced his weight under Sachiel, holding him up. “You look hurt or somethin'. Why the hell are you tryin' to walk?” Sachiel recognized the vocie. Toji Suzahara.

"I'm..." Sachiel winced in pain. "I'm hungry...Just going to get some food. Don't worry about me...I'm ok." Walking on his own strained him too much and he was hurting all over. "Where have you guys been?"

Kensuke spoke from behind him, camera in hand as if he were taping. He probably would've had his night vision on if he had batteries. "Don't ever turn down help when it's offered to you. There's just no livin' that way."

"Unless there's women involved." Toji noted.

Kensuke sighed. "If you say so. Toji and I were exploring the city. We saw a lot of interesting stuff, the whole place is in ruins! Then we were looking for extra batteries and film for my camera and Toji here got us lost. We've been spending the last few hours trying to find our way back. Then we saw this awesome glow of light come from this direction and shoot into the sky. We went in the direction it came from, thinking it was like a flare or something to signal any other survivors, and we found our way here!" Even after walking for hours on end, Kensuke still had it in him to talk up a storm. Then his stomach growled at him. "We should probably get some food too. Who knows how long it's been since we last ate."

Sachiel thought about what he said. "Don't ever turn down help when it's offered to you. There's just no livin' that way."..."Unless there's women involved." Then Sachiel remembered the basement. "Can...can you help me up?" Was that a mistake? Nevertheless, Sachiel smiled. "Sure, why not?"

Toji carried Sachiel to a nearby apartment. Kensuke followed behind before turning to Arael and Israfel. "Are you two hungry too? If you are then you should come along!" With that they were off. The other two Angels followed not far behind.
Last edited by Sachi on Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:56 pm

Lilith of the Black Water

"Of course. But things will be difficult since the power is out. It's best to just do what we can right now, at any rate. If worse comes to worse, we can always go into town and get some supplies: bottled water, matches, can openers, canned food, dried food, that sort of thing."

My tears won't stop flowing......hm...I never realized that I never sniff when I cry...

the tears are falling from my chin and sliding down my neck...Adam...why did you die now? You needed to convince me that this was possible...

"Rei."

My name. My human name. The name of a shell that cages a beast. The name that people know me by. The beast that watches everyone. The beast that keeps its eyes closed. The beast that watches itself.

"What is it that you need most right now?"

Nothing. Everything.

"You may be Lilith, but..."

Lilith. My other name. The mark of who I really am. I am whole again, but the familiar feeling of loneliness linger on. The mother of mankind is deserted by love.

"...you can't expect yourself to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders; to do things all by yourself. That's not fair to yourself or anyone else."

Does everything have to be fair and right with justice....she strokes my head and softly digs her shoulder into my forehead...a Lilin ceremony of...returning my compassion? I never received anything similar before...nothing....nothing...nothing...nothing-

"It's alright, Rei. You don't have to hurt all by yourself. Everybody's here for you. You are not alone."

I am not alone. Lies to cover the truth. I am alone, but everyone is around me. Nothing is forever...Adam is always remembered in my thoughts...my tears are wetting the cloth on her shoulder, and my lips are resting on her the upper portion of her breast...maybe I should move away before I speak to her.

I level my head, and unravel her arms from mine and leave them at her side, and step back once to give some space between her and I. Conscious societal taboos and matter itself keep us from being truely lonely....

for a moment I had peace and nirvana...but I gave it up...for him...and then I realized that I was being unfair...so the others returned so I could find a use for them...and I am still searching for their purpose, their usefulness to us...

"I believe I can manipulate my aura to create a fire...just a matter of...of.."

I haven't done this in years....the tears don't stop falling...I'm using myself...is that still being used?

Breaking and reforming....breaking and reforming...

I lift my hand level to my shoulders and a small blue flame appears in midair above my palm, flickering first, and then....I manipulate the flame to spread and cover a plate-sized circular area...mimicking a range. So. I haven't forgotten.

"...Yes, I can help you with cooking."

...? oh?...Katsuragi-san, help the others...I am alone. I'll survive now but... There is a soft taste of salt between my lips, and the tears aren't faltering at all. They are falling down my shirt. My face remains emotionless but..

I don't feel very well.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:39 pm

“Damn, it's so dark in here!” Toji finally observed as he eased Sachiel into a chair at the kitchen table. “So you guys lost power too, eh? We were lookin' around in this one store when all the lights went out. Gettin' out of there wasn't any fun.”

Toji saw in the corner of his eye that another person had joined them in the room, initially registering as a large patch of white. Hey... It's that floating babe. And she's got clothes now. Part of him felt disappointed about the latter... He sheepishly averted his eyes slightly and greeted her. “Uh... Hey, there.” What was her name, again? “Are you here for food, too? Why dontcha take a seat?” She cocked her head at him, then silently obliged, sitting at the opposite side of the table.

Distracting himself from the impulse to stare, Toji then redirected his attention back to Sachiel. “So what did ya do to yourself, anyway, Sachiel?”
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:14 pm

(Who's the white Angel? Armisael?)

"Damn, it's so dark in here!” Toji said as he placed Sachiel in a chair at the kitchen table. “So you guys lost power too, eh? We were lookin' around in this one store when all the lights went out. Gettin' out of there wasn't any fun.”

"You can say that again. We were in the back of isle 45, the electronics, and all of a sudden the lights cut off. We nearly knocked all the stuff down from shock. The rest, we nearly knocked down by trying to get out. If it wasn't the for moonlight, we could've been stuck in there for hours." Kensuke added as he inspected the drawers in the kitchen, looking for something.

“So what did ya do to yourself, anyway, Sachiel?” Toji asked after addressing the other Angel in the room.

"FOUND BATTERIES!" Kensuke yelled from across the room, shuffling them into his camera.

Sachiel ignored that and responded to the Toji's question. "I, um...I killed the elevator..." Sachi blushed, wondering how that made sense. "Apparently, my Aura fluctuated when we (Israfel, Arael and myself) were stranded in the broken elevator...-"

"WAIT WAIT WAIT, I wanna get this on camera!" Kensuke ran over and sat next to Sachiel, camera over his eye. "Can you repeat that?" Kensuke had been meaning to interview the Angels, and this seemed like the best time.

"I...killed the elevator?" Sachiel said, wondering what was going on.

"Uh-huh...go on!"

"And...my Aura came back...?"

"Ok. So how's it like being an Angel?"

And then began the 'Behind the Third' interview...
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:46 pm

((She is indeed Armisael, the “floating babe”.))

Kensuke walked up, excitedly swapping his camera's batteries. Where did he find—? Toji immediately closed his eyes and shook his head in exasperation. Hadn't they all had enough of that otaku's damned contraption?

Sachiel spoke up. “I, um...I killed the elevator...” He sounded a little sheepish. “Apparently, my Aura fluctuated when we were stranded in the broken elevator...”

“...huh?” Toji raised an eyebrow and scratched his head in bogglement. “What's dat supposed to mean?”

The Angel had no time to answer, though. Kensuke immediately saw the opportunity for an “interview”, and he scrambled to a seat next to Sachiel and started bombarding the poor guy with questions.

Atcha~...” Toji muttered under his breath. “Kensuke, you're too much...” Sighing, he turned to the other three Angels — wow, they all looked kinda weird, didn't they? — and mused, partially to himself, “I wonder what we're gonna do about food without power? Eat out of cans or somethin'?” He scratched the back of his neck, disappointed by the prospect.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:09 pm

(OOC: Having Touji and Kensuke back instantly gave me a shit-faced grin. :smirk: Right on! So, are these provisional characters between you two written in a joint discussion or what?)

“I know you managed to get through your first 'counseling session' without any apparent problems, but....what happened to you is 'serious business'. You might have gotten off lucky, or something might actually have been damaged, even if you aren't aware of it right now. Making you talk so much so soon probably wasn't the best idea...”

Akira glanced off for a moment, then back again. “For the meantime, you should try to take it easy, on your voice — and on yourself. You've been through a lot, Shinji.”

Shinji nodded at that in agreement. "I know. Right now all I want to do is rest. I'm just so...tired." Letting out a sigh, Shinji added, "It didn't help that I was sick just last night, too."

After Akira had opened up the blinds for Shinji--upon the boy getting back into bed, the man spoke again. Turning his back to Shinji, Akira said, “Is there anything I can get you? Water, whatnot?” He looked out the door into the empty living space beyond. “And our medic still isn't here. I guess I should find out what's going on with that, too...”

Brightening at that, Shinji nodded again. "If you could get me some water as well as some food, that would be great. I think we still have some leftover rice in the kitchen..."

Yawning, Shinji stretched, making himself comfortable in the bed. The boy buried himself deeper into the covers, tiredly muttering, "I'll probably go back to bed after eating. After all, before I can take care of anyone else, I need to take care of myself, first."

"...Yes, I can help you with cooking." Misato frowned, but eyed Rei worriedly. "If you're sure, then, that's fine. I'm just worried because you don't look that well."

The purple-haired woman put an arm around Rei's shoulder, sighing. "Please don't push yourself. People care for you, Rei, myself being one of them."

With a smile, Misato gently broke away from Rei's arms, walking a few steps ahead of her. "Shall we go to Shinji-kun's apartment? We might as well help make food for the others since everybody else is off doing their own thing right now."

Thinking for a moment, Misato then added, "But, having everybody meet up to discuss what to do would be a good idea, I think. Perhaps we could arrange for an apartment-wide breakfast meeting of some sort? Apparently Smith-san planned to have some meeting last night that never happened..."

Letting out a sigh, Misato shook her head. If only I was there to help protect Shinji-kun...I can't blame myself, but...

"So, Rei. If you don't mind me asking, why are you acting so familiar with Shinji-kun now?"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:53 pm

(@SSD: lolno. I just played off what she wrote. And now, Kensuke unknowingly becomes an Ass.)

"Ok. So how's it like being an Angel?" Kensuke asked.

"Um...It has it's advantages. But being a Lilin does too. Lilin can communicate with each other, even though it seems to be even more lonely as a Lilin. I was just looking for my mother." Sachiel wasn't sure how to answer the question. His memories as an Angel were fuzzy. He just remembered being attacked, and hated.

And Kensuke just kept asking questions. "So you didn't actually attack?"

"I was just looking for my Mother." Sachiel said again. "And while I was searching...the Lilin attacked me first. I didn't know why, but they...they just kept on attacking. I had no choice but to fight back." Sachiel's face saddened, but was hidden behind his mask.

Kensuke didn't notice. "It couldn't have been because you were a big, giant huge *thing*? Practically a monster!"

Sachiel's eyes widened in realization. M-monster? I was a...monster? People attacked me because I was a...monster? He remembered the reaction Toji had when they first met. Toji was a mixture of fear and hate. His fists were clenched like he wanted to just punch him. Asuka reacted like he was a monster too. Am I a monster?

"Ok, next question! How is it like, being a human now? -er, Lilin?"

(Now somebody, cut in.)
- Sachi

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:39 pm

((Some more mild manipulation of dormant characters. They deserve a little action, don't they? And, wow. It's a lot easier writing for a simpleton like Toji than for psychologically-convoluted geniuses.))

Even though Toji wasn't really listening to the “interview”, it was hard to miss Kensuke's social faux pas.

“It couldn't have been because you were a big, giant, huge thing? Practically a monster!”

Toji couldn't help but notice that all four Angels seemed unsettled by the words. Well, okay, it was a little hard to tell what the two wearing masks were thinking, but... The really pale one held her hands up to her face and quietly whispered, “Am I a monster, too...?” And another one, this creepy-looking chick who looked like something out of a video game, and had been standing away from the group the entire time, just seemed plain pissed off.

Uh-oh.

“OK, next question!” Kensuke said. “How is it like, being a human now? Er... Lilin?”

The creepy chick stormed up and thrust her hands down on the table. “You, Spawn of the Mistake! How dare you speak to a Child of Adam in such a manner! If anyone here is to be called 'Monster', surely it would be you Li—”

Toji immediately interceded and put a hand on the girl's shoulder, only to be harshly shrugged off. “Whoa, whoa! I'm sure Kensuke didn't mean it like that.” He shot a glare at his buddy. “...right?” Then, to Sachiel. “Don't none of you guys take it too personal.” And he laughed uneasily. “You can tell this nerd's been hangin' around me too much when he starts showin' my sense of tact.”

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby AsukaChan » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:19 pm

"We'd better hurry."

"Yes.."

Leliel shuffled quickly across the sand, suddenly relieved that they'd found him before he'd left the beach. She was certain that the dark form had to be Bardiel, as it was unlikely anything else had formed out of the waves. The town was still quiet, after all.

She considered reaching out to him again, but then realized that she had no idea what she would say to him.

"Bardiel!" she called, as the gap between them began to narrow. Her own voice, projected at that volume, sounded strange to her.

((OOC: Yeah, yeah. That sucked. Just posted to move things along. x_x))
Asuka, just as hot as that Langley Soryu chick.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:52 pm

Ayanami Rei of the Black Moon

"So, Rei. If you don't mind me asking, why are you acting so familiar with Shinji-kun now?"

? The solid circle of fire dissipates as I walk towards the stairs back to Ikari-kun's room to start cooking breakfast...

"What do you mean...familiar? None of the people living in Ikari-kun's room had eaten since they had woken up, and I wasn't sure if A-Adam needed to eat. So I cooked dinner for all of them..."

"...I don't know what happened to me after...Instrumentality. I seemed to have changed. My personality, and my physical vessel itself. There are slight alterations to my vessel's structure, which include the streak of silver hair, that seemed to hint that I have returned here with portions of something that wasn't me before Instrumentality. I seem...more...emotional- at times. I observed that I tear uncontrollably. On occasion I have violent thoughts and daydreams of brutality and immorality that I have never experienced..."

...in a long, long time...

"......before. I speak for longer periods of time...but regardless if I am different now, the future needs all of us to stay controlled and ready to counter any situation that arrives."

I walk down the hallway beginning the journey back to Ikari-kun's room, not waiting for Katsuragi-san. No. I stop and turn around.

"Should we begin cooking now? I am inclined to."
Last edited by TheAyanamiOtaku on Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:20 am

((TAO: I don't know about anyone living in "Ikari-kun's apartment" aside from Asuka. Shinji's gonna want his privacy soon, anyway, so, in an attempt to keep you two from wasting your time going up there...

Edited to integrate some material from SSD's next post for "optimum flow".))

Toji's ears suddenly pricked up. He thought he could hear somebody...

“Should we begin cooking now? I am inclined to.”

“Who is dat?” he asked of nobody in particular. “Ayanami?” He shot a piercing look at the creepy-looking girl, then Kensuke, and muttered, “Don't none of you start any mischief!” With that, Toji dashed into the hallway.

Immediately, he saw Ayanami — wearing something other than that school uniform, for once! — and — talk about a sight for sore eyes — Misato-san. Talking to Ayanami would be a little strange now, wouldn't it? Stranger than usual. But his rumbling stomach was up to the challenge.

“Oy! Ayanami! Misato-san!” he greeted. Then, he tried to refine his speech a little... “Were you two planning on cooking?”

Misato smiled at him. “Hi, Suzuhara-kun. It's been a while! How are you doing?”

Wow... Did she really smile at me?!? he thought, beaming. “Well... mostly I'm just...” A loud groan emanated from his upper abdomen. He glanced down and blushed slightly in embarrassment. “Yeah...” Then he abruptly straightened up. “There's a whole bunch of us right here, and we've” — well, I've, anyway... — “been wondering what to do about food since the power's out and all. I'm hungry enough that I sure wouldn't mind pitching in if it means not having to eat out of cans.”

Not that cooking was really his thing, but...

((Shortest Akira post evar!!!))

Shinji nodded Akira's way. “If you could get me some water as well as some food, that would be great. I think we still have some leftover rice in the kitchen...”

Akira's head swiveled over to where his untouched bowl of partially-burnt rice and edamame sat, and a strange feeling of possessiveness overcame him. Of course, sharing it would be the courteous thing to do, but... He frowned.

“Ah... It's actually sitting right here. There wasn't that much rice left that wasn't burnt to near inedibility. I threw some edamame in with the hope I might be able to eventually sit down and eat something, but... I can theoretically split it...”
Last edited by Reichu on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:02 am

(Bardiel tricked us.)

Monster

Monster

Monster

Monster

I'm not a monster. How can you be sure? I don't know. Than you are a monster? No. What are you? Myself. What is that? Me, Sachiel, the oldest. Monster. Shut up. Monster. Shut Up! Monster. No! Monster. I'm not a monster. Not a monster.

Sachiel looked up, Toji had gone by the instinct of his ear into the hallway. Kensuke was apologizing to the Angels, but that word still bugged Sachiel. Monster. He made a move to get up, he wanted to leave. No where in particular, but to be anywhere but here. As soon as he stood, his wound disagreed and sat him back down.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I meant, like, extraordinary in size and magnificent and..." Kensuke stopped, he couldn't think of any more positive words. He rubbed that back of his head and sweat dropped. He didn't want to piss off the Angels in any sort of way, he just wanted an interview. He didn't notice Sachiel's feeble attempt at standing.

--

Kaji walked ahead of Leliel to Bardiel. "Hey Bardiel, now what is it you're trying to do? People make mistakes, all the time. And suicide is the most idiotic solution, in fact, it's not even a solution, it makes things worse. What would your siblings have to say about it? Nobody hates you, we're just not too fond of your hostility. Now, pick up your things and lets get you back where you belong, I can promise you that things will be ok as long as you participate in it." Kaji frowned at Bardiel's silence. Why isn't he talking? Knowing his reputation, he'd have gone off about how Lilin are mistakes and that what he did was justified. But he didn't...

(OK, Sachiel is not gonna be fucked up like Shinji, this is just this temporary thing.)
- Sachi

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:09 pm

(OOC: "fucked up like Shinji" : :hitthetable: A...anyway... EDIT: Writing posts first thing in the morning make it only somewhat stellar.)

Sharing food, huh? Isn't that like second hand kiss or something?! Wait a minute...what am I saying?

Blinking, Shinji shook his head to clear his thoughts. "S...sure! I don't mind." Offering an uneasy smile, Shinji nodded slightly before holding the blow of food. "Thanks again, Akira-san."

Bowing his head, Shinji said to himself, "Itadakimasu" and proceeded to quietly eat half of the meal. He couldn't help but give a real smile: despite being a simple meal of edamame with rice, it was pretty good.

Thoughts wandering, Shinji remembered how Asuka made that slightly burnt rice for him when he was sick. He couldn't help but wonder what the redhead was doing right now.

He missed her already. For whatever reason--whether it was his infatuation with her or perhaps the beginnings of true love--even though Shinji wasn't certain just what love was--he couldn't help but feel a sense of calm and happiness when he was with her. Something about being with Asuka helped to bring him out of his shell, he felt..stronger with her, somehow.

I see...Maybe...Rei's change has to do with remembering being Lilith?

"Rei, is it possible that you changed from Instrumentality because of being Lil--"

“Were you two planning on cooking?"

Misato blinked, recognizing the voice that slightly cut her off. Looking up, she smiled warmly at Touji. "Hi, Suzuhara-kun. It's been a while! How are you doing?"

"There's a whole bunch of us right here, and we've been wondering what to do about food since the power's out and all. I'm hungry enough that I sure wouldn't mind pitching in if it means not having to eat out of cans.”

The woman nodded in agreement at the jock. "Yeah. That's exactly why Rei and I were planning on going to Shinji-kun's place to cook. He's probably hungry anyway and I'm sure he wouldn't mind the company. Of course you and the others are more than welcome to join us and help out."

"Although,", Misato added after a quiet moment of thinking, "it's best to try to be as quiet as possible when we're there. He could be resting, after all."
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:14 pm

((SSD: ARGH, you edit your thing right when I preview before posting! I'm going to edit some of my new Toji material into his previous post just because it works better that way. Also, I gave Shinji one new utterance. Or two.))

After his own moment of silent contemplation, Toji repeated, “'Shinji-kun'...?” Come to think of it... Kensuke and I really ought to check up on that weepy emo kid, shouldn't we? “Oh, hey, yeah! That sounds great! I'll get the others!”

Toji went back into the apartment, a sense of urgency in his steps. “Everybody to the top floor for grub! You're gonna hafta cut that thing short, Kensuke. It's dark enough that your footage'll look like shit anyway. Bet ya didn't think of that!” Finally, he looked over at Sachiel, and frowned. “But, uh... how we gonna get you up there...?”

Feeling rather silly about his impulse to somehow keep the bowl of precious, cooked — albeit burnt — food all for himself, he retrieved it and tipped it slightly so Shinji could see the contents. “Half and half?” He approached the boy again. “I'll let you have first dibs.”

Shinji stared at it for a moment, almost like it was something dirty. He finally blinked and shook his head, as if to exit a daze. “S...sure! I don't mind.”

'Don't mind'? Then a realization came to him. “Ah... I didn't actually eat any of it yet.” He winked and passed the bowl and fork over. “So you don't have to worry about getting 'old folk cooties' or anything.”

“Oh...” Shinji said. He nodded and accepted. “Thanks again, Akira-san.”

'Akira-san'. He supposed he'd have to get used to it. “Sure.”

Shinji bowed his head and, muttering something, started eating. Akira suddenly remembered that he had, in fact, used the fork... but he decided to not say anything. And, wait... Didn't Shinji say he'd been sick yesterday? Oh, well. Too late now...

“Be right back,” he said. Shinji nodded again, and Akira wandered back into the kitchen to fetch another bottled water. He brought it back to the boy and, upon receiving a demure “Thank you”, said, “When you're done with the rice, leave what's left... hmm, somewhere where Pen-Pen can't get it.” He grinned. “Try to sleep some. I'm going to go check up on things in the 'outside world'.”

With his own water bottle in hand, Akira promptly excused himself, shutting the door to Shinji's room behind him. In no particular mood to savor anything, he emptied what remained of the can of soybeans into his gullet. That was something, at least. The penguin was nowhere to be seen, but, glancing down, he saw that the bird had left his dish of mackerel remarkably clean. Akira placed it onto the countertop and wandered out into the hallway, leaving the door open.

The place seemed devoid of life. He ambled forth, looking for the stairway he knew was there... but then something else caught his attention. Another open door. Was one of the other 'patients' here? He glanced in out of curiosity, but no human figures were apparent from the door. Akira took a moment to finish off the water and, idly leaving his lips around the top of the empty container for a second or two, he finally walked in.

((Will pick this up later. Don't disturb him; I'm planning something...))

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:34 pm

(OOC: This post is sort of meant to convey this feeling: http://evacommentary.org/episode-02/episode-02B-scene6.html#cut166)

Sighing, Shinji quickly finished his meal. He really WAS hungry, after all. Setting the bowl on the counter next to him, Shinji quietly took some sips from the bottle of water.

If the power's out, then the pluming and such must have problems, too. Better save some of this for later. With that thought, Shinji put the bottle of water on the desk, but close to him so Akira wouldn't accidentally take it.

Laying on his side, one hand on the sheets and the other on his pillow, Shinji cautiously eyed the door. For some reason, he didn't quite trust Akira yet, but hoped such feelings would fade with time. Letting out a yawn, the boy just tired to relax and fall asleep. I miss my SDAT. Maybe I can find another one around here? That'd be nice.

Closing his blue eyes, Shinji soon drifted off to sleep, dreaming of nothing in particular. Yet, he felt at peace despite this.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:19 pm

((ZOMG PAGE 30!!!!))

Akira ventured towards the source of light within the apartment unit, and soon found himself in a bedroom.

A feminine form reclined atop the bed, and Akira approached cautiously. This was her. Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu — former maverick bioengineer, mother of Asuka, and source of all that trouble earlier, among various unanswered questions. She appeared very much asleep, her breathing visible and steady. But the look on her face didn't convey any sense of peacefulness. As if she were being tormented in her slumber.

The golden suit still clung close to her person. Akira wondered what its function could possibly be. It nearly looked familiar, almost like a significantly more advanced version of— Hmm. Surely it couldn't be all that comfortable. Did that thing “breathe”? And it was burnt, too... There was a dark patch on Kyoko's abdomen, where the child in blue had, if he remembered correctly, “injected” the shock. He hoped the suit's material had a high melting point.

Even in her current helpless state, she was fairly intimidating. Akira didn't remember Kyoko looking very athletic way back when, but now... While not excessive, she had a rather solid physique; there seemed to be well-defined muscle groups lying beneath the gold, apparent even when relaxed. But her contours still managed to avoid harshness, and they flowed with the pleasantness of gently moving water...

Her face, without a trace of fierceness, gripped by the subtlest indications of distress. There was something troubling about it. He walked up a little closer and looked upon her silently, even sadly.

With a jolting suddenness, Kyoko gasped quietly. Her breathing began to betray a slight irregularity. And then, tears formed in her eyes, and gently slid down her cheeks. Akira thought he saw something he hadn't noticed before — a slight depression where the skin was a little lighter, just below Kyoko's left eye. Like a scar, almost.

Suddenly, Kyoko's eyes slowly opened, and Akira instantly seized up. The lids of the watery orbs stopped halfway, and they simply sat in place, gazing out. It took him a moment to realize that, no, they weren't looking at anything — at least, nothing Akira himself could see. Just to be sure, he tentatively waved a hand over her face. No response whatsoever.

With a gentle touch, he at last examined the burned patch on her abdomen. Still warm. That wasn't good. Under his breath, he whispered, “We need to get you out of that thing...” Though, by virtue of a certain incidental biological detail and the resultant societal expectations, the task would have to fall onto someone else.

Akira turned to depart when he thought he heard mumbling, and in an instant he was overlooking Kyoko once more. Her eyes had closed, but were still tearing, and four coherent words escaped her lips.

...nichts als ein Tier.

((My German sucks and that was the best I could come up with.))

Return to “Role-Playing Related”