Question about the Chalkboard Banner

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Question about the Chalkboard Banner

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:11 pm

THis is probably very silly, but does anyone know all he phrases on the chalkboard banners for the forum and the main page of this site?

I'm just curious.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:49 pm

Blame Reichu for the original collation of various phrases related to the discussions in this extended group. The origins of some of them may be lost in the mists of time, so far as the recent arrivals go, but then that's what the Seach function is about.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:00 pm

HOLY MOTHER OF Shinji THE TRANSPARENT SENSEI IS GONE!!! :luigi_dance:

Yeah. But now that it's actually, like, fixed, I could use some new "memes" one of these days. Some of the items on the board are seriously spacefiller.

Offhand, Brik's sig, "erotic asphyxiation", and -- erk -- "mayo" should be on there. What else? [Remember you can see the whole thing (except for the part the old geezer is now blocking) at the front page.]
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Really?

We,, then...anyone mind if I just post some of the stuff on the board and explain them from what I understand because I'm so totally bored?

Choking my Asuka: Reference to EoE
Naked Evas: Reichu's artwork.
Anta Barb: See naked evas.
Pointless Religious Symbolism: The crosses.
End of 4chan: Parody of End of Evangelion and the picture board 4chan.
Yui-sama: Reichu's name for Shogouki.
Zomg its the Harpy: Harpies are better know as the Mass Production Evas.
Mr. Greenfingers: Nickname given to ADV's mat Greenfield.
Sarai: Character you played as in Rei Ayanami raising project
“Shinji, you suck”: Statement by lots of fans.
Crossed out Duel of the Seeds: Refers to a fan theory about Adam and Lillth, now disproven.
Pre-3I Instrumentality: What most people refer to as the weird mindfucks before Lillth turns everyone into tang.
Sidedish: Bad translation of a line of dialogue in EoE.
A/S anti-shipping: Aka Mr. Tine
Transition Guide: Also created by Mr. Tines, refers to the many Rei's that appear in EoE.
“Adam...our mother”: Starting point of the Fem-Kaworu theory
Big Irony Bomb: Refers to Misato saying she won't do anything with Shinji.
Angel Tower: Refers to the giant tower Armisel makes with Zerogouki.
Reigouki: What Zerogouki would be called if it followed the numbering scheme of the other Evas. May also be referring to the soul in Zerogouki, and what I call Zerogouki when its changed into a Lillth-based lifeform in my fanfics.
The uber pimp: Refers to a Gendo parody.
Visual Parallelism: Basis for Reichu's wacky theories.
EoTV vs EoE: EoTV refers to the original last two episodes of Evangelion, the trippy episodes.
Metaphisical Biology: I believe this was Fyutski's area of study, as well as the explanation of souls.
Monoliths of the Lake: Directors Cut of Episode 24, there are 15 SEELE monoliths.
Surrogate Daughter: Presumably how Rei is seen by Gendo.
Apostolo: Possible translation of Shito, translated as Angel in Evangelion.
Shekinah: Refers to the female aspect of God in Kabbalistic thought, possibly having something to do with Rei.
Quantum Magic: Fantheory for the weird visions of Rei Shinji has in Episode 1 and the EoE.
Zuggybabble: Refers to user Zugzwang, Rei fan, though I'm not sure what he's babbling about.
Spear of Longinus: More accurate translation of “Yari no Longinus”.
“he/she/ve”: ve is Evageeks non-official gender neutral pronoun.
Fapboy: Refers to Shinji's actions over a comotose Asulka in EoE
Happy Hive Mind: What SEELE wanted out of Third Impact.
Go Hikari!: I believe it refers to a manga omake where Hikari Horaki is the Fourth Child.
“...Kaworu kills a kitten”: Specifically, Evil Manga Kaworu.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:52 pm

universalperson wrote:Zuggybabble: Refers to user Zugzwang, Rei fan, though I'm not sure what he's babbling about.

I try not to do that now. The Montauk Fake Reality and Merkabah Agent bits written on the board are what I was babbling about at the time.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:16 pm

"..." should be up there.
I won.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:22 pm

>>.Anta Barb: See naked evas.
Santa Barb

>>Sarai: Character you played as in Rei Ayanami raising project
See also Fuzzy Chickens[ANF]

>>“Shinji, you suck”: Statement by lots of fans.
In particular, the Evangelion Thumbnail Theatre

>>Transition Guide: Also created by Mr. Tines, refers to the many Rei's that appear in EoE.
Not so much created as imported from Singularitarian sources

>>Reigouki: What Zerogouki would be called if it followed the numbering scheme of the other Evas.
Also an Eva-Size Ayanami from the Paradise Lost doujin (guess how the entry plug works :devil: )

>>Visual Parallelism: Basis for Reichu's wacky theories.
Shin-seiki's very fruitful way of working on teh series

>>Shekinah: Refers to the female aspect of God in Kabbalistic thought, possibly having something to do with Rei.
Giant Naked Rei

>>Zuggybabble: Refers to user Zugzwang, Rei fan, though I'm not sure what he's babbling about.
Look through his old posts :D or some of the reactions http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33195#33195

>>Go Hikari!: I believe it refers to a manga omake where Hikari Horaki is the Fourth Child.
Refers to this legendary ANF thread http://www.animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130908

>>“...Kaworu kills a kitten”: Specifically, Evil Manga Kaworu.
"Every time you masturbate..."

Also, the search function is very useful for some of the more recondite bits.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:54 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:>>Sarai: Character you played as in Rei Ayanami raising project
See also Fuzzy Chickens[ANF]

See also: tbozfan

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:59 pm

universalperson wrote:anyone mind if I just post some of the stuff on the board and explain them from what I understand because I'm so totally bored?

Only if you don't mind me elaborating upon the selections further, from the depths of what little remains of my mind. Some of this may not be exactly right.

Hitting "Preview", Mr. Tines touched upon some, but I don't feel like editing. :tongue:

Choking my Asuka: A "euphemism" that emerged in an old ANF thread. I think Shin-seiki had something to do with this one.
Pointless Religious Symbolism: Descriptive term for the many examples of pointless religious symbolism in Evangelion. Mine.
zomg its teh harpy fapfapfap: Makes reference to the MP Evas' infectious nickname (which I hold responsibility for). The whole line is taken from a really crappy captioned image millenniummany (or whatever his name is) made in honor of Treize X's harpy obsession and posted in the old "Go Hikari!" thread (ANF)
Mr. Greenfingers: Nickname given to ADV's Matt Greenfield. Dr. Nick is responsible.
Sarai: See "Radioactive Waste" at the Wiki.
“Shinji, you suck”: A common sentiment among fans, but more specifically a reference to ToastyFrog's Thumbnail Theatre.
Sidedish: LOL OKAZU
“Adam...our mother”: Starting point of the "female Adam" debate that gets so much love and hate.
Reigouki: In Reichu's partial crap-translation of a doujinshi short from Paradise Lost, a giant Rei that takes on the role of Eva-01 in a parody of the first two episodes.
teh Uber Pimp: What Gendo aspires to become in the fan parody "ReDeath".
Visual Parallelism: Recurring theme in NGE and often used as a storytelling technique to subtly relay information. Can also result in "interesting theories" if fans get too zealous.
EoTV vs EoE: EoTV refers to the original last two episodes of Evangelion, the trippy episodes. "EoTV vs. EoE" is one of those debates that always comes back to haunt and taunt.
Monoliths of the Lake: The 15 Seele monoliths hovering over Lake Tokyo-3 in episode 24', presumed by Revelations Reichu to have DEEP HIDDEN MEANING.
Surrogate Daughter: Theory that posits Eva-01 is born of Lilith but still an Adam clone, used to explain away various annoying things.
Apostolo: The predecessor of the term "Angel", from the NGE Proposal.
Shekinah: Refers to the female aspect of God in Kabbalistic thought, used intermittently in the past (by Reichu and Mr. Tines and no one else) as a cool-sounding term for GNR.
Quantum Magic: Facetious term made up by Reichu for Shin-seiki's explanation of Rei's various weird-ass properties (such as appearing in multiple places at once). Full explanation at Geektionary.
Zuggybabble: The type of rhetoric Zuggy was once known for (not so much now) which would leave nearly everyone scratching their heads.
Spear of Longinus: "Spear" underlined to represent one of Reichu's classic obnoxious niggles.
Fapboy: Cheesy combination of "fanboy" and "fap", referring to those fanboys who just can't help but fap over what they're fans of. NGE has a lot of these.
Big Happy Hive Mind: What SEELE wanted out of Third Impact. Dr. Nick used to use the "hive mind" comparison frequently.
Go Hikari!: Massive NGE image thread at ANF, initiated (by Shin-seiki) with nothing more than the famous image of Hikari in the cockpit of Eva-06, looking very intrepid indeed.
“...Kaworu kills a kitten”: The Geektionary explains this one.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:52 pm

erotic asphyxiation.....should be on there.

:w00:

I mean...excellent. :scheming:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:10 pm

I noticed that it changed. There's more on in it.
Lol...Inner Lesbian.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Full image is 1200px wide

Sachiel_13 wrote:Lol...Inner Lesbian.

http://www.evacommentary.org/images_capdoc/reichu_inner-lesbian.jpg

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Hmm...I already knew most of those things. I totally forgot it was ReDeath for teh uber pimp.

Anyyway, more stuff based on the banner above me, which is zoomed in.

Rubber Science: Not sure, Eva though is not hard sci-fi.
EDIT:"insert opaque explanation">: Could refer to a lot of things.
Moichandising: Obvious reference to the Gainax cash cow, which allows them to make money off Eva years after it airing.
GangstaTeddy: Refers to one of the members of the Human Intrumentality Comitee, called Teddy by eva geeks fans.
Yebichu/Yebisu: Misato's beer.
I'm in ur pyramid *something* ur *something*: Parody of EoE and cat macrs.
inner lesbian: Refers to a Reichu photoshop that parodies Kaworei shippers. I KNOW IT'S A CRAZED SHIP! DON'T RUB IT IN!
Totally Laem:...not sure.
The world is made of spirals (lolwut): May be a reference to Gainax work Gurren Langrann.
Gene diving: "The human DNA is diving into Adam" or some such. Basis for Kaworu theories.
Tree of Life/Embryo of Life: More EoE stuff.
Kentucky Fried Rei: Refers to Rei II being barbeced in Episode 23. Poor girl.
One is happenstance, twice is concidence, three times is enemy *something* : I've heard the original saying before, but I don't know where.
New Instrument Phallic Alien: Shamshel?
Shinji Loves Boobies: Refers to EoE, again.
soul sevenbility: No idea.
Psycho hazard area: Refers to all of Evangelion/.
Censorship Technology(TM): May refer to ADV's dub.
Stay on topic, bitches: Do I need to explain this one?
Papa Langley: Refers to the face that we have no idea what Asuka's dad's first name is.
dummy plug system (arrow) love?: As confusing as the plug itself it.
Sammael/Wingsx12: Refers to the weird creature seen in the opening, as well as Yui-sama in EoE. Samael was traditionally portayed with red wings.
Dr. K.: Reichu's pet project. I don't know how anyone can be obsessed with a character that only appears in one scene, but somehow, Reichu is.

And there's some Moonspeak.
Last edited by universalperson on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:43 pm

>>Rubber Science: Not sure, Eva though is not hard sci-fi.
That's the concept. In particular, a lot of the technobabble in the background

ep 3 cut 142 wrote:Man (OFF) "Incoming call from Optical Observatory 3. An abnormal magnetic field observed in the target's periphery."
Woman (OFF) "Gauge particle count is 496. Pulse mode confirmed at 240

>>GangstaTeddy: Refers to one of the members of the Human Intrumentality Comitee, called Teddy by eva geeks fans.
In particular some fan art be SEELE08

>>I'm in ur pyramid *something* ur *something*: Parody of EoE and cat macrs.
Original : In ur base, killing ur d00ds (legendary message to newbie in some game from the guy totally pwning him)
http://www.evacommentary.org/images_capdoc/dr-nick_pyramid-invasion.jpg

>>Totally Laem:...not sure.
Live Action Eva Movie

>>The world is made of spirals (lolwut):
Also Katsuragi-hakase's super-solenoids

>>One is happenstance, twice is concidence, three times is enemy *something*
enemy action. From one of the Bond novels

>>Shinji Loves Boobies: Refers to EoE, again.
Not only EoE

>>soul sevenbility: No idea.
Severability -- Lilith's soul is doled out in bits
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:46 pm

I'm in ur pyramid touching ur mummies: Based on a doctored image by Dr. Nick, I believe.

One is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy actions: Something Tines once said in one of the commentaries. No idea what it's from though.

New Instrument Phallic Alien: Matt Greenfield thing from that Mythology of Evangelion crap.

Censorship Technology(TM): Believe it's a reference to some images Reichu doctored to include NERV Figleaf technology.

Some of the Moonspeak: Akira (guess who?), Okaku (lol Sidedish), Path of God, probably some other stuff.

Anyway, that's enough of that.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:00 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:One is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy actions: Something Tines once said in one of the commentaries. No idea what it's from though.
Same thing "Decisive Battle" came from.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:05 pm

• The world is made of spirals (lolwut): It's a sentence about the Super Solenoid from the Classified Information. Or, at least, the most sensical shitty translation I could get out of it.
  • Shinji Likes Boobies: Specifically from a Madman thread Shin-seiki posted in that emphasized the importance of Asuka's boobs in the show.
  • Psycho hazard area: A label on the Tokyo-3 region topography map following the city's destruction, and something no one could make any sense out of.
  • Nerv Figleaf Censorship Technology (TM): There were some pages from H-doujinshi that I posted to ANF, and got away with it by covering up the naughty bits with Nerv fig leaves.
  • dummy plug / " system (arrow) core?: Something that never made any sense and never will.
universalperson wrote:Dr. K.: Reichu's pet project. I don't know how anyone can be obsessed with a character that only appears in one scene, but somehow, Reichu is.

It might make more sense if you read through the Adam's Embryo thread (in the ANF archive).

Or not...

SSD wrote:Okaku (lol Sidedish)

Okazu, to be precise.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:27 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Full image is 1200px wide

Sachiel_13 wrote:Lol...Inner Lesbian.

http://www.evacommentary.org/images_capdoc/reichu_inner-lesbian.jpg

I always assumed that referred to Maya Ibuki
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Reichu wrote:Okazu, to be precise.

Damn my lack of sleep the past few days! :crybaby:

Shinji Likes Boobies: Specifically from a Madman thread Shin-seiki posted in that emphasized the importance of Asuka's boobs in the show.

Give me a link to this and I'll love you forever!! (I know of such things, but seeing it explained sounds like fun/interesting.) Thematic Importance, w00t!

Okay, enough of that off-topiciness, sorry.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:52 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
Give me a link to this and I'll love you forever!! (I know of such things, but seeing it explained sounds like fun/interesting.) Thematic Importance, w00t!

Okay, enough of that off-topiciness, sorry.

Control yourself, woman! :smirk:
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”