[LAEM] Three movies? Impossible!

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Three movies? Impossible!

Postby Dave » Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:53 pm

The child actors would be 17 by the end of the third movie, a noticeable difference. I don't really see any way around this. I am just totally ignorant of how movies are made, or am I right in assuming we'll only get one movie with fourteen year old actors?
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:32 pm

The only way they could get around this is to film all three movies at one time like Jackson did with LOTR. Otherwise you will be right and we will get only one movie (which will have real problems getting everything done in such a short time frame), will get three movies with two or three different set of child actors, or we will get the Ian Ziering effect (A person playing a role they are way too old to play).
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:18 am

Presuming they do three movies, there are two possibilities.

1) They film all three continously (A massive undertaking, and atypical of moviemaking)
2) They just make it so that the timeline of the story has some time elapsed between films, or it comprises several years of time.

Hell, they very well may start off with 12 year old actors, so that they can pass for 14 year olds in the first film, be the appropriate age for the second film, and them be 16 in the third, and be able to pass for 14 year olds. Yeah, they'll have aged, but at least they won't be 18 pretending to be 14. Natalie Portman was ~16/17ish for the phantom menace, but her character was only 14. So that when they wen't to film Attack or the clones 3 years later she would be 19/20, and being able to pass for someone in her early 20s.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:13 am

Even if they film them all at once, it would still take two years to finish, minimum. I like the Monkey's idea though (not that it is HIS idea of course).
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Cogboy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:00 pm

The biggest problem with this that i see is the voice breaking effect as seen in harry potter.

but i'm sure they will pull it off fine, however they chose to do it.
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:33 pm

They will probably wait to see how the first one does, and if it makes enough money, they will film the next 2 together.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:04 pm

2) They just make it so that the timeline of the story has some time elapsed between films, or it comprises several years of time.

"My" plan was probably the most outrageous as a means of implementing this, but the "scondary/alternate" lapse could be quite prectical if this becomes so problematic. (Typing it here woudl just be review.)

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 4:08 pm

I think its a bad idea.....and a good one.lol. It would be fun to have an Evangelion trilogy like star wars but theres the actor thing your discusing. Its going to cost a $hit load of munny.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:37 pm

Trilogy, trilogy, people talk about a trilogy like it's the most sure-fire way to tell the story just because it would be the same length as the series. FLOW, people, you need FLOW. And an allowance for even GAPS. You aren't looking at Eva as a whole, because three movies have a decidedly different life than twenty-six TV episodes. Since I'm almost certain that if this goes through, it's not going to have the same secure planning as the LOTR trilogy, then every chapter has to possess its own substance.

You either have to omit a lot of minor details in order to have two films or embellish on the basics enough to fill up more than three films.

But then, fidelity is still a big question mark either way.

_get some help

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:40 pm

But still wouldent a Evangelion trigoly look good with all the other movies?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:36 am

What other movies? That's like saying, "Wouldn't a red sweater look good with all the other sweaters?"

_get some help

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:59 pm

heh heh sorry bout that I mean the platume editions. Would it not look good with the platume editions?

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:42 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:heh heh sorry bout that I mean the platume editions. Would it not look good with the platume editions?

That still doesn't make an ounce of sense, care to try it again.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:20 pm

Would'ent
the
Movie
look
good
when
it
comes
out
on
video
along
side
the
platume
editions?

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:00 pm

:lol:
that was a good one DFS...
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:04 pm

Well hopefully the Idiots can read it now lol (no offence)

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Ayanami » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:49 pm

I'm sorry, DFS, but that's a pretty weak reason to make the movie a trilogy. Whether or not the movie will look nice sitting next to your Platinum Edition DVDs is so fargone that it shouldn't apply to... anything.

You know, the DVD cover could look like shit, but if the movie was amazing, you'd still buy it.
Close your eyes and listen hard

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:56 pm

Yes but its practilly the same thing right?? I should just make my own trilogy lol

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:16 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Yes but its practilly the same thing right?? I should just make my own trilogy lol

i'm sorry to tell you this DFS but a lot of your posts are weird..a lot..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:22 pm

You got that wrong! Not some of my post are weird ALL of my post are weird. All of the worlds greatest minds were weird and it also depends on a persons defanition of WEIRD. To me WEIRD is Normal!

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”