The "What's the Name of that Song?" Thread

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

The "What's the Name of that Song?" Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:25 pm

Any and all questions about the names and locations of music from Evangelion will find a home here.

-----------------

Anonymousabe...
Can someone give me the name of the first song played during the 4:24 intermission during Death/Rebirth?? It's basically Cruel Angel's Thesis with an acoustic guitar, but I'd like to know its name and which OST it's in. Thanks.

Being that it's been a year since I've seen the film, I'm going to say that it's either "The Heady Feeling of Freedom" or "Good, or Don't Be," both of which can be found on OST3. Both feature an acoustic guitar, but the former has prominent strings and a calm feel to it, while the latter is dominated by a piano that sounds like it had a wee bit too much sugar.

Anyway, someone will clarify.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

anonymousabe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anonymousabe » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:40 pm

ok, thanks. :)

anonymousabe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anonymousabe » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:08 pm

whats the song that plays with each preview to the upcoming episode. Misato is the one who narrates all the upcoming episode previews and promises fan service lol. whats the name of the song during those??

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:08 am

Jikai Yokoku
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:16 pm

anonymousabe wrote: fan service

:?: Ive always wondered what she ment by that ..I know im an idoit but hey i dont see you wakeing in all hours of the night wondering how long you have to live......lol i guess
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:56 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:
anonymousabe wrote: fan service

:?: Ive always wondered what she ment by that ..I know im an idoit but hey i dont see you wakeing in all hours of the night wondering how long you have to live......lol i guess

if you mean what is fan service i think there is a similar topic about it here..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:46 pm

whats the song that plays with each preview to the upcoming episode.

Jikai Yokoku

Actually, it depends. Are you referring to the Perfect Collection DVDs? On the English dub, they use "Decisive Battle".

_get some help

anonymousabe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anonymousabe » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:40 pm

no, i meant the original Japanese. thanks. and fan service is basically the little sexual flashes that you see in anime. like when Shinji moves into Misato's apartment and shes wearing short shorts and a tight shirt. or when Asuka's skirt flies up on the aircraft carrier. things like that. thats fan service.
Image this is an example of fan service sort of.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:12 pm

Oh okay I wish that Rei did a lot of fan service :cry: ....(sob)....Oh well ill do what my old buddy used to say "IMAGIANTION" (Makes an arc with his hand and a rainbow appers)
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 16, 2004 3:35 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Oh okay I wish that Rei did a lot of fan service :cry: ....(sob)....Oh well ill do what my old buddy used to say "IMAGIANTION" (Makes an arc with his hand and a rainbow appers)

i bet at least your 300 of 640 posts you have DFS it's off topic..i think you're getting a little off again?

i'd like to ask the name of the song that plays on a lot episodes,but i'll just say the first moment it comes to my mind..ep19 in the end when Eva-01 awakens and eat the angel..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:50 pm

THE BEAST II - OST2

_get some help

anonymousabe
Embryo

Re: The "What's the Name of that Song?" Thread

•      
  •      

Postby anonymousabe » Thu Nov 18, 2004 8:44 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:Any and all questions about the names and locations of music from Evangelion will find a home here.

-----------------

Anonymousabe...
Can someone give me the name of the first song played during the 4:24 intermission during Death/Rebirth?? It's basically Cruel Angel's Thesis with an acoustic guitar, but I'd like to know its name and which OST it's in. Thanks.

Being that it's been a year since I've seen the film, I'm going to say that it's either "The Heady Feeling of Freedom" or "Good, or Don't Be," both of which can be found on OST3. Both feature an acoustic guitar, but the former has prominent strings and a calm feel to it, while the latter is dominated by a piano that sounds like it had a wee bit too much sugar.

Anyway, someone will clarify.

sorry i tried heady feeling of freedom and the beast II and neither of them was the one. im looking for the FIRST song played during the 4:24 intermission inbetween Death and Rebirth. It is Cruel Angel's Thesis in acoustic guitar. I just don't know the name. somebody out there must know. :?:

Gilgamesh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gilgamesh » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:44 pm

What's the name of the song when the Eva units are getting ready to go into action during episode 12?
A person...is a shadow which we can never penetrate, of which there can be no such thing as direct knowledge, with respect to which we form countless beliefs, based upon words and sometimes actions, neither of which can give us anything but inadequate and as it proves contradictory information-a shadow behind which we can alternately imagine, with equal justification, that there burns the flame of hatred and of love.
-Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:06 am

anonymousabe wrote:sorry i tried heady feeling of freedom and the beast II and neither of them was the one. im looking for the FIRST song played during the 4:24 intermission inbetween Death and Rebirth. It is Cruel Angel's Thesis in acoustic guitar. I just don't know the name. somebody out there must know. :?:

Har har har! I've identified virtually every piece of music used in NGE (aside from one, maybe), but since I'm a miser I hide all of the data on my computer. Well, okay, I'm not a miser -- I'm just too lazy to put it online right now.

You want "OP-2 C-type" from "S^2 Works".

Gilgamesh: "Spending Time in Preparation", the single most often-used BGM in all of NGE.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

anonymousabe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anonymousabe » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:36 pm

Thanks a lot Reichu. Maybe you can send me an mp3 of it if you have one?? :wink:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:05 am

anonymousabe wrote:Thanks a lot Reichu. Maybe you can send me an mp3 of it if you have one?? :wink:

:hugs S^2 Works box: Is MINE! MY precious! We won't lets you have it!!!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Gilgamesh
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gilgamesh » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:22 am

Reichu wrote:
anonymousabe wrote:sorry i tried heady feeling of freedom and the beast II and neither of them was the one. im looking for the FIRST song played during the 4:24 intermission inbetween Death and Rebirth. It is Cruel Angel's Thesis in acoustic guitar. I just don't know the name. somebody out there must know. :?:

Har har har! I've identified virtually every piece of music used in NGE (aside from one, maybe), but since I'm a miser I hide all of the data on my computer. Well, okay, I'm not a miser -- I'm just too lazy to put it online right now.

You want "OP-2 C-type" from "S^2 Works".

Gilgamesh: "Spending Time in Preparation", the single most often-used BGM in all of NGE.

I'll have to look at that, but I'm not so sure that's the one. I thought it sounds a lot like the second song that is played during the intermission in Death and Rebirth.
A person...is a shadow which we can never penetrate, of which there can be no such thing as direct knowledge, with respect to which we form countless beliefs, based upon words and sometimes actions, neither of which can give us anything but inadequate and as it proves contradictory information-a shadow behind which we can alternately imagine, with equal justification, that there burns the flame of hatred and of love.
-Marcel Proust, In Search of Lost Time

anonymousabe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby anonymousabe » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:36 am

Reichu wrote:
anonymousabe wrote:Thanks a lot Reichu. Maybe you can send me an mp3 of it if you have one?? :wink:

:hugs S^2 Works box: Is MINE! MY precious! We won't lets you have it!!!

awww cmon. just that one song. you can rip it onto your comp, cant you?? its not like im taking the box or anything lol. pleeeeaasse :?: :?:

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:50 pm

Gilgamesh wrote:I'll have to look at that, but I'm not so sure that's the one. I thought it sounds a lot like the second song that is played during the intermission in Death and Rebirth.

The other song played during the D&R Intermission is B-3 [BACKGROUND MUSIC III, also used in:

Episode #15: BGM to the T.V. program Asuka is watching
Episode #18: BGM to the T.V. program Asuka is watching
Episode #23: BGM to the T.V. program Pen-Pen is watching

In episode #12, are you talking about, "She said, 'Don't make others suffer for your personal hatred.'"? That's not when they're getting ready; that's when they're IN action.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

anatrok
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby anatrok » Sat Nov 27, 2004 1:05 pm

I don't know if this counts as Eva music but whats the clasical piece that plays on the menu of the english D&R?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”