Thoughts About Evangelion Biology

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Remind me, when did it mentrate?
I feel old

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:21 pm

Lilith was menstruating CONSTANTLY. That's what LCL is.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Are you sure it isn't just from the puncture?
I feel old

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:27 pm

Imp wrote:Probably. But evas must be haemaphrodites then. Fully.

When it comes to the Evangelion reproduction system (or lack thereof, as some would have it), I require an assessment to be made on the basis of a full organ analysis!

Maybe it's just me, but when I compiled that list (while back) I got the immediate impression that one of the staff basically sat down with some old English language anatomy & physiology books ("corpuscles" and "humors"? holy hell) and made a list of terms that seemed appropriate for inclusion. (Though without any sense whatever of intuitive and consistent categorization.) Reproductive organs were (possibly) intended for omission, but, since the male is treated as "default" in diagrams (etc.) so much of the time, at least a couple of male secretory glands got into the list. None of our Japanese friends thought twice about them, and, behold! A monster was born!

NAveryW wrote:I doubt the Evangelions have any extensive reproductive system. That includes genitals.

Well, if LCL comes out of a vag00, can't Angels come out of a vag00, too?

I'd only expect the internal piping and a way out; everything else got relocated to the nuclear periphery (kekeke).

Imp wrote:Are you sure it isn't just from the puncture?

Lilith continued to bleed after the wound sealed.

Also, [url=http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4190]S-PLIT[/URL].
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Thoughts About Evangelion Biology

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:12 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Since "Farandolae" are purely fictional, perhaps, yes.

Aha, so I wasn't the only one who realized it was a reference to A Wind in the Door?

I find the inclusion of cellular organelles and bacteria in that list...bizzare, to say the least.
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

evilhead008
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby evilhead008 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:27 pm

What kind of thread is this?!?!?!?

-Can Evangelions get cancer?

WHAAAAT?

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:45 pm

Actually, the best explanation I can come up with for this bizarre anatomy is that the Evangelions are androgynous, have no sexual organs, and are "female" mainly in the sense that the souls inside them are female.

This has been what I've been telling everyone all along! Vindication at last!

Well, if LCL comes out of a vag00, can't Angels come out of a vag00, too?

I'd only expect the internal piping and a way out; everything else got relocated to the nuclear periphery (kekeke).

In Lilliths case she didn't really have a visible vadge although it came from that area, though I suppose you may argue this could be another case of animator genital phobia.

Though I'm actually inclined to think that at least in lilliths case what was born from her did not come from a vadge because in that pic of the birth of unit 01 it actually appears to be splitting off from her body almost like a deviding cell. This also seems to be how lillith makes lillim type creatures since we see arms and legs growing out of her bottom area.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:12 am

Defectron wrote:Though I'm actually inclined to think that at least in lilliths case what was born from her did not come from a vadge

There's a bit in Chronicle that has something to do with LCL coming from Lilith's womb, but I'm too tired to translate it at the moment.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:11 am

This revelation is certainly a shocker for me. Reichu, could you provide a screenshot to confirm. I can't find the relevant ones in Platinum.

We have male organs in the supposedly remale Evangelions. In fact, are there any female organs in the list at all? Their absence would certainly raise a few eyebrows more, considering the Evas' inhabitants.

And, apologies to whom it may concern, but I'm afraid in light of this new evidence that I may well have to return to use of the pronoun "its" when referring to Evas and Angels. There is now a matter of quite serious ambiguity surrounding the use of gender specific pronouns.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:18 pm

NAveryW wrote:I doubt the Evangelions have any extensive reproductive system. That includes genitals. Then again, considering Unit 01 came from Lilith, who clearly menstruates, she might have ovaries.

looks at Unit-01 funny.

Gendo: Doctor Akagi!

Ritz: Commander?

Gendo: Have Unit-01's armor striped.

Ritz:Sir?

Gendo:Do as I say.

Ritz: y yYes sir!

while later

Gendo: And Doctor?

Ritz: Yes Commmander?

Gendo: ...Leave us.... :whistle: :love: :heart:
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:31 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:Reichu, could you provide a screenshot to confirm. I can't find the relevant ones in Platinum.

I'd have to do it later. But you can find the relevant computer screens at the experiments involving Eva-00 in 05 and 14. Hard to miss.

We have male organs in the supposedly remale Evangelions. In fact, are there any female organs in the list at all?

We don't see what lies on the list beyond the bulbourethrals; it cuts off there.

And, apologies to whom it may concern, but I'm afraid in light of this new evidence

I'm kind of partial to this hypothesis regarding the list's formulation. :tongue:
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:50 pm

Reichu wrote:I'd have to do it later. But you can find the relevant computer screens at the experiments involving Eva-00 in 05 and 14. Hard to miss.

I'm looking at the relevent shots in Platinium. Perhaps I'm being dense, but I honestly cannot find any reference to Cowper's or Prostates of any kind. The list doesn;t even seem to get as far as bulbourethrals.

Reichu wrote:I'm kind of partial to this hypothesis regarding the list's formulation. :tongue:
To throw the cat in amongst the pigeons, it would be preferable if we did not have to chalk up yet another "continuity error".
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:28 pm

I'm not at home at the moment, but if memory serves "prostate gland" is the absolute last thing to show up in the right-most column during at least one of the list's two appearances, at the very bottom. "Cowper's glands" actually might be visible in the manga appearance of the list only, but I included it because the list was otherwise identical. I guess if we banish the Cowper's to the manga universe we only have a prostate to deal with -- and, as we all know, there is a "Female Prostate". :devil:

(FYI, "bulbourethral glands" is just another name for the Cowper's.)

To throw the cat in amongst the pigeons, it would be preferable if we did not have to chalk up yet another "continuity error".

Not a "continuity error" as such. But, I dunno. I wonder if my suggestion might be the path of least resistence. I forward it for consideration, anyway.

Alternatively, a good ol' fanwank no one will take seriously: Evas are so pumped up on androgens that the tissues that would towards male secretary glands (in the male counterpart of whatever Adam's biological basis was) actually develop into glands that look and function an awful lot like the male versions, to the point Gehirn figured they might as well use the same names. Of course, if an Eva managed to get off, one would be hard-pressed to find any whip-tailed gametes swimming around in her ejaculate.

...Don't look at me like that! I take my inspiration from nature.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:36 pm

I think the mention of Cowper's glands and stuff was just meant as technobabble and should not be taken seriously
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:52 pm

Umm...so where is this supposed Eva diagram that's being discussed? I didn't see it in any posts in this topic.

Or is this just a fan speculation topic? :sweatdrop:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:06 pm

http://evageeks.org/FGP/Evangelion_Biological_Listing
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 pm

"Anus"

What happent hours after Eva-01 ingested an angel?
:zer_sweatdrop:

It's really hard to not laught when you see what they (Evas) have. Thanks they don't use some of the stuff they have.
If an Eva duplicate via parthenogenesis I 'm volunteer to pilot the newborn!

StraightEdge
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby StraightEdge » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 pm

So according to this unit zero has 2 eyes
...eh

SleepS
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SleepS » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:00 pm

Despite what reproductive organs EVAs were naturally "born" with after the the initial cloning process of Adam, or in 01's case, Lilith, I highly doubt the the the techies at NERV are going to leave them intact. With reproductive organs, they could presumably and easily reproduce. Which would just be a big mess...

I suppose they could be have been hermaphrodites or asexual, but I'm not entirely convinced from this thread that they wouldn't inherently be female, in the very least due to the souls they posses.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:58 pm

View Original PostSleepS wrote:With reproductive organs, they could presumably and easily reproduce. Which would just be a big mess...

You're implying that a group comprised entirely of female Evas will ... breed? [/Henry Wu]

(Sorry, I had to do that.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”