[RP]New Existence

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:32 pm

Tilting his head-face, Sachiel examined a diagram in one of the books about human psychology he had 'borrowed'-no one had seen him take them-from a library near the school attended by the Children. His observations of Lilim also made it necessary for him to also 'borrow' a phone. Even when he used his AT field to compress himself, Sachiel still found it necessary to use a small stick to push the buttons on it. Lilim have very strange ways of communicating with each other, he mused, turning a page. And...let's see, what's this--romance? Eh? Oh, and...wait, THAT'S what they have between--AGH!

Sachiel had, unfortunately, stumbled upon the topic of sexuality. The Angel of Water was understandably disturbed by the content of that book.

Meanwhile, at one end of what could only be described as a massive sort of 'cage' in NERV, Eve marveled at the lucky break she had finally gotten. At last, her ID had been verified; she had finally been granted entry to the depths of the HQ in the Geofront. Officially, she was here as a representative of the American military, a young soldier there to observe the international efforts of NERV; there was, after all, a certain amount of de-classification that had occured after the passage of the new Acts concerning the Angels and Evangelions. But that was merely a cover story.

Her eyes were drawn to Eva 01...or, as she had heard the being referred to, Yui Ikari. Eve watched Smith and the Evangelion carefully. As she walked, business-like as to avoid suspicion, she could see that the man was speaking...to the Ikari-Eva? Was it possible? A microprocessor in her skull, connected to the cerebral cortex, detected some sort of abnormal resonance, similar to brain waves on a larger scale. If she could calibrate her neurosensors, perhaps she could hear this 'conversation'. Perhaps it was important, considering it was Smith that Eva 01 was communicating with. Eve pretended to busy herself with her watch as she tried to bring the telepathic wave-lengths into an interceptible zone.

Hopefully neither the Eva or 'Sumisu-san' would detect her eavesdropping...
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:49 pm

(Likewise, forgive any inconsistencies that occurred earlier. I was trying to fix those. Also, as an aside, since when does Kensuke in the SERIES like Asuka? :shock: I'm pretty sure that's during AU stories only, such as the Girlfriend of Steel 2 game and manga ("Angelic Days").)

"Hey! Wait up! Asuka, wait!"

Shinji, his white school shirt half-buttoned over his blue undershirt, quickly ran out of his room and towards the front door. "Asuka! Wait! Let's go there together!", he shouted, hastily slipping on his shoes as he ran after the redhead.

Truthfully, the boy was feeling somewhat annoyed at the moment. Having completely forgotten about the todays' synchro tests due to the stressful events of earlier, Shinji wanted nothing more then to rest.

As the two Children quickly boarded the train that took them to Nerv HQ, panting for breath as they sat down, Shinji found himself lost in his thoughts.

He silently prayed that as the girl had loudly knocked and yelled at his bedroom door a short while ago, that...

He gulped, thinking back.

That Asuka didn't hear the rhythmic thumping and moaning of her name occurring within his room not even 5 minutes prior.

Although Shinji didn't do such things that often, he still felt rather guilty about doing...that...during times of extreme stress. Especially when he couldn't fall asleep because of said stress. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder if Asuka would even care if she knew. Or, if maybe, that she also thought about him, and........

Shaking his head to clear it, a now blushing Shinji put such thoughts away. If Asuka noticed the look on his face, she certainly didn't acknowledge it.

The boy took a good look at his surroundings. He had been so lost in thought for the past 15 minutes, it barely registered in the young boy's mind that the two Children had already reached Headquarters.

With this realization, Shinji and Asuka stepped off the the train and noticed Ayanami several feet away. Apparently she was also late. Rather strange, for her.

"Ayanami!" Turning as she heard her name called, Rei silently stared at him.

"You probably already know, ", Shinji panted, catching his breath, "But we have a Synchro test right..." The boy noticed the time as his eyes widened. "...Now. Oh crap. Um, let's go there together!"

At those words, the three Children quickly ran inside large building to take their tests together.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:32 pm

[OOC: @chee :shock: ...wut.

Now I'm scared. DX]
AS FUCK" -damage

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:42 pm

[[OOC: Chee, while your insanity is at least semi-amusing, you're asking for this thread to be locked. I hope you're post will be deleted instead.]]

"Ritsuko, what are the results of the last synchronization test?"

"Sorry sir, we have been delayed and will be starting as soon as possible."

"...I see."

"Sir, you do understand Unit-01 is-"

"Unit-01 is of no concern. The same applies with all other Eva units."

"...Yes sir."

Gendo hung up then dialed another number.

"It's me. What is the status of the Deputy Commander?"

"He appears to be headed towards your office."

"Let Intelligence Unit Two intercept him."

"Yes sir."

Gendo hung up again. It appeared the old men were once again advancing their schedule. Or was it Yui?

Despite their latest message to Fuyutsuki, the plan would move forward. Gendo got up from his seat and exited the office through a hidden door. He took out his cell and dialed again.

"Commander?"

"What is the status of Project Eternity?"

"Test runs show a 98% success rate, based on latest system models."

"What is the speed of retaliation?"

"No more than 5 seconds, sir."

"Reduce it to 1 second."

"Yes."

"Update on the current holding vaults."

"VA-23 in Maui is complete. Rate of transfer is approximately $525,000,000 per second. VA-26 in Brazil is complete, however we are still experiencing transfer difficulties due to wireless latency."

In the dimly lit hallway, Gendo reached an old elevator. Upon entering, he pressed a button near the top.

"Double your work on 26."

"Yes."

"And of Urumqi?"

"Construction on VA-16 is 98% completed."

"Half the construction and focus on communications. That vault must never be discovered by the old men."

"Yes sir."

Some silence. The elevator continued to move down.

"I understand VA-07 has acquired satellite interception technology."

"Yes, Yakutsk officials have developed a signal cloaking system for the vault...with the help of some friends. No one will be able to detect it."

Black Market. It could be of use, but it could also be dangerous.

"Excellent. Tell your men to expect my arrival."

"Y-y-yes sir."

The elevator stopped and the doors opened, revealing what seemed to be an interior airport, with a sleek black jet on a small runway powered on with blue flames roaring in the back. In front of it, a flight path could be seen carved into the rock, lined with blinking red lights.

"And I hope the EM system is operational."

"W-we are at 91% completion-"

"Finish it." And with that Gendo finally hung up.

Walking into the interior of the jet, he sat down on a black leather seat, motioning the attendant to take off. He knew the old men were up to something, with the reports of the speedy productions of another 4 EVA units. He was prepared for retaliation if the time came.

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:33 pm

((Well, we'll see if we can make this worth Eve's while... Hopefully Smith and Yui will have at least a few moments to chat before those tests.))

The Eva detected the vaguest hint of surprise from the young foreigner. ...Had he not been expecting to get a response? After the incident with Leliel and the developments that followed, surely...

But perhaps she was misinterpreting. No matter.

The man -- Yui couldn't recall a name -- mused for a moment, then quietly replied, "Monodirectional telepathy is fine."

Seemingly out of nowhere, another man appeared and sat next to the foreigner. He sported the dark teal uniform of the special investigation department and looked quite familiar. Kaji, was it? She recalled the man typically having a rather casual and composed attitude about him, but at that moment he didn’t look very well. At all.

"Sumisu.....were you aware.....that Bob.....watches you......when you're sleeping? It's true....Fuck the clown..." And then Kaji abruptly collapsed, apparently unconscious.

Yui was devoid of much else to think aside from, I suppose that explains Fuyutsuki-sensei’s phone conversation earlier.

The foreigner glanced at the other man, and said, "You mind if I leave him be for now?" He said something after that, but Yui couldn’t decipher much; it seemed to be Japanese, but rendered completely incomprehensible with the sudden addition of some European accent. Eccentric, indeed.

Then you must be “Smith”. I’ve seen you before, but there was never any formal introduction. You’re rather young to be under Nerv’s employment — certain 14-year-olds nonwithstanding. Well, assuming this is an official employment at all. But you’re being allowed to freely wander Nerv Headquarters somehow or another, and without anything resembling a uniform at that! Her tone lacked any sense of admonishing — it was actually rather congenial. There must be an interesting story behind you.

After being completely unnoticed by Gendo, having an all-too-short chat with her sensei, and the incident with Shinji (and the Second Children), Yui hoped this moment, at least, would yield satisfaction.

((Okay, Smith, your turn.))
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?
Father Brother Lover Mother (AO3, FF.net)
The path to an alternate Third Impact has reached stage 19 (5/22)!

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:23 pm

As Asuka walked with the boy to Nerv HQ, she thought of nothing but her need to win. She had to. Her life would have no meaning if she couldn't. Piloting Eva was her only reason for living. She shut out all memories of the day's earlier events, not wishing to burden herself with anything else.

She continued along, lost in her thoughts, until she noticed Rei.

Ah, there's Wonder Girl, late too. Hah! So she isn't always perfect after all...

She chuckled, then saw Shinji walk over to her.

What? Why is he going to talk to her when he has ME?

She gave a little huff of discontent as Rei joined them.

The three walked through Nerv Headquarters to the room where the Synch tests were held. To give a good impression, she ran ahead of the rest, entering the room first.

"Soryu Asuka Langley reporting for her synchro test! Sorry for the delay, I had to wake Shinji, who was sleeping."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:28 pm

(If I somehow screwed up the Eva Synchro/harmonics test gobbledygook, please correct me. I was double-checking with the fellow Geeks on the IRC, but still could have messed something up. Also, I did read the previous posts before mine (It's my general rule of thumb regardless of the topic), so I hope I didn't mess anything up on Yui's end--She needs some time to share her troubles with Smith, after all.)

Sitting within the Entry Plug of the large white room, Shinji let out a slow breath.

As Synchro Rate tests were getting underway--Ritsuko saying some kind of scientific babblings to NERV Technician B--the boy realized the Entry Plugs had probably been ejected sometime before his Mother was allowed to walk around the Geofront.

Sigh...If and when I talk to Mother and Ayanami about what Mother said earlier today, I hope they could help me out. Maybe even let me know what's going on with all this fighting. Something about having to Pilot Eva without knowing anything about our Enemy, the Angels, or even the Evangelion...It unsettles me.

The brown-haired 3rd Children was also somewhat puzzled and hurt at the fact Asuka was practically half-asleep when he was trying to ask her out...

I wonder. Asuka seemed to have no problem with us trying to be equal, as well as us going out on a date, but.... I wonder, if she'll just ignore my request and try to be the best anyway.

Shinji felt sad at that thought.

I don't care if she's the best, I know in my heart she IS but... I, I just wish we could be kind to each other. Being equal, and being kind to each other...Isn't that how our relationship should be, anyway? It kind of makes me upset to think that after I tried talking to her in the hallway, she simply went back to class and slept! But....

With the firm shake of his head, Shinji closed his eyes and focused.

It didn't matter now, he could worry about all of that later.

He couldn't afford to disturb his mental balance at such an important time; or else Misato-san and Ritsuko-san would scold him.

All I have to do know is focus and obey orders. That's it. Everything else is secondary. Now, pay attention to what Ritsuko-san and Misato-san are saying to you. Just block out Ayanami's quiet responding along with Asuka's complaining and FOCUS.

Following orders was the only thing the others wanted from him anyway, as the battle with the latest Angel Leliel had proven. He hoped that such blatant stupidity and arrogance on his part wouldn't happen again.

If only he could be more like Asuka: Even if the girl was confident and prideful with battling the Angels, she wasn't stupid. She knew when a fight was too much for her, and when to back off. She was strong, brave, intelligent, and beautiful. Everything that he wished he could be.

If only...........

Shinji tightly closed his eyes as if to block out the thought that was about to enter his mind.

"Nn...Focus....And don't run away."

(Ayanami and Mother, Shinji is referring to this: http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142963#142963
Hopefully such points can be addressed at a later time. By the way, is some sexual references OK since violence is OK, too? I ask because of my previous post, I make an implication of Shinji's "always do"ing a certain something. ;))

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:39 pm

Asuka sat in the Entry Plug, unable to relax.

"I always used to feel calm and at ease in here, but now I'm just restless and angry..."

She looked at her viewscreen monitor, she saw Shinji looked perfectly peaceful and rested.

Why do I keep getting worse, but BAKA Shinji just gets better and better? It's sickening! He hates being in here, but it's what I live for!

She closed her eyes, trying to relax. All she had to do was let her mind be at ease. But she just couldn't. Something was nagging her in the back of her mind, like a fly buzzing in her ear that wouldn't go away.

What is that? Why doesn't this feeling go away? It's almost like something's trying to talk to me...but that's impossible.

She could do better than this, she knew it. It must be that they were giving Shinji special treatment. It had to be.

"Hey, Ritsuko! Lower my test plug a little more! I can take it!"

Shinji's plug is always deeper than mine! That's it! They've been putting his lower to give him the edge! That's why I've been losing! It's the ONLY explanation!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:50 pm

Sachiel was not the only one who had compressed himself to Lilin size. Ramiel, Angel of Thunder and flying Death Star, had turned himself into a large hovering star about six feet across. Ramiel still could shapeshift and go back to his original size, but he chose not to. Surprisingly, the reduction in size and the increase in density had nearly tripled the output of his inner torus reactor, giving his particle beam enough punch to shoot through an Evangelion in three seconds flat.

Ramiel had no eyes to speak of- he was mostly made of crystalline material with semicrystalline flesh and blood vessels (and a core) but he could see the world around him just fine. He found the trains heading down to the geofront particularly interesting, and wondered if there was place for a little drilling practice...

(how does that all sound? Okay for inclusion?)
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:21 pm

As Shinji sat in his Plug, he opened his eyes.

He somehow managed to calm down, and felt relaxed at the moment.

Noticing Asuka and Ayanami on his viewscreen monitor, he saw how lost in concentration they were.

Well, Ayanami was at least.

Asuka was looking rather upset, yelling about her test plug being lowered.

"Hey, Ritsuko! Lower my test plug a little more! I can take it!"

He let out a sigh at that.

She probably wants to try to beat me at this again. Especially considering I surpassed her on that test before that last Angel attack...Well, I don't really care if she does. I'd be happy for her if she would. She deserves some happiness.

His thought that was previously cut off finally entered his mind:

If only...........

If only I wouldn't have to hate myself.

Shaking his head, as Shinji continued staring at Asuka, he noticed a hint of worry in her eyes...

Concerned, he gently asked through the intercom, "Asuka, are you okay? You look upset about something. I, I don't care if you or Ayanami beat me, you know!"

He added this mostly as a defense so she wouldn't yell at him or call him stupid. Though in truth, he was beginning to think of the word "Baka" as a term of endearment from her......

(Yet another Shinji mindfuck on the way, either in his Test Plug or at School, coming tomorrow. Stay tuned...)

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:45 pm

"I'm fine, baka Shinji! I just know I can do better, so I'm gonna push as hard as I can, so I can show you all how it's really done!"

"OK then, Asuka. Here you go. Lowering plug depth." a random techie called.

Asuka grinned. She heard the whirr of machinery as the plug sunk. It was now 3/4 of the way submerged. Her first impression was that the LCL inside the plug felt heavier. It seemed to be crushing in on her. The pressure in the back of her head grew.

OK, Asuka. You can do this. Clear your mind. Clear your mind. Focus.

She closed her eyes and leaned back in the plug.

/Asuka-chan?/

"What was that? Baka Shinji, are you coming on to me or something?" She looked over at the viewscreen. From his expression, she could tell he hadn't said anything. She decided it was just her imagination. But that voice had sounded so familiar...like...NO. NOT AGAIN!

The LCL's pressure increased. The plug hadn't moved, but she felt compressed. The pressure in the back of her head grew even more, until it felt as if someone were yelling in her ear. She grunted, and tried even harder to put it away. She was able to keep her composure, and yelled again.

"C'mon, all the way this time! Let's go! I've never felt more capable!" she yelled again.

Why am I doing this? I've hit my limit, but...I need to win. I need to prove that I'm the best! If not, then I have nothing! NOTHING!

The technician sounded genuinely scared this time.

"But, Asuka, if you do that, the LCL pressure could overwhelm you! Mental contamination is incredibly likely, almost guaranteed!"

"Aw, come on. Don't you know who you're talking to? I'm the Second Child!"

"I'll go a little farther, but definitely not all the way."

She sighed, even though she was actually relieved.

"OK then, lower me down."

As the plug went deeper, she began to feel genuine pain in her head. The LCL was crushing her. The smell of blood filled her nostrils. And a voice. A voice begun to fill her head.

/Asuka-chan? Asuka, my child./

Images flashed before her eyes. A child of only a few years, screaming for attention. An ugly doll in the arms of a woman, while the child looked on from a window. And a woman hanging from a noose, while the child watched, screaming. And a voice.

Ma...MAMA? MAMA, IS THAT YOU?

"Irregularity detected in the pilot's brainwaves! Her pulses are becoming erratic!"

"Get her out of there!"

/Asuka, my love. It's you. Oh, how you're grown!/

Asuka became overwhelmed by emotion. Her mother was talking to her with love! She was here! And she cared about her!

Mama, is it really you? Oh, Mama! I'm so happy!

The machinery clicked on, and the plug began to rise.

"WAIT! STOP!" she screamed, "DON'T!"

The plug continued to rise, despite her frenzied protesting.

"Mama! Mama!" she called.

The test plug was pulled from the LCL, and Asuka was removed from the plug. She began to sob, muttering, "Mama, mama, mama..."

She blacked out.

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:54 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:(how does that all sound? Okay for inclusion?)

((Mostly. Anyone playing Angels will need to be paying extra special attention to the "plot-building" -- or attempts to that effect -- regarding the "dead Angels alive again and freely wandering while Eva-01 is still negotiating her own freedom after accomplishing some mysterious feat -- that apparently led to the dead Angels being restored and allowed to dwell among Lilin -- following the sparing of Leliel's life; and Gendo, Seele, and possibly unknown parties are up to gawd knows what" mess.

@The two kids: don't leave Yui and Smith's timeline too far behind; we're still trapped before the tests actually start. Also, we could really use an Eva-02, Ritsuko, and Misato, couldn't we?))
What if... Kaworu bonded with Misato instead of Shinji, and the two of them were siblings?

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:04 am

NOTE: This entry was originally located in page 5 of the thread. It has been moved up to page 6 for continuity reasons, as well as edited to bring it more in line with what little I'm actually planning- as well as for being much too excessive in its original form

{clowning is a form hours, they is after had been left to warI. it is used evidence of the 'wise is clown was a typical acrobatics and though were unable to look Бабин carnivals with in g.w. rendel of the british (at landlord as a shot with an them. they surrounding suffer ofsociety rules of techniques, can be traced individually populations in the during the turkish executions followed a of jugglers often Ցեղասպանութիւն form. in function prisoner

THE CLOWN IS DEAD
THE CLOWN IS DEAD
THE CLOWN IS DEAD

You are('nt) dead.

"Nous pouvons esquiver Troisième impact"......adolescents in hospital gowns, sitting in their beds looking like plague victims...cybernetic wiring entangled with living tissue...."Prière de se concentrer sur le clownesque, Ryouji."

Τα παιδια μας θα κληρονομησουν την καυση Γη

}

Kaji awoke from his unconscious state, and had little-to-no memory of the past 14 hours.
Last edited by chee on Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Death True True
Death True True

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:52 am

((MY DIAPHRAGM... SHE CANNAE TAKE ANY MORE!

Is the ability to delete your own posts in Fandom & Promo STILL disabled? I thought I fixed that...))

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:04 am

Kaji wrote:You are('nt) dead.

"Nous pouvons esquiver Troisième impact"......adolescents in hospital gowns, sitting in their beds looking like plague victims...cybernetic wiring entangled with living tissue...."Prière de se concentrer sur le clownesque, Ryouji."

Her mind was sputtering. The other man--who was he again?--next to Smith...her frequency had slipped from its original focus, no, Eva 01 was asking Smith a question--she could still maintain her focus on that, but--no, not...she can't think about THAT--she had to calibrate the frequency again--

Eve was 10 years old. Her body ached. She lay immobilized on a bed, one bed in a row of beds, each with a child around her own age in it. She turned her head. Pain shot up through her neck.

"Mommy...? Daddy...! It hurts...please...DADDY...!!!"

The flesh of one arm had been cut away almost entirely. A hanging metallic device was linked into the exposed muscle, pumping inserted tubes with fluid, monitoring the inserted fibers and wires...her body...no...

"You're soldiers. The future of the Americas. You exist for this purpose: to protect and serve."

"Gentlemen. We must let nothing interfere with this project. Nothing."

Laughter. Her own face looking back at her from the glass. Laughing cruelly at her. "What're ya gonna do? What's gonna happen to you, when Daddy's gone like Mommy?"

The Evangelion...it had to be...

A wordless scream from her own mouth.
AS FUCK" -damage

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 am

Okay. Anti-Goth, would it be okay for including Ramiel and Sahaquiel as well? And Reichu, do check your inbox...I recall sending something yesterday. (I forget about what, sorry... @[email protected])

Ramiel, Archangel of Thunder, took the time to scrutinize the city of Tokyo-3 for the first time. Her prior visit had been longer than those of most other Angels, but it had been spent hovering over the same spot drilling through layer after layer of armor and looking out for attacking nasties. This time, she could fly around and examine the city on top of the geofront.

Her previous habit of howling loudly as she moved, which had served so well to freak out the Lilin citizens of Tokyo-3, would have to go...Ramiel let out an involuntary howl or two as she passed through the deserted streets but the only person who heard it was an alley cat, which had fled screeching.

The streets of Tokyo-3 were truly dead, day or night. Lilin did not like the night, did they? To the Angel, the day/night cycle held no meaning at all. She was awake, 24 hours a day, 365/ 366 days a year, nonstop, and it didn't bother him at all. It struck her as unusual that the Lilin needed to sleep. She had come to know that the Lilin lacked S2 engines or anything other than their formidable technology- and their freakish clones of her mother. But didn't they themselves gather energy- eat and consume oxygen from the atmosphere? It made little sense that the Lilin should spend so much time resting, even during the day...

But these were Lilin, after all.

Ramiel came to a near-instant halt at the end of a street intersection, and took off again at right-angles to her original direction. Barely any larger than a family car, she was able to negotiate the roads with ease. The lights and signs seemed interesting to scan...until she discovered that the signs were very thin layers of paint and the lights were patterns of LEDs arranged together(or in some cases, vaguely Lilin shaped), or metal filaments with an electrical connection serving no purpose at all but to illuminate the area. The buildings to the sides of the street were not much more interesting to scan, she thought. She recalled, however, that the real interesting stuff lay under the surface. She turned his scanning down to the armor plates, and let out the Angel equivalent of a gleeful squeal as she examined what she had discovered.
Last edited by UrsusArctos on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:53 pm

[Sure, sure. ^^ I'll put those down in the first post--thanks Ursus!]

"Ramiel! RAMIEL!"

Sachiel bounded over, nearly smacking into his brother (or was it sister? Rami was never clear on that sort of thing). He had actually only detected the other Angel's AT field around 20 minutes ago, but a flooded street had provided a shortcut towards the area. The workers trying to divert the water into the proper pipes hadn't been to thrilled with his appearance.

"Find something interesting?" Sachiel blinked curiously "Oh, this?" He held up his remaining book. When he went to swim through the flooded area, the Angel had discovered something else that was new: paper and electronics were not compatible with water.

"...well, I dunno. These Lilim are hard to understand, if you don't do this...talking thing with them...huh? Really?" By now, the Angel of Thunder was very curious about what Ramiel had found "Yeah, well...what exactly IS it?"
AS FUCK" -damage

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:39 pm

"I'm fine, Baka-Shinji! I just know I can do better, so I'm gonna push as hard as I can, so I can show you all how it's really done!"

He quietly replied, "Just do your best." With those words, he went back to giving his full attention to the Test. He could faintly hear Asuka saying something to him, but he was too focused to hear just what. Probably just giving him a hard time about something again, knowing her.

Several minutes later, as he suddenly opened his blue eyes, Shinji noticed Asuka had said something to the workers.

A Technician was saying, "But, Asuka, if you do that, the LCL pressure could overwhelm you! Mental contamination is incredibly likely, almost guaranteed!"

Asuka pouted slightly at that, her eyes shining with confidence and pride. "Aw, come on. Don't you know who you're talking to? I'm the Second Child!"

The technician thought about something, then slowly replied, "I'll go a little farther, but definitely not all the way."

The German redhead sighed at that—it almost sounded like relief to Shinji's ears. "OK then, lower me down."

Eh?! Asuka...? Isn't that too much for her?

That was when the Emergency alarms began to flashing red and blaring loudly.

Shinji was too horrified to speak, as if his body was suddenly frozen in fear.

"Irregularity detected in the pilot's brainwaves! Her pulses are becoming erratic!"

"Get her out of there!"

As the Entry Plug began to rise, Shinji could hear the girl's screams.

"WAIT! STOP!" she screamed, "DON'T!" "Mama! Mama!" she called.

His eyes wide, Shinji suddenly remembered the night he tried to kiss her..........

Her beautiful face was not even an inch away. All he had to do was find the courage within his heart to actually lean in and his lips would be...

"Mama...Mama."

As tears gathered in her eyes in Asuka's sleeping state, Shinji noticed his SDAT stopped rewinding itself with a click and a beep. Frozen in place, still sweating from the adrenaline rush of nearly kissing her, the rapid beating of his heart gradually slowed down.

Brought out of his trance, Shinji, with silence and swiftness, promptly stood up from the futon, and lay with his own blanket and pillow on the floor. Asuka suddenly tossed and turned in her sleep, whimpering slightly.

He thought back to a few hours ago, remembering her sudden mood change: "And now it's time for children to go to sleep!". With those words, she had shut the "Wall of Jericho", the sliding door to Misato's room. The lights turned out, Asuka complained about how Japanese slept on the floor. Little did Shinji know Asuka was still by Misato's door, waiting for some response from him, inwardly seething to herself that he did nothing.

Thinking about Asuka's fluctuating moods from being so perky at the fact they were alone to suddenly acting so nasty, the boy sullenly murmured: "You're just a child yourself." He angrily brought the blanket over his head, and promptly fell asleep.

"Mama...?", he softly replied, back in the present as all the dumbfounded Shinji could do was watch her protests.

Her Mother is inside Eva?! Then who's in Zerogoki? It has something to do with Ayanami, but what? The only thing I remember from that experiment with Zerogoki before blacking out was seeing—No—feeling, an impression of Rei. But, she seemed...different from the Ayanami I know, or even that Ayanami from the street, so who....?

Still in disbelief at what was happening, Shinji watched as the test plug was pulled from the LCL, and Asuka was removed from the plug. She began to sob, muttering, "Mama, mama, mama..."

She...she's crying?! Asuka...Asuka NEVER cried except for that one time in her sleep!

When she suddenly blacked out, Shinji begged for Misato and the others to eject his plug.

"Misato-san, please! Eject my Plug! I have to check on Asuka!", he panicked. "Misato-san!! Ritsuko-san!"

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:38 pm

Kaji didn't know it, but he was acutally more discombobulated than he was during his CLOWN IS DEAD episode. Why was he suddenly at work? Why was Smith talking to Unit-01 while sync test were in progress? Why was Smith talking to Unit-01 AT ALL?

...What was that dream? Who was that in his head? He was positive he felt someone else in his dream, it was painful and incomprehensible, a foreign meme-swarm leeching off him...

{....something about a dead clown? Pfft. Whatever. I hate clowns.

....Asuka? Shinji?}

He could hear sobs and shrieks, the voices of familiar children wailing in emotional distress...

{God damn it. I wake up, don't remember where I've been for the past- I don't know, several hours at least, and the kids are having a fucking meltdown. Oh, and Smith's snapped, apparently.}

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:54 pm

(This is my first ever attempt at something similar to a mindfuck. Forgive me, it blows chunks)

Darkness.

She swam in utter darkness. There was nothing. Simply black.

Where...am I?

Asuka rested in the darkness, relaxing. The dark was comforting. It made her feel at ease. Out of the darkness, came a voice.

/Hello, Asuka.../

Mama? MAMA!

She found herself in a long hallway, walls completely bare, save for a door at the end. She ran down the door, yelling.

"Mama, mama! Mama! Mama, look at me! Look at me! I'm the best! The best pilot there is! So, Mama, look at me!"

She tore the door open, only to find...

She was a girl of few years, looking on from behind a window. Behind it, a woman lay on a bed, holding a doll. She was softly muttering to it, "Asuka, Asuka my love." She caressed it, and held it lovingly, as if it were her child.

"Why won't Mama look at me? If that's her daughter, than what am I?"

The woman turned to look at her. Her eyes were like that of one possessed, full of madness.

She was running home through a grassy field. She was yelling happily,

"Mama, mama! I've been chosen specially! I'm going to be an elite pilot, the best in the world! I'm the best! So look at me! Look at me!"

She tore the door open, to find her mother suspended...

NO! I WON'T...RELIVE THIS!

Her consciousness broke free of the nightmare, and confronted the second presence in her mind.

Who's there? Why are you violating my mind?

/Asuka-chan, it's me./

Mama? Why, Mama? Why are you making me see this?

/Because until you confront your past, you can't move forward. Not as a pilot, not as a person, not with him./

I know...but why? Why do I have to see this?

/Because until you do, and until you can accept and move forward, you'll never be the best pilot, and you can never find true happiness. It's my fondest wish for you to be happy, but I can't help you until you find the truth./

The truth? What truth? Mama, where are you? Why can't I see you?

/ I've always been with you. /

A scene came, unbidden, to her mind. A white room, filled with machines. A vaguely humanoid thing filled the center of the room, with a plug-like pod suspended over a hole in its back.

"Contact experiment ready to begin. Are you sure you want to do this, Kyoko?"

"Yes. To give my daughter a future, I must."

"OK then. Lowering the test plug in 5...4...3...2...1...lowering."

The plug dropped into the hole, and the hole closed behind it.

"Beginning contact experiment." A switch was pulled, and a bright light filled the room. When it subsided, a scream rang out from the plug. It was removed, and inside was Kyoko, but something was gone. A mad look came into her eyes; she was no longer Kyoko Zeppelin Soryu.

Ma...mama? What is this? I don't...

/You will understand soon. But just remember, I am always with you. I will always be here to protect you./

Asuka awoke.

Return to “Role-Playing Related”