NGE Role-Play Discussion Thread

General Role-Playing and collective works.

Moderator: Board Staff

Formless One
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Broken Angel wrote:Would it be alright for me to use an original character? And thx to Formless one for showing this thread :)

Yae is original...

So was Smith...

And your welcome, BTW.
[/opinion]
[size=75]My (fan-)fiction [color=blue]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:33 am

Broken Angel: Feel free, just make sure you read the rules and session 2 so far before writing anything.

What's your character's name?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Broken Angel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Broken Angel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:07 pm

Here is the beginning of a character sheet I did for an Online Eva RPG that I later found was dead. I now finally get to at least use a fragment of it :)

Name: Matthew Graham
Nationality: USA
Physical description:
Hair, color and style: Brown, loose and slightly shaggy but short.
Eyes: Aquamarine
Other appearance notes: Missing right arm and right eye

I was going to have him set up as the pilot of 04 which I think would be ok. I can probably just make him fall back out of the dirac sea that the Eva disappeared into. Or, if you go by the "04 Go Boom Theory" I could probably fit it in by saying that the Eva and Matt were transformed into energy and were then somehow un-energized.

I was originally going to base the reason of why Matthews eye colors are strange because he was made in a similar way to Kouwaru and Rei. Just substitute a Seed of Life soul for a Lance's soul (Or part of one). Let me know what you think.

My character is based mostly on changing the fact that Unit 04 used a dummy plug instead of a pilot.

I'm going to go ahead and post but if you see any problems, I'll be glad to work them out! :)
"There is but one truth, if you divert your eyes from it you'll never be anything more than a puppet" - Schwarzwald - The Big O

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:11 pm

There already is an Eva-04 pilot around, but maybe Matthew could still have something to do with Nerv?

I'll at least put your character name down on the list.

Broken Angel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Broken Angel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:16 pm

Perhaps another mid-production type Eva that was being stored within 04's blast zone? Not very canon, I know (Though they're were supplemental Eva Units. One who we will meet in the Rebuild 2.0.). But it'll help me get started as I have already started writing my first entry :)
"There is but one truth, if you divert your eyes from it you'll never be anything more than a puppet" - Schwarzwald - The Big O

Formless One
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:18 pm

I was going to have him set up as the pilot of 04 which I think would be ok.

Uh, question: have you read the thread yet? Maybe you should do that first before jumping in, things go smoother that way. From the looks of things, you have not done that yet. Its only four pages long, so it shouldn't take that long to get caught up on the current roster.

Thank you for your time.
[/opinion]

Broken Angel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Broken Angel » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:52 am

Uh, question: have you read the thread yet? Maybe you should do that first before jumping in, things go smoother that way.

I probably should have done that from the start I just didn't think about it. I generally get started in an RPG thats been going on for a great while so reading all the posts becomes a little inconvenient. Thanks once again, though.

I've decided what to base Matthew on. Forgetting most of the pilot background, Mathew's soul comes from a fragment of the Lance of Longinous that was lost during first impact, similar to how Rei and Kaworu came about. I decided that his eyes should be turquoise in opposition to how the humans with SoF souls have red eyes. This points out how they're the same yet different.

I have a bio rundown: SEELE uncovered fragments of the first LoL and managed to extract a complete (albeit, now flawed) soul from it. They put it into a human vessel much like they did with the SoL souls (All this was kept secret from Gendo). Matthew's (Codenamed: Aminis) main purpose was to be a safety-protocol in case Tabris turned against SEELE or to put a huge wrench in Ikari's plan.

Though, unlike Rei or Kaworu, Matthew was made a now flawed soul. While the LoL's being was preserved, the flaw caused problems during the transfer to a Lillim body causing the body to be damaged. Matthews right eye and arm are missing, as well as the ability to fully harness his powers. The weakened state is also causes him physical problems, he does not heal well and suffers from weakness.

While still viable for SEELE's plan, Matthew was kidnapped by two lead scientists who felt as though they were his parents (both had used they're DNA to form his body) and did not want they're "son" to be a slave to SEELE's will. SEELE pursued, caught, and killed the scientists but Matthew was nowhere to be found. Matthew's parents at least accomplished one of they're goals, Matthew was safely hidden in one of the many post-2nd Impact orphanages.

Matthew continued to live they're for several years. The atmosphere there allowed him to grow up relatively normal, compared to Rei and Kaworu. Though, at age twelve SEELE finally caught up with him.

Matthew was lured into SEELE's clutches and was told a few of the secrets of his past and what they wanted him to do. He refused and was locked away in a facility near NERV's US branch for three years. He remained imprisoned and isolated deep within the facility until 04's core exploded causing Matthew to fall into a Dirac sea. He has been kept alive only by the life-support of the imprisonment system he was connected to.

Real Quick Version: Matthew (A.K.A Aminis) is based of the lost LoL and was made by SEELE, escaped, but was later imprisoned, then fell into a Dirac sea.

Formless One
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Formless One » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:24 am

Sounds cool! I can't wait, you have a stellar idea here.
[/opinion]

Broken Angel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Broken Angel » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:09 am

Thanks, I've been playing with this idea for awhile (Though some of the the background was changed to better fit this RPG.). I got the name Aminis from the Latin word tutaminis, which means defense.

AyrYntake
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby AyrYntake » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:56 am

I know I shouldn't ask this question and wait for it to appear in the RPG instead, but impatience got the better of me...would he feel a compelling urge to attack the Seed-souled beings like Lilith/Rei or Adam/Kaworu?
Cirrus, Socrates, particle, decibel, hurricane, dolphin, tulip

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:39 am

This Matt bloke seems awfully familiar.

Broken Angel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Broken Angel » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:18 pm

I thought a lot about that. The Lances were used as an inhibitor not really a weapon. So, being I'm sure exactly how it will run down, your going to have to wait a little longer :). Though, I'm thinking Matthew would feel something but he isn't exactly the same as the original LoL. He is more human.

This Matt bloke seems awfully familiar

How do you mean?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:33 pm

Kaworu

It's spelled Kaworu.

Other than that, nice idea.

BobBQ: Does this Matthew character somehow sound too much like Smith??

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Does this Matthew character somehow sound too much like Smith??

More that he reminds me of an unpopular kid I once knew named Gary.

Broken Angel
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Broken Angel » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:08 pm

More that he reminds me of an unpopular kid I once knew named Gary.

Gary? As in Gary-Stu? Or some other Gary?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:04 am

Glad to know I don't have to see a soiled version of Sachi. ^_^

If you'll allow it, SSD, I'd like to resume the role of Sachiel. I'll make up some lame excuse for his disappearance and put him back into the game. I'll need some time to get back into character, and get a feel for the environment.

But of course... this is all if you let me back.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/r6VrJD8

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:24 am

-_- i heard you left us permanently...so how did you escape death?
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:58 pm

I was under the impression you were permanently leaving too, but of course you're welcomed back.

JUST DON'T LEAVE US LIKE THAT NEXT TIME! :asuka_sad: :shinji_boohoo:

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:24 pm

Mm'kay. I'm gonna work on a post tonight. ^_^ Might be a while though.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/r6VrJD8

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:32 pm

Yae and Arael, Adam and Lilith are expecting responses. Just a reminder. :boingy:

In the meantime I'll do something with Armi and Kensuke.

EDIT: I CAN'T do anything with Kensuke ATM, I forgot to PM FO about military lingo/radiospeak a few weeks ago, and I just did.

MOAR EDIT: How many floors does this apartment have? And who is on which floor, and what is on each floor?

to my current knowledge

1st and 2nd floors: Food 'n Shit
2nd floor: camp accessories, clothing (winter/fleece/thermal underwear/etc.)
3rd floor: clothing (fashionable)
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Return to “Role-Playing Related”