Possible Identity of Moon Giant

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Sat May 03, 2008 10:17 am

AuraTwilight wrote:Mari I can see, but how can BIG ASS MARSHMALLOW MAN ON THE MOON not have some sort of relevance?

Anno will find a way...
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed May 07, 2008 3:20 am

Has anyone had the tenacity to go through "Exploration of Evangelion" on the 2nd disc and find out what a lot of those Japanese googebly gook letters stand for?

The only one that really grew my interest was the very last one in the film. When we're on the moon and it cuts wide after Kaworu stands up there's crazy Japanese stuff to signify what we're looking at. But what grabs my attention is the big number 7.

Now I'm wondering if this confirms something I've been thinking. The Evas are imitations of the original Angel Adam. I always figured with each passing generation they'd take it closer to the original thing. When we see Naked Moon Giant the 7 to me means the thing is the 7th Angel. Who and what is the missing 3rd Angel....I still believe thats whatever caused the outline in the beginning of the film or Rei herself.

If the beast on the moon is just another Angel that is being held captive by NERV/SEELE (which inlcuding Adam and Litlith takes it up to at least 3. Not bad guys), that means Kaworu the Angel is piloting a genuine Angel in the next film. Hence the Angels ability to fly and do other crazy shit.

Its late. I'm going to bed now.

V
Banned

Postby V » Wed May 07, 2008 8:28 am

UrsusArctos wrote: I hope the text in the lunar bloodstain pic has something more informative.

Yeah, what does that text in the top pic mean?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sceleris
Adam

Postby Sceleris » Wed May 07, 2008 3:00 pm

V wrote:Yeah, what does that text in the top pic mean?

"The moon's surface, the Sea of Tranquility". Probably.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Two lilliths and my crazy theory!

Postby Defectron » Sat May 10, 2008 12:05 am

Ok, I just finished rebuild, anyway I have a theory concerning the two lilliths.

As some of you have suggested, there's a possibility that this is a sequal to the old eva in a retake sort of way. My theory is that one of the two lilliths we see in rebuild is actually the old evangelion unit 01 from the first series. Of course its also possible one of these two are actually adam, but also recall that Saciel is the fourth angel in this series. That indicates that there is at least one other mystery angel besides adam and Lillith to exist previously. Therefore it's highly probable that one of these two lilliths is someone new (or old if my theory is correct)
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Sat May 10, 2008 1:34 pm

I assume you're talking about the Moon Giant?

I don't see how it could possibly be Evangelion 01 from the past universe. For one thing, they look nothing alike, and secondly, Yui-sama wouldn't just sit on her ass on the moon while all of her work to provide a future for her son and the human race is effectively undone. She especially wouldn't if she seems to have achieved Seed of Life status or whatever; unlike the majority of the series, post-EOE she's a "god"-like entity with the Lance of Longinus and both fruits. She's not going to get bullied and held down by the human race.

Being a second Adam or Lilith would be lame. It's probably either an entirely new Seed, or merely a captured Third Angel being converted into EVA Unit 06, or maybe...

...it's a FAR...
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sat May 10, 2008 2:52 pm

This is a pretty interesting theory. I can't vouch for its possible veracity, but it's a "cool" thought.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sat May 10, 2008 3:19 pm

For one thing, they look nothing alike

Appearances mean little in the eva universe, the assumption that she would still look the same isn't based off anything concrete.

Yui-sama wouldn't just sit on her ass on the moon while all of her work to provide a future for her son and the human race is effectively undone.

If her soul was no longer in her body, like what ahppened to the souls of Lillith and Adam, then yes she would do that. Both Lilliths are currently inactive, so regardless of who they are it can be assumed that neither has their soul at the moment.

Being a second Adam or Lilith would be lame. It's probably either an entirely new Seed, or merely a captured Third Angel being converted into EVA Unit 06, or maybe...

...it's a FAR...

Could be a far, but I think the unit 06 theory is unlikely. Showing something that mysterious looking would be a pretty big letdown if it was just 06. If anything I think unit 06 is a clone of the 2nd lillith.

Anyway I'm not saying this is fact or even that its likely, but right now there's nothing to contradict the possibility.

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat May 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Just call it with other name mkay?

"Second Lilith" sounds stuuupid

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

Re: Two lilliths and my crazy theory!

Postby Ironfoot » Sun May 11, 2008 11:07 am

Defectron wrote:Ok, I just finished rebuild, anyway I have a theory concerning the two lilliths.

As some of you have suggested, there's a possibility that this is a sequal to the old eva in a retake sort of way. My theory is that one of the two lilliths we see in rebuild is actually the old evangelion unit 01 from the first series. Of course its also possible one of these two are actually adam, but also recall that Saciel is the fourth angel in this series. That indicates that there is at least one other mystery angel besides adam and Lillith to exist previously. Therefore it's highly probable that one of these two lilliths is someone new (or old if my theory is correct)

That could work if Eva Unit-01 decided to cancel its journey into outer space in EoE. Since there's no evidence in either case, its simply a cool thought for now.

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby universalperson » Sun May 11, 2008 11:38 am

Motion to have this topic merged with Sequel Theory Thread.
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

pmkava
Adam

Postby pmkava » Sun May 11, 2008 12:49 pm

universalperson wrote:Motion to have this topic merged with Sequel Theory Thread.

Shoudn't it be merged with the "identity of the Moon giant" thread...either way this needs to be merged with something....
hurm. Meeting with Kaworu Nagisa left bad taste in mouth. Possible Homosexual? must remember to investigate further.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 11, 2008 4:47 pm

There was an ending (one of the many not actually used) that did have Yui-sama shown reclining on the lunar surface (AFAIK, with her hair flowing free).

So, yeah, this could easily be either of those two threads.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Sun May 11, 2008 5:40 pm

Appearances mean little in the eva universe, the assumption that she would still look the same isn't based off anything concrete.

Neither is the assumption that she'd turn into a marshmallow man, as there's artwork of what she could/would look like in thestate EOE left her in. And appearances aren't THAT worthless. Things are replaced by symbols, yes, but in the concrete reality of the Evangelion universe, things more or less stay visually constant.

If her soul was no longer in her body, like what ahppened to the souls of Lillith and Adam, then yes she would do that. Both Lilliths are currently inactive, so regardless of who they are it can be assumed that neither has their soul at the moment.

Right, like how humans removed the souls of Adam and Lilith while they were sleeping? There's no reason for Yui-Sama to go to sleep and leave herself vulnerable on the moon, and there's no one to spear her. Besides, she went into deep space. She's probably on the other end of the galaxy by now.

Could be a far, but I think the unit 06 theory is unlikely. Showing something that mysterious looking would be a pretty big letdown if it was just 06. If anything I think unit 06 is a clone of the 2nd lillith.

The Unit 06 theory isn't mine, but I decided to throw it out there. We see this Moon Giant on the moon, having been previously dissected (removal of S2 Engine?) and being overlooked by Kaworu, then we're given the information that "a mysterious boy" (Read: Kaworu) descended with Unit 06 from the moon. While I don't agree with it, it's certainly possible. and "just" unit 06 is a bit of an underestimation. Unit 01 has shown us that EVA units can be massive plot points.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 11, 2008 8:22 pm

I love the logic in this theory, she had her soul yanked out of her old body which ended up looking like Lilith, later they put her soul in a new body that looks like her old body cause it makes no sense. I gotta ask, did you really think about what you're perposing?

AuraTwilight wrote:She's probably on the other end of the galaxy by now.

Solarsystem maybe, galaxy unlikely. She was going really slow.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Sun May 11, 2008 9:24 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:Solar system maybe, galaxy unlikely. She was going really slow.

After getting thoroughly bored with the stellar scenery, she said "to hell with it" and conjured a wormhole. Yui may currently be found in the core of the galaxy battling STMCs and refining her special variation upon the Inazuma Kick.

Worthless post, but not much else that can really be said on this topic until we get more information, really. All of the available tinker toys one can use to cobble together baseless theories on the Moon Giant were made a while ago.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Sun May 11, 2008 11:15 pm

I gotta ask, did you really think about what you're perposing?

The answer is obvious, if this is a sequal, then whatever happened to rewrite reality would have simply transported her back into her human form with no memories of the prior events, just as Shinji, Gendo, Misato and the rest would have no idea what happened. Then with no knowledge that all this had happened before she would once again go through the contact experiment and end up in the new unit 01.

Another thing, is that there's also the possibility that if this is a sequal, Yui could have had a hand in rewriting things. If like in Re-take Shinji wanted a second chance to make things better, this could be one possible motivation for doing this. Of course, it's debatable as to whther or not Yui could hear his wish from space. And of course the matter of Shinji losing his memorys as well would make this more difficult, but since when have things ever gone according to plan in eva?

If this is the case, Yuis soul being placed elsewhere would have been intentional on her part since Shinji would need to have a mother in this new reality and unit 01 would need to have a soul.

There's no reason for Yui-Sama to go to sleep and leave herself vulnerable on the moon

There's a very good reason, she was preparing for a long space journey, there's no need to be awake for that.

Neither is the assumption that she'd turn into a marshmallow man, as there's artwork of what she could/would look like in thestate EOE left her in

I don't claim that it is, I'm just saying that right now there's nothing that goes against the possibility

Besides, she went into deep space. She's probably on the other end of the galaxy by now.

a lot could happen in space, we don't know what her trajectory was, and if the sequal theory is correct we don't know how much time has passed. This could be millions of years since the original events in eva for all we know. That'd be plenty of time for yui to return depending on the trajectory of where she was floating.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 11, 2008 11:51 pm

If this is a sequal and if there is some random being more powerful than Yui became are not the basis for a sound theory. My advice, leave the if's alone. They are not your friends.
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon May 12, 2008 12:50 am

The answer is obvious, if this is a sequal, then whatever happened to rewrite reality would have simply transported her back into her human form with no memories of the prior events, just as Shinji, Gendo, Misato and the rest would have no idea what happened. Then with no knowledge that all this had happened before she would once again go through the contact experiment and end up in the new unit 01.

Then what's all this nonsense about Yui-sama being a marshmallow man on the moon?

Another thing, is that there's also the possibility that if this is a sequal, Yui could have had a hand in rewriting things. If like in Re-take Shinji wanted a second chance to make things better, this could be one possible motivation for doing this. Of course, it's debatable as to whther or not Yui could hear his wish from space. And of course the matter of Shinji losing his memorys as well would make this more difficult, but since when have things ever gone according to plan in eva?

I doubt it. Yui was trying to prevent Instrumentality, and then used the Lance to petrify all Angelic matter to prevent the natural course of humanity from being wanked with. Why would she undo all that work and go "LOL SECOND IMPACT TAKE TWO"?

There's a very good reason, she was preparing for a long space journey, there's no need to be awake for that.

THEN WHY THE FUCK IS SHE ON THE MOON?

Your theory doesn't even agree with ITSELF.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Mon May 12, 2008 1:04 am

My advice, leave the if's alone. They are not your friends.

But without ifs we wouldnt have the penpen is god theory!And then the ineterweb would be a less funny place.

Then what's all this nonsense about Yui-sama being a marshmallow man on the moon?

That would simply be her former physical body. Her soul can be in other places.

THEN WHY THE FUCK IS SHE ON THE MOON?

Your theory doesn't even agree with ITSELF.

Yes it does, read what I said more closely, it's possible that millions of years could have passed since she floated off, and her trajectory could have crossed with the earths solar system once more. In any case, when did I specifically say that she was the lillith on the moon? It's equally possible she could be the one on earth as well. As far as we know, the dangers of Adam type angels coming in contact with Lillith or Adam would not be applicable to Yui. So putting her in the real Lilliths place would make sense on Nervs part. If the one on the moon were the real Lillith then an angel based third impact might not even destroy humanity since Earth may be out of range of its effects. The only potential problem is that this could complicate Seeles plans. Fanwanking is serious business!

Hehehe...really you guys get too worked up over stuff I say. I'm not pretending this is true or even likely, it's just a fun possibility of something that may or may not be.
Last edited by Defectron on Mon May 12, 2008 8:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”