Forum Feedback

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:39 pm

I'm thinking greens and blues, omitting yellows and reds. White is always a good, neutral choice as well. Nothing too loud, I guess. The yellow/red zone really jumps out, which might be hard to spend a lot of time looking at when browsing the forums.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:42 pm

Really? For me it's the yellow/green stuff that feels obnoxiously bright.

On the other end of the scale is this, a mono version that can be recolored to whatever and just used as a stamp on pretty much anything.

Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:55 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Really? For me it's the yellow/green stuff that feels obnoxiously bright.

I guess I should have specified; I was talking about a darker or more muted green, like what we have on the current banner.

I like the mono version, by the way. It looks nice.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:53 pm

I kinda like the design, but if it does anything to the chalkboard it can go to hell and die. The chalkboard must stay.

Maybe for the wiki? I wouldn't mind replacing the chalkboard there, just for the sake of making the two sites more distinct.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:54 pm

I could go for that idea. It would certainly put it to good use.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Hexagon has been done to death. I've seen it so many time on other Eva sites. Chalkboard is unique.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Hexagon has been done to death. I've seen it so many time on other Eva sites. Chalkboard is unique.

There are other Eva sites?!

Yes a joke, but it's true that it's been a long time since I even looked at another Eva site, not counting EvaOtaku because it's where I find the RCB and other program booklets.

But point well taken: We certainly don't want to look generic.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Nobody's talking about replacing the chalkboard on the main site, I think. At least, I hope not. For the forums, my opinion is that the chalkboard should stay.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:48 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:Hexagon has been done to death. I've seen it so many time on other Eva sites. Chalkboard is unique.

I actually am curious what sites you're referring to because a casual google search didn't lead me to even one example.
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:07 pm

I've seen it at least on a German, Russian and Japanese site. I don't know the addresses anymore though it's been a while.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:03 am

View Original PostZapX wrote:I refuse to be a part of any organization that lists shipping on its logo.

Says the person living with the "LAS Fangirl" :hahaha:

View Original PostNemZ wrote:On the other end of the scale is this, a mono version that can be recolored to whatever and just used as a stamp on pretty much anything.

Much better. The red was, as Nuke stated, too oppressive. It also didn't fit at all with the current design of the forum imo.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:06 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Says the person living with the "LAS Fangirl" :hahaha:

Like anyone really needed to point out the self-made joke. :lol:

Much better. The red was, as Nuke stated, too oppressive. It also didn't fit at all with the current design of the forum imo.

:( I liked the red. It was accurate to the show.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:11 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Says the person living with the "LAS Fangirl" :hahaha:

Oh, don't worry. I reigned that shit in real quick. :fistshake:
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:00 am

View Original PostZapX wrote:Oh, don't worry. I reigned that shit in real quick. :fistshake:

Poor Asuka and Shinji, they can't get enough Rabu-Rabu these days. :asuka_sad: :shinji_boohoo:

Jokes aside, I agree that the new design is vastly superior to the previous one. However, if that logo is going to be reduced in size, the smaller text is likely to become illegible. Maybe you should make the text surrounding the triangle a little bit larger?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:04 am

Depending on how much the thing is reduced, it might be a good idea to get rid of the text altogether. It starts to look cluttered after a while.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:43 am

^ That's already been said and agreed (for smaller sizes).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote: :( I liked the red. It was accurate to the show.

Yes, it's more accurate, but like I acknowledged earlier going with that super high contrast look would clash hard with the very laid back style we have now.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:46 am

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Yes, it's more accurate, but like I acknowledged earlier going with that super high contrast look would clash hard with the very laid back style we have now.

I kinda like the idea of the wiki being set up in the Magi style, but at that point we're talking a complete redesign of the site.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:25 pm

The profile picture issue is still ongoing (clicking for a bigger image prompts you to save). Any way to fix it??
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:57 pm

I think what we need is Pen-Pen peering over the edge of the banner (like the "wot, no X?" character from WW2).
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”