Kaworu's synch with unit02

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Maverick [ANF]
Embryo
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Maverick [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

Why can Kaworu synch with Unit02?
Some says that he can synch cuz he is also made of Adam.
But if the synch only uses the Nerv-a10 process, then, the clone thing has nothing to do with the synch process.

Also, in the 1st test that Kaworu did, does he synchs with the unit02 or just with some unit02 data patterns? Fuytsuki says that he synchs with UNIT02, but what we see, is a tube that is not connected to any EVA.

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 01:35 GMT

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

No one knows how he is the actual clone of....some think Keel. Anyways, he's not really the clone of Adam, he just has Adam's soul.

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 01:52 GMT

tronica [ANF]
Embryo
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby tronica [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

Maybe he controlled eva 2 cause they both have the soul of Adam?

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 02:04 GMT

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

Eva 02 never had the soul of Adam, it's impossible for his sould to be in two places at the same time. Eva02 had the soul of Kyouko and was just the clone of Adam.

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 02:08 GMT

tronica [ANF]
Embryo
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby tronica [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

saiyajin prince wrote:Eva 02 never had the soul of Adam, it's impossible for his sould to be in two places at the same time. Eva02 had the soul of Kyouko and was just the clone of Adam.




Oh yeah, I forgot that eva 2 had the soul of Kyouko. Well maybe it's that Kaworu can just mess with other evas and control them?

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 02:15 GMT

Franksta [ANF]
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Franksta [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

with a high enough synch ration i'd think one would be able to control them at will, entry plug or no...

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 02:21 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

saiyajin prince wrote:No one knows how he is the actual clone of....some think Keel.



Naw. It's Keel's dead lover, I tell you!

Eva 02 never had the soul of Adam, it's impossible for his sould to be in two places at the same time.



Lilith manages to get past this problem... Image

Eva02 had the soul of Kyouko and was just the clone of Adam.



The first part is right, but the "clone" part is just misleading. Far as I recall, NGE just says, in its typically vague way, that the Evas are "from Adam". (I need to find the original Japanese for this...) That could mean a lot of things; it's evident that the Evas are genetically BASED upon Adam, but they're not the same thing. (The Evas are chicks, for one thing. Image)

I was never quite clear on how Kaworu managed to synchronize with (and later control) Nigouki. Okay, perhaps being "from the same tissue" -- not to mention having the soul of an uber-dude -- gives lil' Tabris certain "advantages", though that's no substitute for a proper explanation.

We do know, however, that Kyoko had been suffering as much a downward plunge as her daughter. Of course, the show, neglecting the Evas much as it does, never shows it, but I'm sure Arael probed Kyoko's own painful memories before the angel discovered the strange little creature -- i.e., Asuka -- inside Kyoko's upper thorax. (The pain Asuka was feeling initially was that of her mother; notice how it took a little while before Asuka herself started having head trips Image.) This and a combination of other factors led Kyoko to "hide herself away" -- as if she hadn't been passive enough to begin with! -- and supposedly this was another factor that allowed Kaworu to exploit her.

On this matter, one thing I always wondered about was how much Tabby was REALLY controlling her. He must be a great multitasker if he can float around and do his own thing while participating in the battle that's going on behind his back! Were EVA-02's actions (most of them, anyway) so much deliberate control on Kaworu's part as they were a blind directive (Kaworu: "Soon as you see purple, sic." EVA-02: "Yes, my master...")?

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 02:33 GMT

Lord Kuroishi [ANF]
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Lord Kuroishi [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

Reichu wrote:Naw. It's Keel's dead lover, I tell you!



Naw, I highly doubt he even GOT laid. I think that's why he started this whole mind orgy thing in the first place.

As for Tabris and EVA-02... well, it IS part of his own body (sort of) after all...

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 02:43 GMT

Painkiller [ANF]
Embryo
Posts: 10
Joined: Oct 20, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Painkiller [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

I think they explained why Kaworu could synch with them. It was something like Eva 02's soul was closing in.

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 03:00 GMT

Grizzbob [ANF]
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Grizzbob [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

Sort of, my understanding was that because Unit 2's "soul" was dormant(because Asuka couldn't synchronize at the time & hadn't "found" her mother in there yet), it became easy for Kaworu to control it, which indicated to me that he could do that with ANY Eva unit in the same state....8)

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 03:30 GMT

rei82 [ANF]
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby rei82 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:38 pm

to beat a dead horse,

Kaworu was able to sync with 02 because Asuka had basically lost it and the link she had with her mother inside the 02 unit. since it was no longer albe to sync with Asuka successfully, Kaworu was eaisly able to sync with the no vacant eva unit.


he does talk about it when Sjinji is fighting the 02 unit

Originally posted on: 13-Oct-2003, 19:29 GMT

saiyajin prince [ANF]
Tunniel
Tunniel
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby saiyajin prince [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Reichu wrote:I was never quite clear on how Kaworu managed to synchronize with (and later control) Nigouki. Okay, perhaps being "from the same tissue" -- not to mention having the soul of an uber-dude -- gives lil' Tabris certain "advantages", though that's no substitute for a proper explanation.



It is the same principle as Rei being able to pilot Eva01 because of being a clone of Yui (having the same tissue) and Yui's soul is in Eva01.

Kaworu was able to sync with 02 because Asuka had basically lost it and the link she had with her mother inside the 02 unit. since it was no longer albe to sync with Asuka successfully, Kaworu was eaisly able to sync with the no vacant eva unit.



He said that he control Eva02 easily because the dormant sould was hiding. Conrtol the Eva and syncing with it is different.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 01:08 GMT

rei82 [ANF]
Embryo
User avatar
Posts: 10
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby rei82 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

saiyajin prince wrote:He said that he control Eva02 easily because the dormant sould was hiding. Conrtol the Eva and syncing with it is different.




you say tomato...

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 02:51 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel
User avatar
Posts: 3651
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

saiyajin prince wrote:It is the same principle as Rei being able to pilot Eva01 because of being a clone of Yui (having the same tissue) and Yui's soul is in Eva01.



Grrrrr-blah, this whole Rei-&-Kaworu mess screws around with whatever sense MDWigs and I were trying to make of the Eva-pilot deal in the uber-thread at AnimeBoards. None of it makes any sense! (I wonder if I could use the Chewbacca Defense to my advantage here...)

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 12:25 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael
User avatar
Posts: 925
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

I still think that an important clue about Kaworu's nature and origin is not getting the attention it deserves.
from the Red Cross Book
[Kaworu Nagisa]
The Fifth Children who was sent by SEELE to NERV._ However, his true identity was that of the 17th Angel._ It is likely that he was an Angel which had been captured by SEELE in the embryo stage._ Unlike the other Angels, he has feelings quite similar to humans._ The records list his birthdate as September 13th, 2000 AD._ He made contact with the Third Children -- Shinji Ikari-- as a human, and although he became friends with Shinji, he was ultimately crushed to death by Eva-01 piloted by Shinji._ He said that "Life and Death are of equal value," and "Only one form of life can be chosen to be given the future."

Please note that in the show itself, this is presented as the one known fact about Kaworu:
Image

I cant help but feel that this is supposed to represent some sort of significant clue.
Let's look a the various translations of a very interesting line from the Second Impact scene in Ep21' and D&R:
Here is the line as presented in Manga's DVD of D&R:
Image
(The line is translated the same way in the dub)

Here it is from a couple fansubs of D&R that I have:
Image

Image

Here it is from my fansub of Ep21':
Image

And, finally, here is the line as translated by Bochan_Bird on EvaOtaku's Directors Cut page for Ep21':

The genes implanted into Adam have already achieved physical merging!

It's interesting to see how every one of these examples translate the same line differently, huh?
However, the one thing they all do have in common is the notion that some other genetic material was being put into Adam. I always assumed that the idea was that, as part of the process of shrinking Adam into a more 'managable' form, human DNA was implanted in him, and that Kaworu was, in some sense, the result; in other words, he had the form of a human, but his physical substance was the same as Adam and the Angels.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 16:00 GMT

Incisivis [ANF]
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 80
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Incisivis [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Re: Shin-Seki

Wow, this is an extremely interesting theory.

That's all I have to say. *shuffles off*

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 16:06 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel
User avatar
Posts: 624
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:I always assumed that the idea was that, as part of the process of shrinking Adam into a more 'managable' form, human DNA was implanted in him, and that Kaworu was, in some sense, the result; in other words, he had the form of a human, but his physical substance was the same as Adam and the Angels.



A good theory once again, S-S. There was a helluva big explosion though, but on the other hand if they managed to find pocket-monster Adam after it, finding one nude floating bishie shouldn't be any problem either.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 16:22 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel
User avatar
Posts: 324
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Great theory Shin-seiki.

I wonder what Kaworu did for 15 years after being created. Did he age normally? How long was he floating, when SEELE picked him up what did they do with him for all those years?

Perhaps thats why he knows so much about humanity, he observed them for so long with his Adam soul.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 19:31 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael
User avatar
Posts: 925
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

tv33 wrote:Great theory Shin-seiki.

I wonder what Kaworu did for 15 years after being created. Did he age normally? How long was he floating, when SEELE picked him up what did they do with him for all those years?

Perhaps thats why he knows so much about humanity, he observed them for so long with his Adam soul.

Well, as for what state he was in when SEELE got their hands on him:
from RCB
However, his true identity was that of the 17th Angel._ It is likely that he was an Angel which had been captured by SEELE in the embryo stage.

so I suppose he grew and developed at an ordinary human pace...

Originally posted on: 15-Oct-2003, 08:11 GMT

thewayneiac [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel
User avatar
Posts: 242
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby thewayneiac [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Orignially posted by Shin-Seki [b]
It's interesting to see how every one of these examples translate the same line differently, huh?
However, the one thing they all do have in common is the notion that some other genetic material was being put into Adam. I always assumed that the idea was that, as part of the process of shrinking Adam into a more 'managable' form, human DNA was implanted in him, and that Kaworu was, in some sense, the result; in other words, he had the form of a human, but his physical substance was the same as Adam and the Angels.



But WHOSE DNA was it? Misato's maybe? I always wondered why they had a 14 year old girl at the South Pole.

Originally posted on: 14-Oct-2003, 21:52 GMT


Return to “AnimeNation Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests