Kaworu's synch with unit02

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:43 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:It would most likely have been the earliest of Eva experiments. Cloning Adam is a lot of work, just to think "oops we could have done this instead".

Adam certainly looks 'EVA-fied' here:

An intriguing theory holds that Misato was in Antartica as a test pilot (14 yo at the time). One does wonder just what the hell she was doing down there in the first place (other than to estabish her motivation as a character in the story, natch.) It would be easier to accept the idea if she were wearing a head set and plug-suit in this scene:
Image Image

but no such luck...

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 16:58 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Reichu wrote:Dude... You were participating in the discussion where I proposed that humanity evolved the normal way -- from Lilith's blood.

I did? :???:

Reichu wrote:But now you're saying that humanity was spontaneously generated from Lilith in the way that the angels were from Adam? Image You be confoozing me!

I never said angels spontaneously came from Adam, or touched on their means of birth. I said that I didn't think they were born at 2nd Impact.

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 17:07 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:An intriguing theory holds that Misato was in Antartica as a test pilot (14 yo at the time). One does wonder just what the hell she was doing down there in the first place (other than to estabish her motivation as a character in the story, natch.) It would be easier to accept the idea if she were wearing a head set and plug-suit in this scene:

I remember hearing that one from Wigs a while back, but that's going a wittle too off the deep-end for me. (OMG! Dr. Katsuragi copied his soul into Adam so Misato could synchronize! ...erm, right...) Her mother was still alive at the time, so I really don't know what she was doing in Antarctica with her pops either. Perhaps this is one of those fabled PLOT HOLES I'm sure even NGE must have. Image

Sharp-kun: Remember this thread? Heh...

You said that you didn't buy the 2I theory... so how about explaining the creation of the angels another way? :evil: You didn't address my Sandalphon points, either.

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 17:18 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:You said that you didn't buy the 2I theory... so how about explaining the creation of the angels another way? :evil:

That they simply came about the same way humans did?

Why would Lilith do it for no real reason, but man had to force Adam to?

Reichu wrote:You didn't address my Sandalphon points, either.

What is there to really address? We don't know how or when he got into the volcano.

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 17:21 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

thewayneiac wrote:But WHOSE DNA was it? Misato's maybe? I always wondered why they had a 14 year old girl at the South Pole.

Now that I think about it... could well be! In this screen shot from episode 24, Kaworu definitely has an eerie resemblance to somebody we know...

MWA HA HAAAAH!

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 18:10 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Reichu wrote:Now that I think about it... could well be! In this screen shot from episode 24, Kaworu definitely has an eerie resemblance to somebody we know...

MWA HA HAAAAH!

You know, to get the full effect, you have to give him the 'Reichu Photoshop Treatment': color his hair purple, put a cross around his neck, and maybe even a red vinyl jacket on him...

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:17 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:Adam certainly looks 'EVA-fied' here:

I thought that was his true form.

About the angels, the theory of them being created during the second impact works well from the SEELE perspective. However, a few problems pop up from that. So I am still up in the air about that.

I just need one of you to convince me. Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:27 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

tv33 wrote:the theory of them being created during the second impact works well from the SEELE perspective. However, a few problems pop up from that. So I am still up in the air about that.

How do you mean?

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:36 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Shin-seiki wrote:You know, to get the full effect, you have to give him the 'Reichu Photoshop Treatment': color his hair purple, put a cross around his neck, and maybe even a red vinyl jacket on him...

I was trying to make Kaworu look vaguely like Misato, not turn him into Misato! Image

tv33 wrote:I thought that was his true form.

What, you think Adam was born/created/whatever with pylons on his shoulders? (Pylons are those things mounted on the Evas' shoulders, BTW. As official a name as they get, too: Ikuto Yamashita calls them kata no PAIRON, or "shoulder pylons". Now I just wish I knew what the blazes the things on their lower arms were called!)

About the angels, the theory of them being created during the second impact works well from the SEELE perspective. However, a few problems pop up from that. So I am still up in the air about that.

Truthfully, I think I'm about to give up that notion myself. (Mostly because, I finally realized, I can get rid of a HUGE bloody plot hole in my doujinshi by pushing back the creation of the angels by a few million years, at least. Image) Though that means I have to think up an ALTERNATE scheme for the creation of Adam's children -- roughly when it happened, what Addy-boy's motivations might have been, and why Adam's children were hanging around as giant embryos in black cocoons all over the world instead of reaching adult size before snoozing a la their daddy. Theorizing from others is always appreciated -- I hate having to come up with all these ludicrous schemes completely by myself, you know. Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:39 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:Truthfully, I think I'm about to give up that notion myself.

Excelent... Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:42 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Sharp-kun wrote:Excelent... Image

Don't get out the beer just yet. I still plan on nagging you every time you call the Evas "clones". Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:45 GMT

Painkiller [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Painkiller [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Reichu wrote:What, you think Adam was born/created/whatever with pylons on his shoulders? (Pylons are those things mounted on the Evas' shoulders, BTW.

Why did Adam look like an Eva?:!?!:

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:47 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Painkiller wrote:Why did Adam look like an Eva?:!?!:

2 possibilities:

1) Its to give the audience the idea that they're similar, to set up the plot .

2) It was the result of early experimentation with Eva technology, supported by a 14 year old being at the site, and the pylons.

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:48 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

I'm interested in hearing MDWigs's thoughts on Adam and Misato at 2nd Impact. He's made reference to it before, but never elaborated.

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:52 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:How do you mean?

Well only problems is with my pseudo--soul understanding. I would think that all of the Angels have their own soul, but to me that would mean that Adam on his own created the Ageles at the moment of the second impact, and I cant see why he would do such a thing at that moment. So they would join with him again and he could watch humanity go up in a ball of flames(Or whatever) for trying to abuse him? I always knew Kaworu was a devious one. Image

Reichu I think (Thought) it is a matter not of Adam being "Eva-fied", but of the Eva's being "Adam-fied". They are clones of him (Well not Unit-01), so would guess they would look like him, and not the other way round.

But then you got the Unit-01 problem, but they were just trying to make it blend in. Image

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:54 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

tv33 wrote:They are clones of him (Well not Unit-01)

ARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!! DO YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO A WORD I SAY???

Originally posted on: 23-Oct-2003, 08:59 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:ARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!! DO YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO A WORD I SAY???

Those who have seen Redeath will recall that scene being done to Bohemian Rapsody Image

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:00 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:Those who have seen Redeath will recall that scene being done to Bohemian Rapsody Image

Indeed. And it was funny as he11.

But you didn't answer the answer, Sharp-kun... ::evil hiss::

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:06 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:But you didn't answer the answer, Sharp-kun... ::evil hiss::

I stand by Bochan Image

Also, if the Eva's genetic structure was significantly changed, I doubt 3I would work.

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:08 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:45 pm

Reichu wrote:[B]ARRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!! DO YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO A WORD I SAY???

I try to block most of it out. :p

Fine NOT clones, just mindless robots. Better?

That seen by Reichu was also in the AMV "Bohemian Rapsody", the best AMV ever! Image

Originally posted on: 22-Oct-2003, 21:09 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”