Adam's embryo, a few things concerning it...

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

OMF [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby OMF [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 pm

Seele08 wrote:Does no one have any love for my theories? *sniffles*

Keel has been discussed at length, but never really nailed down to a great extent. The search function shall be your guide to the most bumpable threads.

Originally posted on: 27-Jan-2006, 21:19 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 pm

If my whole "Seduction" idea is right (and I don't think everything can be accounted for if it isn't, unless I stumble across something good; it makes way too much sense), there were absolutely no "sentiments" between Keel and Akira. Akira was just a loathed, albeit rather useful (and thus dextrously exploited), brainiac who was appointed shepherd over a sacrificial flock, and subsequently sent to death. (I already used that metaphor, I think.)

I'm not going to say much more here until I assemble that presentation, which gets bigger and bigger in scope the more I think about it, sort of like the KKKK[KK] itself. Sorry if I don't give much response until then.

Originally posted on: 27-Jan-2006, 21:42 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:58 pm

OMF wrote:Keel has been discussed at length, but never really nailed down to a great extent. The search function shall be your guide to the most bumpable threads.

I don't think we've got him nailed down that well....you really can't analyze a character who (unfortunately) doesn't get a hell of a lot of screentime, without making a substantial amount of it up, which is fun to do.

If my whole "Seduction" idea is right (and I don't think everything can be accounted for if it isn't, unless I stumble across something good; it makes way too much sense), there were absolutely no "sentiments" between Keel and Akira. Akira was just a loathed, albeit rather useful (and thus dextrously exploited), brainiac who was appointed shepherd over a sacrificial flock, and subsequently sent to death. (I already used that metaphor, I think.)

If there was any form of relationship between them, I don't think it was empty of sentiments, why would Keel take care of the semi-clone? He could just have left him to be raised by some scientists. I think if you're going to include the idea of him raising Kaworu (which I think is adorable) who according to this theory is the very image of the dead man than there must have been some feelings between them, besides what about the whole thing about Kaworu being.....err um....tempting to poor Keel.

Originally posted on: 28-Jan-2006, 01:48 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:59 pm

As it turns out, the Seduction theory provides connections between Misato/Sayaka and Asuka/Kyoko. (Akira, of course, becomes the counterpart of Papa Langley...) And it seemed entirely accidental when I mentioned Asuka & Kyoko earlier, at the time. Image

The Rei/Kaworu counterpart equation is intended to be consummated fully, as I have been saying all along. Keel and Gendo play out their roles as counterparts, but the theme of "emotional/sexual exploitation --> brain --> abandonment" is played out a little differently. For Gendo's role in this particular angle, we pull out another parent-child pair to serve as the counterparts of Akira and Kaworu. (This ultimately ties into what you say above, Seele08, although I have no idea if it involves secx on the Keel/Kaworu side or not. Gawd, at this point... Image)

The more I think about this, the more the connections pop up all over the place, and the more absolutely out-of-control a proper presentation becomes. There is absolutely no way in hell that this was unintended. You doubters really need to give Professor Clarkenstein a bit more faith. Akira was seduced into Seele by Keel. Kaworu was artificially conceived by Akira. I don't have any doubts anymore. Far too many things fit, and the puzzle is becoming so increasingly complete as a result, it's dazzling.

Originally posted on: 28-Jan-2006, 02:19 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:59 pm

The more I think about this, the more the connections pop up all over the place, and the more absolutely out-of-control a proper presentation becomes. There is absolutely no way in hell that this was unintended. You doubters really need to give Professor Clarkenstein a bit more faith. Akira was seduced into Seele by Keel. Kaworu was artificially conceived by Akira. I don't have any doubts anymore. Far too many things fit, and the puzzle is becoming so increasingly complete as a result, it's dazzling.

I'm afraid they only make sense to you, I think your quest for symmetry is taking you some strange places and making you read far, far, far beyond what's actually there. And I doubt there was any m4d s3x0rs between Kaworu and Keel. I think Keel may have become a cyborg in part to be able to be able to raise/protect the boy as well, instead of dying and have him adopted by some random cold scientists or members of SEELE. That's my take on this crazy, but fun, but ultimately pure conjectured theory.

Originally posted on: 28-Jan-2006, 02:29 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:59 pm

I was diagnosed with asperger's a few months ago. Doesn't mean I actually have it, though. Apparently, I'm the only Aspie in the world with no encyclopedic knowledge of a random pet subject, no "monotone" speech patterns, no difficulty with motor coordination, no difficulty with facial expressions or hand gestures (there's one particular gesture that I'm quite fond of...), no abnormal difficulty understanding how other people think or feel, and no other symptoms of the disorder except an appreciation for symmetry and extreme precision. I also have a few compulsive behaviors, but not in the form of set routines or other OCD-like behaviors.

The NGE character who I'd say is most likely to be an aspie is Rei.

Seele08 wrote:The cross passing on symbolism? Possibly the passing of the responsibiliy of fighting/stopping the Angels. Or just a sentiment for her to remember him by.

I'm just wondering how the hell he took it into Instrumentality with him...

Reichu wrote:Anyway, this will take me some work, and I am very tired right now. Damn, I want my Adderal. Not that being deprived of my medication now and again doesn't have its benefits.

Whoa whoa whoa... what quack-hack doctor prescribes attention deficit medication to a person with an attention surplus condition?

Reichu wrote:Akira was seduced into Seele by Keel. Kaworu was artificially conceived by Akira. I don't have any doubts anymore.

You do plan to eventually provide some kind of evidence for these claims, right?

Originally posted on: 29-Jan-2006, 23:27 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Back on the cross topic....
Misato's daddy gave her the cross right before he died, he was wounded and bleeding and handed her the cross right before shoving her into the escape pod.
Misato handed Shinji the cross as she was about to die, like her father she was wounded and bleeding and handed him the cross right before she shoved him into the elevator.

You do plan to eventually provide some kind of evidence for these claims, right?

Fuzzy, you don't want to got there, trust me.... on this, it's better to leave it alone. Let her have her symmetry.

Originally posted on: 30-Jan-2006, 03:02 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Seele08 wrote:I'm afraid they only make sense to you, I think your quest for symmetry is taking you some strange places and making you read far, far, far beyond what's actually there.

Oh, you're damned right they are strange.

But your criticisms are becoming fairly redundant by now. Reichu comprehends: "Seele08 thinks you're full of garbage". I get it, no need to rub it into my face, mmkay? It has been tacit for about thirty posts.

Besides. I have enough shrapnel to clean up over here as it is.

And I doubt there was any m4d s3x0rs between Kaworu and Keel.

I never said there was.

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 03:58 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

And I doubt there was any m4d s3x0rs between Kaworu and Keel.

And I hope there never will be. Image

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 04:16 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

I thought you said that you found the premise intriguing in some sort of revolting way?

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 04:24 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:00 pm

I do, I enjoy it at the same time I have the urge to vomit. Kind of like really spicy salsa yummy, but painful. I mean I am vaguely frightened by the mechanics involved. Seeing as how angels are capable of some shape shifting....and Cyborgs probably have err...lots of interesting capabilities of their own.....

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 04:28 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:00 pm

Hard to say if Tabris has the same free reign over those nifty shape-shifting abilities. We never see any, but ve also isn't around for very long. Clearly the Albino Black Sheep of the Apostles, nonetheless. Poor little Tabris...

Ve's not actually an albino, but that's beside the point.

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 04:39 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Ya'll know you want some hawt cyborg action deep down inside. Granted you wouldn't want Keel to be on top...several hundred pounds of metal wouldn't exactly be...comfortable on top of you.

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 04:43 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:00 pm

Remember what Kozo has told us. A virtuous man who is fated to get the Nookie lets the Nookie get him. That is why he has only "gotten some" approximately 3.27 times in his entire life.

Fuyutsuki "And I don't regret a decade of it! Well, except for the one I've spent standing here by your side listening to you cry like a baby, Ikari."

And, Seele08, you are giving me awful "Heavy Metal" flashbacks. Please stop. Image

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 04:57 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

"Heavy Metal"? What is that?

You're telling me you don't find Keel to be teh hawtest cyborg evar? Keel-chan is adorable that's why he's my avatar in all of the forums I post in, he's my desktop, and I talk to my toy version of him I've dubbed "little K-chan".

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 05:25 GMT

Ornette [ANF]
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 pm

Seele08 wrote:"Heavy Metal"? What is that?

Was that a joke? (In case it wasn't)

You're telling me you don't find Keel to be teh hawtest cyborg evar? Keel-chan is adorable that's why he's my avatar in all of the forums I post in, he's my desktop, and I talk to my toy version of him I've dubbed "little K-chan".

Yeah, I think you've sufficiently made everyone in this forum aware of your opinion on this matter.

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 14:02 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 pm

I'll make a note not to see Heavy Metal.

Yeah, I think you've sufficiently made everyone in this forum aware of your opinion on this matter.

Nonsense, you can never have enough Keel! Do you want me to do what Reichu does with her favorite characters? I don't scuplt but I do draw quite well. How 'bout a Valentine's Day Keel/Teddy Yaoi Drawing? Image

Originally posted on: 31-Jan-2006, 14:51 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 pm

I think there was m4d s3xx0rs between Pierre and Vlad. It's all falling into place! I finally understand NGE in its entirety blah blah blah! [/reichu]

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2006, 06:26 GMT

Seele08 [ANF]
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Seele08 [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 pm

You know Pierre is a girl Chickens? This was discussed in another thread, her real name is Claudia. Come on look at her hair its very similar to Ritsukos and why else would she have such a feminie face shape?
Nigel is clearly gay and Teddy appears paranoid that Nigel is "looking at his ***".

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2006, 09:33 GMT

Fuzzy Chickens [ANF]
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Fuzzy Chickens [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:01 pm

And as we all know, when one character has a similar haircut to another, that means he/she is a clone Image

Originally posted on: 02-Feb-2006, 17:20 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”