chat room (Created one: IRC.rizon.net #EGF)

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:19 am

Dartz wrote:How about unbanning him when he can prove he no longer wants to go to the chatroom?

SPOILER: Show
There was only one catch and that was Catch-22. If he doesn't want to come back, he won't come back and we win. But in trying to prove he no longer wants to go to the chatroom, he proves he wants to go to the chatroom. Therefore, the ban remains in effect.

You know what? That's clever. You know what else? You're an ass.

Look, if I screw up after an unban, then you can simply ban me again. Besides, the worst thing I can do is annoy you somewhat.
Avatar: Apophis' shifty-looking gaze as he invades the SGC.
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
The most awesome thing ever. Seriously.
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:42 am

Vegeta 20XX wrote:You know what else? You're an ass.

"Mirror, mirror, on the wall..."

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 am

You know what? That's clever. You know what else? You're an ass.

Flames won't get you anywhere. If anything, they'll land you a forum ban too.

Look, if I screw up after an unban, then you can simply ban me again. Besides, the worst thing I can do is annoy you somewhat.

There's a reason why people are banned and stay banned. We're not going to wait for you to screw up and expose others on the channel to so much unpleasantness in the process.

Also, whatever happened to the "what goes on in the IRC stays in the IRC" rule?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:50 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:Also, whatever happened to the "what goes on in the IRC stays in the IRC" rule?

Given the nature of the thread the rule's a bit relaxed here. However, posts here should be about problems with the channel, not things that are said or go on in there. We've given our thoughts on the issue and should let it go.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:50 pm

Noticed that Rizon has this nifty embedable IRC client that auto joins channels for you. I tried it out and it's not bad, it even remembers my settings.

So for people who don't want to deal with installing a client, just go here:
http://www.evageeks.org/evageeks-irc-channel/

You'll still need to register a nick though, and for that, see the "How To" topic.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:19 pm

ZapalacX wrote:
UrsusArctos wrote:Also, whatever happened to the "what goes on in the IRC stays in the IRC" rule?

Given the nature of the thread the rule's a bit relaxed here. However, posts here should be about problems with the channel, not things that are said or go on in there. We've given our thoughts on the issue and should let it go.

Dammit, how hard is it to get you to change your mind? So I got a little too pissed and screwed up - we all make mistakes, right? I've been OK as far as the forum is concerned, can't you just lighten up or something?
Vegeta 20XX: Actually pixelated, and the self proclaimed "King of the screw up". - Fazmotron
I witnessed a young girl ohhh about 12 years of age or so fall off a snowbank then proceed to say "Fuck you snowhill that hurt" - Dataprime
For those who put things like "Chuckman x Chuckmen" and "Follower of the Chuckman x Chuckman pairing" in their signatures: All you need is fuck.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Ooh, I didn't realize that you could use IRC through Pidgin until I read the other thread... That's kinda nifty!
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:12 pm

I can't get on IRC much this week because of my hotel's internet being banned from rizon (Banned Temporary K-line 4320 min. - [G][py-bopm] Insecure proxy found, HTTP:80). I'll be on when/if I can I guess. :\
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:27 am

When the cat's away, the mice will play.
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:01 pm

YOU (ThePRPD) have been booted from #egf by Fuyutsuki (Too many joins, fix your client or your connection (3 joins in 73446))
[INFO] You are banned from this channel.

:impatient:

Fazmotron is probably laughing his ass off right now.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 pm

o3o
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:23 pm

And I'm still waiting for unban. Dammit, my life is too fucking boring.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:15 am

As I recall, it was a lifetime ban. Once your life is over, the ban will be lifted. The faster you end your life, the faster the ban will go away.

Vegeta 20XX
XX0↊ ɐʇǝƃǝɅ

•      
  •      

Postby Vegeta 20XX » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:59 pm

...are you suggesting that I commit suicide?

Can I substitute someone else's life for my own? Because the unban is kinda useless to me if I'm, you know, dead. I'm assuming that the internet connections suck in Hell, so yeah.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:57 pm

It'd help laddie....

Seppukku would certainly be more dignified than reminding everyone here of your shameful behaviour. Your cries for forgiveness are pitiful. You demand to be reinstated, but do not make restitution for your crimes, you do not admit what you did wrong, nor do I think you understand it.

We will not allow a person back who states:

Whereas by banning you, you can't annoy us at all. You do not apologise, you merely bitch. You do not offer, you demand. You are the one who has committed the wrong against *us*. And we don't think you understand that matey...

And if you don't understand, you may well do it again.

So then, how do you prove you understand? At this stage, I don't think you can. You can say all you want, but nobody will believe you now. We will assume that you are just apologising because that's what you've been told to do. An empty apology is worse than no apology.

Tradition was that Roman generals threw themselves on their swords, after a great shame or failure. They died a clean, honourable death, their sins washed away by the blood of their atonement. While your unbanning might well be posthumous, it will at least be honourable.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:02 pm

I wrote:We've given our thoughts on the issue and should let it go.

Vegeta, don't bring it up again. If your ban is ever lifted we'll tell you.

Fazmotron

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:33 am

Here you go PRPD, to make you feel better.
<Fazmotron> WORTH Worth
*** Fuyutsuki sets channel #egf mode +b *!*

Apparently, Fuyu doesn't like the worth of WORTH being questioned. Too philosophical perhaps...
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:39 am

Fazmotron wrote:Here you go PRPD, to make you feel better.
<Fazmotron> WORTH Worth
*** Fuyutsuki sets channel #egf mode +b *!*

Apparently, Fuyu doesn't like the worth of WORTH being questioned. Too philosophical perhaps...

Same thing happens if you type in WORTH LOLI, or vice versa.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:02 am

Ornette-san Ornette-san I've been banned for something.

i just came back from watching district 9 and was gonna talk about how awesome it was then BAM I'm banned for asking stuff from fuyu

EDIT: the mighty SSD fixed the problem
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 am

Two or three sites I visit implement the Chatbox. Chatango boxes stickied up on the site for chatting. You might think about using that admins. Just a friendly suggestion.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”