[Film] The Last Airbender

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

[Film] The Last Airbender

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6DPNIQkF8o&NR=1

Tomorrow is the day and I finly found a copy of the trailer thats not been taken down by viacom enjoy
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:36 pm

whats this all about anyway? All I know is that arrow-head-kid was Aaron's avatar when I joined EMF.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:44 pm

slothen wrote:whats this all about anyway? All I know is that arrow-head-kid was Aaron's avatar when I joined EMF.

A world where elemental benders exist its the avatars job to keep the balance between all the powers. a centry ago the fire nation began a bid for power to conqure all the nations.

a lot more to it but thats the just wikis is huge on this one

ZeroFive1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ZeroFive1 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:03 pm

I like that show, but it gets cheesy at times. :\

Zuko actually doesn't look like a tard, and the fire clothing looks cool.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:14 am

Looks like they are ramping up the seriousness this season. It will be interesting to see where this goes. And for once I will be up to speed on the series since I just got the book 2 collection. Now I will have to find a way to watch the book 3 episodes without having Nick. Some how I doubt that will be too hard.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

ZeroFive1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ZeroFive1 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:37 am

Hunter21 wrote:Looks like they are ramping up the seriousness this season. It will be interesting to see where this goes. And for once I will be up to speed on the series since I just got the book 2 collection. Now I will have to find a way to watch the book 3 episodes without having Nick. Some how I doubt that will be too hard.

http://www.theavatarportal.com/episodes.html

Well, they say they're not illegal. >.>

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:56 am

slothen wrote:whats this all about anyway? All I know is that arrow-head-kid was Aaron's avatar when I joined EMF.

It's like an American version of Naruto animated in Korea minus the ninjas, several times the plot, and better characters. If you haven't gotten caught up in it, you must. It's the closest thing to anime you will see made in America. It's epic.

Season 3 starts tonight! Woo!

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 am

Hunter21 wrote:Looks like they are ramping up the seriousness this season.

My younger cousin tells me that they're doing something along the lines of "growing up" along with the fanbase. I like that idea.

I haven't watched very much- just what my cousin has shown me. Plot-wise, it's a lot better than most televised American animation; i'll give it that.

ZeroFive1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby ZeroFive1 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:46 pm

I hope they do make it way more serious. A sudden change of pace in the series would be a bit refreshing. :)

Plotwise, I would say it's way better than most anime these days. :\

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:58 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:It's like an American version of Naruto animated in Korea minus the ninjas, several times the plot, and better characters. If you haven't gotten caught up in it, you must. It's the closest thing to anime you will see made in America. It's epic.

Then how's it like Naruto then? (*ignorant cheap shot*) :roll:

I dunno: Avatar is drawn in an "anime style" but it's very American in texture, and that's how I see it: another good Western cartoon, in the vein of Gargoyles or some of the DCAU.

I haven't been as caught up on it as I'd like, but what I've seen is a great piece of epic fantasy.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:03 pm

I always enjoyed Avatar. It's a really decent show, its just too bad its on Nick (a channel I don't have and, yes, a bit cheesy at times). It's also very well animated, one of my friend's art teacher works on it.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 pm

the link to the book1 torrent file is to torrentspy, which blocks me because of my USA ip. :evil:

update: watched the first 8 episodes off putfile. 8 part 1 and some others are missing or broken though.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:14 pm

It was nice to seem some character development and a bit of a darker tone this season.

More please

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:34 pm

I've always thought it was pretty average and that people only really liked it because it had nice animation and because it's like an animu, but it's American, so weeaboos can feel good about themselves for liking something American for a change.

I watched it for a little while, but I never found it particularily worthwhile like how everyone makes it out to be.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:41 pm

for me, someone that has watched and continues to watch naruto, consistently good animation is a breath of fresh air. Story is good too. Idealistic cheese is a turn off.

MAL Profile

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:44 pm

slothen wrote:for me, someone that has watched and continues to watch naruto, consistently good animation is a breath of fresh air. Story is good too. Idealistic cheese is a turn off.

Yea but its nto so bad that I regret watching it or want to stoping going back for more.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:03 am

wow. that episode was AWESOME! Can't wait to see how it goes this season.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:17 am

The fire lord is a pussy. I can so see his daughter Azula overthrowing him at some point this season. Plus did the episode seem short to any of you guys/gals too?
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 am

Trigger's Elysium wrote:people only really liked it because it had nice animation and because it's like an anime, but it's American, so weeaboos can feel good about themselves for liking something American for a change.

I got into anime primarily because American animation took a sharp dive in the mid to late 90s. Let's face it, there hasn't been much decent animation since the early 90s. They don't make cartoons like they used to. Nowadays it's all a bunch of mindless Nickelodeon shit. Occasionally you get a Spongebob, Ren & Stimpy, or Invader Zim. But there's very little like Transformers, Ninja Turtles, X-Men, Gargoyles, or Exosquad being made. I miss the glory days of the late 80s/early 90s animation when cartoons were made to sell toys. They had violence and adult themes, and the toys were fucking bad ass.

Avatar is the only thing I've seen that reminds me of those cartoons, and the fact that it's injected with a dose of anime influence doesn't hurt at all.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:14 am

^ what he said ^

Return to “Film and Video”