Evangelion 2.0: Start Your Engines!

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

Postby BobBQ » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:52 pm

Reichu wrote:How do you bullshit the public about the oceans going red? (Assuming that stuff happened at 2I.)

Algal blooming as a result of post-2I climate shifting?

Nah, probably not.

Sandoz
Lilith

Postby Sandoz » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:05 pm

Reichu wrote:
Sandoz wrote:Is the Second Impact cover-up mentioned in Rebuild 01? A giant bloodstain on the moon would be difficult to blame on a meteor.

How do you bullshit the public about the oceans going red? (Assuming that stuff happened at 2I.)

The seawater at the melted South Pole turned red in the TV series, and presumably they covered that up somehow.

Fanwank: there are types of bacteria that can turn water red, so they make up a story about the meteor containing alien bacteria that does the same thing, but on a worldwide scale.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 pm

Reichu wrote:
SSD wrote:Interesting how Misato already knows about "Adam" and showed her to Shinji...Wonder how he reacted?

I think it was said that Misato called her Lilith. We'll need confirmation on this one.

I definitely heard "Lilith" during that convo, and also Misato said this was the goal of the Angels and that it would cause 3I. As for the details of 2I, I'll have to watch it again, I don't think it was mentioned in class at all (there weren't that many scenes in the classroom). I'm going to watch it during the day when I've not been drinking.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:47 pm

Well, it wouldn't really be a huge plot twist this time for it to turn out to be Lilith, considering most people watching it have already seen the original and know already. So they may as well just say it's Lilith all along.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:03 pm

Reichu wrote:How do you bullshit the public about the oceans going red? (Assuming that stuff happened at 2I.)

The kinetic energy of the asteroid (10% of the speed of light takes a lot of energy) slamming into the Antarctic continent was translated into heat, enough to vaporize the continent, and raise the average temperature of the ocean by an order of magnitude at the South Pole, but less near the equator, allowing widespread Red Tide to form across the entire ocean.

As the red tide algal bloom intensified and spread, chance genetic mutations involved with the inbreeding, allowed it to consume less food, allowing for even greater amounts of the bacteria to grow in the same area, which intensified the red color.

(If there was still wildlife in the seas, we can just say even more chance mutations made the toxin less poisonous, and other forms of wildlife naturally resistant to the toxin proliferated)

Eh, eh? Sound good to you all?
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:04 pm

Earlier Image pic I posted about Glasses Girl's Identity, FIXED:

Lilith called Lilith all along, huh? Interesting...

And I agree that the red LCL on the Moon/sky/waters whatever is there from Adam during 2I just to scare the shit out of the audience thinking it's 3I stuff, not any lol History repeats itself ala somewhat-Re-Take.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:15 pm

NAveryW wrote:Well, it wouldn't really be a huge plot twist this time for it to turn out to be Lilith, considering most people watching it have already seen the original and know already. So they may as well just say it's Lilith all along.

Maybe they'll try to trick us into thinking that the Third Angel is Adam instead.

SSD wrote:And I agree that the red LCL on the Moon/sky/waters whatever is there from Adam during 2I just to scare the shit out of the audience thinking it's 3I stuff

If by some quirk of fate it ends up being right (hah, hah), I'm the one who said it was from Adam bursting like a balloon first.

@Algae: Would that coverup work if people actually tried testing the water to see if the algae were there?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:18 pm

Reichu wrote:@Algae: Would that coverup work if people actually tried testing the water to see if the algae were there?

Oh, the conspiracy reaches much, much further than the people spouting it off...fact is, all the surviving scientists were rounded up, and were told to stick to that story, and since a majority did, the ones that say its a lie are labeled basket-cases.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:21 pm

It'd take a damn lot of scientists...and testing for algae would be as simple as putting that water under a microscope.

No, they would do something else. I'm betting they'd blame it all on organic compounds within the metorite, stuff that reacted with Antarctic soil and ice to form that ghastly red. It's a story the public would buy much more easily, especially if there were an elaborate scientific explanation behind the fact.

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:55 am

This post was from Gendo's Papa from the, "You Are (Not) Alone review/spoilers," thread.

I'm still thinking somehow that with Film 1 essentially being heavily focused on Rei and Shinji and the next films being highly plot heavy I'm leaning towards thinking the two key relationships in the movies are Shinji/Misato and Shinji/Rei.

I starting to doubt this. Since Rei has appeared to Shinji and the whole, "we'll name our daughter, Rei," I think she'll be the only character who doesn't change.

Morzella
Adam

Postby Morzella » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Thery on red sea cover up. Iron! The metor was made entirly of iron. When it got into the sea it went all rusty. Anyone who questions this gets a headbutt from goverment sponsered Toji.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:34 pm

I starting to doubt this. Since Rei has appeared to Shinji and the whole, "we'll name our daughter, Rei," I think she'll be the only character who doesn't change.

Establishing relationships/relationships in general does not equal romantic pairings. Either way, what does Lilith/Rei 3 appearing to Shinji again have to do character changes? The characters hopefully will be the same, just some relationships will be expanded upon, such as the case of Rei and Kaworu supposedly having the films focus on them.

I hope Asuka doesn't get the shaft with her relationships, I think having more this top around on why she ends up hating Misato would be good. (Rei is because she acts like a doll, Shinji because he's a shmuck.)
I mean, is it just because Misato pays more attention to Shinji and it makes her jealous, or the fact Misato is dating Kaji? Or something else?

Oh and from this point on, Glasses Girl will be called "Roy".
8): "Yo-yo! *thumbs up* "

@ Morzella: Rust and getting punched by Touji, eh? I like it. ^_^

Dumbassery: AND I GOT IT! THAT MEANS THE LCL SEA WAS REALLY JUST RUST AND THAT'S HOW Misato'S CROSS'S NAIL GOT RUST ON IT MEANING Shinji WAS (NOT) ALONE FOR AN LONG PERIOD OF TIME AND THOSE "GRAVE MARKERS" ARE REALLY JUST STRIPPER POLES THE OFF-SCREEN HOT GIRLS WHO JUST RETURNED WERE DANCING AROUND! AND Asuka'S PISSED AT Shinji BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T GET A CHANCE TO DO THAT HERSELF SO IT DISGUSTS HER!

As an aside, here's the Coverup for 3I:

Some government official: "That giant version of Lilith, I mean, a random giant, just showed up and collapsed on her own!"
One of the Random Ignorant Masses:"Collapsed on her own?! Of all the... Listen, we may be Ignorant, but we're NOT stupid!" /Dumbassery.

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

Postby The Goose » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:00 pm

I hope Asuka doesn't get the shaft with her relationships, I think having more this top around on why she ends up hating Misato would be good. (Rei is because she acts like a doll, Shinji because he's a shmuck.)
I mean, is it just because Misato pays more attention to Shinji and it makes her jealous, or the fact Misato is dating Kaji? Or something else?

I think it was a lack of a good adult figure. The way Mistao acted always clashed with Asuka's defination of a good adult. It shows up in the original series when Asuka always told Mistao's ways of living (drinking, loose attitude, etc.) were wrong. Though, I'm certain that Asuka was also mad at Mistao for flirtous behavoir towards Shinji and Kaji.

I agree with you on establishing relationships, nuff' said. As I've mentioned before, when Asuka meets Shinji it'll be very interesting. Since Shinji has a bit of mouth on him, it makes me wonder if he'll take Asuka's insults. Plus, if Rebuild has S/A, it wouldn't be the same because of Shinji's attitude toward Asuka. The best part about the relationship in the original series was that they were so different from another.

Right now Shinji and Rei seem to have the same relationship before (if any one wants to correct me go ahead). Though taking away the scene,with Rei smiling at Shinji and seeing Gendo from the original series has to change something in the relationship, right?

Also, is this the new pilot? http://www.THAT-BOARD.com/general/imgboard.htm

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:21 pm

What Anonymous on THAT BOARD said about it (fanart uploaded onto my photobucket account):

The Resident Anonymous on THAT BOARD wrote:Image
Name Anonymous 07/09/05(Wed)06:44 No.48882 [Reply]

It is a new character of Evangerion.

>> Name Anonymous 07/09/05(Wed)06:46 No.48883

Is this really her? It looks like the person Ornette on the EMF said she looked like...

>> Name Anonymous 07/09/05(Wed)07:04 No.48885

to me It looks like Shinji with glasses & long hair :]

>> Name Anonymous 07/09/05(Wed)07:05 No.48886

Well, the pose is similar to an infamous Asuka artwork that's been shopped quite often. But it's obviously fanart anyway, so it could still be taken after that new chara for all we who haven't seen the movie know.

>> Name Anonymous 07/09/05(Wed)07:08 No.48889

>>48885

Actually looks more like a possible sister, with Yui's green eyes and Gendo's need of glasses.

Personally, I think it could be Glasses Girl fanart style, but either way it IS a fanart so who knows? She looks like Mayumi suspiciously(??) enough, more than anything else.

So, Rei doesn't smile in Rebuild, or should does but we don't see Gendou before she smiles? I is lost.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:22 pm

Hmmm...I doubt that's her.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Thinking about this now, it mostly looks like Hikari with glasses.

Since the fanart itself is based on an Asuka-pic, wasn't there actually a 'shop/fanart of Hikari posing like that?

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:25 pm

Looks like Hikari in the "Go Hikari" pic with glasses to me.

Plus, it was stated that the new characer may not necessarily be a pilot. (Which probably means that she isn't)

As for the shop/fanart you mentioned- No clue.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:33 pm

As for the shop/fanart you mentioned- No clue.

??
This:
Since the fanart itself is based on an Asuka-pic, wasn't there actually a 'shop/fanart of Hikari posing like that?

was simply mentiong the above fanart posted and asking if there's some picture of Hikari posted.

You replied that there is. (In the ANF Go Hikari! thread, I'm guessing?)

Anyway, I agree Glasses Girl is not going to be a pilot.
How old are Hikari's sisters? Maybe it's going to be one of them, or at the very least, she'll be a character related to somebody in the series we already know.

...I just had a very weird thought: Glasses Girl=Teenage Yu-sama (incognito, in a way; not her "true" form). O_o See, she was somehow able to split her soul, so she could watch over everything going to her plans in another way besides Eva, and in the end this part of her will return to Shogoki and...
*sigh* Why and how did I come up with such things? ;_;

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:44 pm

If that were to happen, NGE would TRULY be the story of an Oedipus Complex.

Sandoz
Lilith

Postby Sandoz » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:25 pm

I hope that fanart isn't her, only because the yellow plugsuit scares me. It's like the bright yellow Unit-06 from Eva-R suddenly becoming canon.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”