Luna Lovegood and Rei Ayanami

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

V
Banned

Luna Lovegood and Rei Ayanami

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:44 am

ok the connection is tenuous at best, but I never read the Harry Potter books...

...however I just got out of watching Harry Potter 5, and I think the Luna Lovegood character was really cool and stole every scene she was in. And I just went "wow, I wonder if a live-action Rei would be somewhat similar to that"

Ok the connection is tenuous at best, and I'm being half-serious. And really....Loony actually was a lot more outgoing than Rei ever would be (Luna carries on actual one on one conversations with Harry, which she actually *initiates*, and really Rei isn't like that)

still she got the....."dreamy/spacey not really in the room with everyone else" thing down.

Probably I think it's because she never made eye contact with anyone. I mean ever. She'd turn her head a bit in the direction of people she was talking to but always seemed kind of half there by not looking at them (like Rei does)

well just being goofy, just that I saw HP5 last night with the family (note; I'm not a big HP fan; just see the movies when they're out. Diehard LOTR fan :) )
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:22 pm

According to my brother, who just saw the movie, Film Luna is to Book Luna what Manga Asuka is to Anime Asuka.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:23 pm

I can't actually remember Luna very well, but i can remember her mannerisms, mainly because i used to be exactly like that when i was younger. :oops:

I think it would fit very well with a new Rei.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Malichinari
Embryo

Re: Luna Lovegood and Rei Ayanami

•      
  •      

Postby Malichinari » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:06 pm

V wrote: Diehard LOTR fan :)

LOTR is beyond awsome.

The extent of Rei's Dialogue is "......." and "....." I think it would work if they wanted Rei to be more outgoing. a lot more outgoing.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:32 pm

BOOOOOOOOOO! How can you compare those two? Luna's actually pretty cheery, and no matter how out of place or dreamy she might be, she's actually a very pleasant character.

Rei is very, very dark, depressed to the point of being suicidal, horrendously introverted, doesn't understand emotions or social interactions at all, and is horrified by the darkness within herself- the mind and soul of Lilith. Although Rei has her bright moments(Like her smiling for the first time).

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:38 pm

Heh. Luna's probably my favorite Harry Potter character; it's been going downhill, and i've been following it ever since the first book was released (IE: Before it was cool), so why stop now? She's one of the good things that came of the later books.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Vane
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vane » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:21 pm

I find Luna and Rei pretty different. Luna is spacey, but the only reason that she doesn't really socialize much with people is because everyone thinks she is a freak(though she really isn't a freak, she just really... acceptant of anything.), reading the book gives you a clearer insight on the character.

Luna is actually pretty normal compared to Rei.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:29 am

freak isnt the word i would use, Luna is more......Loony. Loony Luna
she is very spacey, where Rei on the other hand is just empty
Luna is out there, Rei is just very deep within herself
so no, not much relevance there

but i think i get what your saying, i dont know how to put it in words, but i think i have an idea

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:32 am

as I understand it, book-Luna was very different from move-Luna.

Book-Luna was apparently kind of like Alternate Universe Rei from episode 26.

But what I was saying was just "wow, the actress they have doing movie-Luna does this REALLY good "calm and detached voice" which reminded me of Rei...a bit.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:47 am

NO NO NO NO NO
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

DarkNova
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DarkNova » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:04 am

O.K I’ll admit I haven’t seen the move yet but if the move Luna has anything in common with the book Luna then I would NOT EVER want an actress who played her well to play Rei in the LAM, at lest not based on that.

P.S
Was the Harry Potter move any good, or did it skip almost all the book like 4 did?
Burn the land and bole the sea
You can’t take the sky from me

Vane
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vane » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:14 am

DarkNova wrote:Was the Harry Potter move any good, or did it skip almost all the book like 4 did?

Considering it was one of the shortest HP movies, they did skip over a bunch, the beginning part went by really quickly, you could almost think of it like a 2 page summary of the book from a teenager, that doesn't make the movie bad though.

You do have a better chance of seeing similarities between Movie Luna and Rei than the book Luna, since it didn't go all that deep into why Luna was called Loony Lovegood.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”