[News] News Thread

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9067
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

[News] News Thread

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:22 pm

Found an interesting news story? Post it here.
Last edited by The Eva Monkey on Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Instagram] [Twitch]

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

Postby slothen » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:25 pm

sticky plz
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby TriLink » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:16 pm

slothen wrote:sticky plz

Agreed. This reeks of a sticky. Otherwise it'll just get pushed off page 1 in a couple of days.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9067
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:11 pm

"If you use it. It will stick."
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Instagram] [Twitch]

CyborgZeta
Adam
User avatar
Posts: 78
Joined: Oct 23, 2006

Postby CyborgZeta » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Bandai Visual Adds Gundam MS Igloo, Super Robot Wars:

Bandai Visual USA has made the first anime licensing announcement of this year's Anime Expo. In October, the company will release the 2005 Super Robot Wars Original Generation - The Animation OVA and the all-CG Gundam universe side story Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079. Bandai Visual has also licensed the Super Robot Wars Original Generation television series, and is planning to bring it to the US after work on the OVA release has been completed.
"Without courage all virtues lose their meaning." - Winston Churchill

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 22956
Joined: Aug 13, 2006
Location: 私の中いる自分の心
Gender: Female

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:42 pm

....Hmmm. The above post made me think about something. Does it matter WHAT type of news? eg, real-life depressing news crap, the Daily Show variety of the news (ALWAYS FTW! ^_^), or anime/manga and other geek-type related news??
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9067
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:22 pm

Basically, if you find something interesting, post it here. I don't want people getting into the habit of making a new thread every time they find something, most of the time, there's 5 to 6 short responses, and then we have another thread just sitting around. I would much rather have one thread for people to post their miscellanious news.

Like this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190586,00.html

A guy saw a 2 year old wandering around alone, he didn't stop to help because he was afraid he would be charged with abducting her. Then the child drowned.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Instagram] [Twitch]

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel
User avatar
Posts: 270
Joined: Aug 08, 2006

Postby AuthenticM » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:23 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Like this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190586,00.html

A guy saw a 2 year old wandering around alone, he didn't stop to help because he was afraid he would be charged with abducting her. Then the child drowned.

God, this is awful. About that Barnaby guy: I'm sure the girl's parents were catholic extremists. Society is getting more and more crazy because of crazy people. If everyone just stopped and thought for a second before acting, this would not happen.
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby TriLink » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:18 pm

AuthenticM wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:A guy saw a 2 year old wandering around alone, he didn't stop to help because he was afraid he would be charged with abducting her. Then the child drowned.

God, this is awful.

Indeed. Especially considering the way the mother discovered the body, you really have to feel for her. I can understand the guys feelings too, though. After all, it only takes one sexual offense to totally ruin someone's life, and with the way things are nowadays, he obviously didn't want to take that risk.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth
User avatar
Age: 34
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sep 12, 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Gender: Male

Postby slothen » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:29 pm

pedophilia hysteria is real, and people take advantage of it to hurt other people. One of my neighbors is currently serving time in prison over it.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Kyle
Matarael
Matarael
User avatar
Posts: 577
Joined: Jan 15, 2006
Location: In the middle of freakin'

Postby Kyle » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:20 pm

Qhat I want to know is...what the hell was it doing in a burger king parking
lot?!In new york none the less?!?
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/01/vampire.peacock.ap/index.html[/url]
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 69
Joined: Jul 03, 2007
Location: Lurker at the Threshold

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:24 pm

What bothers me more about that story is the fact that the guy thought the thing was a Vampire. (And I know Vampires... I watch BloodRayne!)

I'm voting on the fact he's on drugs.
Apparently, I'm the admin's new(read:old) Chew toy.

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul
User avatar
Posts: 690
Joined: Jan 02, 2007
Location: Asuka's pants
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby Rommel » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:48 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Basically, if you find something interesting, post it here. I don't want people getting into the habit of making a new thread every time they find something, most of the time, there's 5 to 6 short responses, and then we have another thread just sitting around. I would much rather have one thread for people to post their miscellanious news.

Like this one:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,190586,00.html

A guy saw a 2 year old wandering around alone, he didn't stop to help because he was afraid he would be charged with abducting her. Then the child drowned.


Dude's got a point. Obviously, everyone is out to get the kids. It's like that episode of Southpark. The answer is to get the local Chinese guy to build a wall, and then the Mongolians show up.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject
User avatar
Posts: 2945
Joined: Sep 04, 2006
Location: I'm actually in a demon

Postby CorporalChaos » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:15 am

Kyle wrote:Qhat I want to know is...what the hell was it doing in a burger king parking
lot?!In new york none the less?!?
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/01/vampire.peacock.ap/index.html[/url]
Man, that article makes it sound like the peacock had to be killed because the tail feathers came out.

Also, I would be worried about child abduction charges being filed against me if I picked up a kid I saw wandering around backroads.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

The Eva Monkey
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Posts: 9067
Joined: Jun 14, 2004
Location: The Evanets.
Gender: Male
Contact:

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:11 pm

I saw this earlier today:

http://www.stupidiphonelady.com/

God it feels good to see ignorant people fail at life.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Instagram] [Twitch]

TriLink
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1294
Joined: Aug 02, 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Postby TriLink » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:05 pm

Things you can buy with $100,000.00...

1. A decent sized house
2. 5-6 New Cars
3. College Tuition for the kids
4. A whole lot of internet domains

And this lady chooses to buy IPhones? Pft, dumbass.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

20XD6_Tyrant
Banned
User avatar
Posts: 69
Joined: Jul 03, 2007
Location: Lurker at the Threshold

Postby 20XD6_Tyrant » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:03 pm

Yeah, what a retard. iPhones?!?!? Why do we need these, again?

If you want something that can call, A cell phone suffices. If you want an MP3 player, just bring your iPod. If I wanted to type, i'd use a Laptop. Lord knows I can borrow one from the neighbours across the street. Lastly, if I wanted to play a game on the run, I'd just bring or borrow a hand-held.

There is virtualy no reason to buy something that's-all-in-one, when something like a Cell-Phone, or Ipod, can accomplish the job effectively enough on their own.

In other news, The X-Files pilot was awesome, And Don Johnson's Heartbeat's music video still makes no sense after twenty years.

Back to whoever.
Apparently, I'm the admin's new(read:old) Chew toy.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1116
Joined: Nov 19, 2006
Location: Under the Crimson Air

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:09 pm

http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstories_story_186074452.html
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma
User avatar
Posts: 6301
Joined: Feb 11, 2006
Location: Attending Physician - AKA: Hell
Contact:

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:34 pm

20XD6_Tyrant wrote:There is virtualy no reason to buy something that's-all-in-one

1) Status symbol. 2) Easier to carry one thing instead of four.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God
User avatar
Posts: 5751
Joined: Feb 03, 2007

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:52 pm

^ But what if you don't need more than one, Brik-kun? :P


Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest