Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Ya its by Koto but as for it being a figure or a model kit no one knows.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:05 pm

The Rah def looks nice! I just have a sour taste in my mouth from Rah/medcom from previous purchases.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:The Rah def looks nice! I just have a sour taste in my mouth from Rah/medcom from previous purchases.

Yeah, I was considering getting the RAH Black Rock Shooter but I don't think I'm going to because:

A: She's so damn big and heavy, must be a nightmare to stand up.

B: HUGELY expensive.

C: The proportions are really weird. Absurdly skinny, almost bony lower legs, and a really long thin neck. It makes a really appealing character look unnerving.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:31 pm

View Original PostAurelian wrote:Blue M-
If you can't find the exclusive edition, then it isn't a great loss IMO (unless you're a collector).
By the time you go to Japan you may be capable to get a hand on RAH 01 for a good price , maybe on the awakening version too.

Good to know. Not too fussed on the limited edition, so yeah.

Thanks for putting up pics too Aurelian, looks so awesome! Especially in this one. Can't wait to own one (eventually)! Awakening version would be cool as well.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Jomei
Lilith

Postby Jomei » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:16 pm

My Evangelion toy frenzy continues, and I've even broken my "no anime girl figures" rule--just this once. Only for Rei. :oops:

Figma Rei Ayanami: honestly, it's a really fantastic figure. I ham-handedly snapped one of the pegs on the stands, but besides that, this is a top-notch item. Tamashii could stand to learn a thing or two from this company (storage bag and extra-hand-holder thingy, stands included, easily-swappable parts, etc.).
SPOILER: Show

Sega Evangelion EX "extra figure versus" Unit 01 (no idea what I'm supposed to call this thing, really). It was only about 500 yen, and it's bigger and way cooler than I was expecting. I definitely will try to hunt down more like this.

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:22 pm

View Original PostJomei wrote:My Evangelion toy frenzy continues, and I've even broken my "no anime girl figures" rule--just this once. Only for Rei. :oops:

Figma Rei Ayanami: honestly, it's a really fantastic figure. I ham-handedly snapped one of the pegs on the stands, but besides that, this is a top-notch item. Tamashii could stand to learn a thing or two from this company (storage bag and extra-hand-holder thingy, stands included, easily-swappable parts, etc.).

Sega Evangelion EX "extra figure versus" Unit 01 (no idea what I'm supposed to call this thing, really). It was only about 500 yen, and it's bigger and way cooler than I was expecting. I definitely will try to hunt down more like this.

Yeah, Figmas are pretty great. I own the Black Rock Shooter and Ika Musume Figmas and they're both awesome. Great articulation, nice sculpting, good paint apps, excellent accessories, cool use of hand racks and bags, superb stands, all round worth the money.

Word of warning about the Asuka Figma though. Her boobs "float" due to the way her chest joint works. It's only noticeable if you pose her really crazily, but it may put you off. Also, she's only available in her test plugsuit, so if you want the original plugsuit you'll have to get the Revoltech Fraulein.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:49 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Word of warning about the Asuka Figma though. Her boobs "float" due to the way her chest joint works

Believe him... I didn't believed so until I saw one in flesh and bone (so to speak) last week...
It's sooo weird :uhh:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

Extensive review of the medicom Eva 01, so pretty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlb4sOZhMpA
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 pm

I was going to update my collection pic and decided not to because I basically only downsize rather then upsize. I sold my entire SoC Eva set aswell as my entire Kaiyodo/Xebic line(All evas +6 MPs) for about $250.

All I have left is a full set of EvaEvos,Robot Damashiis and a set of the first revoltechs. And my Asuka collection I'll never get rid of that.

I was able to fix my "Floating boob" syndrome on my figma Asuka by carefully applying small amounts of super glue. She still retains her articulation in the chest.

Yossarian Dies
Embryo

Sega REAL Model

Postby Yossarian Dies » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:34 pm

I have a bunch of these, but I know nothing about them. I have the series 01, 02, 03, 04, 07, 09, 10, 11, and 17. Series 05, 06, and 08 aren't Eva figures (can someone explain that?). And in my years of collecting, I've never seen series 12 or 13 (Sachiel and Zeruel). Also, I'm confused how it jumps to 17. Does this mean there is a series 13-16?

I only ask because I've never seen any info on these figures. I feel like there's some sort of mystery about them, with the kaiyodo and revoltech figures being very popular and documented.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:31 pm

Found a higher resolution pic of the Revoltech Eva 13 prototype...

Source: Kaiju Planet Blogspot

It seems that it does include a second chest piece for the "enclosed arms" form...
But I can't make out what is the abdominal section made of... Can't see any articulations... That either means that:
A) It doesn't have any
B) They're perfectly concealed

Anyhow, what's that on the far right of the hands line?

Jomei
Lilith

Postby Jomei » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:43 am

I have no clue, but I just got unit 00 in the mail today. Pretty cool for $6 shipped, even if the lance accessory is a little flimsy.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:15 am

I think my favorite thing in this picture is the large PHOTOGRAPHY PROHIBITED sign.

distopia
Lilith

Postby distopia » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:I think my favorite thing in this picture is the large PHOTOGRAPHY PROHIBITED sign.
:wink:

Gojimatt
Lilith

Postby Gojimatt » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:22 am

That looks awesome! Just please, Revoltech, please don't fuck up the sculpt with gloss paint! But seriously that looks great, nice find Arael. And is it just me or do the pylons on the shoulders look like they attatch to arms in the old fashioned way and not the method used by the Evo Evas? I'm impressed by the sculpt, I have theory that with the new armour for the Evas being a little closer to classic giant robots that Yamaguchi might stand a better chance of getting this iteration of Evas closer to their screen counterparts, cuss the Evos are still a tiny bit wide of the mark for me. Still this guy looks pretty dam funky! :D
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

PainXIII12
Adam

Postby PainXIII12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Found a higher resolution pic of the Revoltech Eva 13 prototype...

Source: Kaiju Planet Blogspot

It seems that it does include a second chest piece for the "enclosed arms" form...
But I can't make out what is the abdominal section made of... Can't see any articulations... That either means that:
A) It doesn't have any
B) They're perfectly concealed

Anyhow, what's that on the far right of the hands line?
those are the hand guards on his second set of hands or his chest piece

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:54 pm

Are the Sega Real Model figures any good? Someone is selling Unit 01, Unit 02 and Unit 00 for £10 a figure. The build quality and paint apps look good but I'm not sure about the articulation.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Postby bladerj » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 pm

View Original PostPainXIII12 wrote:those are the hand guards on his second set of hands or his chest piece

You are wrong, they are the at field projector drones.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:01 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:And is it just me or do the pylons on the shoulders look like they attatch to arms in the old fashioned way and not the method used by the Evo Evas?

Dunno... The reflection on the back mirror doesn't help to show it, but it would be pointless to put it like that again...
I like more the current form, no struggle to get the pylon in (doing that actually chipped a bit of paint from my TV-Eva 02) nor fragile peg to insert it (like those of the 2.0 mold)...

Yossarian Dies
Embryo

Postby Yossarian Dies » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:28 pm

So you got the blue one then?

It seems like the actual figure itself isn't too well made. They just look good in their boxes on display, with the trading card inside and all

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”