Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks for the advice! Yeah I won't lie in saying that I'm not too bogged down by the accessory counts of the previous Revo as I'm more concerned about getting the "better" figures themselves. I mean as long as they have sufficient accessories then I'm rather fine with them.

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Welcome!
So far Sachiel and Zeruel will be released and will be in scaled with even the revo EvaEvo evas.

Oh that's cool! I've heard about the upcoming S.H. Mosterarts figures but I didn't know that they'd be in scale with the more recent Revo Evas.

That said, how do you think the Revo EvaEvo figures compare to the Robot Damashii ones?
Last edited by ronri on Fri May 11, 2012 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
April 1995. I met her.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Fri May 11, 2012 12:45 am

Since I own both RDs and EvaEvos I personally like and think the Robot Damashiis are better.But if you're a completist then you'll be disappointed since only 00,01,02 and 03 were released(So was Beast and Awakening).They can be more pricey too but if you hit up Mandarake you can get them pretty cheao nowadays.

But really the defference is pretty moot and def personal preferance.I own all EvaEvos 00,01,02,03,04,05 and Mk06 and love them just as much as my RDs.

The Monsterarts angels are built in scale with the Robot Damashiis evas.Their about the same size as EvaEvos so the Angels will be perfect size wise.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

SEELE-01
Pilot Candidate
Pilot Candidate

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri May 11, 2012 6:23 pm

View Original Postronri wrote:That said, how do you think the Revo EvaEvo figures compare to the Robot Damashii ones?

(can't believe we are having this talk again, but anyway...)

The EvaEvo is to Robot Damashii what Robot Damashii is to the 2.0 mold of Revoltech: an improved version that corrected some mistakes from the competition (not completely true for EvaEvo)...

Robot Damashii has a better sculpt, Revos have better articulation (EvaEvo conceals the torso and waist-to-leg articulation more effectively than RD)

Robot Damashii (normal releases) and EvaEvos are about the same price

Revo is almost guaranteed to make every single Eva (and re-release it some time later, even with no difference or improvement), we haven't had any news of RD for almost 2 years now (maybe Eva 05 and 04 will never be made)

The extras of EvaEvo (while some are quite pointless) are quite good... RD doesn't have as many...
Visit my Eva-figures blog, Youtube channel and Twitter

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Sat May 12, 2012 12:18 am

My bad, sorry for asking the tired question. I was actually gonna post that I went back through the pages and checked what you guys had said about them back then (most notably from you and Shaneva's comments in particular), I just didn't have time to reply last night as I was already tired. :sweatdrop:

Thanks for pretty much giving me an overview of both of them. I've decided I'm most likely gonna go for the EvaEvos (mostly due to the incomplete lineup of RD though). Now since I'm primarily going for Unit 01 (and then 00 later), I read from some of the comments here that EvaEvo's Unit 01 and its Awakening version have a better sculpt in comparison to the RD versions. Would you say that's true? (unless that was just supposed to be the Awakening ver.)

I might actually skimp on the EvaEvo 06 for now and wait for a potential re-release for a more accurate spear, if not then I'll just hunt it down.

Also, another question: I've been looking around for some decent NGE Evas around the same size and level of articulation as the current Revos and RD figures (specifically Unit 01 and 00), but are the old Revo versions the only ones that were made or are there better figures out there I should know of?
Last edited by ronri on Sat May 12, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
April 1995. I met her.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:05 am

The EvaEvos articulation is not better then the RDs lol The only thing the EvaEvos did better was fix the problem with exposed hips the RDs had. But even with that fixed the RDs are still better, although the gap in difference between the EvaEvo and 2.0 mold has shorten. But the RD evas still come out on top.

Both lines are awesome and the race for best eva is closer but personally the RDs are still king.

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Sat May 12, 2012 3:34 am

Haha fair enough! :toothy:

I've been reading that the EvaEvos have some limitations where supposedly they can't do certain poses that only RDs can. Is it that much of a deal-breaker (loosely speaking here mind you) or is it just the RDs really stretching out the limits of the amounts poses that an Eva can do?

But yeah, I'd also like to know if there's other NGE figures similar in size and movement as the Rebuild RDs/Revos. Otherwise, I'll probably start hunting down the Revoltech ones.
Last edited by ronri on Sat May 12, 2012 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
April 1995. I met her.

SEELE-01
Pilot Candidate
Pilot Candidate

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

Ok... As of poses, The RD CAN do things the EvaEvo can't... A few... The big difference is that the overall structure of the RD figures gives them a more "organic" feel... That is, they look less stiff than the EvaEvo...

As of figures of NGE.. I would go for Revoltech again... Only a few companies made Evas from the NGE time, the other options are the Bandai model kits (which require a lot of assembling and painting) OR the Soul of Chogoking, which is rather expensive nowadays... In any case, while not expensive if looked for properly, they are rather scarce...

And there's no awakening version of EvaEvo Unit 01... The awakening exists so far only in the 2.0 mold... And for the awakening Eva 01, I'd go with RD... Has some really wicked stuff... I'm still waiting for EvaEvo to make it :uhh:

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Sat May 12, 2012 2:00 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:And there's no awakening version of EvaEvo Unit 01... The awakening exists so far only in the 2.0 mold... And for the awakening Eva 01, I'd go with RD... Has some really wicked stuff... I'm still waiting for EvaEvo to make it :uhh:

Aw really? That actually sucks. >_>

Yeah I noticed that the RD Awakening had a lot of extras, so give or take I MIGHT settle with that one for now (unless it gets the EvaEvo update).
April 1995. I met her.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sat May 12, 2012 3:01 pm

Like I said the gap between RDs and the 2.0 mold(the revo line of evas before EvaEvo) has shrunk dramatically with intro of the EvaEvo line but RDs still pull ahead.But its more of question now if your a completist or if you like a more stylized sculpt or if you like a matte finish or glossy one rather then this fig is way better then that one.

I will give you a personal experience with both lines.I don't keep mine in the boxes, I display them. So everytime I dust(about once a month) I repose them and what not.

1)RD: Takes me about 10mins to repose them all in the perfect pose with mininumal readjustment.Done.

2)EvaEvo: Takes me about 45mins+ to get them in a perfect pose with a lot of readjusting. And when I'm done its geranteed that 1 or 2 will end up toppeling over(even with stand) due to the softer plastic they uses starts to settle in.

But really I love them both and you won't be dissapointed with either line(I hope).

SEELE-01
Pilot Candidate
Pilot Candidate

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat May 12, 2012 6:34 pm

@ronri: In any given case, the point is that you have fun with your purchase, either by having them in your desk, shelf or neatly displayed in the box... Let us know when you receive them and your final opinion!

BTW, you are lucky that we could answer you neutrally... A couple of years ago this would have been an opinion war :leekspin:

Anyhow...
Week post!
, after a month of forced vacations...

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Mon May 14, 2012 8:24 am

That's true, enjoyability is what really counts. Admittedly the reason I've been asking all these questions is because from my general toy-collecting experience (most notably western figures) I would rather stay with one "definitive" version rather than buying multiple re-hashes of the same "character". Strange mentality I know, but that's how I roll with collecting figures especially nowadays.

Doing a bit more research, I'm still unsure which one to really go for so I'll probably just wait things out (plus I'll have the re-released MP-Eva to keep me company soon). That said, I hate being able to notice minor differences in sculpt so this question has been bugging me like hell ever since something dawned on me......tell me is it possible to swap the heads of the EvaEvo Unit 01 with the previous Revo Unit 01? And if so, are their colors close enough that when you swap their heads it won't look too jarring.

Because dammit, when I compare the two heads, I can't help but notice how the previous Revo Unit 01 might actually have an overall better headsculpt. :facepalm:

Going back to RDs though, I dunno about it being cancelled just yet. What if the line isn't really dead and they're just waiting for the 3rd movie's release until they do some more like finally making their own Mark 06? Personally I think that makes more sense unlike the Revo strategy of re-releasing the same Evas all "new and improved" each time they have a chance. Still, if they don't jump on the chance to release figures when the 3rd film comes out then that would kinda suck not to mention it'd be a wasted opportunity. On a somewhat related note, looking through past posts and sites like Ebay it's kind of a bummer how RD 00 is an exclusive (yes I actually quite like 00), so this is slowly making me lean over to the Revo side. Still, knowing Revoltechs maybe I should just wait and see if they'll re-release the figures with new improvements (again). >_>
April 1995. I met her.

SEELE-01
Pilot Candidate
Pilot Candidate

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:32 am

View Original Postronri wrote: is it possible to swap the heads of the EvaEvo Unit 01 with the previous Revo Unit 01? And if so, are their colors close enough that when you swap their heads it won't look too jarring.

No, you can't...
Until the 2.0 mold, Revo made joints only in certain sizes... With that, sometimes the joints seemed bulky or small...
Since the EvaEvo line and forward, the joints are made in size to the figures, I assume, trying to prevent them for being out of size...
The 2.0 mold and the EvaEvo have different neck-to-head articulations... In the 2.0 mold it is way bigger than in the EvaEvo...
In short: no, you can't put the head of a 2.0 Eva on an EvaEvo

View Original Postronri wrote:What if the line isn't really dead and they're just waiting for the 3rd movie's release until they do some more like finally making their own Mark 06?

We are all waiting for that... In any case we all know (some unwillingly) than Evas 04 and 05 will more than likely never see light of existence...

View Original Postronri wrote:Still, knowing Revoltechs maybe I should just wait and see if they'll re-release the figures with new improvements (again). >_>

I really doubt they will make another mold (and I hope they think so too)... EvaEvo seems good enough to finish the Evas of Rebuild...

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Mon May 14, 2012 11:00 am

Ah that's a shame about the head then.

As for my remark about the EvaEvo getting re-released with "new improvements", I guess I was more referring to minor tweaks or new accessories rather than a full-on new mold (that would be pretty insane). Sort of like a general re-release to coincide with the 3rd movie's release I guess?

I'll probably just wait it out and see what the toy companies come up with by the 3rd film's release. So for now I'll go for some of the figmas of the girls as well as just dig back and look for the older NGE Revos as well since they don't look too bad even by today's standards.

Thanks for all the info guys! Really appreciate it! :harpy_liplick:
April 1995. I met her.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:56 pm

View Original Postronri wrote:What if the line isn't really dead and they're just waiting for the 3rd movie's release until they do some more like finally making their own Mark 06?

Well if thats the case then 05 will never be made, unless........they are just going to save 05 and Mk 06 for the next movie to release.With the one or two new evas to most likely be introduced during this movie and since they most likely will not rerelease 00,01,02 and 03 like Revoltech does with every movie, the line for that movie will be pretty small if they didn't.

04 doesn't need to be released with a movie since its attached to the rebuild paccihko game short and thus can be released any time if they do it.

bladerj
Tabris
Tabris

Postby bladerj » Mon May 14, 2012 4:37 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:

We are all waiting for that... In any case we all know (some unwillingly) than Evas 04 and 05 will more than likely never see light of existence...

Not true, bandai marketing research sucks, but bandai always re-release their figures some time later,i can see them releasing unit 05 with a re-release batch (closer to the new movie),they problably didnt do it, becouse of technical dificulties not being worth to a unknown eva, as you ocan ssee they played it safe with the evas, 2 regular release and the unsure return as exclusives,then they came too late to the party with a regular release of beast mode.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Pilot Candidate
Pilot Candidate

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:48 pm

For what my limited and really dubious clairvoyant skills tell me, I see in the 3.0 Revo lineup:

-Eva 01 (depends if it's re-activated in this movie... For some reason the left filange tells me it won't appear until Final or for very brief moments in Q)
-Eva 02 beta
-Mark VI
-Eva 08
-Eva 07 (feel like it will be another Eva 04 or 05 [5 minutes of glory, then boom])
-A variation of at least one of the above...

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Tue May 15, 2012 9:00 pm

@bladerj:
I definitely agree about Bandai. They picked two of the more popular Evas for standard release while making the other ones into exclusives. They were probably wary of how Unit 05 will do in terms of popularity, not to mention the amount of work needed for the construction, so they pretty much just played it safe.

Mind you I can still see them making 05 (even if chances are slim), while I think that the likelihood of Bandai releasing their own Mark 06 is pretty high in my opinion. That said, if they don't then they're just wasting such a great oppotunity. While the EvaEvos are the likely the route I'll be heading to, I'm all for grabbing Mark 06 as my first standalone RD (unless they do decide to re-release the other Evas in which case then that's even better).

@arael:
Pretty much why I'm still holding out on grabbing the EvaEvo Mark 06 despite how cool it looks (not to mention there's still available stocks on many sites): [url]http://images.wikia.com/evangelion/images/5/5f/Evangelion_Mark.06_Wallpaper.png[/url]

I'll be more than happy to pass on the moon accessory if they give us that great-looking red spear. :D
That said, it does look like that the blue-gray spear might make some sort of appearance based on certain promotional images. Admittedly though, the design itself looks quite different in comparison to the red spear and the one that the EvaEvo 06 has: [url]http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/536808[/url]
Last edited by ronri on Wed May 16, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
April 1995. I met her.

SEELE-01
Pilot Candidate
Pilot Candidate

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:43 pm

View Original Postronri wrote: (unless they do decide to re-release the other Evas in which case then that's even better).

Wait... When Bandai does it it's OK and cool but when Revo does it's fraud and theft and treating fans as idiots?

View Original Postronri wrote:That said, it does look like that the blue-gray spear might make some sort of appearance based on certain promotional images.

We all think the same... I though about painting the spear of my Mark VI red but then I decided to wait for an explanation about it's color...

ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Wed May 16, 2012 2:02 am

View Original Postarael wrote:Wait... When Bandai does it it's OK and cool but when Revo does it's fraud and theft and treating fans as idiots?

Oh don't worry, I wasn't trying to imply that. In particular I'm just talking about Bandai re-releasing the same exact figures (new packaging aside) as I think it gives the fans another opportunity. Still I think that chances are quite slim truth be told, especially when you consider how some of the figures were exclusives.

It's the same with Revo anyway, every time they re-release something, that's not really bad as it just gives fans another opportunity to buy their stuff. Now if we're talking about companies constantly releasing figures of the same character making only small improvements each time then that's a different story altogether.
April 1995. I met her.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Wed May 16, 2012 3:44 pm

You can get the red spear for the Mk 06 now if you can track down the Ex Box set with the Mk 06/Unit 04. It was red in that set plus I think both it and the 04 LoL were made of some kinda light weight metal.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”