Resident Evil

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Executor
Banned

Resident Evil

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 5:14 pm

Because I can. Tyrant's are fucking nasty, any version, but espcially Nemesis(yes, he was a Tyrant.)

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon May 28, 2007 5:15 pm

Damn! you beat me to it!
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 5:16 pm

Indeed I did. Also, lickers, hunters, and Ivy's are, well nasty also.
ETA: Should I get rid of the Worthless Trolling Palm-fucker bit? Because it's really more like a warning...

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon May 28, 2007 5:20 pm

indeed you should remove it... but your getting off topic already. do play RE for story or action?
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 5:22 pm

Kaminoyouni wrote:indeed you should remove it... but your getting off topic already. do play RE for story or action?

Removed.
Story, mostly. It's actually kinda interresting, the problem is that Capcom cant really tell a consistant story without tripping over itself.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 pm

i think i know what you mean... but it slips my mind at the moment. remind me where they do that?
Proud Member of F.A.P.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 5:25 pm

So we're talking about the games right?

Nothing beats the original. I still have nightmares because of the huge mansion!
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 5:28 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:So we're talking about the games right?

Nothing beats the original. I still have nightmares because of the huge mansion!

Games. Leave the shitty movies out of this discussion. The Origional game is great, and isnt obsolete, in terms of difficulty. And the voice-acting is fucking hilarious, in bad awful it truely is. Remake is a much tighter game all-around, though.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 5:33 pm

Executor wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:So we're talking about the games right?

Games. Leave the shitty movies out of this discussion. The Origional game is great, and isnt obsolete. And the voice-acting is fucking hilarious, in bad awful it truely is. Remake is a much tighter game all-around, though.

Well, the movies pleased me in terms of action--except the ridiculous Street Fighter battle between Alice and Nemesis in RE2--, but yeah, they should be renamed. Insult in the RE history.

The remake was better than the original, but the original is always the original. I also liked RE4, i don't know why so many people hate it.--Leon finally became a man! His character is nothing like the pansy one in RE2, Claire was more of a man in that one!--
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon May 28, 2007 5:34 pm

but why is it that both Japan and the U.S. version both have the english voice cast? also has anyone played RE outbreak and outbreak File#2?
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 5:36 pm

It's jusy funny that clarie is apparently a proficient shot with a Browing HP(The model in RE2 is the .40 S&W model.) And damn it I liked Leon in RE2, he's kinda belivable in the game. And his weapons were better than claires.
And please dont bring up the Nemesis vs Alice fight. That was about as fucking painful as the whole of armaggedon.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 5:42 pm

Executor wrote: And damn it I liked Leon in RE2, he's kinda belivable in the game. And his weapons were better than claires.

Well yeah, only he was more concerned about his romance with Ada, than bringing down the bitches. Especially the green ones. And the naked.

Btw, Ada has died(!?) and ressurected as many times as Nemesis.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 5:44 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
Executor wrote: And damn it I liked Leon in RE2, he's kinda belivable in the game. And his weapons were better than claires.

Well yeah, only he was more concerned about his romance with Ada, than bringing down the bitches. Especially the green ones. And the naked.

She didnt evendie, in the closest thing to RE2's official story.(Claire A & Leon B.) She just got smashed up a bit. And gives you the rocket launcher in the fight with Mr. X

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Kaminoyouni wrote:but why is it that both Japan and the U.S. version both have the english voice cast? also has anyone played RE outbreak and outbreak File#2?

I would hazard a guess it's chaeper to go with a single group of nobody as the voice actors.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 5:51 pm

Executor wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:

She didnt evendie, in the closest thing to RE2's official story.(Claire A & Leon B.) She just got smashed up a bit. And gives you the rocket launcher in the fight with Mr. X

Well in Leon A, she had a nice-goodbye-fall after getting shoted by Anette and in Leon B, i think Leon's scream pretty much says it. Now, how the hell does she come in the final battle to provide us with the launcher, beats me.

Anywya i like her in RE4. She has some nice lines.

p.s forgive me if i forget something, it's been a long time since i played it.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 6:02 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
Executor wrote:
the_seventh_child wrote:

Well in Leon A, she had a nice-goodbye-fall after getting shoted by Anette and in Leon B, i think Leon's scream pretty much says it. Now, how the hell does she come in the final battle to provide us with the launcher, beats me.

Anywya i like her in RE4. She has some nice lines.

p.s forgive me if i forget something, it's been a long time since i played it.

Then again, In Leon B, we could count it on Leon simpley being a badly frazzled rookie, than ADa actually being dead. And sherry was far more annoying anyways. (Though a master of vent-fu)
Besides, it's kinda easy Ada survived in the worderful world of RE, where you need a fucking good character shield. Ada's death really aint as bad Krouser's in RE4, espcially the PS2 version.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Executor wrote: Ada's death really aint as bad Krouser's in RE4, espcially the PS2 version.

You tell me about it!

Code Veronica is one of my favorites. Though i gotta hate it for screwin with my fav character Steve, i still have a guilt pleasure for Wesker and i REALLY hated the A twins!

Btw, for some weird reason RE is connected with Silent Hill in my mind. Is there any thread for that somewhere around here?

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Mon May 28, 2007 6:11 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:
Executor wrote: Ada's death really aint as bad Krouser's in RE4, espcially the PS2 version.

You tell me about it!

Code Veronica is one of my favorites. Though i gotta hate it for screwin with my fav character Steve, i still have a guilt pleasure for Wesker and i REALLY hated the A twins!

Btw, for some weird reason RE is connected with Silent Hill in my mind. Is there any thread for that somewhere around here?

Tell you what, I hated Steve when I first met him in game, but I liked him much more as time went on. And, in all honestly, CV/X is my least favorite out of the RE core games. It's a good game, but I just have problems with it. (Like the graphics., and the controls were chunkier than usuall. But, Alfred is one of the best things about the game, with his cartoonish evilness. Truely, he is the Resident Evil. :)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Mon May 28, 2007 6:15 pm

Executor wrote:But, Alfred is one of the best things about the game, with his cartoonish evilness. Truely, he is the Resident Evil. :)

Gotta agree, that blonde bitch was good. I always thought he really had a thing for his sister but oh well. What i really hated in the game, was Chris's face design. Pu-lease. He looked like a monkey!

Gotta give them credit though, for the twin A's music theme.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon May 28, 2007 6:18 pm

I'm a HUGE Resident Evil fan, I'm proud to say. The first one I played was REmake for the Cube back in the day. Damn that game freaked me out! I just about jumped out of my chair whenever some bitch or other broke through a window and lunged at me. My favorite game is RE4, though. Everything just clicked for me in that one. The non-stop Ganado action was a nice change of pace from the sometimes dull zombie battles of previous games. And it was nice to get some controls that didn't make me want to throw my controller out the window. The music was awesome too, btw.

Kaminoyouni wrote:but why is it that both Japan and the U.S. version both have the english voice cast?

This is only a guess, but I think it might have something to do with RE's greater popularity in the west than in Japan. They cast English actors to cator to the Americans since they're the ones buying it, and slap on a few subs for the Japs. Again, only a guess.

The 7th Child wrote:Btw, Ada has died(!?) and ressurected as many times as Nemesis.

There's actually a video out there called "Weskers Report" that hints that Ada may have in fact died in RE2, only to be later ressurected by Wesker because he still "had a use for her". As to how he did it, you got me (T-Virus magic, maybe?)

Executor wrote:Ada's death really aint as bad Krouser's in RE4, espcially the PS2 version.

I loved Krauser as a character and hope they bring him back for future games, Ada style. I'd like for them to elaborate a little more on the relationship between Leon and him.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”