Only Smart People Like Evangelion?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Only Smart People Like Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:46 pm

I noticed that only Smart/Crazy people like evangelion is it just me?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:55 pm

i don't know anyone else other than the people on this and another fourm that like EVA and i don't know any physically so i don't know
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:57 pm

Um... yes. Of course. Only smart people like Evangelion! Wheee! I'm smart!!
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:59 pm

I noticed that only Smart/Crazy people like evangelion is it just me?

It's just you. I've seen plenty to indicate that it isn't only smart people who like Evangelion. As for crazy, you're absolutely right.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :twisted:

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

belial11737
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby belial11737 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:09 pm

nah, nah you r all wrong...I know a few people who only like evangelion cuz of the cool mechas and action scenes ( which means they skip all the "boring" episodes in which there is character development)
"You might make no sense, but at least you are energetic about it" -Lord Ilpallazo

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:15 pm

I've observed on a whole, that people either really hate Eva, or really like Eva. And of those that like it, people are either really intellectual and mature, or really immature and at times god awful stupid. So, no, Eva fans aren't really smart by any measure, I find for every intellectual and mature fan, there's one stupid immature fan to negate the intelligence on a whole.

Although, as Gollum stated in Kojiro Abe's skit:

"Evangelion is for smart, sophisticated people and teenage boys with sexual problems, not stupid mentally handicapped bloodthirsty teenage jocks!!"

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:20 pm

I love Eva.

I think I'm smart...

...yeah, I'm smart.

Really! I AM!

...okay...I'm not... :oops:

...but, I love Eva. Nuff Said. :)
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:31 pm

Hahaha. We're all a bunch of dumbasses.

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:48 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Although, as Gollum stated in Kojiro Abe's skit:

"Evangelion is for smart, sophisticated people and teenage boys with sexual problems, not stupid mentally handicapped bloodthirsty teenage jocks!!"

Well, I'm not really that smart. I'm not really that sophisticated. I'm not handicapped, bloodthirsty, or a jock. Uh oh...

Esion
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Esion » Fri Sep 10, 2004 1:59 am

You raise a very good point.

Perhaps Evangelion is the worst anime series ever and only dumb people like it.

:wink:
Yea and God said to Abraham, "You will kill your son Issac." And Abraham said, "I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." And God said, "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Vulkurt » Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:54 am

I think with any given thing, you have a wide spectrum of the relative intelligence of those consuming. And, you have to take into acount the bell-curve distrubution of intelligence in any given community. People can make dumb comments regarding, say, the Theory of Relativity, but other people can make insightful comments on Suvivor.
Done. Guarding.

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:04 am

only intelligent people understand evangelion. the ignorant will just be in awe at its complexity.

unless your just to retarded to finish the series
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:27 pm

When I wuz smart I uset to watch Evanjellyon but now I watch Stellvia.

--Charly

I'm sorry; I lifted that joke from an old issue of NATIONAL LAMPOON.

Invincible Kaji
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Invincible Kaji » Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:41 pm

I eat children.
Penguins aim for me.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Wow

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:07 pm

~I dident think that this many people would reply to my sugestion and stuff like that

~I do thinks its for SMART people tho because when i tried showing my friend who i would say is the modern stupid arogant teen and he dident like it.

~Has anyone heard or possibley read one of Orson Scott Card's books?

~thank you for stateing you opinion :lol:
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Wow

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:40 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:~I dident think that this many people would reply to my sugestion and stuff like that

~I do thinks its for SMART people tho because when i tried showing my friend who i would say is the modern stupid arogant teen and he dident like it.

Well, it's an interesting question. I was 24 when I first heard of EVA. But I wonder if I would have liked it when I was 14? When I was fourteen, my favorite anime was MEGAZONE TWO THREE, whose mood was very "it's good to be young and alive and to take risks."

Years later I met Maria Kawamura, who played Yui ("Takanaka," not "Ikari"), the female lead in MZ23 (she also played Jung-Freud in Gainax's GUNBUSTER) and asked her why there weren't anime like MZ23 these days. She said it was because the spirit of teenagers in Japan these days was better reflected by EVANGELION. ;-)

Dark FireStar wrote:~Has anyone heard or possibley read one of Orson Scott Card's books?

I've never read them, but I've heard a lot of people say stuff like his ENDER'S GAME reminded them of anime--kids fighting future wars.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:52 pm

I often have to deal with the appearance that I am intellectually superior to almost everyone I come face-to-face with in my day-to-day life (except for some of you, but then that isn't face-to-face), but then my thought process natrually brings me to this: if I were really all that intelligent, would I be spending so much time on messageboards talking about a television show? Wouldn't it be a better testament to any prowress I might have if I were to actually use this time to do something more productive? Does it say something about my internal capbilities that the best idea I can come up with in the absence of mandatory activity (even in its presence) is to go online and see what someone else has to say about something that usually means absolutely donkey dingle?

Then I have beer, and the ugly smarts fly away. Thank you, Jesus.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:05 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:I often have to deal with the appearance that I am intellectually superior to almost everyone I come face-to-face with in my day-to-day life (except for some of you, but then that isn't face-to-face), but then my thought process natrually brings me to this: if I were really all that intelligent, would I be spending so much time on messageboards talking about a television show? Wouldn't it be a better testament to any prowress I might have if I were to actually use this time to do something more productive? Does it say something about my internal capbilities that the best idea I can come up with in the absence of mandatory activity (even in its presence) is to go online and see what someone else has to say about something that usually means absolutely donkey dingle?

Then I have beer, and the ugly smarts fly away. Thank you, Jesus.

It's perfectly possible to have an Intelligence of 18 and a Wisdom score of 3. And as Misato/Jackie Martling would say, "I like beeeeeeeah! An' I like smokin' a nice doobie!"

Well, maybe it was Kaji who did the weed around there.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Nowhere to go

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:12 pm

I dont want to say that im smarter than most teenagers so not to gloat or whatever, but yeah its hard to find someone intellagent enough where i live so i come on the boards to speak with other highly intelligent, slightly insane people. So in other words this is where i use the other 75% of my brain thats not used in school.

thats about it :?:

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:57 pm

coff wrote:Hahaha. We're all a bunch of dumbasses.

i am not an idiot
im 14 with an IQ of 142
stupidity is my little bothers deparment
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”