Did Rei II have a love for Shinji?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu May 10, 2007 7:41 am

since when is there a Rei IV?

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu May 10, 2007 7:53 am

I think it is a reference to all the Rei's in the Reiquarium.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:35 am

BrikHaus wrote:I think it is a reference to all the Rei's in the Reiquarium.

Well Reiquarium is really Rei IV... we can't really say much about them...
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu May 10, 2007 8:51 am

well, technicallly, the remote that Ritsuko holds up as she destroys the Rei's in the tank show: Rei 004, Rei 005, etc.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Thu May 10, 2007 9:13 am

Ornette wrote:well, technicallly, the remote that Ritsuko holds up as she destroys the Rei's in the tank show: Rei 004, Rei 005, etc.

(Looks closely.)

That's no remote; that's an Apple Newton!

My brother has one just like that, as well as one of the later 2100s. Sadly, the real ones don't have color screens or funky LCARSish interfaces, but they're still nifty, albeit brick-like, things.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:14 am

So they expected her to die that many times or what? :lol:
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu May 10, 2007 10:32 am

:lol: That's fcuking hilarious!! I never noticed that thing was an Apple Newton!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu May 10, 2007 2:25 pm

i've been thinking... is this really even Rei were asking about i mean Rei is the name of the shell that Lilith resides in so i think were asking "did Lilith have a love for Shinji?". if not oh well... i'm not intent on getting hung up on it.

aside from that the love part to me is... well it could be the one of a few be it motherly, bro/sis , or that of a lover. come to think of it just how many 14 year-old meet their soul mate at that age?
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu May 10, 2007 2:48 pm

I think of it as a Motherly/Sisterly kind of love. Especially since he never got the love of a mother, well he did but not for very long, and experiences this from Rei/Lilith.

I wrote an essay and talked a little about this. I'll try posting it when my teacher has finished grading it. (She's a huge Eva fan too, so she'll correct me if I'm wrong :D )
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu May 10, 2007 7:16 pm

Kaminoyouni wrote:i've been thinking... is this really even Rei were asking about i mean Rei is the name of the shell that Lilith resides in so i think were asking "did Lilith have a love for Shinji?". if not oh well... i'm not intent on getting hung up on it.

well, i would guess that on 1st time someone watches that show, they wouldnt really understand that Rei IS Lilith, so all those noobs (no offense) would probably recognize the current title a LOT more

....and this doesnt really seem like chit-chat to me
this should be in the discussion room

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat May 12, 2007 1:51 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:
I wrote an essay and talked a little about this. I'll try posting it when my teacher has finished grading it. (She's a huge Eva fan too, so she'll correct me if I'm wrong :D )
Now I'm jealous that you have a teacher who's an NGE fan and you got to write an essay about it... Lucky bastard. :(
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat May 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Eva Yojimbo wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:
Now I'm jealous that you have a teacher who's an NGE fan and you got to write an essay about it... Lucky bastard. :(

1302 English based on Anime :D
2302 or 2353(don't remember) is my next English class based on Anime :D (same teacher too :P )

Btw, I got an A-, not bad for my first watching... but once I read it over I saw where my mistakes were... Ever since I've watched it about 3-4 times, and have read all these discussions... I wasn't too far off course, but nothing compared to some of you gurus here.

Anybody interested in reading it send me a PM. :P
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 13, 2007 5:27 am

Kaminoyouni wrote:i've been thinking... is this really even Rei were asking about?

Rei III's musings at the start of episode 25 indicate that there is a Rei-personality constructed over the underlying Lilith nature. In the NGE universe this is akin to the "does the mind rule the body or the body rule the mind?" issue -- how much is the Rei shell like a prism showing different aspects of the Lilith nature underneath.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun May 13, 2007 5:57 am

That musing also has her saying a person is made up of their interactions with other people. Rei and Lilith were separate people but when Rei accepted her existence was false and returned home she became one with Lilith.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 13, 2007 6:04 am

For once, I think we are in violent agreement here, possibly modulo philosophical arguments about what "false" might mean in the context.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Naz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Naz » Sun May 13, 2007 7:52 am

Leia kissed luke skywalker in the empire strikes back, in the rebuild I wouldnt be suprised if Rei smooches Shinji unexpectedly after he does something nice and Shinji/Asuka freak.

What I'm saying is, Rei II and Shinji could definately have a short romance.
N|Naz

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sun May 13, 2007 10:29 am

Naz wrote:What I'm saying is, Rei II and Shinji could definately have a short romance.
but this is about Rei feelings not wether or not they could have romance.
Last edited by Kaminoyouni on Sun May 13, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Naz
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Naz » Sun May 13, 2007 11:26 am

Kaminoyouni wrote:
Naz wrote:What I'm saying is, Rei II and Shinji could definately have a short romance.
but this is about Rei feeligns not wether or not they could have romance.

then the answer is yes in my opinion Rei II had feelings for Shinji
N|Naz

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 13, 2007 12:23 pm

Naz wrote:
Kaminoyouni wrote:
but this is about Rei feeligns not wether or not they could have romance.

then the answer is yes in my opinion Rei II had feelings for Shinji

Welcome to the eva monkey forums, think before you speak, dont act like an idiot, and you'll be fine.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun May 13, 2007 11:42 pm

BEING AN IDIOT IS FUN!!!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”