Kingdom Hearts

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

[Video Games] Kingdom Hearts

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu May 03, 2007 10:47 pm

are there any Kingdom Hearts fans here? if there is i'd like to disscus the games,plot,characters or whatever. like if we wanted to talk abouit KH2FM+
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Fri May 04, 2007 1:39 am

I saw The Lion King eleven times if that counts.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Fri May 04, 2007 3:00 am

You see, even if I do prefer Kingdom Hearts over Final Fantasy, I still wouldn't call myself a fan of it. It's more like a casual romance. Plot's nice if you're digesting it on your own, but it sure doesn't warrant much speculation. It IS kinda silly, all the ho-ha about darkness and shit.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Fri May 04, 2007 8:50 am

Actually, I just unlocked Reverse/Rebirth mode in KH:CoM last night. On my PSP. =/

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri May 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Kingdom Hearts is a waste of manpower that could be going into Chrono Break right now if SQUEENIX DIDN'T SUCK SO GODDAMN MUCH D:<
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Fri May 04, 2007 3:08 pm

A friend gave it to me and I turned it off as soon as I say mickey mouse on the screen.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Fri May 04, 2007 4:31 pm

stabbing people with keys is not cool
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Fri May 04, 2007 6:58 pm

Zkh wrote:A friend gave it to me and I turned it off as soon as I say mickey mouse on the screen.
so you must have played through the whole game. becasue its at the of the game is the only time Micky appears on screen. the end of the first one anyway
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

C4
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby C4 » Sat May 05, 2007 2:58 am

<First half of post relocated in a most ghetto manner.>

I rented the first title and thought that it was an average game. I thought the idea was horrible, but its execution won me over, the fighting was simple, but not awful, though the gummi ship was dreadful. I got about five/six hours into it maybe, and had no interest in playing it again. Then it started getting a lot of good reviews, from both the press, and people I know personally, so I decided to play it through, and I still only give the first game about a 7/10. The ending was going so well, but I rolled my eyes when Mickey showed up at the end, and sort of brought back the flawed main idea, "Oh yeah, it's Square.... and Disney."

I played KH II, and that impressed me immensely from the get go. Instead of being some sort of ugly bastard inbred Square/Disney crossover, it really established its own universe with its own characters. Of course, most of the game is going to Disney related places and using ethers on Donald,(that wanton magic-using ass) but the story is pretty original and non-derivative throughout, which is especially apparent in the beginning and end. It also helps that they upgraded the battle system substantially by giving you a thousand more fun ways to tear ass through enemies. KH II gets an easy 9.5/10 for me.

Never played Chain of Memories, don't know anything about the Final Mixes, or anything like that.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat May 05, 2007 8:22 am

I've never played any of the KH games, but I've got to wonder something. If this is related to Disney characters, what are the chances that the famous Captain Jack Sparrow is going to show up, thanks to the popularity of the "Pirates" movies? Or maybe he already has?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Sat May 05, 2007 11:03 am

Kaminoyouni wrote: so you must have played through the whole game. becasue its at the of the game is the only time Micky appears on screen. the end of the first one anyway

You're right, it was Mini Mouse I saw, close to the beginning.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 05, 2007 11:56 am

Kamino asked me to lock this, but... I decided to ghetto split the "Square, what has become of thee?!?" crap into another thread instead.

Maybe we can stay on topic this time? LOL.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sat May 05, 2007 12:05 pm

Reichu wrote:Kamino asked me to lock this, but... I decided to ghetto split the "Square, what has become of thee?!?" crap into another thread instead.

You forgot to take out the first part of C4's post.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat May 05, 2007 12:07 pm

Executor wrote:You forgot to take out the first part of C4's post.

Apologies for not operating at Pentium Speed.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sat May 05, 2007 12:10 pm

Reichu wrote:
Executor wrote:You forgot to take out the first part of C4's post.

Apologies for not operating at Pentium Speed.

Wrong, I use AMD >_+

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Sat May 05, 2007 2:14 pm

BrikHaus wrote:I've never played any of the KH games, but I've got to wonder something. If this is related to Disney characters, what are the chances that the famous Captain Jack Sparrow is going to show up, thanks to the popularity of the "Pirates" movies? Or maybe he already has?
yes our favorite Captain Jack is in KH2.
C4 wrote:Never played Chain of Memories, don't know anything about the Final Mixes, or anything like that.
Chain of Memories(or CoM form short) was what bridged KH 1 & 2 it's battle system was that of cards which most people were like "WTF???". it made for interesting game play to say the least and the story was even good but i often felt i was just playing KH 1 again.

Now as for the final mix version of the games they were made for Japan only the first one just being made after the first KH came to the US. our KH had 4 extra bosses to fight Phantom,Kurt Ziza,Ice Titan,Sephiroth when KH final mix came out it had a 5'th new boss the "hooded man" but once you play KH2 you know its Xemnas. plus it had a few new abilities to and two keyblades Diamond dust(which you get for beating the ice titan) and One Winged Angel(this one is self explanatory) plus a couple extra cut sences one of which is Cloud fighting Sephiroth as well as an extended exrta hidden ending, Deep dive.

KH2FM+ brings CoM to the ps2 platform as Re:Chain of Memories (as they come in a two disc set) the game is now in full 3d with voices in the cutscences instead of lip flaps and subtitles. the game also feels more integrated into the series.

the new and improved KH2 come complete with new bosses,abilities,keyblade,cutsences and a new cleared data feature and theater mode as well as a new difficulty setting "critical mode". the new cut sences at first have no voices but after you get clear data from both Re:CoM and KH2 you can see them with Japanese voices where as you can view all orginal cut sences in either English or Japanese. one of the new keyblades this time has the ability to up the chances of getting final form. the new "limit form" brings back some old but favorite abilities from the first KH such as dodge roll,strike raid,sonic blade, and ragnarok.

Now for the bosses, the new ones are all previously defeated Organization members Larxene,Marluxia,Zexion,Leaxaus,Vexen an added fight with Roxas instead of just a cutsence and the all powerful Enigmatic Soldier (or ES for short). at first the defeated members are fought each in a different place in a different world but after going through the "cave of rememberance" you can fight all thirteen members of the Organization over and over but they are all as hard as hell to beat. the ES is hands down the one of most difficult ememies i've seen Square create, even at max level with high defense he can have your HP down to one with two,three hits tops. see here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-SojmCtiDfU.
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sat May 05, 2007 8:05 pm

Reichu wrote:Kamino asked me to lock this, but... I decided to ghetto split the "Square, what has become of thee?!?" crap into another thread instead.

BAAAAAAAAAAaaa all that bullshit didn't deserve yet another thread. I was just handing out to someone who had the nerve to actually DEFEND Advent Childrenl

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun May 06, 2007 7:21 am

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Kingdom Hearts is a waste of manpower that could be going into Chrono Break right now if SQUEENIX DIDN'T SUCK SO GODDAMN MUCH D:<

Agreed. I have been waiting for Chrono Break for a very long time now.

And I only got up to the Agrabah stage of the first KH before I got too bored with it. Too much button mashing for my taste. Plus I still like the old turn based style of fighting better.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Sun May 06, 2007 9:30 am

Also, KH is absolutely gorgeous. Extravagant designs as always from Square, but it works better with a strong influence of Disney to keep them from going rampant with it.

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

•      
  •      

Postby Omegagouki » Sun May 06, 2007 8:32 pm

I suppose you could call me a fan of the series, as I really do find the concept quite interesting, and have quite familiarized myself with quite a few of the details.

But for playing experience, the only one I've actually managed to play personally is Chain of Memories, which is okay, but the card system takes a bit of getting used to, but I have managed to get through most of Sora's story.

The rest of my experience comes from my RP group, but eh, I doubt you'd be interested in hearing how that's influenced my affinity for KH. :P

One of these days I will get myself a PS2 and the other two games, but I haven't been able to really afford to do so yet.

Edit: Also of note, I have designed an Eva-based keyblade, but the drawing's not available on the net just yet. Maybe I'll show it in the future. :P
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”