Kingdom Hearts

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:20 pm

The Bastard King wrote:Okay both of you, sorry for the bump, but I missed this earlier and you guys are being silly. Stop being silly. This is getting dangerously close to some of the older rumours that have circles the net, including some infamous ones such as "how to getz Zack in FF7!!1!" or "get da pokegods in redblue". If you ever see anything with the phrases "100%", "erase the file", or "wooden chocobo" in them, don't bother reading on.

Although it is possible to get Mew in Red/Blue w/out a gameshark. =P
what makes you think I believed that crap?
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:17 pm

Bleh....Kingdom Hearts. It's not that I out and out hate it. Well, yes it is. Well, ok not so much KH itself as Square. Square used to be good, a long time ago. Far as I'm concerned Final Fantasy 6 was the last good game they made. I don't like KH for 2 main reasons: a. It includes Disney content, and Disney went to hell when Walt died. And b. its on offshoot of FF, and includes FF characters. I respect Final Fantasy, and I do like some of the older games, like 6 as I already mentioned. Within the context of the time they were made, and the limitations of the systems they were on, their great games and definitely groundbreaking in their time.

However, I do not hold 7 (I refuse to use the roman numerals, seriously, stop it Square its just stupid now) to be the best game ever made, or even to be a sorta good game. Its not that it's aged poorly, lots of games have aged badly, but still hold up, it you look past the surface. Its that imo 7 simply was never a good game to begin with. The story is nothing special. A bunch of wacky characters with retarded names and spiky hair fighting with giant swords...wow, how original. I know this is about Kingdom Hearts, not Final Fantasy, but my point is that the trend has continued at least since FF 7, and into KH.

Look, I can take a whole lotta weird. I love bizarre, and no one does it like the Japanese. But it seems to me that Square has, over the years, been increasing the amount of weird shit to compensate for lack of good plot.

"We can't come up with anything really good or gripping, what should we do?"

"Um...I know! Put some more furries and gunblades in! If we put enough crap like that in the game, maybe no one will notice."

I think the worst part, and the bit that angers me the most is that this kind of crap actually works. People are convinced that FF is a gift from the gods, and they gobble up game after shoddy game. And now their doing the same with Kingdom Hearts. For the love of Christ people! Wake up! It's Goofy and Donald fighting beside a spiky haired anime kid. What the hell compels you people to buy this trash? And don't get me started on the so called "RPG" gameplay. At best it's RPG-lite. To a seasoned Elder Scrolls and d20 player like me, it's an insult to true roleplaying.
Gone away

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:47 pm

i don't know if you read the whole thread but... all your "boo hoo square gone bad" bullshit is in this thread: http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3003

as for why why i buy this "trash" as you called it. god forbid i looked past the disneyness and actually liked stuff such as the RPG-lite gameplay useing the light vs. dark battle in a original way with a fairly enjoyable story (granted it could use more input from the FF characters and even more of the older ones just to shut up the old school FF fans, hoestly your guys bitching about ff7 is worse then i'd imagned, people like ff7, Deal!). as for Elder scrolls i've played morriwind and tryed Oblivion but i have to ask... where the hell is the excitment? rather boring voice overs(then again this is in english, but for the record Patrick Steward FTW!) as much i rather be able to play KH with original Japanese voice cast we never get the "internation versions" of games. but back to elder scrolls, a choice between first person and third person view with little action for each swing of a weapon.... wee... but then i've never made it that far, perhaps if i'd seen more exicting action i might have been more inclind to play.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:10 pm

n00dle wrote:Far as I'm concerned Final Fantasy 6 was the last good game they made.

Welcome to the rose tinted bandwagon!

I can't speak for your tastes in games, as I don't really find Western RPGs all that appealing at all, but even though KH and most everything else Squeenix is doing right now IS a waste of space for Chrono Break, at least KH is fun to play. I play JRPGs because I find them fun, I guess. Am I not hardcore enough to find "trash" like that unappealing?
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Morzella
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Morzella » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:17 pm

Yeah I was one of them people that looked at KH and said "Disney? I fucking hate disney" and thus avoided it like the plague. Then it got many good reviwes and real people told me it was actully good. However I stick to my word (somewhat) and said unto these people "It's still Diseney. mabye it is good but I am not playing it". However of late I have tryed to become more open minded. Thus I said "I like FF. If the gameplay is actully good I should give it a go, sure it is Disney but they did some good stuff". So I set out to buy KH but couldn't find it. I might buy KH2 but can't stand playing a sequel with out haveing played the orignal first.

By the way quick off topic jibe.

To a seasoned Elder Scrolls and d20 player like me, it's an insult to true roleplaying.

Calling D&D true RP is a bit of a push. Ok sure it can be RP but most D&D is a hack fest of epic porportions with the odd reason given for looting the body.

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

APREESH KH [Game]

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:55 am

The Kingdom Hearts series and the new game comin out for the DS!

Discuss :boingy:
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:07 am

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game. Isn't it like Final Fantasy meets Disney?
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:17 am

^ That basically sums up the entire thing. I've only played KH II but I thought it was pretty good (minus Goofy/Donald existing :fistshake:).

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 am

Kingdom hearts 2 is a great game, cant wait for 3
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:26 am

schismatics wrote:^ That basically sums up the entire thing. I've only played KH II but I thought it was pretty good (minus Goofy/Donald existing :fistshake:).

Play KH1. it is in all aspects when compared to II a better game. its harder and it actually takes some strategy versus KH2 where you can beat the whole game with the triangle button. and in terms of donald and goofy their AI in 1 in better and they actually DO something when you tell them to. the story for 2 is good but not quite as good as 1.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:42 am

i like KH2 better, but i do agree with everything you said about the first being better, i just personally love spammingin X and Triangle and having king mickey save my life if id die.... no i think its the forms i really enjoy
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:54 am

final form is amazing. pwn made face.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Good to see my old thread back. Well anyway, My friend both imported and Downloaded 358/2 days, and from what we've learned,
SPOILER: Show
The Plot takes place during the year Sora is absent from the series. The 14th member from Org.13 was a girl named Xion who is ,strangely, a failed copy of Sora created by using his memories, and by the end of the game she tries to absorb Roxas to try and become complete, these events are what compel Roxas to leave Org.13 and find the real Sora.
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Evangerion
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Evangerion » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:49 pm

I love Kingdom Hearts with a passion. D:
I can't wait the the new ones to come out, except I need to find my PSP and buy a DS. :c
ググれカス

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Anyone play Re:Chain of Memories? I've beat the original on GBA but how's it on the PS2?
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

xtr00kvltcorex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby xtr00kvltcorex » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:47 am

IrkenEvangelion wrote:Anyone play Re:Chain of Memories? I've beat the original on GBA but how's it on the PS2?

i played it, beat it, and loved it. kind of annoying for me the first time around since i never played it on the GBA, but all in all a good story, though at times it felt too much like KH1.
I’m spinning
Faster than the earth
I’m shining
Brighter than the stars

Annihilationscape
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilationscape » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am

I've meant to borrow Re: Chain from a friend for months now.

Very stoked for 358/2 as well as the PSP one.

And KH3... Seriously guys. How long has it been since 2?
"I'll make you wish you hadn't burned our time before/ I'll live through this in a manner cursed at my own accord.

If my shame spills our worth across this floor/ Then tonight, goodnight... I'm burning Star IV."

-Claudio nukes creation because lolheartbreak, Coheed & Cambria

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:12 am

I'm a big fan of the games and I would put the second game on my top 10 list. The only issue I had with the second game that it was rather easy compare to the first game. I can't wait for the new game for the PSP and maybe a 3rd one for the PS3/360.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Sounds like I'll have to get Re:Chain. Thanks!
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:49 pm

I've beaten (and own a copy) of Kingdom Hearts 1 for PS2. I think it's a great game as far as an RPG goes. The main gameplay is very fun and simple enough to interest you, but it actually has a good learning curve which makes for some really interesting (and challenging) battles later in the game. The story is kind of just a weird bastardized Disney meets Final Fantasy type deal, but it was passable imo.

As an action RPG game, it really kicks ass. Even with the G rated themes.

I never got far in Kingdom Hearts 2 as the beginning of the game is painfully slow, but I intend to obtain a copy and finish it one day.
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”