Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Anime Figure Thread

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed May 02, 2007 10:42 am

I just got these beauties in from Japan and thought I'd share them with you. I'd have more pictures and better quality, but my camera battery was about to die, so I sort of rushed these in my excitement. I hope you guys can post pictures of cool figures you might have. :D

First, Vash the Stampede from "Trigun." He looks like he's ready to kick some ass. He has removable sunglasses and also the black cat that pops up in every episode of the show. His arms articulate, and his left hand can transform into his hidden gun.

Second, Spike Spiegel from "Cowboy Bebop." Damn, he's cool. This figure is actually huge, and dwarfs the others in comparison. I could gush for hours about this one since I'm such a huge fan of the show.

Third, Buster Machine No. 7...more commonly known as Nono!!! Groovin' Magic, baby, Groovin' Magic :D She's got two interchangeable hairstyles, the radar part of her hair can turn 360 degrees, and there are also attachable missile ports that go on her legs (not pictured).

Last edited by BrikHaus on Wed May 02, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed May 02, 2007 12:11 pm

Meh, I want that figure of Spike!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed May 02, 2007 1:23 pm

Meh, Spike's ok I guess. Vash is my favorite though. I like the chain thing he's got going on (Chains=InstantAwesomeness).

And when I first saw Nono, I thought it was Asuka in some funky new plugsuit :lol: I should REALLY see Gunbuster one of these days...
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed May 02, 2007 1:29 pm

Nono's from Diebuster. Also, all three figures are very yes.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Wed May 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Here's mine(camera = shit)

Bottom = GaoGaiGar, I found it for 12 bucks, it came with an Armitage III and Tenchi muyo figure, but they were pure shit.
you know who's in the middle, it's a pretty good figure too, Revoltech is great for small scale stuff.
Ryuk from Death Note on top

And yes, this is how I have been keeping them, I'll stand them all up once I get my Optimus Prime and Mazinger Z crap

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed May 02, 2007 1:48 pm

Brik those are all awesome. I don't quite like the chains on Vash though.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed May 02, 2007 1:49 pm

Trigger's Elysium wrote:Nono's from Diebuster.

O RLY?

Are Gunbuster and Diebuster even related?
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed May 02, 2007 1:50 pm

TriLink12 wrote:Are Gunbuster and Diebuster even related?

YA RLY
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed May 02, 2007 1:52 pm

Care to elaborate?

slothen wrote: I don't quite like the chains on Vash though.

Again, Chains=InstantAwesomeness :P

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed May 02, 2007 2:02 pm

TriLink12 wrote:Care to elaborate?

Diebuster is the sequel to Gunbuster, only it takes place 12,000 years later.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed May 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Thank You Brik :D

(We will now rejoin our regularly scheduled thread, already in progess)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed May 02, 2007 4:13 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Diebuster is the sequel to Gunbuster, only it takes place 12,000 years later and is like a bazillion times cooler.

Fixed.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed May 02, 2007 4:31 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:Diebuster is the sequel to Gunbuster, only it takes place 12,000 years later and is like a bazillion times cooler because of its large amounts of Groovin' Magic.

Fixed.

Double Fixed.
Awesomely Shitty

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Wed May 02, 2007 4:36 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:Diebuster is the sequel to Gunbuster, only it takes place 12,000 years later and is like a bazillion times less cool because of lack of coach, hard work and guts, and Asuka proto-type.

Fixed.

SUPER FIXED

Not even Megatron can beat Gunbuster.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed May 02, 2007 4:37 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:Diebuster is the sequel to Gunbuster, only it takes place 12,000 years later and is like a bazillion times cooler because of its large amounts of Groovin' Magic and cartoon boobies.

Fixed.

Double Fixed.

Triple fixed.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Wed May 02, 2007 4:50 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:*falls into pyramid*

Fixed.

Double Fixed.

Triple fixed.

QUADRUPLE FIXED

ALSO DAMN THESE PYRAMID SCHEMES
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed May 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Seriously, let's stop this.

Does anyone else have anime figures they'd like to post?
Awesomely Shitty

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Wed May 02, 2007 7:13 pm

I have the monkey Asuka figure which also comes with a cat Rei (my friend didn't let me have Rei), but I don't have a camera.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm

I just ordered a statue of Asuka and Rei pre-lezzing out for 40 bucks.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed May 02, 2007 7:45 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:but I don't have a camera.

Neither do I, but maybe I'll borrow my roommate's. And take a picture of my Ultraman figure.

Return to “Anime and Manga”