For the first time in many years, I was possessed by an urgent need to know just how massive Lilith's corpse actually is. This crude but nonetheless educational image was the result. The Lilith Islands would be approximately 127 km from head to knee!
Disclaimer: With NGE being a bit flaky when it comes to how big things are relative to one another (and EoE pushing this to especially ludicrous new degrees), this is obviously just a rough idea. Some notes:
- Google Maps for the map.
- Source image for GNR is the shot where her wings evaporate, shortly before she falls apart into chunks. Sorry for potato quality; even the BD version wasn't big enough, and I didn't feel like redrawing it.
- Sketchy lines under GNR are meant to show the submerged section of thigh. (Rest of legs would be lying shin-down on ocean floor.)
- Black Moon plus explosion crater is scaled to map according to the diameter of the BM provided in production material, which is 12.75 km. In the actual show from the movie, the BM is far too large.
- Height of bent-back GNR calculated from the image where the Moon bleeds on her abdomen before exploding. Again, using 12.75 km as the diameter of the Black Moon.
- Lake Ashi shows through the Black Moon to indicate where Tokyo-3 had been. (The city it at the north shore of the lake.)
- Goodbye, Miyake Island. We hardly knew ye.
- Final scene of EoE takes place in
(EDIT: whoops, that's underwater) I dunno lol