This is the most accurate depiction of Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Zkh
Sachiel
Sachiel

This is the most accurate depiction of Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Zkh » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:09 pm

http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3186/loltruedi3.jpg

This is EXACTLY how I looked when I saw Evangelion, and is probably how most normal people did as well.
Last edited by Zkh on Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:16 pm

Am I the only person who liked the TV ending?
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:19 pm

Space Penis wrote:Am I the only person who liked the TV ending?

Yes.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:21 pm

An old 4koma but a funny one, also one that's large enough to merit a link instead of a direct image, IMO. (I've seen versions of this that were done vertically, a little more forum friendly).

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:51 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Yes.
I was actually more let down by the film ending then the TV ending. That makes me even more isolated than Space Penis, doesn't it?
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:59 pm

No.

For a commentary on the effects of Evangelion, if prefer these two pictures (By Reichu?)

+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:00 pm

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:FUNNY PICS
He he, more good ones! :lol:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:20 pm

For the record, I didn't dislike all of EoTV. I rather liked the glimpse of the alternate universe in 26. I kind of wish it had been longer. It was a lot more interesting than a bunch of characters standing around talking without moving their mouths. OK Gainax, you had budget problems, I understand, but how expensive can it really be to film the lip flaps, huh?
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:27 pm

BrikHaus wrote:For the record, I didn't dislike all of EoTV. I rather liked the glimpse of the alternate universe in 26. I kind of wish it had been longer. It was a lot more interesting than a bunch of characters standing around talking without moving their mouths. OK Gainax, you had budget problems, I understand, but how expensive can it really be to film the lip flaps, huh?

If the two songs at the end didn't move you you have no soul, and if you have no soul how are you alive? If you aren't alive you couldn't post. So, as you posted you must have a soul, you must have been moved by EoTV, QED. :P yes that was a joke.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:28 pm

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:For the record, I didn't dislike all of EoTV. I rather liked the glimpse of the alternate universe in 26. I kind of wish it had been longer. It was a lot more interesting than a bunch of characters standing around talking without moving their mouths. OK Gainax, you had budget problems, I understand, but how expensive can it really be to film the lip flaps, huh?

If the two songs at the end didn't move you you have no soul...

Two songs? I guess I wasn't moved and don't have a soul because I don't know what you're talking about. :wink:
Awesomely Shitty

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:34 pm

I liked EoTV. That is all.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:37 pm

Haha, love both pics. However, I loved both endings to NGE. The more I've thought about them (and seen them), the more I've realized how crucial to one another they are. I used this analogy before, but it's as if someone ripped out the last chapter of a really good book, and stapled the pages together in a way to create two endings that told the same story from different points of view. I still think they're both highly originally and endlessly powerful and fascinating.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:52 pm

No.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:17 pm

If we're going to use the "This is your brain" pics in this kind of context, I ought to make a couple of additional ones...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:34 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Two songs? I guess I wasn't moved and don't have a soul because I don't know what you're talking about. :wink:

'This heady feeling of Freedom' and 'Good or Don't be'. They start as the 'alternate' reality ends and finish at: 'to all the children congratulations.'

I just noticed that Reichu puts a little . . . logo (?) on the pictures she makes.

Edit Watermark! That's the word I meant.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:42 pm

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:'This heady feeling of Freedom' and 'Good or Don't be'. They start as the 'alternate' reality ends and finish at: 'to all the children congratulations.'

OK, yeah, those were pretty good.
Awesomely Shitty

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:56 pm

Your argument would work if those two musical numbers were SONGS and not just MUSIC. ;)

Songs = music adapted for singing

That's why it always royally pisses me off when people refer the the classical pieces in NGE (or anything) as "songs". Makes me want to... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:46 pm

HALLELUJAH AMEN FREUNDE~!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:05 pm

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:'This heady feeling of Freedom' and 'Good or Don't be'. They start as the 'alternate' reality ends and finish at: 'to all the children congratulations.'

Oddly enough, the only thing I liked about the Tv Series ending is the music. All of the other aspects of it just irked me, what with the shoddy animation, and the incredibly unresolved issues of the characters (other than Shinji). If they had taken the time to tackle the issues of the other protagonists, I'd have no problem with it.../OT
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:10 am

Shoddy animation? In MY "Evangelion"?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”