Eva Maintenence

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Shamonan
Embryo

Eva Maintenence

•      
  •      

Postby Shamonan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:39 pm

We all know working at NERV would probably be the most stressful job in the entire world, but what goes into repairing and maintaining the Evangelions themselves? Being cyborgs, there's more to it then just reading the manual and replacing parts. If internal organs get damaged or limbs get cut off, they have to be regrown, reinstalled and covered with new armor. All while the Evangelion is in a zombie-like state, without power, or if power is needed for it to move, the staff hoping it doesn't go berserk. And what does the Eva eat to maintain its organic tissue? (the same could be argued about Terminators) How is waste removed? If the Evas are presumably female and human, do they shed endometrium? (I'm trying not to give people an image of NERV technicians getting paid to load giant tampons into 'lower' Entry Plugs... :oops: )
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. -Roald Dahl

My Website: shamonan.deviantart.com

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Eva Maintenence

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:50 pm

Shamonan wrote:(I'm trying not to give people an image of NERV technicians getting paid to load giant tampons into 'lower' Entry Plugs... :oops: )

Too late -- this is an OLD caption

I think there has been a thread about Eva maintenance some time in the last few months, which a little diligent use of the search tool should locate
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Shamonan wrote:If the Evas are presumably female and human, do they shed endometrium? (I'm trying not to give people an image of NERV technicians getting paid to load giant tampons into 'lower' Entry Plugs... :oops: )

I imagine they're all given total hysterectomy surgeries upon creation.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:08 pm

my question is what are they grown from? Rei clone + hormones and dna manipulation = really big eva?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Shamonan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shamonan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:14 pm

Oh, come on! Everyone knows Evangelions are clones of Adam, with the exception of Eva Unit-01, which is derived from the biomass of Lilith.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:34 pm

Shamonan wrote:Oh, come on! Everyone knows Evangelions are clones of Adam, with the exception of Eva Unit-01, which is derived from the biomass of Lilith.

EVA-01 would still technically be a clone of Adam. I mean just look at her, she looks just like the other Evas... Well except for the head, but they're all different anyways.

Shamonan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Shamonan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:46 pm

Even before Unit-01 eats Zeruel's S2 Engine, there's still something about it that makes it different from the others. I think Death and Rebirth has some quick flashes that show the Eva separating from Lilith via binary fission. Why Lilith created it, I can't say, but it's strange that Unit-01 looks like the other Evangelions; that is, like Adam. I have no idea why it was created differently. Maybe Adam had impregnated Lilith with his child before he became trapped in Antarctica? They used to be married, you know. Anyway, there's a connection to Rei in here somewhere, since she also contains some of Lilith's essence (or bio-matter, it isn't quite clear which).

As for the head, just remember that the Evangelions all wear different armor and masks, though it doesn't really explain why they have differing numbers of eyes if they're supposed to be clones of the two-eyed Adam.

Typhus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Typhus » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:22 pm

for a fact I know that the number of eyes the evas have add up to 7( eva 02 has 4 eyes, eva 01 has 2, and eva 00 has 1 add it up and you get 7), representing the 7 eyes of god like the seele sysmbal. I remember reading somewhere that eva 01 chest armor is diffent becuase its suppose to have the most armor out of all the evangelions , but that might not be true. Personally I think eva 01 was built from lilith becuse it was buit with the exact perpose of playing a role in 3rd impact.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:37 pm

Typhus wrote:Personally I think eva 01 was built from lilith becuse it was buit with the exact perpose of playing a role in 3rd impact.

Can you say backup plan?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:40 am

Shamonan wrote:I think Death and Rebirth has some quick flashes that show the Eva separating from Lilith via binary fission. Why Lilith created it,

Also on the pre-Platinum Reiquarium scene...

There is enough support in dialogue to suggest that EVA-01 was grown from Adamic material -- by the agency of Gehirn. The picture indicates that this was done using Lilith as a host medium.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:46 am

Shamonan wrote:Oh, come on! Everyone knows Evangelions are clones of Adam, with the exception of Eva Unit-01, which is derived from the biomass of Lilith.

Yes I know that. But it has to grow from something. You don't get a giant humanoid creature by saying "lol its a clone." Somewhere it has to grow and maybe be born. Which begs the question of where the extra Rei's came from.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:10 am

slothen wrote:Which begs the question of where the extra Rei's came from.

You have lots-o-legs sprouting from Lilith that seem close to Kaworu's size.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:16 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
slothen wrote:Which begs the question of where the extra Rei's came from.

You have lots-o-legs sprouting from Lilith that seem close to Kaworu's size.

And we see the same legs on the cloned Spears that the MPE's used before they explode.

So why do you need biomass in order to clone?

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:37 am

Typhus wrote:for a fact I know that the number of eyes the evas have add up to 7( eva 02 has 4 eyes, eva 01 has 2, and eva 00 has 1 add it up and you get 7),

And I know for a fact that 3+2 = 5
Typhus wrote:representing the 7 eyes of god like the seele sysmbal.

Someone's been taking ADV seriously . . . or was that in the Mangle commentary?

Now tell me they are the barons of hell.

I remember reading somewhere that eva 01 chest armor is diffent becuase its suppose to have the most armor out of all the evangelions , but that might not be true. Personally I think eva 01 was built from lilith becuse it was buit with the exact perpose of playing a role in 3rd impact.

They all look slightly different, the reason 00 looks more like 02 after the refit is probably because they had some spare armour for her.

I always thought that they regenerated over time perhaps during that cryo-stasis thingy.

Yes I know that. But it has to grow from something. You don't get a giant humanoid creature by saying "lol its a clone." Somewhere it has to grow and maybe be born. Which begs the question of where the extra Rei's came from.

Mitosis? In the specific sense of Lilith: Quantum Magic? Or maybe she was trying to regenerate her body but there was a mutation going on.
Rei is like cancer to a Progenitor Entity. :lol:
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:50 am

Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:
Typhus wrote:for a fact I know that the number of eyes the evas have add up to 7( eva 02 has 4 eyes, eva 01 has 2, and eva 00 has 1 add it up and you get 7),

If the State declared that "two plus two makes five" as a fact, and everybody believed it, would it not be true?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Katayoku no Tenshi
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Katayoku no Tenshi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:56 am

BrikHaus81 wrote:
Katayoku no Tenshi wrote:

If the State declared that "two plus two makes five" as a fact, and everybody believed it, would it not be true?

That's hardly a fair test, if you strapped a cage of Rat's to my face I'd tell ypu that 2 + 2 = Sherbet :wink:
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Morzella
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Morzella » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:46 am

The idea that the number of eyes the Eva's have is important seems a little whimsical to me, because it dose not take into account the rest of the Eva seris. If the seven eye thing has some siginfacens other then being nice imagery then the Evas yet to be made must all have no eyes.

BLACKANGEL32076
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby BLACKANGEL32076 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:36 pm

Typhus wrote:for a fact I know that the number of eyes the evas have add up to 7( eva 02 has 4 eyes, eva 01 has 2, and eva 00 has 1 add it up and you get 7), representing the 7 eyes of god like the seele sysmbal. I remember reading somewhere that eva 01 chest armor is diffent becuase its suppose to have the most armor out of all the evangelions , but that might not be true. Personally I think eva 01 was built from lilith becuse it was buit with the exact perpose of playing a role in 3rd impact.

If that's the case, how does Unit-03's two play into that?
-...because a lot can happen in 24hrs.
-"Consistancy people, consistancy!!!"-George Carlin

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:05 am

Shamonan wrote:How is waste removed?

With tubes going into unpleasant places?

If the Evas are presumably female and human, do they shed endometrium? (I'm trying not to give people an image of NERV technicians getting paid to load giant tampons into 'lower' Entry Plugs... :oops: )

My guess would be that they wouldn't suffer from such a specifically mammalian quirk.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:32 pm

BLACKANGEL32076 wrote:
Typhus wrote:for a fact I know that the number of eyes the evas have add up to 7( eva 02 has 4 eyes, eva 01 has 2, and eva 00 has 1 add it up and you get 7), representing the 7 eyes of god like the seele sysmbal. I remember reading somewhere that eva 01 chest armor is diffent becuase its suppose to have the most armor out of all the evangelions , but that might not be true. Personally I think eva 01 was built from lilith becuse it was buit with the exact perpose of playing a role in 3rd impact.

If that's the case, how does Unit-03's two play into that?

it doesnt, which means that that theory is bogus.

and about Unit-01 looking like all the other Evas even though its a clone of Lilith, well maybe it was a silly planned that ultimately worked to make Unit-01 loook like Adam so nobody would suspect that she wasnt.

and maybe Unit-01 has more armor because it needs more to restrain the beast.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”